[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rebel Princess上阳赋

sugarplum892

8 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

If only his princess had been the lioness in captivity it would have been a pleasure to watch...I miss her spunk and chutpazah in the 1st kidnapping phase.I can understand He Lan Zhen going gentle as he believes in his win and that she has no way out but comply.Awu's attitude perplexes me..I know going forward her character will suddenly forgo amnesia and will become smarter then Sherlock Holmes. But this pendulum swing of the princess will leave a disappointment in my heart.

She is a great actress who is underutilized in her mint fresh series foray.

I found this nice post (post has spoilers of future episodes) on Tumblr about reason behind Awu's seeming softness towards He Lan in captivity. Of course once the subs are out we will be able to judge better but till then something to give us some hope...

https://skullsandwineglasses.tumblr.com/post/643133681507139584/the-rebel-princess-episodes-56-57-thoughts

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, The.Lannister said:

I found this nice post (post has spoilers of future episodes) on Tumblr about reason behind Awu's seeming softness towards He Lan in captivity. Of course once the subs are out we will be able to judge better but till then something to give us some hope...

https://skullsandwineglasses.tumblr.com/post/643133681507139584/the-rebel-princess-episodes-56-57-thoughts

Thanks for sharing.My knowledge of chinese is limited so have to wait for subs to get the complete picture. I hope that Awu does make HeLan Zhen pay dearly sooner than later.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, minglanfan2 said:

Thanks for sharing.My knowledge of chinese is limited so have to wait for subs to get the complete picture. I hope that Awu does make HeLan Zhen pay dearly sooner than later.

My dream scenario was always Awu killing He Lan like she kept saying in the earlier episodes. Now I am not holding on to that hope. Just hope she doesn't stop XQ from killing him when the time comes for whatever weird reason she can think of like world peace, or being the better person or some such other nonsense:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

40 minutes ago, The.Lannister said:

My dream scenario was always Awu killing He Lan like she kept saying in the earlier episodes. Now I am not holding on to that hope. Just hope she doesn't stop XQ from killing him when the time comes for whatever weird reason she can think of like world peace, or being the better person or some such other nonsense:joy:

BINGO ! I think Awu is always try to see/find the good side of a person which sometimes is not exist anymore. 

Btw while Im commenting, I have seen the Payback scene Zitan - Empress Dowager.

Since I loathe them both, I dont know how to feel about it lol, I couldnt be happy for Zitan nor be sad for Empress Dowager. It was just an awkward moment for me lmao 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@The.Lannister Thank you for finding such a good narrative of Wang Xuan's situation in Hu Lan.

Perhaps the melancholy is due that she is now alone and pondering whether Xiao Qi is alive or dead. Unlike Huizhou, she had General Song, Pang Gui and Xiao Qi on the outside. Now with Ah Li Mah, her husband and now discovering Pang Gui she will have more confidence regarding her situation.

Xiao Qi is on his way too. So lovely watching riding to Wang Xuan to save the day.

I agreed that He Lan Zhen's presence to her is a torment. He kidnapped her and strapped her with a bomb. Did he really love her as he had no qualm "detonate" the bomb on her? Later he made a remark on how they first met as if it was so romantic moment.

Because to save the shameless hussy of that cousin of hers, she had to resort to dancing for He Lan Zhen like some entertainer. It must have been such a humiliation but she deemed it necessary to justify the means. He Lan Zhen will always remind her of that. In the end, it is all for naught but the satisfaction of burning the letter showed that Wang Xuan can be merciless with her punishment.

Wang Xuan had shaken one lovesick puppy at the Capital now to face another, she has no patience anymore as this has slowed down her mission of looking for Xiao Qi.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, The.Lannister said:

World peace lol!:D I hope Xiao Qi just puts his foot down with a stern face if she does have those grandiose ideas in her head.

I am so ready for the retribution of Sujine'r and Wang Lin.Does he know because of him Awu miscarried and is undertaking a painful procedure to experience motherhood.Will he genuinely repent on the havoc he unleashed on his daughter time and again?

• Like 2

I’ve just watched ep 52 again and have noticed that WX used the secret exit shown by the old emperor to rescue the baby out of the palace as she did not seem to come out by the main entrance? Has anyone noticed that or perhaps it is just my imagination?

• Like 1

Episode 52-53:

In a show so short of time I cant believe they waste time in showing us flashbacks of that clown Zilong, his stupid dream or even his funeral. No one cares!! That is the portion you cut editors, not XQ's war scenes!!:weary:

The old hag today after learning Awu has left with Jinger:loolz: so much satisfaction to my soul!! As you sow, so shall you reap! :joy: PM Wen is prolly already missing PM Wang:loolz:After playing around to her heart's content & ruining everything for everyone the hag now just wishes to rest & wants Wen to handle everything. Typical of every spoilt brat.

The guards at the gate opened the doors for Awu because they used to serve XQ. My God!!! Coronations be damned we have our Emperor right here. :wub: Anybody can be loyal in good times but to stand by someone even after his death & even when it might cause your own death....oh what magic spell does XQ cast on his people to inspire such loyalty :wub: That scene where the guard died but did not allow the Imperial soldiers to pass is so touching! :tears:

So wimp only took Awu to his country because she managed to escape from the capital. Had she not he had no issues letting her die there. Ahh the deep love!! :wub: Now to bear wimp & his unending declarations of love for 6 more episodes :weary: I am grateful that Hulan is such a picturesque land. I have decided I am going to stare at the mountains & the fields as much as possible & avoid looking at Awu & Helan for the sake of my sanity. And Jiner...what do I say...as you sow, so shall you reap! I hope she lives a long long life after seeing Zitan being brutally killed by XQ in front of her eyes. 

XQ for even a minute on screen is such a pleasure to watch! That single lone tear as he remembers everything that has happened:tears: And truly a God among mortals. He is up and about in just a few days inspite of all his wounds :tears: 

1 hour ago, minglanfan2 said:

World peace lol!:D I hope Xiao Qi just puts his foot down with a stern face if she does have those grandiose ideas in her head.

I am so ready for the retribution of Sujine'r and Wang Lin.Does he know because of him Awu miscarried and is undertaking a painful procedure to experience motherhood. Will he genuinely repent on the havoc he unleashed on his daughter time and again?

Yes XQ better not be swayed from his rightful vengeance. He owes it to his mates who died for him. He needs to clear their names + punish each & every one who got them killed in the first place. We can go for lofty ideas of peace & morality after all that is over.

Wang Lin being Wang Lin will mostly blame Awu for not sitting at home & sipping tea when she is pregnant & instead meddling in state affairs:D

@Thuc Duyen Yes I saw that too. She did not leave through the main door.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

On 1/16/2021 at 10:13 PM, tazmin said:

The level of thirst I have for Xiao is almost scary to me. I literally fangirl each time his scenes come on

Now with episode 10, I have to say Zitan while a beautiful Adonis who’s such a throughly decent person truly would’ve not been a good match for our A’Wu, all them scheming and shadow fights would’ve been done by A’Wu alone and I’m sure (I mean I would be) she’d grown resentful of him in the end. 

You are not alone. Here I am in episode 22 and I'm completely enamored of him:-)

On 1/16/2021 at 11:59 PM, jacquelinetan said:

I believe that Wang Xuan's feelings for Xiao Qi first spark when she found out that he had sent his people to save her. He is the only one who did it. Where is her father, Uncle Emperor or even Zi Dan Ke Ke when she was kidnapped.

Then he rushed to save the "decoy" thinking she was her. Who can forget that moment he appeared alone surrounded by a celestial mist to save her and she called out his name "Xiao Qi"(she did not even go with his title) and warned that she was strapped with a bomb. That all it took, his wife calls and he killed everyone and saved his wife with one "ballerina" stance.

Then he smoothed her feelings of disappointment with her father and told her that she can remained with him and be his Princess Consort for real.

What a man!!

I love the way you described Xiao Qi's martial moves as "ballerina dance." That cliffhanger was and gravity defying. Being a martial artist myself, I'm just floored at the fight choreography in this drama; the sweeps, jumps, jabs are realistic, raw, fatal, and epic!

• Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4605169319545596#&video

Im cracking up the way she pops up to his side :Pandabulous:

So where is He Lan Zhen? Killed by He Lan Tuo? Or he just gatecrashed his cousin's wedding? Pang Gui is there so must be an escape plan. I loved his smile "Your hero is here". (A new look too)

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

12 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

So where is He Lan Zhen? Killed by He Lan Tuo? Or he just gatecrashed his cousin's wedding? Pang Gui is there so must be an escape plan. I loved his smile "Your hero is here". (A new look too)

I think I have seen  a pic , HZ hanged by King Hulan & Helan Tuo? And perhaps  XQ will save him ?? And after this DaCheng and Hulan can live side by side peacefully? The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Btw its so exciting to see their reunion! And love Pang Gui very loyal till the end, hoping to see next wedding : Pang Gui ~ Ah Yue

• Like 2
  • Shocked 3
  • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, The.Lannister said:

Not able to open the link here. Can you please give a brief written update? 

https://m.weibo.cn/p/index?containerid=10080846ef94feb2611189cd6e3450e27b6e14_-_feed&luicode=10000011&lfid=10080846ef94feb2611189cd6e3450e27b6e14

If you can open this link,The video is pretty much all over there atm lol.

And I can't give a proper update since I dont understand Mandarin lol, Im waiting here for kindhearted ppl to give updates in english :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

I think I have seen  a pic , HZ hanged by King Hulan & Helan Tuo? And perhaps  XQ will save him ?? And after this DaCheng and Hulan can live side by side peacefully?

Btw its so exciting to see their reunion! And love Pang Gui very loyal till the end, hoping to see next wedding : Pang Gui ~ Ah Yue

It is more likely that XQ put him there :evillaugh: 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

34 minutes ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

https://m.weibo.cn/p/index?containerid=10080846ef94feb2611189cd6e3450e27b6e14_-_feed&luicode=10000011&lfid=10080846ef94feb2611189cd6e3450e27b6e14

If you can open this link,The video is pretty much all over there atm lol.

And I can't give a proper update since I dont understand Mandarin lol, Im waiting here for kindhearted ppl to give updates in english :lol:

I couldn't open the link but I think I found the same thing on twitter. XQ :fullofhearts:The way Awu ran to stand by his side is also cute! :wub:

Edit: @pewpew mew Yes I saw it there too. But thanks for sharing!!:approves:

• Like 1