[Current Drama 2022 & 2024] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami - Streaming on Apple TV+ | Season 1 & 2

syntyche

Hey @madmad min long time no see!  

I watched ep 3 this afternoon.  I liked it a lot; more lighthearted than the somber ep 2 for the most part.   Until I was looking at X posts I forgot the opening with everyone trying to get out of Osaka.  Not everyone was as lucky as Sunja and her family.  Something struck me as I was watching; they sure had a  lot of stuff for a poor family.   I loved Hansu interacting with the 2 boys.  Mozasu is so cute:heart:  I also enjoyed the 1989 story this time with the beginnning of Solomon and Naomi's relationship.  

Wah, look how happy Hansu is watching his son.  

• Love 1

Long Time no see to you too @CarolynH my real life took over my love for typing in Soompi daily lol.

I want Solmon to win only because I have a soft heart for Sunja and Mozasu., I find him confused and irritating character most of time (cant blame him, watching your source of survival being exhausted day by day does make you go bonkers)...I was so happy the Hansu was happy being a pseudo dad to little Mozasu as well, else his helping Sunja is mostly because of Noa. As per books he doesnt have a son from his japanese wife.

Sunja and Hansu are star crossed lovers enefriends??? I dont know what, its complicated phrase is meant for them haha.

Also I want to see Kyunghee and Ahjussi do the deed, their hormones are too much hornymoning to avoid that ....

Also the fact that Hansu and Kyunghee looked and felt stark different to their characters from KING was so good to see, you wont be able to understand it the same set of actors there lol.

• Like 1

I enjoyed ep 4 quite a bit.  I saw some criticism that the transitions from 1945 to 1989 weren't smooth. 

What I liked

1. Hansu bringing Sunja's mom from Busan.  Sigh, is Hansu good or bad.  That scene says good.  It's very thoughtful of Hansu to spend his money to make Sunja happy.

2.  Hansu teaching Sunja how to drive.  Haha Sunja looked like the typical first time drive; hands strangling the steering wheel, sitting really close.  At first, I thought she was sitting on Hansu's lap, but I know she wouldn't do that.

3.  The Kiss!  Yeah, it's obvious they still have feelings for each other.  Hansu was a little insensitive when he asked how long Sunja will grieve for Isak.  He just died!

4.  Old Sunja scolding Solomon for telling Anna Sawai's character that she wasn't cutting the zucchini correctly

What I was meh about

1.  Some of the scenes with Solomon and Anna Sawai's character seemed unnecessary

What I'm intrigued about

1.  Why did old Sunja call oh boy I can't remember his name, the Japanese man from the grocery store.  He seemed happy to hear from her.  Why did she call him of all people?

Dang, the mother looks good doesn't she?  I'm sure she was young when she had Sunja, but shouldn't her face be more weathered working out in the sun.  They didn't have all the kbeauty products they have now :joy:

23 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I enjoyed ep 4 quite a bit.  I saw some criticism that the transitions from 1945 to 1989 weren't smooth. 

What I liked

1. Hansu bringing Sunja's mom from Busan.  Sigh, is Hansu good or bad.  That scene says good.  It's very thoughtful of Hansu to spend his money to make Sunja happy.

2.  Hansu teaching Sunja how to drive.  Haha Sunja looked like the typical first time drive; hands strangling the steering wheel, sitting really close.  At first, I thought she was sitting on Hansu's lap, but I know she wouldn't do that.

3.  The Kiss!  Yeah, it's obvious they still have feelings for each other.  Hansu was a little insensitive when he asked how long Sunja will grieve for Isak.  He just died!

4.  Old Sunja scolding Solomon for telling Anna Sawai's character that she wasn't cutting the zucchini correctly

What I was meh about

1.  Some of the scenes with Solomon and Anna Sawai's character seemed unnecessary

What I'm intrigued about

1.  Why did old Sunja call oh boy I can't remember his name, the Japanese man from the grocery store.  He seemed happy to hear from her.  Why did she call him of all people?

I've enjoy Episode 4 quite a bit as well. Love the acting from everybody in the cast, and I love the snippets of tender moment between Hansu and Sunja. These two people, who loves each other but are not right for each other. They each have their own value, and as much as they love each other, i could never imagine them getting married and do life together. Kudos to LMH and Min Ha kim, who are able to portray the complex feelings these two have. 

Also found the modern story (Solomon time) a bit underwhelming. Honestly, i want to see more of Mozasu in the modern time, I hope we get to in the next 4 episode. 

And wow!! I didn't expect the TV series would take Mr. Kim and Kyunghee story that far. In the book, it was obvious that Mr. Kim loves Kyunghee, but she is very loyal to her husband. Book version Kyunghee, would never do what TV Kyunghee did :). 

• Blob 1