[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

August 4, 2021

On August 4, Nell official YouTube channel uploaded a video of their drummer Jaewon in celebration of his birthday. RM’s voice heard in minute 3:11. They were working on “everythingoes.”

everythingoes” is a track from RM’s 2nd mixtape, mono.

Nell worked with RM on the song. RM and Kim Jong Wan are credited as producers on the track, while the Nell members played the music for the song.

Spoiler

December 8, 2018

Nell Shares Story Behind Working With BTS’s RM On His Solo Track

Nell shared some insights into the story behind the band’s collaboration with BTS’s RM.

On the December 7 episode of “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook,” Nell appeared as guests following the release of their recent album “Let’s Part.”

Host Yoo Hee Yeol mentioned how Nell has become “musicians of musicians,” as many popular artists are fans of their work. The band, and in particular Kim Jong Wan, have worked with several of these artists, with their “successful fans” including INFINITE’s Sunggyu, Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon, and members of Wanna One.

Recently, Nell also worked with BTS’s leader RM on the song “everythingoes” for his solo playlist titled “mono.” RM and Kim Jong Wan are credited as producers on the track, while the Nell members played the music for the song.

When Yoo Hee Yeol asked how Nell had come to work with RM, Kim Jong Wan replied, “He’s liked our music since a long time ago. He told us that he’d written a song and that while he was working on it, he had thought about Nell. I listened to it three or four times in a row. The song was really great, and I felt like I understood the feelings that went into its writing. So I said of course, let’s work together.”

Soompi

In May 2018, Nell mentioned RM and BTS in their YouTube Live

They chose RM as the coolest member of BTS. RM is also their bias. They also said that it was both fascinating and cool seeing BTS sing in Korean at the Billboard Music Awards.

Spoiler

Junghoon:  If 2-3 more foreigners enter, we’ll start thinking we’re BTS.

Jaewon:  RM.. RM.. RM.. RM..
Jaewon:  After our performance at Seoul Jazz festival, we talked about BTS and discussed who the coolest member is. We decided it’s RM, and chanted his name while we drank.

Junghoon:  He’s so good at English.

Jongwan:  There’s an ARMY here at our Label. You know how the BTS fanclub is called ARMY?
Jongwan:  So there’s one ARMY worker here. We’re RM biases. That person biases another member. So we kept chanting “RM” while we drank.
 :lol:

Source (1) (2)

August 20, 2021

Tiger JK appeared as a guest on “Studio Grr” show.

On the show, Tiger JK praising RM’s collab in ‘Timeless’ and stating how artists would’ve normally talked about themselves in this type of song while RM decided to praise Tiger JK, using the titles of Tiger JK’s previous tracks in his lyrics.

I never expected those lyrics. When you collaborate, you normally write about yourself, but he used the titles of my songs to write up those lyrics.  — Tiger JK

Source (1) (2)

RM’s verse:

Press Benjamin’s button with DT’s thumb
Moments passing from the tongue into the throat
I remember the guitar without its 6th string
The now memorable 8:45
Yeah remember art: it is what it is
Meaningless time that can inspire life
Like it or not, your life’s on display
For someone it may be a song that lasts a lifetime
To some a glass, to some a convenience store
To some a Northface that’s sold, it’s gone
You got what I’m sayin’
Your whole life was a damn concert
Whether you like it or not you raised another monster
This album be the last, but it will forever last
Things gon be a past, but fest post to be fast
Hope it for the best, but see you already blessed
All you spit was blast, so don’t you worry dad
You ain’t dead

Spoiler
On 8/9/2021 at 8:37 PM, bohmi said:

May 18, 2019

Tiger JK Talks About How BTS’s RM Surprised And Moved Him With His Lyrics For Their “Timeless” Collab

Tiger JK talked about how the lyrics RM sent him for their collaboration surprised and moved him on the May 17 broadcast of “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook.”

The list of collaborators on “Drunken Tiger X: The Rebirth of Tiger JK” is long, including artists such as Kim Jong Kook, Defconn, HaHa, Junoflo, Superbee, and many more.

Tiger JK said BTS’s RM, who featured on the song “Timeless,” was the first artist to join him on the album, and Yoo Hee Yeol asked why he teared up when he saw the lyrics RM wrote for his track.

Tiger JK said, “I asked [RM] to brag about what he’s been doing. I wanted him to brag and really show off, but he sent me lyrics that were an homage to Drunken Tiger. It was so moving, and I felt apologetic.”

On what he really liked about RM’s lyrics, Tiger JK said, “He wrote the lyrics using Drunken Tiger song titles. RM is ‘rap monster,’ and he wrote [something like] ‘The Tiger JK monster raised another monster.’ (The actual lyrics read, ‘Whether you like it or not, you raised another monster.’)”

Yoo Hee Yeol said, “That’s really the sign of ultimate respect,” and Tiger JK joked, “It really felt like a burden.”

He added, “I hoped people wouldn’t misunderstand and think that I asked him to write it this way. Since he’s doing so well right now.”

August 31, 2021

Book spotted in photo with BTS leader RM tops sales in South Korea

K-pop sensation BTS leader RM has unwittingly sent a book ― which has been out of print for almost 20 years ― to bestseller status in South Korea.

Kyobo Book Centre, the country's largest bookstore chain, said Monday the Korean-language book titled Dying Young, topped the art category in sales last week.

In a picture posted online on Aug. 10, RM was spotted reading the book, which is about the lives and works of 12 Korean artists who died young.

Afterward, BTS fans tried to purchase Dying Young to no avail, as the book has been out of print since 2003. Fans asked its publisher, Hyohyung Publishing, to reprint the book.

"At first, we were not sure whether to print the book again. But we opted to accept the request of BTS fans," Hyohyung representative Song Hyun-geun told UPI News Korea.

"It seems that we made the right decision because the book became a bestseller not only in Kyobo, but also in all other online bookstores. It's just amazing because I have never seen a case like this before," he said.

Hyohyung also received requests from overseas BTS fans to translate the book into English, but the publisher has no plans to do so, Song said.

RM is known to be an avid reader and has previously recommended books for his fans.

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

Spoiler
On 8/13/2021 at 10:33 AM, bohmi said:

A book will be re-produced after 10 years because of RM

The book RM was reading in the Memories of 2020 is “요절 (Early Death).” The writer is talking about 12 Korean genius painters who got native talents but who died young. This book was discontinued 10 years ago but it will be re-printed because of RM’s effect.  — Source (1) (2) (3)

NabizangBook Twitter post:

Hello, this is Hyohyung Publishing (NabizangBook is our brand). Thanks to RM & ARMYs, we decided to re-produced this book <Early Death> after 10 years of out-of-print. Pre-sale is in progress through Yes24 and other channels are also being prepared. We’d like to thank the fans and RM again.

On 8/13/2021 at 2:01 PM, bohmi said:

August 11, 2021

BTS RM’s pick <Early Death> gets reprinted after 20 years*…Author “It feels like new life has been breathed into my child”

*The article says 20 years cause the book was published first in 2002, but Nabizangbook’s tweet said 10 years.

BTS leader RM breathed new life into a book that was out of print 10 years ago.

On the 11th, publisher Hyohyung Book posted on social media, “Thanks to RM, our publishing company decided to reprint this book that’s 10 years out-of-print. Production will start today, so you can get it at the end of the month. We want to thank the fans and RM once again.”

The book “Early Death: Why Did Death Tempt Them” was written by professor Cho Yong-hoon from Cheongju National University of Education in 2002.

It’s about the lives and works of genius artists who died too young including scholar Yoon Du-seo known for his self-portraits in the Joseon era, painter Lee Joong-seop known for his modern Western paintings, and sculptor Ryu In.

The book is in the ‘BTS Memories of 2020’ DVD where eagle-eyed fans saw the book placed on the table while RM was eating. Fans started to ask about the book and the publisher decided to reprint the book on the 10th.

A Hyohyung Book official said, “I got an email asking if we’d be willing to reissue the book so I checked on social media, where it had become a hot topic, so we decided to reprint the book, which will be available as soon as the 25th.”

They added, “These days, it’s not easy to publish in-depth arts and humanities books, even if they’re good, because they’re ignored in bookstores. As an editor who wants to make good books, I’m so thankful to influential people like RM for reading the book and creating a buzz, I think it’s a very positive phenomenon.”

Professor Cho Yong-hoon (author) said, “It’s a strange feeling, it feels like a new life has been breathed into my child. My writing isn’t friendly or ‘soft’. It wasn’t a popular book 20 years ago and it’s already out-of-print, so I’m curious how RM got to know about it and find it to read. Using this as momentum, I hope this will increase interest in Korean artists among young people.”

RM especially has emerged as the most influential star in the Korean art industry. Visitors flock to the exhibits he’s visited and on his 27th (Korean age) birthday last year, he donated ₩100M to the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art.

Trans / Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

Posted on August 30, 2021.

Drawing of RM’s post (featured a Mimidar phone case) at the National Museum Shop in the National Museum of Korea

DtiaMWS.jpg

It reads:  The goods (merch) <referring to Mimidar products>, made with Blood Sweat & Tears came like a Spring Day and blew up like Dynamite  :joy:

Source (1) (2) (3)

7E7Gatb.jpeg

On 3/18/2021 at 5:27 PM, bohmi said:

March 16, 2021

RM’s phone case on this picture is from Mimidar’s Goryeo celadon series. The phone case is based on the traditional Korean celadon ceramics.

The brand (Mimidar) thanking RM for using their product. They describe the case as “The HIT item he used.”

Mimidar IG Post

“Thankfully, an artist who is promoting K-POP and Korean culture around the world, is using the Goryeo celadon case of MIMIDAR. We’ve been trying to introduce Korean traditions. So we appreciated everyone that participated in MIMIDAR’s effort.. ”

Mimidar IG Story

“Thank you, Your Highness”  2JFmL6N.jpeg

Source/Trans (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

RM Twitter Update 0901

#KkookieBirthdayCongrats

- The Principal -*

(T/N: *Jungkook referred to RM as ‘the principal’ in his VLive when talking about RM’s ending speeches at concerts.)

Because of that RM calling himself the principal :lol:

:lol::mrgreen:

Source (1) (2) (3)

On 8/31/2021 at 6:57 PM, bohmi said:

Book spotted in photo with BTS leader RM tops sales in South Korea

more online media reported this ^ news:dorashakes:

CTV News Calgary Canada

MSN US

Athens-Macedonian News Agency (AMNA) Greece

Spoiler

The Star Malaysia

ET (Economic Times) Panache India

The Huffington Post France

The Straits Times Singapore

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Edited by bohmi
add The Straits Times Singapore

#In_the_Soop  BTS ver. Season 2 Preview Photo

:love:

E-U8bP1VIAA6J1c?format=jpg&name=4096x409

September 2, 2021

RM appeared in one of the national French television channels, evening news M6 (Métropole Television).

News about how RM sent a book <Dying Young>, which has been out of print for almost 20 years to bestseller status in South Korea.

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

“Seoul Town Road (Old Town Road Remix)” — Lil Nas X (feat. RM)

July 25, 2019

Listen: BTS’s RM Features In Remix Of “Old Town Road” By Lil Nas X

BTS’s RM has surprised fans with a new song!

On July 24 (local time), American rapper Lil Nas X uploaded a remix of his record-breaking hit song “Old Town Road” to his official YouTube channel. The remix is titled “Seoul Town Road” and features BTS’s RM rapping an original verse to the song. Fans also noted that the purple horse in the cover art represents BTS!

Lil Nas X has uploaded multiple versions of “Old Town Road” with features from artists such as Billy Ray Cyrus, Diplo, Young Thug, and Mason Ramsey.

Check out the song below!

Source (1) (2) (3)

RM (BTS), Lil Nas X stir up the music world with 'Seoul Town Road'

The BTS leader introduced "Seoul Town Road" - a remix of the song "Old Town Road" which has been the global jam these days.

On July 25, through official SNS, RM (BTS) posted a photo with a caption introducing a new song: "Seoul Town Road with my Ho-Mi @LilNasX #oldtownroad17 #seoultownroad".

The posted photo is the screen capture of "Seoul Town Road (Old Town Road Remix) feat. RM of BTS" streaming on Apple Music. In this remix, RM featured in the chorus and rap part. Instead of singing "I'm gonne take my horse to the old town road" as in the original, the rapper changed it to "I'm gonna take my horse to the Seoul town road". In particular, his rap also mentions "homi" - a Korean gardening tool. The male idol has brought the South Korea pride and his own style to the song, bringing a whole new atmosphere.

"Old Town Road" is a country/hip hop song released by the Lil Nas X on Soundcloud in December 2018. It became a big global hit when climbing to the top of Billboard HOT 100, maintaining the crown for 16 weeks and so far has not been defeated by any rival.

RM is already a wide-known idol/producer when not only participating in BTS album production but also proved his ability in many collaborations with domestic as well as foreign artists. He took part in the song "Champion" of Fall Out Boy in 2017, then teamed up with Tiger JK in the song "Timeless" in Drunken Tiger's last album. In March this year, his second collaborative song with British EDM duo - "Crying Over You (feat. RM of BTS & BEKA)" - has been released.

Source (1) (2) (3)

BTS' RM, Lil Nas X team up for Seoul version of latter's Billboard-topping single

RM, the leader of K-pop boy band BTS, and American rapper Lil Nas X on Thursday released their collaboration, a Seoul version of the latter's Billboard chart-topping single.

"Seoul Town Road," released through global online music stores and streaming platforms, is a remix of the American musician's song "Old Town Road," which topped Billboard's Hot 100 single chart this week for the 16th week in a row, according to BTS' management agency Big Hit Entertainment.

RM wrote new English lyrics for the remix version and added his rap to the music, which was first released by Lil Nas X in December.

The collaboration was arranged at the suggestion of the U.S. rapper, according to Big Hit.

Source (1) (2)

Seoul Town Road (Old Town Road Remix)

Lw60lmy.jpg

7lr2PPK.jpg

YouTube MusicSpotifyGeniusWatersOnAirTwitter MomentsTwitter Moments BrasilJiminSony Music India96.5 TDYJeff BenjaminForbesSoompiVarietyPop CraveSBS PopAsiaBandwagon AsiaJJRyanOnAir103.7 Kiss FM (Chattanooga)BillboardRolling StoneiHeartRadioEntertainment WeeklyEntertainment TonightPitchforkConsequencePOPSUGARThe FaderNPR

Forbes

Spoiler

July 25, 2019

Lil Nas X Taps RM Of BTS For New 'Old Town Road' Remix, Essentially Secures History-Making Chart Record

With already 16 strong weeks at the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, Lil Nas X's "Old Town Road" was likely about to make U.S. music history...but just in case, he's brought in one of the world's biggest artists to secure the record.

The 20-year-old genre-crossing rapper has enlisted RM of BTS for the latest rendition of the former's inescapable "Old Town Road," this special remix titled "Seoul Town Road." The Korean band's leader delivers new verses to the country/hip-hop hit, singing about the his homies in the back, or more appropriately his "Ho-Mi's," as the pun-loving rapper shared in what's actually a cultural reference to his home country of Korea.

Notably, the new horse added to the artwork of this remix is purple, BTS' unofficial but representative color.

Boasting 16 weeks at No. 1, "Old Town Road" has tied the singles record currently owned by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men's "One Sweet Day" that was tied in 2017 by Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber's "Despacito." With this new remix boasting a feature from a band with the world's most digitally connected and supportive fanbase, also known as BTS' A.R.M.Y., this is essentially the final push Lil Nas X would need to secure the record.

Source (1) (2)

SBS PopAsia

Spoiler

July 25, 2019

BTS' RM features on Lil Nas X "Old Town Road" remix

This time it's Seoul Town Road!

BTS' RM has made a surprise appearance on a Lil Nas X remix!

In a new version of Lil Nas X's hit track "Old Town Road", now fittingly titled "Seoul Town Road", BTS' leader sings the opening refrain and also drops a rap verse in English.

The track dropped with no prior announcement making it all the more surprising! Lil Nas X has shot to fame with "Old Town Road", which has been a global hit, including in Australia where it's held the No.1 spot on the ARIA's Singles Chart for 13 weeks running.

Source: SBS PopAsia

Entertainment Tonight

Spoiler

July 24, 2019

Lil Nas X Teams Up With BTS' RM for New Remix 'Seoul Town Road'

If you though Lil Nas X's collaboration with Billy Ray Cyrus was an amazing team-up, wait until you hear the artist's team-up with BTS's RM!

The rapper dropped the new remix on Thursday night, which the pair renamed "Seoul Town Road" in reference to the South Korean capital city of Seoul, where BTS first came together.

The new remix track is slightly shorter than Lil Nas X's original version -- or his remix with Cyrus -- coming in at just under two minutes. However, the version features RM delivering one of the main verses of the tune, and the singer and rapper absolutely kills it.

Many fans -- who are undoubtedly largely made up of BTS's devoted ARMY -- couldn't help but praise RM for his surprisingly good Southern twang that he manages to infuse in his English-language verse, and there was a whole lot of love for the new take on the now super-hit track.

Source: Entertainment Tonight

popsugar.

Spoiler

July 25, 2019

Lil Nas X Teams Up With BTS's RM For "Seoul Town Road" — How Did We Not See This Coming?

In today's "Old Town Road" remix news, Lil Nas X has teamed up with RM from K-pop boy band BTS to create "Seoul Town Road." Honestly, the name is so genius, we're disappointed in ourselves for not thinking of it sooner.

The remix, which dropped on Thursday, is subtle, so you'd be forgiven for missing the slight difference in lyrics that has us giggling with joy. The obvious change is any mention of "Old Town Road" being swapped for "Seoul Town Road," but our favorites are the lines, "I got the horses in the back, Horse tack is attached, Hat is matte black," being changed to, "I got the homis in my bag, have you heard of that? Homis made of steel, from Korea, they the be-e-est." In case you don't know (we sure didn't), a homi is a Korean farming tool that's similar to a hand-plow.

Needless to say, Twitter is going wild for this remix, lapping up the perfect combination of catchiness and hilarity, as well as being in awe of the fact RM so seamlessly adopted a Southern twang while singing the English lyrics.

Source: popsugar.

more articles:

BillboardElite DailySPINNMEVultureHollywood ReporterVarietyMTVXXL MagazineHypebeastHot New Hip HopTIMERefinery29The National NewsCNNUSA TodayMetro UKIndependent UKVogueDazedPop CrushBustlePeopleJust JaredMashable IndiaTeen Vogue

July 25, 2019

RM and Lil Nas X release 'Seoul Town Road'

Source: Netizen Buzz

1. [+628, -20] The song is so good!!

2. [+565, -21] So cool ㅠㅠ finally some good news

3. [+503, -18] His vocal tone is perfect for it, he has such a great voice

4. [+45, -3] RM's voice is a treasure... I'd want to marry if him if I had been born a woman

5. [+43, -1] The reason this is so amazing is that if the original song stays at #1 for one more week, it can beat Billboard's longest standing #1 record. That's why Lil Nas X keeps releasing remixes, to keep his spot. His last hidden card was BTS ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ that alone shows how influential BTS is ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+37, -2] BTS doing their job as Seoul promotional ambassadors ㅋㅋ even promoted Seoul with the song title alone.

7. [+33, -0] He gets to promote Seoul, we get to listen to an RM collab, great idea all around

8. [+30, -0] The witty play with words ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ very fun to listen to

9. [+29, -0] The song is perfect for RM's voice, it's so good ㅎㅎㅎ

10. [+26, -0] Wow, very cool to see Seoul in a song title like this

BTS' RM's "Seoul Town Road" Remix Verse Is Lyrically Genius, OK?

Teen Vogue

But it is precisely RM’s own verse that’s garnering the most attention. In it, the rapper sings about his “homis” — not to be confused with "homies." From Hangul “호미,” a homi is a traditional Korean hand plow and, according to Quartz, the “it” gardening tool of spring 2019. A wordplay in true RM fashion.

TIME

Dubbed “Seoul Town Road” as a nod to South Korea’s capital, the catchy new reworking features RM rapping fresh new lyrics like, “I got the homis in my bag/Have you heard of that?/Homis made of steel, from Korea, they the be-e-est.”

Since a homi is a Korean hand plow, this line not only works as a reference to the original “homies in the back” lyric, but also plays into the song’s country theme. Pure genius.

Refinery29

RM of BTS' "Seoul Town Road Remix" is a clever take on Lil Nas X's viral hit.

BTS' leader and rapper RM hopped on Lil Nas X's "Old Town Road" to create the latest and most creative interpretation: "Seoul Town Road."

In RM's verse — “I got the homis in my bag / Have you heard of that? / Homis made of steel from Korea / They the best” — he uses the Korean word "ho-mi," which is the name for a gardening tool. It's also a clever homophone for the English word "homie."

Metro UK

We’re loving the ‘homi’ reference – not only does it sound like ‘homie’, but it’s adding to the country theme as a ‘homi’ is a Korean hoe or hand plow made of steel.

Bustle

... and proving that he (RM) has an impressive country accent. Lil Nas X takes over from there, before RM comes back with a verse of his own, rapping primarily in English, but sneaking in some clever Korean vocabulary: “I got the homis in my bag / Have you heard of that? / Homis made of steel from Korea / They the best.”

Unlike what some fans might be thinking, "Homis" does not translate to "homie" in English. It's actually a common gardening tool used in South Korea, according to Variety. Turns out that RM can truly get country, making "Seoul Town Road" perhaps the first example of K-country-pop. Or K-country-rap.

Spotify

#RM of BTS as broken the record for MOST STREAMS in a single day for a solo Korean act on Spotify Global and Spotify US!

All eyes are on RM following #SeoulTownRoad. A US rep for the group states, “RM is rising in the ranks when it comes to ppl Western acts want on their song.”

Spoiler

RM ranked 1st for Korean soloist with the most monthly listeners in Spotify, with a total of 7,849,965. RM held the record for almost two years (August 2019 - March 2021).

RM is still rank 1st for a male Korean soloist with the most monthly listeners in Spotify (7,849,965).

UTFkRIW.jpg

Grammy

Seoul Town Road marked the BTS’ first-ever GRAMMYs performance. Thanks to RM.

Radio

#Top10 Most Played Songs of the Week on #CityFM89! (Pakistani radio station)

7. Seoul Town Road by Lil Nas X, RM

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)