[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

11 minutes ago, RobinM said:

@mysticmango Right? I am just feeling more and more she  just exists to break the curse and let the others be happy in their current incarnation. The perfect sacrifice.  

I'm going to rage if her character only exists to be a sacrificial lamb lol. I'll even take a random deux ex machina in killing Eul Tae without her needing to die.

That said, I still have some faith in the writer. I'm not expecting a full-on happy ending, but at least a bittersweet/satisfactory one! (Please no depressing ending because I feel it'll go against what the show is trying to say~)

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

23 minutes ago, mysticmango said:

I'm going to rage if her character only exists to be a sacrificial lamb lol. I'll even take a random deux ex machina in killing Eul Tae without her needing to die.

That said, I still have some faith in the writer. I'm not expecting a full-on happy ending, but at least a bittersweet/satisfactory one! (Please no depressing ending because I feel it'll go against what the show is trying to say~)

Well-said. 

Although I think that our FL will be likely to make herself a sacrificial lamb because she is such a giving person who puts others ahead of herself, I'm hopeful that our ML will realize how very valuable she is and rescue her.  She is my favorite character in this drama--good really needs to win here.

I don't want a sad or open ending either.  And, as I've said before, I'm supporting a romance here and really hoping that we get to see that, as well as something good happening for our little "family" of characters clustered around Hwal's house.

Yeah, I know there are those who disagree but I want what I want and I hope that the writer 

comes through.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

22 minutes ago, thistle said:

Well-said. 

Although I think that our FL will be likely to make herself a sacrificial lamb because she is such a giving person who puts others ahead of herself, I'm hopeful that our ML will realize how very valuable she is and rescue her.  She is my favorite character in this drama--good really needs to win here.

I don't want a sad or open ending either.  And, as I've said before, I'm supporting a romance here and really hoping that we get to see that, as well as something good happening for our little "family" of characters clustered around Hwal's house.

Yeah, I know there are those who disagree but I want what I want and I hope that the writer 

comes through.

It definitely seems to be setting up to that point where Hwal will realize he'd rather have her alive than dead. The kdrama tropes say so! I'm just curious how they'll circumvent the whole his-soul-in-hers thing and have them both be humans in the end.

I'm also supporting their romance! Lol. But man the slow burn is burning so slow. I also still believe these two are connected far longer than they think and I hope they reveal their backstory soon. I'm guessing starcrossed lovers or whatever where Hwal betrayed her hence her putting the bulgasal curse on him. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, qynn said:

I do agree he hated his father, but I don't agree he was possessed. Agree to disagree there. I do think there is a good chance Hwal was the brother, especially since Hwal ended up as the father's beloved "son" in another life, but maybe not considering the painting. 

The possibility is indeed there because so far We only see young Hwal, not the teenage one. And also the actress who acted as the mother of Eul Tae's brother seems tobe the same woman who acted as the 'suicide' detective & hwal's mother cmiiw (I checked the woman detective face on asian wiki and it seems to be same person). 

When Eul Tae is killing his brother, I think the lady bulgasal was on the scene to protect his brother but it's too late. Probably She always guard Hwal on all his reincarnation cycle? So the relation ship between the lady bulgasal & Hwal non happened on his previous life before born as Hwal but previous previous previous....previous life?

1 hour ago, mysticmango said:

I'm also supporting their romance! Lol. But man the slow burn is burning so slow. I also still believe these two are connected far longer than they think and I hope they reveal their backstory soon. I'm guessing starcrossed lovers or whatever where Hwal betrayed her hence her putting the bulgasal curse on him. 

I always like slow burn romance in drama :wub:. Somehow it makes me more appreciate with any small interactions the ML-FL have. Kissing almost on each episodes? that's too boring.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, ninaanin said:

Today we had 1 surprising twist and 2 confirmations.

The twist - ET was human and not originally a monster-bulgasal.

First confirmation - detective’s sister was really SU. 

Second confirmation - the boy is Hwal's son from previous life. 

I totally agree with you.

I had a suspicion that the detective's sister was really Sang Woon/Yeon, though it was rather bad luck to have a monster dad, huh.

Do Hyun being Hwal's son was something everybody predicted in this thread, me included. And he is not a bad boy, he is very kind and can distinguish right from wrong. He did it all because of his sick brother, and now he died. It was heartbreaking.

I was surprised that Eul Tae was originally a human. I thought he was a bulgasal from the very beginning.

And I agree with those who say that he killed his brother because of jealousy. His father clearly loved his second son way more and Eul Tae heard it (it explains why Eul Tae didn't kill the detective when he kills everybody/he was his father from his human life/even if he felt wronged by his father, he never hated him).

Moreover, it's interesting that everyone is guessing that Hwal was probably the brother he killed. I think so as well, though that doesn't explain by Sang Woon/Yeon was actually bitter with Hwal in ep1, as if everything was his fault.

And I think Si Hoo's baby will be a girl, the baby daughter that died. The baby will get a second chance at life.

• Like 7

I’m going back to the small piece of Hwal’s dream 600 years ago, his vision when SU touched his face and the memory of ET. These three moments, I think, tell us something. And I think that one of them is older than the others.

Also, I think maybe we should have a timeline, which I believe should be older than thousand years.

1. The first period: More than 1000 years? A pristine time, when Hwal and SU where a couple, maybe deities, bulgasals or other kind of supernatural beings. I think we have a glimpse of this time during Hwal’s vision – almost end of episode 3. It would be kind of “Edan’s garden”, I believe this because the vision was a very happy one.

2. The second period: 1000 years/ moment of the fall (?!) I don’t know if we have already a scene from this time, however let’s assume that is the case, so it would be in the dream (Hwal) and in the memory (ET). I’m also betting that what happened in Hwal’s dream and in ET’s memory happened in this same period. Why I think that? Because according to my eyes (lol) SU’s cloths are the same in both scenes. In this case, Hwal couldn’t be ET’s younger brother (which is an interesting hypothesis). So, maybe my eyes are wrong and there is a period before the time that ET murdered his brother and after the first period, when SU and Hwal’s misunderstanding, or betrayal happened.

3. The third period: More than 600 years ago - Hwal is born, and we know about the curse – Bulgasal is also around eating people. I assume this is ET. If Hwal was ET’s younger brother, this could easily explain why he is always “close” to Hwal, but I’m not sure if this would be the answer.

4. The fourth period: More than 600 years ago - Hwal’s childhood. SU and Bulgasul close to him.

5. The fifth period: 600 years ago - Hwal the monster hunter. A major event happens here. Hwal became bulgasul. SU became human and a new curse-carma begins. ET is there eating people.

6. The sixth period: this is a long one, when Hwal and ET are chasing (and et killing) SU.

7. The seventh period: 1970 – the fire and dead of one of SU’s life. ET killing SU.

8. The eighth period: 1975 – detective’s childhood, his father is a monster reincarnated as human, and his sister is another life of SU (I believe). ET kills his father and sister.

9. The nineth period: 2006-7 – Twins as teener, the tragedy of SU’s family, scape. ET eating people. Hwal is again late.

10. Present time.

Did I miss something?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

37 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Yes. DY is A Chan and The baby girl is the only missing part of the family. But then why would she feel it when he was stabbed as shown in preview?  

As his mother (even though it was in the past), SH would feel his pain--it's a psychic connection between mother and child.  (Kinda like those horrific studies that scientists performed on rabbits years ago--something I don't want to think about too much because it breaks my heart.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kathia said:

I totally agree with you.

I had a suspicion that the detective's sister was really Sang Woon/Yeon, though it was rather bad luck to have a monster dad, huh.

Do Hyun being Hwal's son was something everybody predicted in this thread, me included. And he is not a bad boy, he is very kind and can distinguish right from wrong. He did it all because of his sick brother, and now he died. It was heartbreaking.

I was surprised that Eul Tae was originally a human. I thought he was a bulgasal from the very beginning.

And I agree with those who say that he killed his brother because of jealousy. His father clearly loved his second son way more and Eul Tae heard it (it explains why Eul Tae didn't kill the detective when he kills everybody/he was his father from his human life/even if he felt wronged by his father, he never hated him).

Moreover, it's interesting that everyone is guessing that Hwal was probably the brother he killed. I think so as well, though that doesn't explain by Sang Woon/Yeon was actually bitter with Hwal in ep1, as if everything was his fault.

And I think Si Hoo's baby will be a girl, the baby daughter that died. The baby will get a second chance at life.

True

11 minutes ago, thistle said:

As his mother (even though it was in the past), SH would feel his pain--it's a psychic connection between mother and child.  (Kinda like those horrific studies that scientists performed on rabbits years ago--something I don't want to think about too much because it breaks my heart.)

I think so too she treat him also like a mother  too he pick the call went she call him he need to talk to him I feel sad also of hwi because  finally he has his son and loose him again 

• Like 4

On a different note I want to talk about the Scene  where she strangling him the dream. Now They can’t show it in K drama  obviously but the implication and imagery was clear: way way back in the day they had some good times.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYxEc26t7a3/?utm_medium=copy_link

i need the eng subs.. :criesariver:

havent’t watched ep9 yet

but seems like Eul Tae genuinely treated Do Yoon as a friend.. he could have sucked off all his blood, but he chose to stab him.. with the ancient dagger. is that dagger also one of the reasons why the cursed karma repeats itself? or he intentionally used it so that Si Ho could sense it and bring Sang Woon coming to search for Do Yoon?

• Like 2

New still video for ep 10

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYxEeq3JM8_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

SiHo: who are you?
ET: Hello, I am a friend of the owner of this house
SiHo: What...Friend? but He is not at home now
ET: How can....but It's okay .Today I'm here to meet Sang Woon anyway

*Note: translation may not be super accurate.

Siho doesn't know Eul Tae so He is not the possibility baby's father like what We are afraid for :w00t:

So only Ex-detective's junior and probably any new cameo left. The ex-detective junior is not handsome but as the quote says: Handsome/pretty is relative....

I want to correct my theory that I said a long time ago about ET is the one who killed Hwal's family because He is the only one who has the capability to make the victims have nosebleed. I re-watched ep -7 and just realized Hwal killed the fire monster in the same way.

Anyway the conversation between Hwal & the butcher lady is hilarious.

butcher lady: Actually, we have one more person moping around here, Go check on him
Bullssi ajussi: What do u mean?
Butcher lady: I'm talking about Do-yoon. He won't come out of his room. He won't even eat
Bullssi ajussi: Leave him be. He's not a little kid.
Butcher lady: It worries me when people skip meals. How can I let him be? Go & find out
what happened to him. You're the only guy here. It might be a girl problem. Go listen to his troubles.
Bullssi ajussi: Sure. I'm the perfect man for the job. I've lived alone for the past 600 years

• Like 2

Since Eul Tae was always a cruel person, cruel enough to kill his brother for the sake of power and he first witnessed Sang Woon (Bulgasal form) he was fascinated by her. 

He wanted to have her powers. 

So he was human to begin and since Bulgasal can become human in some ways, I have no idea how, the clue to this was a  Bulgasal have to stab with a certain knife to steal the soul. 

Who was he stabbed by or precisely who did he manipulate to get stabbed by to steal his soul so that he can be Bulgasal? 

The Bulgasal in blue form! Hwal?

If it was then the soul was never Hwal's or Sang Woon's. It was Eul Tae's. 

So the black hole? As he was  a bulgasal wannabe but never a full form bulgasal. 

Since we see the next episode Do Hyun being stabbed by Eul Tae, then possibly Do Hyun could be his brother in the past 1000 years ago.

Even brothers from different parents could bond well usually because blood is thicker than water. Do Hyun being a younger brother still believed in Eul Tae when he was young in the current generation and blind (looks like he had opaque cornea) that he held him first to ask for help. That brotherly bond and they bonded really well during the episode where they played games. 

Edited by Bleu Winter
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2

My random latenight thoughts:

In Eul Tae's painting, we see 2 deities. Perhaps Sang Un and Hwal, the two original bulgasals (who weren't originally evil). Seeing as how Eul Tae was human and Hwal was cursed by the bulgasal later through his right hand (and that flashback in the cave), maybe an exchange happened between them where ET gave his soul to Hwal, like they switched positions. Reason unknown, but ET wanted power/immortality? ET then became a bulgasal but he went evil and killed people and Sang Un punished him for it with that black hole. She also punished Hwal for maybe having committed a sin or like a desecration against the original bulgasal position or something? 

In short, I just need answers stat lol.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mysticmango said:

ET then became a bulgasal but he went evil and killed people and Sang Un punished him for it with that black hole.

Maybe Hwal wanted to be human...and we do know ET was very sick...maybe they make  a deal...Sang Un felt betrayed and cursed both men

• Like 5

Lee Jin Wook And Kwon Nara Run Into A Roadblock As They Search For Kim Woo Seok In “Bulgasal”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 16, 2022
by S. P

tvN’s “Bulgasal” has revealed new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Bulgasal” is a fantasy drama starring Lee Jin Wook as Dan Hwal, a bulgasal (a mythical creature that does not die or age) who was once human centuries ago. Kwon Nara stars as Min Sang Woon, a woman who is repeatedly reincarnated while fleeing the bulgasal, but remembers all her past lives.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, it was revealed that Nam Do Yoon (UP10TION’s Kim Woo Seok) was actually the reincarnation of Dan Hwal and Dan Sol’s (Gong Seung Yeon’s) son from 600 years ago. Before learning of this secret, Dan Hwal had grown enraged at how Nam Do Yoon took the side of Ok Eul Tae (Lee Joon), who had been the one who killed Dan Hwal’s family. Dan Hwal then coldly ignored Nam Do Yoon’s pleas for forgiveness.

New stills preview a series of possibly volatile situations, beginning with Dan Hwal and Min Sang Woon, who set out in the dead of night to find Nam Do Yoon. They find themselves in a field of tall reeds, and the surprised expression on Dan Hwal’s face makes viewers wonder what he could have witnessed. Min Sang Woon, whose hands tremble whenever a monster is nearby, looks down at her hand with nervousness.

Meanwhile, Nam Do Yoon is pictured an unidentifiable location. Having grown up in an orphanage and also being used and thrown away by Ok Eul Tae, he has nowhere left to go. Will he be able to safely reunite with Dan Hwal?

Lee-Jin-Wook2.jpeg

Spoiler

Kwon-Nara1.jpeg

Kim-Woo-Seok.jpeg

Ok Eul Tae, who previously used Min Si Ho (Gong Seung Yeon) in his attempt to get ahold of Min Sang Woon, once again appears in front of her. His appearance signals danger and Min Si Ho is frozen in fear as he runs his hand through her hair, bringing goosebumps and a sense of foreboding to viewers.

Lee-Joon-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Joon-Gong-Seung-Yeon.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508577wpp/lee-jin-wook-and-kwon-nara-run-into-a-roadblock-as-they-search-for-kim-woo-seok-in-bulgasal

• Like 5