[Drama 2022] Reborn Rich / 재벌집 막내아들

Maetawinz

3 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Thanks for the info let's see how the show deals with it or if they change anything.

HW was just a scapegoat.. they used and disposed him to hide a corruption case. In the novel it was ordered by

Spoiler

the actual president of Sunyang (the eldest son of the grandfather,the HEIR's father). In his new life will beat every member of the family who try face him... inclusive the grandmother

• Like 2

1 minute ago, andy78 said:

HW was just a scapegoat.. they used and disposed him to hide a corruption case. In the novel it was ordered by

Hide contents

the actual president of Sunyang (the oldest son of the grandfather). In his new life will beat every member of the family who try face him... inclusive the grandmother

That is wow okay, I thought there was more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

Who is HW?

Yoon Hyun Woo who dies after being framed for embezzlement by the Sunyang Group family that he had remained loyal to. He is reborn as the family’s youngest son Jin Do Joon and works to take over the company as revenge.We sometimes use DJ -for DO Joon ,HW-for Hyun Woo.I hope that helpped you...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, andy78 said:

Yoon Hyun Woo who dies after being framed for embezzlement by the Sunyang Group family that he had remained loyal to. He is reborn as the family’s youngest son Jin Do Joon and works to take over the company as revenge.We sometimes use DJ -for DO Joon ,HW-for Hyun Woo.I hope that helpped you...

@andy78  That is very clear.  That Hyun Woo was Framed.  I thought it was Jin Yang Cheol's only daughter who had him killed.  Bcos she had the Financial Director with her.  And this FD knew abt the Slush Fund.  So the Culprit is the Eldest Son all the while?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

@hush puppy that happens in the novel...we don't know what will happen in the drama...so could be anyone  Yang Cheol's only daughter ,the other greedy son...Dojoon and the young prosecutor lady had a romantic moment...Hyun Woo realised that there is more about her fight to bring down Sunyang Group  and yes i think is HIM...She thinks he was killed...her 40 years version looks sad and her clothes are black...like she is in mourning...

We don't know how DJ looks like. Definitely not HW's face or his mum wpuld recognise him.

During HW's time, DJ was alive,  only dying when HW was almost dead. His mothet had the scene wherw she came in with her shares and she wanted to know what happened to her son. 

But I am curious how there was DJ, and  HW was alive since his mum had two sons.  We knew HW died so DJ would have also died at the samw moment for the switch to take place. However, the family were in a car when HW became DJ. No death.   Curioser and curioser.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, maribella said:

We don't know how DJ looks like. Definitely not HW's face

i agree...we have a new man with HW soul and memories,life experience of a 40 years man...

DJ is the bachelor you want to marry - smart (SNU), handsome (mom's a pretty actress), rich (heir of Sunyang).

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

i agree...we have a new man with HW soul and memories,life experience of a 40 years man...

DJ is the bachelor you want to marry - smart (SNU), handsome (mom's a pretty actress), rich (heir of Sunyang).

I am curious what happened to DJ's 'soul'.  He was in the car with the family. Still a child. HW got his body. Him?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

We knew HW died so DJ would have also died at the samw moment for the switch to take place. However, the family were in a car when HW became DJ. No death.   Curioser and curioser.

I dont know how they'll do it in the story, but I dont think there needs to be a switch. HW and DJ have the same souls just existing in different timelines. This is an alternative reincarnation theory: 

• Like 1

The ending in the novel :

Spoiler

He go to the place where he die in previous life. It is the life that no one know and never existed.Do joon is with group of security personals. But he ask them to step back to be alone in his though.He  used to have nightmare with bullet and dying scene in his past life. But it's already gone long time ago.He is not sure if his revenge end when that nightmare stop or when occupying all Sunyang Group.But he  will let go of his past here because he is now Jin Dojun.

For me  ending scene in the  is super short...where is the side story? Where is the conclusion of his life ?I felt like we did not get the answer...

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I am curious what happened to DJ's 'soul'.  He was in the car with the family. Still a child. HW got his body. Him?

in the novel

Spoiler

we did not get the answer..

let's hope we will get one in the drama

Grandad is a very interesting character in the novel he

Spoiler

has both evil side and soft side. He will not be enemy but more like rival in a friendly way since Miracle Investment is not part of Sunyang.

3 hours ago, aria26 said:

souls just existing in different timelines. This is an alternative reincarnation theory: 

I had read enough comics that I can accept alternative universe and in this some kind of new concept 'beings'. 
Nevertheless, the reincarnation started at the birth of a baby. New body is completely owned by thr old soul. 
HW took over the body of a 10 years' old boy.  If the concept of all is one and one is all, HW will merge with DJ, but the memories will not be of the 40 years' old guy but a new person.

let's hope we will get one in the drama

Yes I do hope so. I hate halfcock application of a wellknown concept.

He go to the place where he die in previous life. It is the life that no one know and never existed.Do joon is with group of security personals

As if HW never existed? It means that the universe had changed at some point in his reincarnation so that not only his life story changes so do others. Too immense for me. :smile:

They should have placed DJ in a coma then HW takes over the body and DJ  dies, a real death. 

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Reborn Rich” To Not Air Today

JTBC’s hit drama “Reborn Rich” will be taking the night off.

Due to South Korea’s upcoming World Cup match against Portugal, “Reborn Rich” will not be airing a new episode on December 2.

While the drama usually airs on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 10:30 p.m. KST, “Reborn Rich” will be airing a rerun on Friday before returning with its next episode on Saturday, December 3.

JTBC commented, “We decided to take a break due to the schedule of the global sporting event to which the nation is paying close attention.”

After airing Episodes 7 and 8 on December 3 and 4, “Reborn Rich” will return to its usual three-episodes-a-week broadcast schedule for Episodes 9 through 14. The drama will then air its final two episodes on Saturday, December 24 and Sunday, December 25.

“Reborn Rich” To Not Air Today | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Exclusive Interview: Song Joong Ki Talks About His “Reborn Rich” Characters, Chemistry With Co-Stars, And More

Song Joong Ki has taken time for an exclusive interview with Soompi!

Ahead of the recent premiere of “Reborn Rich,” the actor sat down to share insight into the drama, what he is like as an actor, and more.

Check out his responses below:

In this drama, you had to play dual roles. How did you express the difference between the two characters Yoon Hyun Woo and Jin Do Joon? What was the most difficult aspect about playing these characters?

While preparing for “Reborn Rich,” I placed a lot of importance on physical appearance. When expressing the character Yoon Hyun Woo, I wore glasses for the first time in a drama, and when I was portraying Jin Do Joon, I prepared a lot of props and outfits that college students would have actually worn and used at that time. At first, I also thought it was one person playing two roles, but because of the fact that Yoon Hyun Woo entered into Jin Do Joon’s body, I came to the conclusion that I am playing one character. Afterwards, I could navigate [the drama] and act more comfortably.

If you were to be born again like in the drama, what kind of life would you want to live other than being an actor? Also, if you were to go back to the past, what age would you want to go back to?

It is hard to imagine anything else other than being an actor. If I could go back in time, I would like to go back to my freshman year of university.

How similar are you to Yoon Hyun Woo?

I think about 60 to 70 percent. I feel we are alike because I have somewhat cold and nonchalant sides within me, but the difference is that I laugh a lot while Yoon Hyun Woo doesn’t.

song-joong-ki-768x512.jpeg

When starting a new project, do you have any special way of becoming closer to the other actors?

I think I tend to show my candid side. I think the most important thing is having conversations, and I try to find common interests while having meals or working out together.

The billiards match with Jin Yang Chul (Lee Sung Min) in one of the teasers was quite memorable. How was your chemistry with actor Lee Sung Min?

I had very natural chemistry with Lee Sung Min. He often put me first and was very considerate of me, so we could match each other’s acting even without elaborate conversations. I was very much looking forward to working with him, and it was indeed a great experience.

Viewers are curious about the relationship between your character and Shin Hyun Been‘s character which has yet to be unveiled (at the time the interview took place). How was your chemistry with Shin Hyun Been?

I met actress Shin Hyun Been for the first time through this project. Shin Hyun Been has a very wide perspective, and she has an instinctive nature to be considerate of others. She helped me a lot, and our chemistry was great.

shin-hyun-been-song-joong-ki-768x512.jpe

There have been a lot of dramas with the theme of revenge. What makes “Reborn Rich” special?

I think it’s a bit more interesting because it’s revenge that makes you think more about the process and self-reflect rather than revenge where the outcome is important.

What do you consider the most when choosing a project?

I think it is the project’s narrative. I tend to think the direction of how the story flows is the most important. I try to select projects that are interesting and worth watching for viewers.

What do you look forward to the most as an actor when starting a new project?

It would be the people I work with. I look most forward to creating the project together with new people including actors and staff members.

Spoiler

reborn-rich-768x512.png

Please share a memorable event or the most interesting thing that occurred while filming!

The K-drama fans I met while filming in Turkey left the greatest impression on me. I was very surprised that the Turkish fans who came to watch have seen so many Korean dramas and that they even remember the details. I could feel that they love K-dramas a lot, so I don’t think I’ll ever forget that.

Please give a shout out to global fans who will be watching “Reborn Rich” through Soompi and Viki!

Hello! The narrative of “Reborn Rich” progresses as it introduces events that actually happened in Korean society since the 1980s. These incidents may be unfamiliar to global fans, but I think it will be more helpful and entertaining if you search about them on the Internet while watching the drama together. Please enjoy!

Spoiler

221125_Reborn-Rich_Stills-2_166961849553

Exclusive Interview: Song Joong Ki Talks About His “Reborn Rich” Characters, Chemistry With Co-Stars, And More | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Song Joong Ki And Girls’ Generation’s Tiffany Face An Unexpected Crisis In “Reborn Rich”

JTBC’s “Reborn Rich” has shared an intriguing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

“Reborn Rich” is a new JTBC fantasy drama starring Song Joong Ki as Yoon Hyun Woo, a loyal secretary to a chaebol family. When he dies after being framed for embezzlement by the very family that he had faithfully served, he is reborn as the family’s youngest son Jin Do Joon, and he plots to take over the company in order to exact revenge.

Spoilers

Previously on “Reborn Rich,” Jin Do Joon was devastated after losing his mother from his original life for the second time. The shocking knowledge that Jin Yang Chul (Lee Sung Min)’s greed and corruption led to her death made him more determined than ever to take his revenge.

Pulling the strings from behind the veil of his investment company Miracle, Jin Do Joon threw his support behind his uncle Choi Chang Je (Kim Do Hyun) and helped him successfully run for mayor. With the mayor of Seoul now in his corner, Jin Do Joon managed to beat out Soonyang Group and win the highly-coveted rights to oversee the development of the Sangam neighborhood. The episode ended on a major cliffhanger, with Jin Do Joon boldly revealing to his grandfather that he was Miracle’s majority shareholder.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, the battle between Miracle and Soonyang grows fiercer than ever. However, while Jin Yang Chul and Jin Sung Joon (Kim Nam Hee) seem to be happily celebrating a welcome new development, the atmosphere at Miracle is visibly darker. Jin Do Joon looks worried as he pores over a map, and the matching expressions on Oh Se Hyun (Park Hyuk Kwon) and Rachel (Girls’ Generation’s Tiffany)’s faces suggest that not everything is going according to plan.

The contrasting vibes on the two sides of the battle raise the question of what kind of attack Jin Yang Chul has made—and what strategy Jin Do Joon will come up with in the face of the ensuing crisis.

Lee-Sung-Min-1536x1024.jpg

Kim-Nam-Hee-1536x1024.jpg

Spoiler

Song-Joong-Ki-Park-Kyuk-Kwon-1536x1024.j

Park-Hyuk-Kwon-1536x1024.jpg

Tiffany-1536x1024.jpg

The producers of “Reborn Rich” teased, “In Episode 7, Jin Yang Chul will set out to play a revenge match with his eldest grandson Jin Sung Joon by his side. The new side of the ‘Soonyang Republic’ that surfaces during this process will make Jin Do Joon feel a sense of crisis.”

“Please keep an eye on what kind of method—and whose help—Jin Do Joon uses to fight his way through this adversity.”

The next episode of “Reborn Rich” will air on December 3 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Song Joong Ki And Girls’ Generation’s Tiffany Face An Unexpected Crisis In “Reborn Rich” | Soompi

• Like 1