Jump to content

[Drama 2021] Taxi Driver, 모범택시


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, ryanallright said:

huh wth

I'm really curious as to what those disagreements were that it lead him to resign, from an interview with the pd I thought they were pretty sure where the story was heading because he was saying the show will end

Spoiler

on a happy note

but it probably was about something happening inbetween. Did anyone feel major differences between the first episodes 1-10 and 11&12?

5 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Yes, even though she was the female lead, it doesnt feel as if she is... perhaps there is just so many things that went on the drama, hence Go Eun became the female focus and viewers perception that she overshadowed Esom.

Yeah. I completely understand why they added her character but idk if it was necessary to make her the female lead seeing how little impact she had for the majority of the show and the screentime she had, it's kinda hard to justify her position as the female lead. I also feel like out of the main characters she is the one we get to know the least/see different sides of, we know the past of the other three and how they ended up where they are, we get to see more casual interactions between them and in general their characters just seem to have more 'detail' to them.

 

I liked the voice phishing plot, I thought it was hilarious and I absolutely loved Dogi's disguise. I also liked the message and awareness it brought with it with how the victim often gets blamed when it's the perpetrator that should be instead, the message they gave in the end warning people and portraying in what way the police is limited regarding those cases.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad that it is back

Drama: Taxi Driver,  모범택시     Profile Drama: Taxi Driver / Deluxe Taxi (literal title) Hangul: 모범택시 Director: Park Joon-Woo Writer: Carlos (webcomic), Lee Jae-J

https://zapzee.net/2021/07/07/taxi-driver-will-be-back-next-year-with-season-2/ ‘Taxi Driver’ Will Be Back Next Year with Season 2 by Kim Da In Credit: SBS On the 6th, according t

58 minutes ago, Haeun said:

I'm really curious as to what those disagreements were that it lead him to resign, from an interview with the pd I thought they were pretty sure where the story was heading because he was saying the show will end

  Reveal hidden contents

on a happy note

but it probably was about something happening inbetween. Did anyone feel major differences between the first episodes 1-10 and 11&12?

 

You can read director's interview about this here ,thanks to @hoonisthaein 

And the difference is huge to me, in 11 and 12 Ha Na finally became the big part in the story. The director said that it was planned for the second half to be lead by Ha Na and Do Ki.So maybe that was the point of changing the writer because the first one didn't quite satisfy director at that point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Haeun said:

 

I liked the voice phishing plot, I thought it was hilarious and I absolutely loved Dogi's disguise. I also liked the message and awareness it brought with it with how the victim often gets blamed when it's the perpetrator that should be instead, the message they gave in the end warning people and portraying in what way the police is limited regarding those cases.

 

I agree that the Phishing issue is importsnt crime globally but i had hope for a better plot maybe or maybe im just irritated with the big teeth ajumma... hhhhaa and to see Dogi's acting to like* her... my toes curled at it. Yes i know its just acting.. but still.. hahhha

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally caught up with Taxi Driver!

 

A pivotal couple of episodes, the turning point, where Prosecutor Kang turns "dark". She always knew how things are stacked against justice. Law is not about justice, truly. It's not there for "fairness". However, now as she got a personal loss, she decided to opt in for revenge. 

 

But still, once she has done her grief, I wonder, if she can turn a blind eye to everything she saw, they did break laws. 

 

That Madam is a pretty good actress, acting all shocked about the organ trafficking ring under her nose and fooling everyone. Lol that evil witch laughter at the end :D  I like her as a villain !

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, agenth said:

That Madam is a pretty good actress, acting all shocked about the organ trafficking ring under her nose and fooling everyone. Lol that evil witch laughter at the end :D  I like her as a villain !

I love her, she is an entertaining villain and the actress has so much charisma. I laughed along with her lol.

  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 2:36 PM, Haeun said:

I love her, she is an entertaining villain and the actress has so much charisma. I laughed along with her lol.

 

Same and tbh she spices up the plot a lot, considering that the little cases did not have an overall arch, which it now develops as this alliance between Rainbow and organtrafficking breaks apart, and Rainbow feels guilt for what has transpired due to their association. 

 

This could be the reason that Prosecutor gets involved more than her personal revenge wish with the team.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, agenth said:

This could be the reason that Prosecutor gets involved more than her personal revenge wish with the team.

I feel like she changed her views too quickly condemning them one episode and then taking their services so easily the very next. I think it would've been better if she slowly changed her mind over the course of the show and maybe ended up working with them seeing how much more efficient they are and out of furstration by how limited she is by the law and her superiors. I also feel like they didn't do a good job of showing her relationship with Mr Wang which in turn didn't make her loss that emotional to me, makes me wonder if this had anything to do with the writers disagreement.

  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Haeun said:

I feel like she changed her views too quickly condemning them one episode and then taking their services so easily the very next. I think it would've been better if she slowly changed her mind over the course of the show and ended up working with them seeing how much more efficient they are and out of furstration by how limited she is by the law and her superiors. I also feel like they didn't do a good job of showing her relationship with Mr Wang which in turn didn't make her loss that emotional to me, makes me wonder if this had anything to do with the writers disagreement.

I agree which is why I am hesitant if she is actually on board. Maybe this is her “scheming”, trying to catch them? 
 

Although I suppose it’s more likely she did change her view due to her loss, though it was strange for her to sit in the taxi she was actually hunting down lol. 

 

i didn’t even know about the writer change, though that may explain the abrupt change of mind? 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, agenth said:

I agree which is why I am hesitant if she is actually on board. Maybe this is her “scheming”, trying to catch them? 
 

Although I suppose it’s more likely she did change her view due to her loss, though it was strange for her to sit in the taxi she was actually hunting down lol. 

 

i didn’t even know about the writer change, though that may explain the abrupt change of mind? 

 

 

I don't think that's the case but it could've been very well her plan to get more information on them which is why I also think that the team accepted her case too easily considering just not long ago she was investigating them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Haeun said:

I feel like she changed her views too quickly condemning them one episode and then taking their services so easily the very next. I think it would've been better if she slowly changed her mind over the course of the show and maybe ended up working with them seeing how much more efficient they are and out of furstration by how limited she is by the law and her superiors. I also feel like they didn't do a good job of showing her relationship with Mr Wang which in turn didn't make her loss that emotional to me, makes me wonder if this had anything to do with the writers disagreement.

 

It was already hinted in the very beginning that Prosecutor Kang mindset is similar to Taxi's team especially Do Ki. She mentioned multiple times that if she were the victim family she would seek revenge and Mr Wang is someone who constantly keeping her off her temper lol.

That's why I find it weird that she was suddenly so obsessed with stalking the taxi team and insist on "criminal rights".

 

Also there is this weird changing of hairstyle (from wavy hair to straight hair) that is not hinted by any event or noticed by anyone in the show. Usually a change in hairstyle for female lead indicate some sort of event or incident or change of heart, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

 

It was already hinted in the very beginning that Prosecutor Kang mindset is similar to Taxi's team especially Do Ki. She mentioned multiple times that if she were the victim family she would seek revenge and Mr Wang is someone who constantly keeping her off her temper lol.

That's why I find it weird that she was suddenly so obsessed with stalking the taxi team and insist on "criminal rights".

 

I just didn't like the immediate change towards the taxi team, one episode ago she was up in Dogi's face saying how they are no different from those criminals and was going after them without showing any understanding. That's why imo a slow progress of her siding with them would've been better which could have been tied in with her own frustration of being limited by the law and then use Mr Wangs death as the final straw, that would've been a more smooth transition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Haeun said:

I just didn't like the immediate change towards the taxi team, one episode ago she was up in Dogi's face saying how they are no different from those criminals and was going after them without showing any understanding. That's why imo a slow progress of her siding with them would've been better which could have been tied in with her own frustration of being limited by the law and then use Mr Wangs death as the final straw, that would've been a more smooth transition.

That's why the second writer came into the light for the 11-16 episodes. Cause the first one was not good with putting Ha Na into the story, I'm not gonna lie,she is my favourite character here,but to me it seems like the first writer didn't quite know what he wants from Ha Na in this story. The second one just had to pull the trigger fast and I think he did a good job from what he got. And also the first one had many loose ends in the story overall.

3 hours ago, kaqueski said:

 

 

 

Also there is this weird changing of hairstyle (from wavy hair to straight hair) that is not hinted by any event or noticed by anyone in the show. Usually a change in hairstyle for female lead indicate some sort of event or incident or change of heart, etc. 

Lol,she got in car accident and in bomb blast in one day,if I was her I also would have changed something.why not hairstyle :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2021 at 10:08 PM, poloska said:

And also the first one had many loose ends in the story overall.

 

I don't think we can really judge that since he doesn't even get to finish the show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2021 at 9:08 PM, poloska said:

Lol,she got in car accident and in bomb blast in one day,if I was her I also would have changed something.why not hairstyle :lol:

 

That's true I completely forgot about the bomb incidence where she has to be hospitalised. That make sense she got her original hairstyle back. 

 

This taxi episode is so stressful, the circle of revenge never ends. Now the criminals all seeking revenge to taxi crews. None of them actually change for the better like Mr Wang has hoped to achieve lol. It's like a ticking bomb. 

 

Another wasting character is Mr Jang, he always got this dual character with him where he can be either good or bad. I don't get why he is so gullible and trusting Ms Baek til the end. 

For the first time I'm actually happy to hear the police siren. But then they arrested Kim Do Ki as well lolol. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And.. Ha Na made it to 180 back to how she was LoL. Here I thought she improved - nope. Well at least, she's consistent. Consistently annoying that is. 

    What's a K-Drama without the white truck of doom ha-ha!? 

    Who's that guy after poor Go Eun? The entire Deluxe Taxi Team is under Madam Baek's thumb aish. Mr. Jang sure is weak. 

     The guy after Maria look like a chipmunk LoL. I mean he's as mentally challenged as she, yet he resorts to doing all those horrific act toward her. 

     With 3 ep. left, I wonder where will this end? Will this mean there's an end to Deluxe Taxi team as a whole? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

 

    Who's that guy after poor Go Eun?

 

He's the boyfriend who start the illegal video of Go Eun's sister. 

He's seeking revenge, he seems to think that Go Eun is the cause... somehow he targets Go Eun and not Kim Do Ki lol 

  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Taxi Driver, 모범택시

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..