[Drama 2023] See You In My 19th Life / 이번 생도 잘 부탁해

Maetawinz

@Latte_Anyday Honestly? I dropped it after ep 2. :grimace: The whole kiddie romance was weird, especially since he was way younger than her too in her 18th life. I am so done with these child romance plots - recent kdrama Family took it too far when a 6 year old girl was obsessed about a 6 year old boy, and then we even get a kiss on the mouth in one episode.

:spitswater:

The whole timeline makes it messy too. Even though Shin Hye Sun looks youthful, she doesn't look like 24. She looks like she's close to Ahn Bo Hyun's age (which she is IRL).

Also, Ahn Bo Hyun lost too much weight for this role, and I miss his abs. :criesariver:

I fail to understand what the plot of this drama is. In ep 2 she comes off as a stalker - too aggressive and obsessed. Like Ms. Koala I did not see any chemistry between the leads either.

https://koalasplayground.com/2023/07/05/tvn-fantasy-romance-see-you-in-my-19th-life-averaging-5-ratings-through-episode-6-as-the-story-continues-to-be-carried-by-shin-hye-suns-stellar-acting/

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • Blob 1

@partyon LMFAo then u probably aren't in the current hot bandwagon of c-drama, "Hidden Love" then!

In that c-drama, fl was 14 when she crushes on her bro's bestie who's 21y.o. at the time (7yr age gap) and it was weird how they casted a elementary child actress.. but hey it's a hit among young viewers and crazed fangirls of the ml Chen Zhe Yuan LoL.

I mean noona-dongsaeng romances have always been pretty prevalent in many k-dramas but yea it's icky LoL. Like I figure this is the female version of "Goblin" y'know? As in "Goblin", the ml is in his 40s with Kim Go Eun in her 30s but she plays a character in her teens while he's supposedly centuries old.

Then ya have Al Pacino who's in his 80s & just had another child LoL.

• Shocked 1

@Latte_Anyday I was reading about the cdrama you mentioned on Ms. Koala's blog. I read that there are varying views and opinions.

I found it really weird that Goblin's bride was a high schooler. Especially since he was supposed to be like 700 years old or something. :blink:

And don't get me started on Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol.... Did you watch it? I was loving the drama until we found out that the ML was supposed to be a high school student and the FL was 26. :blink: I was like huh?

But, Family really took the cake. Kdrama writers, please stop putting kiddie romances into dramas. They are not cute. Let kids be kids...

So what's your opinion on the drama itself? What do you think about the plot?

Spoiler

Shin Hye Sun And A Soaked Ahn Bo Hyun Share A Tender Moment In “See You In My 19th Life”

Shin Hye Sun And A Soaked Ahn Bo Hyun Share A Tender Moment In “See You In My 19th Life”

tvN’s “See You in My 19th Life” has shared a glimpse of a romantic moment between Shin Hye Sun And Ahn Bo Hyun!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “See You in My 19th Life” is a fantasy romance drama starring Shin Hye Sun as Ban Ji Eum, a woman who has been repeatedly reincarnated for nearly a thousand years and remembers all of her past lives. After her 18th life is tragically cut short, Ban Ji Eum decides that in her 19th life, she will do everything she can to find a man named Moon Seo Ha (Ahn Bo Hyun) that she met in her 18th life.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “See You in My 19th Life,” Moon Seo Ha found Ban Ji Eum waiting outside his house after learning a shocking truth about the car accident that ended her 18th life. Shaken and emotional, Moon Seo Ha asked Ban Ji Eum if she could hold him, and the episode ended with her giving him a warm hug to comfort him.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, the pair get even closer. Ban Ji Eum affectionately takes care of a drenched Moon Seo Ha with a loving gaze, wrapping a towel around his shoulders and tenderly caressing his face.

Notably, Moon Seo Ha looks nervous as he returns her gaze, suggesting that her displays of affection have made his heart skip a beat or two—but he still stares deeply into her eyes without looking away, heightening anticipation for whether romance will finally blossom between them.

Spoiler

Shin-Hye-Sun-3.jpeg

Shin-Hye-Sun-2-1.jpegShin-Hye-Sun-Ahn-Bo-Hyun.jpegAhn-Bo-Hyun.jpeg

The next episode of “See You in My 19th Life” will air on July 8 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599149wpp/shin-hye-sun-and-a-soaked-ahn-bo-hyun-share-a-tender-moment-in-see-you-in-my-19th-life

• Like 1

@partyon

Y'mean plot for "See You In My 19 Life?" Or..? I think previews for upcoming ep. show a bit of promise. Seo Ha's dad is scaryyyy~ don't even get me started on his insufferable stepmom. And Ae Gyeong seem to be very very sick... I'd like to know what Min Gi's connection is to Ji Eum?

I mean if ya read any of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series it basically has the same premise - a centuries old immortal fallin' for a much younger love interest. 

Frankly I'd much prefer the c-drama, "When I Fly Towards You" over "Hidden Love". Eventhough both are by the same author. I got bored with HL the drama version when the otp got together LoL! I didn't think Lu Si had much chemistry with Zhe Yuan.. he is so skinny LoL. And they were too cringeworthy (dodging for cover from rabid fans) Lu Si was better with Riley , Wu Lei in previous dramas...

• Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 7 :).

“King The Land” And “Durian’s Affair” Achieve Their Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

“King The Land” And “Durian’s Affair” Achieve Their Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

tvN’s “See You in My 19th Life” similarly dropped to an all-time low of 4.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599194wpp/king-the-land-and-durians-affair-achieve-their-highest-saturday-ratings-yet

• Like 1

Spoiler

Shin Hye Sun Can’t Hide Her Sadness During Romantic Moment With Ahn Bo Hyun In “See You In My 19th Life”

Shin Hye Sun Can’t Hide Her Sadness During Romantic Moment With Ahn Bo Hyun In “See You In My 19th Life”

Is there turbulence ahead for Shin Hye Sun and Ahn Bo Hyun’s budding romance in “See You in My 19th Life”?

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, tvN’s “See You in My 19th Life” is a fantasy romance drama starring Shin Hye Sun as Ban Ji Eum, a woman who has been repeatedly reincarnated for nearly a thousand years and remembers all of her past lives. After her 18th life is tragically cut short, Ban Ji Eum decides that in her 19th life, she will do everything she can to find a man named Moon Seo Ha (Ahn Bo Hyun) that she met in her 18th life.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “See You in My 19th Life,” Moon Seo Ha and Ban Ji Eum shared a romantic first kiss that set viewers’ hearts aflutter. However, just as everything seemed to finally be going well for the couple, Ban Ji Eum was suddenly reminded of a memory from her first life—and she remembered a man walking away from her with a bloody sword who had the exact same face as Moon Seo Ha.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, the couple shares a blissful meal together as they spend some quality time alone. However, in contrast to Ban Ji Eum’s beaming smiles from before, there is something sorrowful about her expression as she embraces Moon Seo Ha tightly, as if afraid to let go of this moment.

Ahn-Bo-Hyun-Shin-Hye-Sun.jpegShin-Hye-Sun-Ahn-Bo-Hyun-1.jpegShin-Hye-Sun-Ahn-Bo-Hyun-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Ahn-Bo-Hyun-1.jpeg

To find out what lies in store for these star-crossed lovers—and whether they will be able to weather the coming storm—catch the next episode of “See You in My 19th Life” on July 9 at 9:20 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599228wpp/shin-hye-sun-cant-hide-her-sadness-during-romantic-moment-with-ahn-bo-hyun-in-see-you-in-my-19th-life

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 8 :).

“King The Land” Wraps Up 1st Half On Its Highest Ratings Yet

“King The Land” Wraps Up 1st Half On Its Highest Ratings Yet

tvN’s “See You in My 19th Life,” which airs in an overlapping time slot with “Durian’s Affair,” rose to an average nationwide rating of 4.5 percent for its latest episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599415wpp/king-the-land-wraps-up-1st-half-on-its-highest-ratings-yet

Watch: Shin Hye Sun Takes The Lead In Her Kiss Scene With Ahn Bo Hyun On Set Of “See You In My 19th Life”

Watch: Shin Hye Sun Takes The Lead In Her Kiss Scene With Ahn Bo Hyun On Set Of “See You In My 19th Life”

“See You in My 19th Life” has shared heart-fluttering behind-the-scenes moments of a kiss scene from the drama!

Spoilers

The new making-of video begins with Shin Hye Sun and Ahn Bo Hyun rehearsing their kiss scene.

Shin Hye Sun naturally takes the lead by suggesting that she wipes the water from Ahn Bo Hyun’s face first before the kiss scene, further discussing different options and details.

When filming, Ahn Bo Hyun leans in for a quick kiss but ends up stuttering his lines, bringing laughter on set. Shin Hye Sun remarks, “That was so cute!” Shin Hye Sun also helps Ahn Bo Hyun place his hands around her during their kiss to make the scene seem more natural.

Ha Yun Kyung and Ahn Dong Gu similarly rehearse the details of their romantic scene together, trying out different poses and angles for their near kiss scene.

Ahn Bo Hyun further impresses with his cooking skills, and after filming their back hug scene, Ahn Bo Hyun sweetly wipes Shin Hye Sun’s hands in case any food splattered on her while carrying out the scene.

Watch the making-of video below!''

Video in the link sorry I can't post it.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600137wpp/watch-shin-hye-sun-takes-the-lead-in-her-kiss-scene-with-ahn-bo-hyun-on-set-of-see-you-in-my-19th-life

Hey chingus!  :fullofhearts:

barbie logo glitter for Sale OFF 75%

Hey Barbie, Let's Party! 

Let's take a walk down the memory lane with Barbie with our new event.  Share your memories associated with Barbie and don't forget to tell us which actor and actress would be the most suitable for a Korean version of the Barbie movie? 

re: Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team 

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

Here are the ratings for Episode 9 :).

“Durian’s Affair” Ratings Hit New All-Time High + “King The Land” Kicks Off 2nd Half In Double Digits

“Durian’s Affair” Ratings Hit New All-Time High + “King The Land” Kicks Off 2nd Half In Double Digits

tvN’s “See You in My 19th Life” held steady with an average nationwide rating of 4.5 percent for its latest episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600845wpp/durians-affair-ratings-hit-new-all-time-high-king-the-land-kicks-off-2nd-half-in-double-digits

Spoiler

Shin Hye Sun And Ahn Bo Hyun Spend The Night Together In “See You In My 19th Life”

Shin Hye Sun And Ahn Bo Hyun Spend The Night Together In “See You In My 19th Life”

tvN’s “See You in My 19th Life” has shared a sneak peek of the sizzling chemistry between its leads!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, tvN’s “See You in My 19th Life” is a fantasy romance drama starring Shin Hye Sun as Ban Ji Eum, a woman who has been repeatedly reincarnated for nearly a thousand years and remembers all of her past lives. After her 18th life is tragically cut short, Ban Ji Eum decides that in her 19th life, she will do everything she can to find a man named Moon Seo Ha (Ahn Bo Hyun) that she met in her 18th life.

Spoilers

Previously on “See You in My 19th Life,” Moon Seo Ha and Ban Ji Eum made viewers’ hearts flutter as they kept their promise from her past life by romantically reuniting in front of the merry-go-round.

After reaffirming their feelings for one another, the smitten couple winds up spending the night together during a date that spans two days and one night in the drama’s upcoming episode. Whether sharing a passionate kiss in bed or gazing adoringly into one another’s eyes with sweet smiles, the two simply can’t take their eyes off each other.

Ahn-Bo-Hyun-Shin-Hye-Sun-4.jpegAhn-Bo-Hyun-2.jpegShin-Hye-Sun-4.jpeg

Spoiler

Ahn-Bo-Hyun-Shin-Hye-Sun-2-2.jpegShin-Hye-Sun-Ahn-Bo-Hyun-3.jpeg

Even when they’re outside, Moon Seo Ha and Ban Ji Eum can’t stop themselves from happily embracing each other or making public displays of affection, regardless of the time or place.

Spoiler

Shin-Hye-Sun-2-2.jpeg

The next episode of “See You in My 19th Life” will air on July 16 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600848wpp/shin-hye-sun-and-ahn-bo-hyun-spend-the-night-together-in-see-you-in-my-19th-life

Here are the ratings for Episode 10 :).

“King The Land” Is Most-Watched Miniseries Of Sunday As “Durian’s Affair” Wraps Up 1st Half On New Ratings High

“King The Land” Is Most-Watched Miniseries Of Sunday As “Durian’s Affair” Wraps Up 1st Half On New Ratings High

tvN’s “See You in My 19th Life,” which has just two episodes left in its run, dipped slightly to a nationwide average of 4.4 percent ahead of its final week.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600975wpp/king-the-land-is-most-watched-miniseries-of-sunday-as-durians-affair-wraps-up-1st-half-on-new-ratings-high

On 7/4/2023 at 8:00 AM, partyon said:

Anybody watching this drama or did you all already drop it - seeing that there are no recent comments on this thread? :D  I just started on ep 1.

@sadthe1st @agenth @backstreetboysfan @Ameera Ali @confusedheart @ferily @Photo Photo @rocher22 @Tigger @Latte_Anyday

I am still watching just to see how it goes but I don't really find it that interesting or enjoying the romance. I am actually skipping most of it lol.

I feel like most threads of drama I am watching are dead so I just watch silently.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 11 :).

“Revenant” And “Durian’s Affair” Earn Their Highest Saturday Ratings Yet; “See You In My 19th Life” Dips To All-Time Low

“Revenant” And “Durian’s Affair” Earn Their Highest Saturday Ratings Yet; “See You In My 19th Life” Dips To All-Time Low

The battle for weekend drama ratings remains as fierce as ever!

Meanwhile, tvN’s “See You in My 19th Life” dipped to its lowest ratings yet ahead of its series finale. The penultimate episode of the fantasy romance scored an average nationwide rating of 3.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602350wpp/revenant-and-durians-affair-earn-their-highest-saturday-ratings-yet-see-you-in-my-19th-life-dips-to-all-time-low

Spoiler

“See You In My 19th Life” Stars Say Goodbye + Pick Most Memorable Scenes Ahead Of Tonight’s Finale

“See You In My 19th Life” Stars Say Goodbye + Pick Most Memorable Scenes Ahead Of Tonight’s Finale

With tvN’s “See You in My 19th Life” winding to a close, the stars of the drama shared their thoughts ahead of tonight’s finale!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, tvN’s “See You in My 19th Life” is a fantasy romance drama starring Shin Hye Sun as Ban Ji Eum, a woman who has been repeatedly reincarnated for nearly a thousand years and remembers all of her past lives. After her 18th life is tragically cut short, Ban Ji Eum decides that in her 19th life, she will do everything she can to find a man named Moon Seo Ha (Ahn Bo Hyun) that she met in her 18th life.

Looking back on her time filming the drama, Shin Hye Sun commented, “It was a time that you could call either long or short, depending on how you look at it. It felt like time passed very quickly, and it’s bittersweet that the drama has already ended like this.”

As for what scene from “See You in My 19th Life” stands out the most in her memory, Shin Hye Sun teasingly replied, “The final scene.”

Shin-Hye-Sun-5.jpeg

Ahn Bo Hyun remarked, “We’ve wrapped up a long, eight-month journey. The cast, crew, and director Lee Na Jeong all worked really hard, and I’d like to sincerely thank both the viewers and the fans of the original webtoon.”

He also fondly said goodbye to his character Moon Seo Ha, adding, “Now, I’ll let Seo Ha go as well. Seo Ha, goodbye, and be happy.”

When asked what he considered the most memorable scene from the drama, Ahn Bo Hyun replied, “There were more underwater scenes than I’d expected, but they came out looking very dreamy in the drama, so I remember those in particular. I think the scene that left the biggest impression on me was the amusement park scene where Ban Ji Eum and Moon Seo Ha reunite.”

Ahn-Bo-Hyun-4.jpeg

Ha Yun Kyung, who played the role of Yoon Cho Won, expressed her disbelief that the drama was already ending.

“It still doesn’t feel real, and I keep thinking I’ll be heading to the set again tomorrow,” said the actress. “I can’t believe it’s already the final episode.”

Ha-Yun-Kyung-2.jpeg

Finally, Ahn Dong Gu got emotional as he shared, “I’m sad and disappointed that I won’t be able to see the rest of the cast and crew from now on. I’ve laughed so much, had so much fun, and filmed so happily, and I think I’ll definitely look back on this time we spent together in the future as well.”

Spoiler

Ahn-Dong-Gu.jpeg

The final episode of “See You in My 19th Life” will air on July 23 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602361wpp/see-you-in-my-19th-life-stars-say-goodbye-pick-most-memorable-scenes-ahead-of-tonights-finale

• Like 1

Spoiler

Ahn Bo Hyun And Shin Hye Sun Lean In Close For An Affectionate Kiss In “See You In My 19th Life”

Ahn Bo Hyun And Shin Hye Sun Lean In Close For An Affectionate Kiss In “See You In My 19th Life”

tvN’s “See You in My 19th Life” has unveiled romantic stills ahead of its finale!

Spoilers

In the previous broadcast, everything about Ban Ji Eum’s first live was revealed, and viewers were shocked to learn that remembering her past life is a curse she had placed on herself. In Ban Ji Eum’s first life as Su (Shin Hye Sun), she ran away after stealing the shrine’s bells, but while trying to run away, Cheon Un (Lee Chae Min) killed Su’s sister Seol (Ha Yun Kyung).

Furthermore, Han Ya (Ahn Bo Hyun) was pierced with the dagger Su took out to kill Cheon Un, and Su was also hit by an arrow shot by Cheon Un’s guard, causing Su to pass away. Before parting the world, Su grabbed on to the shrine’s bells and resolved to remember her resentment for years to come in order to get revenge.

The newly released stills depict Ban Ji Eum grabbing the bells with the determination to recall everything about her first life. Moon Seo Ha grabs tightly to Ban Ji Eum’s hand while staying by her side, the warmth evident in his gaze as he looks at Ban Ji Eum. Finally, another still shows Ban Ji Eum reciprocating Moon Seo Ha’s affections by promising unchanging love through an affectionate kiss.

shin-hye-sun-1-.jpegahn-bo-hyun-shin-hye-sun-5.jpegahn-bo-hyun-shin-hye-sun-6.jpeg

As Ban Ji Eum stands at a crossroads, viewers are curious to find out if she will be able to save Kim Ae Gyeong (Cha Chung Hwa) and protect the relationships she treasures from her past life to finally end her curse and achieve a happy ending.

The final episode of “See You in My 19th Life” will air on July 23 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602393wpp/ahn-bo-hyun-and-shin-hye-sun-lean-in-close-for-an-affectionate-kiss-in-see-you-in-my-19th-life