Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Watching Jumong. yup, i confess to discovering Song Il Kook only through TROS. but i am glad i did. The man is a gem. I am on ep 15 and I can't stop. 

and yes, i love the triplets too. I love them all equally. i hope at least one of them follows SIK's footsteps as an actor. 

@klent - enjoy Jumong! You'll never stop until 81st episode and you'll be sorry it's over - and so you'll watch it again and again! (I heard the all-time record is 17 visions, but who knows... maybe this record is outdated! Lol! )

427127_250838568333685_1907146774_n.jpg?

And of course, after watching Jumong, Kingdom of the Wind/Land of Wind is a must see :)

6960_468040286613511_12578663_n.jpg?oh=3

And a real and rare diamond is Haeshin / Emperor of the Sea, where SIK is the villain character Yeom Moon 

403337_242893205794888_793427736_n.jpg?o

Enjoy!

Have a great week, dear SIKers!

Love you!

• Like 8

Lesson 101: How to eat pasta

The boys were paying attention with daddy SIK. And so serious! 

i thought that triplets didn't pay attention to SIK appa on how to eat pasta, but was saying to themselves "when will appa eat it first so i can eat my food".. LOL :D

Just want to share this article I found, many of it features Song Il Kook's parenting skills. He really is the best superman. 

I will only paste part of it since it's unethical to cut and paste the whole article. 

20 Parenting Lessons We Need to Learn from Return of Superman

#13- Scold in private

People hate being humiliated. People hate being humiliated in public even more. Children are people and you need to realize that they have pride just like older people. If you want to call them out on something or discipline them, do it in private. It makes them realize just how much you respect them and will also teach them how to respect other people.

Whenever Song Il Kook scolds one of his triplets, he isolates them from the other two. Even if they are family and still young, they still need to be respected even through punishments.

LESSONS

Just because children do something bad doesn't make it acceptable to humiliate them.

#15- They need space

One of the most memorable moments of the triplets is their hike in Jejudo. They went to hike the Yongnuni Oreum volcano with Uhm Taewoong and Ji-on. When the wind started becoming strong, Taewoon and Ji-on decided to go back and wait for the Song family in their car.

On the other hand, Daehan started walking ahead of everyone. When his father asked him to wait for them, he said he wanted to go far ahead and he did. He reached the peak ahead of everyone and spent time alone. Who know what he is thinking but his father realized that his kids are starting to develop their own interest, starting to yearn for some time away from the comfort of his protection and he needs to let them be.

LESSON

Let them explore things on their own even if it makes you feel uncomfortable. As long as you know they are safe, give them the space they need to discover who they are. They can only reveal to you what they know about themselves.

#18 Experience new things together

You will grow with your children so try to explore the world with your children. As you travel with your kid and go through new experiences, you will become friends which will come in handy when they finally live out their lives on their own. You will not always be needed and that might create some distance between you and your kid. When you become a friend to them, no matter how independent they become, you will always be their friend.

LESSON

Parents don't stop being parents but children do move on and develop a sense of independence. If you want to remain relevant, do things with them that they will only normally do with their friends. You will know them better and you will always be a companion they will want to spend time with forever

#19- Stand Your Ground Even in Public Places

Parents give in to their children when they throw tantrums in public simply because the parent doesn't want to be embarassed. Well, you need to treat it as a collateral damage. Giving in to your kid when they throw tantrums in public places make them realize that if they want something bad, all they have to do is throw tantrums in public places.

stand your ground and go through the embrassment once to make them realize that no means no, regardless of where you are.

LESSON

You just have to be firm not only when it is easy BUT ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS HARD.

SOURCE: http://xypherfarrell.hubpages.com/hub/20-Lessons-Parenting-Lessons-We-Need-to-Learn-from-Return-of-Superman-1-10

The comedy side of our dear SIK. So cute! :wub:

speaking of which, has he ever done comedy in movies or TV?

• Like 9

@klent

Yes. You should try his movie  "The Art of Seduction" (2005). I'm sure you'll have fun. The character he played in  "Fermentation Family" (2012),  the drama he made right before his kids were born, is also partly comic. The ex-gangster Ki  Ho-Tae is often very funny  and gets involved in a lot of funny situations.

And, klent, thank you for the article  20 Parenting Lessons We Need to Learn from Return of Superman. Very interesting.

Edited by celiap
  • Like 7

@klent

Yes. You should try his movie  "The Art of Seduction" (2005). I'm sure you'll have fun. The character he played in  "Fermentation Family" (2012),  the drama he made right before his kids were born, is also partly comic. The ex-gangster Ki  Ho-Tae is often very funny  and gets involved in a lot of funny situations.

And, klent, thank you for the article  20 Parenting Lessons We Need to Learn from Return of Superman. Very interesting.

Thank you. I'll start on it after Jumong. 

• Like 3

Minguk Melts Song Il Kook With Morning Aegyo on “Superman Returns”

Minguk Melts Song Il Gook With Morning Aegyo on “Superman Returns”

The July 26 episode of “Superman Returns” features Song Il Kook and his triplets on a camping trip.

As soon as Minguk opens his eyes, he looks for his brothers Manse and Daehan, and the three find their father preparing for breakfast. Minguk, not completely awake, shows some serious aegyo to his father by saying, “I want to rest in your arms,” to which Song Il Kook responds, “Wait just a few more moments, I will hug you until you’re tired of it,” showing off their strong father-son bond.

Song Il Kook also says “I have a whopping three bunnies,” while peeling carrots, followed by kisses to all three triplets.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/27/minguk-melts-song-il-gook-with-morning-aegyo-on-superman-returns/

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 7

Good morning SIKers, start the day with a little amusement from this photo, Song appa with the pretty Daesukie looking at the handsome Daehanie...:wub:

n2h5P0b.jpg

Source: DC

P/S: Does anybody has the same feeling as me that Daehanie (or Daesukie) looks like Mingukie in the left photo?

• Like 6

Saw this piece of news a moment ago, Song appa has confirmed taking up two challenges - new drama & ROS. :D

kSLD8Sd.jpg

Source: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=754867

Luckily this piece of news is also published in another website (allthatstar) in where there is availability of Chinese version, it is confirmed!

http://www.allthatstar.com/tw/view.php?action=5207&postID=118410&rtn_sns=fa

Love you SIK! I can continue seeing you and the triplets and my lovely Daehanie! :wub:

Nsin8zm.gif

• Like 7

Song Il Kook Confirmed for New Historical KBS Drama

Song Il Gook Confirmed for New Historical KBS Drama

Actor Song Il Kook has finally been confirmed to star in the drama that he has been attached to for some time now, KBS’ upcoming historical drama “Jang Young Sil” (working title), after much speculation and anxiety because of the possibility of him dropping “Superman Returns.”

Song Il Kook and his beloved triplets are currently appearing on “Superman Returns,” and the concern has been that they would have to drop out if Song Il Kook decides to do the drama because of scheduling conflicts. But rest assured, fellow fans. The Song family plans to stay, according to reports.

Jang Young Sil is expected to start airing on KBS in January 2016 and will run for 24 episodes. Song Il Kook will take on the titular role of Jang Young Sil who was a scientist and astronomer during the Joseon Dynasty.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/27/song-il-gook-confirmed-for-new-historical-kbs-drama/

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 15

So happy he will be in a new drama... Something to certainly look forward to in 2016

@badsmuler, thank you for your warm welcome, sister.

Song Il Kook decides to take on upcoming KBS historical drama, but what about 'Superman Is Back'?

Photo published for Song Il Kook decides to take on upcoming KBS historical drama, but...

The decision has been made! After careful consideration, actor Song Il Kook has decided to take on the lead role in upcoming KBS historical drama 'Jang Yeong Sil'!

As mentioned before, although many were eager to see the actor return to acting, they also were not ready to see him and his adorable triplets leave the beloved KBS variety show 'Superman Is Back'. It was thought that because of the rigorous filming schedule that dramas normally call for, the actor would not be able to juggle both the variety show and his new production, meaning he'd have to make a choice. 

The actor had been deliberating the matter for a while, and now he has made up his mind. So, does this mean he's leaving the variety show? Apparently he won't! We don't know how he'll manage but he has decided to continue his appearance on the variety show and film for the drama as well! It's presumed that KBS will be doing their best to adjust the filming schedules of both shows to accommodate the actor.

So 'Superman Is Back' fans, let out a sigh of relief! You'll still get to see those adorable triplets on TV every Sunday!

As for the drama 'Jang Yeong Sil', it will be a historical science drama, the first of its kind for KBS. It'll depict the story of a man of low birth, who would have led a life of being a slave, but unexpectedly ends up in the palace as a genius scientist during the Chosun dynasty. 

It's scheduled to broadcast starting January of next year!

Source

• Like 12

Song Il-gook to star in ‘Jang Yeong-sil’

Korea’s top actor Song Il-gook is set to star in upcoming KBS historical drama “Jang Yeong-sil,” according to KBS Tuesday.

The drama unfolds the story of Korea’s historic figure Jang Yeong-sil, who was a talented scientist and astronomer during the Joseon Dynasty. Born as a slave, Jang conquers the rigid caste system based on Confucianism, while advancing the country’s science and technology in spades. Also, the scientist is well-known for his numerous inventions ranging from the world’s first rain gauge to Korea’s first water clock.

Having shown strong performances earlier, the anticipation of fans has risen.

The drama will be aired from next January, following ongoing TV series “Jingbirok.” Song will not, however, drop off from the reality show “Superman is Back,” in which he features with his triplet sons.

Source

• Like 12

Saw this piece of news a moment ago, Song appa has confirmed taking up two challenges - new drama & ROS. :D

Luckily this piece of news is also published in another website (allthatstar) in where there is availability of Chinese version, it is confirmed!

Hooray!!! So glad that we'll be seeing uri Songie both in a drama and a variety. Let's party!!!:lol:

• Like 8

Hooray!!! So glad that we'll be seeing uri Songie both in a drama and a variety. Let's party!!!:lol:

I don't know why i'm so excited about this. I'm just a new fan. LOL 

• Like 7