[drama 2005/6] How Are You God/ Hello God 안녕하세요 하느&

Guest psycho2005

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bambiina dear- I don't think more pages necessary mean good drama..I would agree that there is a high chance that those popular drama with hundred of pages are decent and appeal to most people ( comedy, love story, good looking casts).. but here on soompi, I find that the popularity of the threads depend heavily on the actors of the drama ( and not necessary the story line / quality of the drama itself).. and sometimes more pages just mean more spams & link requests. I don't know if I am making any sense at all :lol: .. In a way, I think i would prefer a quiet thread filled with good discussions & as I can read interesting insights about the story line itself without having to spend hours to "filter" it out. I think a drama like this forces one to think & evokes a certain emotion and only appeal to a certain group of people, hence the few number of pages. Just because it is not popular does not mean that it's not a good drama.

For example, I see that you're a die-hard fan of Bi, so A Love To Kill can be the best drama for you.. and I'm sure you enjoyed it fully.. but if if Bi wasn't the main actor, and just judging from the story line alone, I doubt that it would be as even popular or regarded as a "decent" drama.. or you would like it at all..hehe..

Sorry for being off-topic.. oh my.. shirley & armanigurl better pull me back to reality ( these days, my attention span is getting shorter and shorter.. must be the effect of being on cloud 9 for too long).. hehe.. I guess I should get back to discussing this drama. I didn't get a chance to watch episode 3 yet.. but from the spoilers & translations of the generous people in this thread, I was able to understand the story line abit better. Here's some of my comments from episode 1 & 2.. :) I'm just gonna put it in yellow just in case it's spoilers for some who didn't get a chance to watch yet..

The way Haru and EH meet was so amusing to me. From the fact that his dad cheated her and force her take that bus ( was it to find the Haru's dad?) to meeting another EH teacher on the bus, to the bus accident and ending up at Haru's place as EH- the teacher.. WOW.. quite a connection there.. I feel that Haru's smiles & devotion is just so so charming, no wonder even the money-loving EH was touched by his actions. I think she is so comfortable around him because he's so pure and she is able to trust him completely since I don't think she can trust alot of people around her. ( considering what she does for a living). Being with Haru, she doesn't have to worry about being cheated or be reminded of the ugly side of human nature.

As for that doctor guy, I don't know if EH or Haru will be able to change him in the future, but as of right now.. he's the perfect example of the selfish guy who will do everything to get what he wants- and I am so angry at him for manipulating both EH and Haru. ( well, i am more angry for Haru since EH is normal, and it's half her fault since she was interested in the doctor because he's rich). I hope I get this right from my limited understanding... from the preview.. we see that the doctor will somehow help Haru be smart again, but I believe he did the operation not out of concern for Haru, but for his own career advancement.

As for Haru's family.. all the guys seem like good people.. I love the warm atmosphere of that family.. I have a question.. what's the little girl's relationship to Haru? She seems quite sharp .. hehe.. quite a gal for her age.. hehe.. she was strong enough to question & see through EH while the men are just clueless.. :lol:

I was so sad to see the innocent Haru, who would never do anything bad, took the wallet that he picked up and went to the bank, screaming at the machine, asking for money so he can give to EH. The scene at the police station was so heart-breaking.. This poor boy, just for his teacher, is willing to do anything to make her happy, regardless of the consequences. I know for sure that his wonderful Haru will change EH's life.. and I am so looking forward to how he will turn out when he's smart and normal again... I will be back after I watch episode 3... :sweatingbullets:

that was a great post mily... I really enjoyed reading it :D

actually, i made a new year resolution to speak less in soompi this year :rolleyes: that was until i discovered this thread and all the glorious people in it... I just loved reading everyone's thoughts about this drama because it sends me back to the time I was watching MISA which was also an emotional stirring drama...

its great to see shirley back in her analytical front fully ready to dissect this drama... i get even more excited when I see Sandy back watching kdramas.. then there's creidesca... i've never been in a thread where she participates in.. this is the first time i think.. and i like reading her posts.. its very matured and makes me feel a bit wiser after reading it :rolleyes: then i'm so excited that Prisc is gonna watch this too.. because that girl can write... well if you've seen her Resurrection Panic posts you'd know that she's great with her dissecting knives too... haha.. and then the more i read this thread i discover that there are more out there like the above people i've mentioned :) which makes watching this show with the people here all the more thrilling :)

so yeah, to sum it all.. this thread may not have all the numbers but it's a great thread! and don't let anyone tell it otherwise.. ^______^

as for episode 3... i still havent watch it.... i think clubbox is having a bad day... i tried to download "neuk dae" and this drama off creidesca's clubbox but it won't budge ( shirl.. i'm gonna try "neuk dae" cos last night i dreamt about it... gahhh.. as if UTW and eric is calling for me to watch it... despite my cries of telling them i can't! ahhh *torn*) so anyway... yeah... i'll be back here to rant after episode 3...

as for shirley's comments of episode 3... i'm sure after Haru's change... his feelings towards EH would not change because after all she is the woman that reminds him of his beloved mother... and she did give him that first K.I.S.S ^__________________^

Sorry for being off-topic.. oh my.. shirley & armanigurl better pull me back to reality ( these days, my attention span is getting shorter and shorter.. must be the effect of being on cloud 9 for too long).. hehe.. I guess I should get back to discussing this drama. I didn't get a chance to watch episode 3 yet.. but from the spoilers & translations of the generous people in this thread, I was able to understand the story line abit better. Here's some of my comments from episode 1 & 2.. :) I'm just gonna put it in yellow just in case it's spoilers for some who didn't get a chance to watch yet..

haha pulling mily2 back to reality ~ ^^

i was just toying with the thouhgts . wondering for this drama ...the Dr Park is going against what was god's will to make haru intelligent again ~ .there might be consequences to pay ~

that was a great post mily... I really enjoyed reading it :D

actually, i made a new year resolution to speak less in soompi this year :rolleyes: that was until i discovered this thread and all the glorious people in it... I just loved reading everyone's thoughts about this drama because it sends me back to the time I was watching MISA which was also an emotional stirring drama...

as for episode 3... i still havent watch it.... i think clubbox is having a bad day... i tried to download "neuk dae" and this drama off creidesca's clubbox but it won't budge ( shirl.. i'm gonna try "neuk dae" cos last night i dreamt about it... gahhh.. as if UTW and eric is calling for me to watch it... despite my cries of telling them i can't! ahhh *torn*) so anyway... yeah... i'll be back here to rant after episode 3...

as for shirley's comments of episode 3... i'm sure after Haru's change... his feelings towards EH would not change because after all she is the woman that reminds him of his beloved mother... and she did give him that first K.I.S.S ^__________________^

puhahah we really so soulmate .yesterday i was like watching KBS and MBC at the same time and then commenting to cutie i wonder if my soulmate is watching wolf . .kekek and what will be your reaction when u see that bra scene ..in Wolf ..to be honest ..er my attention span on that drama was abit shorten .( .at the last 20 min i decided maybe is best i wait for the subtitled version ~ .both the men were hot ..just UTW was bit too funnie .and eric was abit too corny haha okei la maybe i dont understand what they saying so ....er .well cannot really focus ~ ..but HJM i sense she a bit different ~ from recur .)

.i keep glancing back and seeing what happening to haru !~ . he seem to refuse to speak and has a different tempermental from before operation ? and then he actually shout at EH .once and later he sort of disappear .i think he went to do the windmill tree .and after that he seem to return to the old haru again but maybe with a higher IQ ? ...ohh and when haru was in a suit .haha i was thinking he look like someone who step out of saturday night fever ..he has a very a special feel about him ~ ...

ohhhh ..eH really look quite pretty in her evening dress ....

esp 4 preview : http://user.chol.com/~kues1/Hello/11123.wmv

Episode 3 was AWESOME! I absolutely loved the episode~! :)

At first, I wasn't really looking forward to seeing Haru's change...but right after I saw his change...it ALMOST felt as if he was still the old Haru we once known before...cept, he didn't speak and his attitude was very cold at first...but right after he opened his mouth to talk...the way he talked reminded me so much of the Haru I saw in episode 1 and 2. Appearance and speaking wise...he's the same...but mentally, he's smart.

I feel so sorry for EunHae though...right when something good is happening in her life...something bad pops up and she has to run away. Episode 4 preview kind of scared me for a second when Haru seemed like he was drunk...I almost thought the surgery was unsuccessful...but than after watching the other stuff in the preview...I knew it was just that scene...heh.

Lot of great scenes in episode 3. Haru looks cuter with his hair slightly shaped upwards. :)

I'll come back in here and post up some translations of a couple of my favorite scenes. :)

*Scene where Haru FINALLY speaks* (Episode 3)

E: This is really delicious. You want to eat it? Than say one sentence. 'I want to eat.' Hurry and say it. Than I'll give this all to you. If you say one sentence, I'll give you one scoop. If you say two sentences, I'll give you two scoops. Couple days ago, I went to (that place where Haru lived at). Everyone was wondering how you were. Dr.Jang...You know PilGoo...he still cleans your room. You are curious too, huh? You want to see how they are living, right? Right? So come on...stop being stubborn and lets talk. Huh? Taste this once...to see how good it is. Try it and just say: 'Oh, it's good', okay? You said that strawberry ice cream is your favorite thing in the whole wide world. If you say something, I'll give all of it to you. Are you going to keep being like this? I'm going to get mad. Stop being stubborn and open your mouth wide. Here~~~. Pick it up. Hurry and pick up the spoon. Makes you mad, huh? Makes you pissed, right? Than tell me that it does. I said speak. Why can't you speak? Why, why, WHY!? Did you just hit me? Why you a$$hole! A$$hole, now I had it. What is your problem? Why are you like this? Tell me why you are behaving like this you bastard! Are you stupid? Are you still a retard (?)? Why can't you speak, why? Why are you not speaking and behaving like a dumb a$$! For what reason! I said speak. There must be a reason for you to be like this. So tell me the reason! Speak to me, speak!

H: Lier! Lier, Lier, LIER!!!!

E: Lier?

H: That's right, a lier. EunHae teacher, you are a lier! You are not even a teacher and said you were. The things you said to me were all lies. You were also the one that stoled Dr.DongJae's wallet. Is it not? A lier! A swindler! I know everything now.

E: So what? That's right, I am a lier. I am a swindler. So what? Did I harm you in any way? Did I do anything wrong to you, you bastard!

H: You promised me! You promised. You even sweared that you will be with me if I become smart!

(H: If I become smart, are you going to stay with me forever? E: Of course. I would stay. Not only stay, but also do everything you tell me. Buy you candy and ice cream. Do everything, of course.)

H: Saying all that, where did you go? After the surgery/operation ended, why didn't you come? To become smart, I've read so many books. I studied so hard. You pinky sweared and even stamped on it! And you didn't come. You lier. EunHae teacher, you are a lier!

E: Okay, that's enough. Since you spoke, this is all yours.

^ thank you purpletiger86 for the spoiler~

awww ..i really want to watch episode 3!!!

no problem~:)

and here's one more. Enjoy~

*HaRu and EunHae's Scene*

E: I'll leave. I'll leave than, you bastard. You could have just told me to leave. You should have told me to get lost because you didn't want to see me. Than I would have just left without turn my back and say anything.

H: That's not it.

E: Even if you don't do this, I know that you are disappointed in me. That is why I'm leaving. I said I'm leaviing you bastard.

E: Let go.

H: Thats not it. That is...

E: Than what is it? Why did you suddenly disappear? Why?

H: I wanted to show this to you. I read a book. The day when the husband got out from prison, the wife tied a whole bunch of yellow handkerchief on a tree. Welcoming him for coming back. Being proud. The day when you came back...the truth was...I was happy. The reason why I yelled and got mad was because you wouldn't come. I took the surgery...I always waited, but you didn't show up. I was angry...so I just said random things. It's not true. So, please don't leave. I'm sorry. So, don't leave. Please?

E: Smile. I want to see you smile. It's the same. You look stupid like before.

H: I missed you so much. I thought I was going to die because I missed you.

*Scene where Haru FINALLY speaks* (Episode 3)

E: This is really delicious. You want to eat it? Than say one sentence. 'I want to eat.' Hurry and say it. Than I'll give this all to you. If you say one sentence, I'll give you one scoop. If you say two sentences, I'll give you two scoops. Couple days ago, I went to (that place where Haru lived at). Everyone was wondering how you were. Dr.Jang...You know PilGoo...he still cleans your room. You are curious too, huh? You want to see how they are living, right? Right? So come on...stop being stubborn and lets talk. Huh? Taste this once...to see how good it is. Try it and just say: 'Oh, it's good', okay? You said that strawberry ice cream is your favorite thing in the whole wide world. If you say something, I'll give all of it to you. Are you going to keep being like this? I'm going to get mad. Stop being stubborn and open your mouth wide. Here~~~. Pick it up. Hurry and pick up the spoon. Makes you mad, huh? Makes you pissed, right? Than tell me that it does. I said speak. Why can't you speak? Why, why, WHY!? Did you just hit me? Why you a$$hole! A$$hole, now I had it. What is your problem? Why are you like this? Tell me why you are behaving like this you bastard! Are you stupid? Are you still a retard (?)? Why can't you speak, why? Why are you not speaking and behaving like a dumb a$$! For what reason! I said speak. There must be a reason for you to be like this. So tell me the reason! Speak to me, speak!

H: Lier! Lier, Lier, LIER!!!!

E: Lier?

H: That's right, a lier. EunHae teacher, you are a lier! You are not even a teacher and said you were. The things you said to me were all lies. You were also the one that stoled Dr.DongJae's wallet. Is it not? A lier! A swindler! I know everything now.

E: So what? That's right, I am a lier. I am a swindler. So what? Did I harm you in any way? Did I do anything wrong to you, you bastard!

H: You promised me! You promised. You even sweared that you will be with me if I become smart!

(H: If I become smart, are you going to stay with me forever? E: Of course. I would stay. Not only stay, but also do everything you tell me. Buy you candy and ice cream. Do everything, of course.)

H: Saying all that, where did you go? After the surgery/operation ended, why didn't you come? To become smart, I've read so many books. I studied so hard. You pinky sweared and even stamped on it! And you didn't come. You lier. EunHae teacher, you are a lier!

E: Okay, that's enough. Since you spoke, this is all yours.

*HUGS SANDY* this is why i love watching a drama with u.... >__________________<

now i gotta go watch epi 3....

ps: shirl.. i'll reply u later in msn ;)

no problem~:)

and here's one more. Enjoy~

*HaRu and EunHae's Scene*

E: I'll leave. I'll leave than, you bastard. You could have just told me to leave. You should have told me to get lost because you didn't want to see me. Than I would have just left without turn my back and say anything.

E: Even if you don't do this, I know that you are disappointed in me. That is why I'm leaving. I said I'm leaviing you bastard.

E: Let go.

H: Thats not it. That is...

E: Than what is it? Why did you suddenly disappear? Why?

H: I wanted to show this to you. I read a book. The day when the husband got out from prison, the wife tied a whole bunch of yellow handkerchief on a tree. Welcoming him for coming back. Being proud. The day when you came back...the truth was...I was happy. The reason why I yelled and got mad was because you wouldn't come. I took the surgery...I always waited, but you didn't show up. I was angry...so I just said random things. It's not true. So, please don't leave. I'm sorry. So, don't leave. Please?

E: Smile. I want to see you smile. It's the same. You look stupid like before.

H: I missed you so much. I thought I was going to die because I missed you.

ohhhhh~~ .so that what he was saying ~and that moment when he finally speak~~ i was thinking why was he soooo angry at her !~

after this ..he went back and become the simling haru was back ~

did he really become more intelligent ?

thanks sandyyyy~~ ..hug~~ ...

Lot of great scenes in episode 3. Haru looks cuter with his hair slightly shaped upwards

he look so changed in a way .dont u feel it ~~ ...i was like staring at the scene .and figuring out what was the change ~

ps: shirl.. i'll reply u later in msn

haha ..ohhh soulmate will u forgive me if say that haru really look such a sexy man suddenly in esp 3 when he was not similing --;;///

*HUGS SANDY* this is why i love watching a drama with u.... >__________________<

now i gotta go watch epi 3....

ps: shirl.. i'll reply u later in msn ;)

hehe! Yeup...episode 3 is a must watch...I loved it so much that I watched it twice. Once by myself, and again with my mom! Call me crazy...but I won't have this much fun for long...so I must pile myself w/ K-dramas as much as I can...even if it's watching a drama twice in a row, lol.

And...I do like providing translations for a drama...and I will try to post up translations of a certain scene that I think is worth translating...and depending on my mood...I'll translate scenes by requests too.

ohhhhh~~ .so that what he was saying ~and that moment when he finally speak~~ i was thinking why was he soooo angry at her !~

after this ..he went back and become the simling haru was back ~

did he really become more intelligent ?

thanks sandyyyy~~ ..hug~~ ...

he look so changed in a way .dont u feel it ~~ ...i was like staring at the scene .and figuring out what was the change ~

np~

Well...to tell you the truth...HaRu really confused me...When he finally spoke...I thought he didn't change at all...according to how he spoke. He still reminds me of the old HaRu he was before when he talks...like I would have not imagined him saying stuff like: EunHae teacher/Lier/Pinky Swear...etc...I would have imagined him saying stuff like: 'SuhEunHae, you lied to me.' (Do you see what I mean?)

But according to ParkDongJae...his IQ is high and he's a fast learner...I believe that's what he said. DongJae told EunHae that he's mentally smart (High School level)...but his behavior and attitude is more on the Kids level.

So according to Park DongJae...it does make sense.

np~

Well...to tell you the truth...HaRu really confused me...When he finally spoke...I thought he didn't change at all...according to how he spoke. He still reminds me of the old HaRu he was before when he talks...like I would have not imagined him saying stuff like: EunHae teacher/Lier/Pinky Swear...etc...I would have imagined him saying stuff like: 'SuhEunHae, you lied to me.' (Do you see what I mean?)

But according to ParkDongJae...his IQ is high and he's a fast learner...I believe that's what he said. DongJae told EunHae that he's mentally smart (High School level)...but his behavior and attitude is more on the Kids level.

So according to Park DongJae...it does make sense.

ya .that was why i was puzzled .. he seem to be pretty much the same haru in behaviour and speech ~~ especially after he spoke ..but yet the operation seem to be a success . i know that perhaps for a person to have high IQ but still emotionally is like a kid .is possible ..like you see in Rain Man but i am not sure if that is the case for haru .........

(mily2 @ Jan 17 2006, 04:28 AM)

For example, I see that you're a die-hard fan of Bi, so A Love To Kill can be the best drama for you.. and I'm sure

you enjoyed it fully.. but if if Bi wasn't the main actor, and just judging from the story line alone,

I doubt that it would be as even popular or regarded as a "decent" drama.. or you would like it at all..hehe..

Sorry for being off-topic..

Anyone wanna share with me link to watch online??

(well Armani - that's in topic rite??)

Okay - girls don't hate please - please.. I just have to post this - my heart beg me to post this.. I don't want too..

dun shooh me away..... Yes Mily - yu should be SORRY for being off topic...........

Anyway - I just have to reply to Milly - I can't let this opportunity slip tru..

not when somebody actually ask me about IJUKSA ... Milly - you have yourself

to blame.. I am just replying to you I don't want to be rude to ignore

questions that thrown out to me.. (I see Armani looking for

her whip) .. Ahh I love talking in this thread - because - one thing

it's full of ppl I respect (I consider most of you that posted in this

thread are of the best soompi drama critics - and most of the time you gals

give good and objective review --- ..

Best drama?? What is best drama?? Is it a drama that is according to your

taste - or is it something that appealed to majority. What is more important

to you? Something that appeal to majority but you may not like it or

something that is to your taste and you love it soooo sooo much. To me it

has to be something that I like... people can say whatever they like - What more

important is -- ME, I and MY SELF :D - coz I am the one that would be

enjoying the drama.. My point is - best/good drama is subjective - no one is rite

or wrong when it comes to choice or taste...

Can I say you have no taste when you hate sushi... so just because I like shushi

- does it mean I have good taste??? - That is what I feel about good or bad drama..

What make a good drama ? (TO ME - Aishhh .. I hate that I need to express everytime

that I am talking about my feeling ^_^)

1. Story line/plot

2. Cast

4. Script

3. OST

5. Cinematography others aspect - is just a bonus point to me..

And why I like - make that LOVE IJUKSA - is of coz because of Bi. I can never run away from the

fact that I love IJUKSA and the main reason (one of it) is Bi and also the character Bok Gu -

Come on tell me - can anyone resist Bok Gu character if it is acted by you most loved actor??

A tough good looking K1 fighter, loyal - and then became a bodygaurd.. such intriguing profession

- very good in martial art.. - kendo.. whatever.. (eps 3), a knight in shining amour - How can one

resist that kind of character? and It's your most fav actor.

Get ready to puke - ^_^

The reason Biers think IJUKSA one of the best drama is because we love BI and when we love BI

- we would pay attention to every detail - to the smallest detail of IJUKSA, we "see" him

and BG .. we mesh with the story.. so everything seem real. The emotion the hurt would be

so real to those who love Bi and SMA. We ignore other element and we just

focus on the drama and BI (we will never compare it to MISA - even some

pointed out the similarity - It may have been but to most Biers, we watch with open mind)

and I guess that the reason we could enjoy IJUKSA..

And another thing that give bad repo to IJUKSA is the fact that it shares the same writer.

MISA is a very good drama (to most ppl in soompi) and to some it may have a sentimental

value - So Ji Sub did tremendously well in MISA. Everyone love SJS in MISA - and You know.. how

hard it is for IJUKSA rite - to live up to expectation. People expect it to be better

than MISA.. and those who are really hardcore MISA would just wait and see if IJUKSA

measured up to their most fav drama - so even a slightest similarity will make IJUKSA

some sort like a MISA wannabe (some actualy posted this - and this does not come from me).

Some even pick on BG style - some said Bi is SJS wannabe.. :lol: ... So that's the price

Bi has to pay for choosing to work with the writer that produced such great drama.

Like me - I would compare whatever drama that is in the same genre of FH. I will compare

every lively witty actor/ctress to SHK and Bi. Yes - as much as I hate to admit -

I do it too - sometime unconsciously...

(but I compare it secretly I dun post my comparison in any thread)...

How to really enjoy a story if I keep comparing? Like I did too chunyang .. I can't complete

it..(So that's the biggest problem I had after I'm hooked on one actor/drama). Last time I am more

like Armanigurl - I jump from one man to another. I never stay faithful. As long as he's good

and I love the character - he would be my man until the next drama comes along - I was Kim Rae Won

sweet heart before, I was once Jo hyun Jae GF, BYJ - endless list. I was a playah... I missed

those days - SO my advice - dun ever ever get addicted to a drama or an actor.. you will loose

so much..

And to answer your question...IF Bi is not BOK GU YES.. I WOULD STILL THINK IJUKSA A GOOD DRAMA

(at least better than recent popular drama - it would be a long list - which I won't do

as not to make other hate me).. and there's a catch to it.......

IF the actor is as GOOD as Bi in potraying KANG BOK GU...

Armani - sorry to contaminate this thread with IJUKSA stuff.. hope you gals would be objective

about it.. Please blame Milly for this outburst.. She asked me...I am just replying..

And this is just my opinion - which may not be rite.. feel free to tell me I'm wrong.. :P

That is if you ever reach this part...

So tonite - I can start a real discussion of Hello God... (heheh.. gonna watch tonite...)

ya .that was why i was puzzled .. he seem to be pretty much the same haru in behaviour and speech ~~ especially after he spoke ..but yet the operation seem to be a success . i know that perhaps for a person to have high IQ but still emotionally is like a kid .is possible ..like you see in Rain Man but i am not sure if that is the case for haru .........

Yeup~I like the writer for making HaRu like how he is even after the change. I was so worried that HaRu was going to be 180 degrees different. And the hug that he gave to EunHae...awww~~~The old HaRu would hug her by her waist...but the new HaRu hugged her around her shoulders...that's the DIFFERENCE, lol...of course there are more things that's changed...but that is one!

Archived