Details:

Chinese title: 祝卿好 / Zhu Qing Hao
English title:  My Sassy Princess  

Genre: Historical, romance

Episodes: 22

Director: Zhu Shao Jie

Broadcast Period: Apr 16, 2022 - Apr 26, 2022

Network: iQiyi

~~ Adapted from the novel Jin Yi Wei Da Ren (锦衣卫大人) by Yi Ren Kui Kui (伊人睽睽)

Cast:

Yuan Bing Yan as Liu Ling (Princess Chang Le)
Zheng Ye Cheng as Shen Yan
Merxat as Shen Yu
Zhang Yue as Xu Shi Jin
Yang Zhi Wen as Ling Bi
Guo Xiao Tian as Luo Fan

Synopsis:

It tells the story about Liu Ling, the spoiled Princess Chang Le, who met a martial artist Chen Yan and embarks on a journey together.

Source: MDL

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] My Sassy Princess 祝卿好 premiering April 16
53 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Qiao Shi Yu, who did Reba

Hi, I'm not sure, but sounds like her:)

Looks like fun, and relatively short , so hopefully no waisting time on "watering":)

P.S.  This drama comes really unexpected :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] My Sassy Princess 祝卿好 premiered April 16

I wonder if someone is watching this:wub:I watched 2 episodes,and so far  Cristal and ZYC, Merxat and Zhang Yue- 100% top acting and amazing onscreen chemistry created by both couples.

The story pace and overall execution- emmm, so far not as good as I expected. Hope it becomes better as the story progresses.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, leo2020 said:

I wonder if someone is watching this:wub:I watched 2 episodes,and so far  Cristal and ZYC, Merxat and Zhang Yue- 100% top acting and amazing onscreen chemistry created by both couples.

The story pace and overall execution- emmm, so far not as good as I expected. Hope it becomes better as the story progresses.

I am watching this drama. I had low expectations and glad to be proven wrong. It isn't perfect by all means, but the main leads chemistry is great. I have yet to complete ZYC drama, but so far I like his character. His martial art skills is amazing.

• Like 1

@leo2020 @ChibiLy I am holding back till a few more eps are shown. I've stolen a few peeks here and there and I like what I am watching. My first encounter with ZYC was in Sleeping Princess and though I didn't like the VO, spoilt the effect for me but I thought his acting was alright. I've watched his recent modern drama but it didn't reel me in. I've seen him here with CY and I think they've given the roles a good shot. I hope more people watch this, it's short, so it's not such a drag plot-wise.

• Like 1

was being my usual naughty self and watched the latest episodes that got released tonight. Does it always have to take this route in a drama? :cries:

I thought ZYC was cold in Sleepless Princess, my gawd, he's even more stone-faced and colder here. I can feel the room temperature freezing. lol

I tot the reviews on the drama was quite good.. but doesnt seemed so? :huh:

Spoiler

Just finish 'Killer is also Romantic'... 18 episode, each episode seemed to be 10 to 15min episode long only... finished in one sitting.. a cute romance but no thread in soompi on it... :lol:

(https://mydramalist.com/724971-the-killer-is-also-romantic)

Edited by SC2019
Hid the non-drama related post into spoiler
  • Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

Just finish '

Spoiler

Killer is also Romantic

'... 18 episode, each episode seemed to be 10 to 15min episode long only... finished in one sitting.. a cute romance but no thread in soompi on it... :lol:

We talked about it a bit in 

Spoiler

Decreed By Fate thread. Summary: we enjoyed it a lot:partyblob:

• Awesome 1

@realistic2280a I am tempted to create a thread for that other drama. The problem is I dunno if the thread will be pin-drop silent or not, and then it would look weird with just the first post, and nothing else. :cries:

As for this one, I would say it's worth watching, both the ML and FL are not rookie actors so the acting is a notch or two above the average mark. ZYC is (I think) by nature not a stone-faced person, he seems more jovial BTS so it doesn't come naturally for him to portray these kinda roles. I think for tsundere roles, one requires the Cheng Yi kind of expression, where he can emote stone-faced roles through the eyes; else the character just looks stone-faced. Having said that, I believe their chemistry is good and Crystal Yuan is doing pretty well. There are scenes I caught in the later episode where the cinematography gives me a movie-feel, so I would say whoever was in charge of that section knows what he/she is doing. My gripe in the earlier post was how the trope of FL being 

Spoiler
Spoiler

married off against her will is being used. And the ML is being typically prideful, and egoistical about the whole thing. It certainly amps up the angst but I guess I was hoping he would reach out to comfort her when she needed it most. Instead, he walks away, annoyed/ agrieved that she chose to leave him, and not let him partake in the decision -agrieved that she cared less for their relationship. But if you had to choose between a political marriage that would keep war between 2 countries at bay, ensuring the safety of citizens and safeguarding your family, his family vs your own personal happiness (selfish choice with detrimental outcomes), what would you choose? This is assuming she doesn't know anything about faking her own death as a route out of this predicament (as featured in other dramas)??

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am watching this drama and i like it very much.  Moreover I like both the leads and want to support YBY.  The role reversal here with the FL annoyingly pursuing the stone faced ML.  YBY is doing very good and the FL stalking ML is only for the 4 episodes and the ML can very well understand where the FL is coming from and why she is behaving like that.  ZYC is so good and his fighting scenes are superb.  We have lots of touching-touching scenes.  As the story progresses i love everything about the drama and the leads chemistry is on fire.   Their photo shoot 

Is so good.  :heart::love:

Mmv0sWe.jpeg

iojHO0P.jpeg

wbKdif4.jpeg

Spoiler

vpoNzo1.jpeg

Cr: MDL. 

I don't know why still Merxcat is 2nd ML.  He deserves the ML role.  He is so beautiful in the periodic clothes.  I like SY's assistant LF.  He is also cute. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@pad-hari I've found the trailer for E17-18 and I was jumping for joy at the scene in E17. I am glad I picked this drama up after some episodes had aired and glad that it'll end on Saturday, so I don't have to wait so long. They changed the airing schedule, probably to make way for another drama. 

Capturedad616fa05b08c44.jpg

Credit: iQiyi, MDL

Like you, I am enjoying YBY's acting and find it very engaging. I am hoping E22 will be a satisfying end, and that it won't be a poorly executed one, like most costume dramas. I think the other actors in the cast are also nailing their roles well, including the Crown Prince (though I swear this is the first time I've seen him??)

Spoiler

[on a side note, YBY's father in this drama is the father of the FL in My Heart, and it's so funny watching his as fathers in two dramas at the same time]!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@SC2019IKR they suddenly changed the schedule and started to air the episodes continuously which I love so much.  I don't have to wait with the break in episodes in between. 

Actually YBY's father actor also act in Reba-RJL's drama The Blue Whisper too as a villian in the initial episodes.  

Heard is a HEA ending.  In the initial episodes the editing is choppy.  But as it progresses it's ok.  Yea all the characters are so loveable and i love all the 3 OTP's.   Wonder how it is doing in the mainland.  Need to chek the douban score.  Will be happy if it atleast gets a score of 6 which is ok and will make YBY's comeback strong. 

@pad-hari ditto on the continuous airing, hate the waiting game! 

I haven't watched The Blue Whisper (yet) - something about so many episodes, and two seasons, and me having to guess half the time with no subs. I'll get round to it when it's done airing.  That actor we spoke about, has got the look of a villain but he's neither in these two dramas...

I suspect it will be a HE too, looking at how it goes. But it bugs the heck out of me watching that stone-face. LOL

Spoiler

I first saw YBY as Mo Shan Shan in Ever Night and thought she looked really elegant; then I saw her again in Listening Snow Tower and loved her to bits there. I heard about the Love and Redemption issue, was that why you said 'come back'? Well, it's been 2 years, hopefully viewers in China have forgotten and are busy with other gossipy news to fret over.

• Like 1

I also stopped watching blue whisper.  Had to wait too long for the subs.   Me too will start when subs are done. 

Spoiler

Also watching Who rules the world.  Watching this for YY and ZLS.  So far ok, but cannot see much chemistry between the leads. 

Yeah YBY was so elegant as MSS.  She was pretty than the actual FL but the leads chemistry was awesome and as the story progressed the leads literally took the screen on fire and so she was forgotten too early.

Right, she had some problem with ML and the agency after L&R.  She suffered a little after that dramas' success.  But she has a got good ML here.  I love  ZYC.  He is so cute/chemistry loaded with all the actresses he acts with.  I also loved him in the sleepless princess.  

Cannot wait for the rest of the episodes. 

Can you post the previews of ep. 17 & 18.  I am not able to browse weibo.  Thanks