[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

July 26, 2021

From SBS FiL “아수라장” which will be broadcast on July 27 at 11 p.m. KST.

Actress Lee Se Eun said she’s an ARMY. Her favorite member is V. She also mentioned RM.

Lee Se Eun said, “Among the BTS members, RM seems to be very interested in the environment. Thanks to ‘fangirl’, I found out that RM wore a bag made from scrap car leather seats, it’s colorful and durable. It was so good.”

Source (1) (2) (3)

November 10, 2017

The CEO of MoreThan <CONTINEW> (the company that makes recycled/eco-friendly backpacks) found out RM uses their bag through articles and was surprised that the “world top class” celebrity showed support and interest in their social & environmental efforts.

Since RM posted the photo of him wearing the MoreThan <CONTINEW> backpack, the company is flooded with orders and struggling to keep up with demand.

To show thanks to RM and the support following his post, MoreThan <CONTINEW> is planning to have a 25% discount on this item until the end of the year.

Source (1) (2) (3)

The company also named the bag as RM’s backpack. See the company profile here.

tumblr_oz6pgzVIpm1w15kmho2_540.png

Spoiler

tumblr_oz6pgzVIpm1w15kmho3_500.png

tumblr_oz6pgzVIpm1w15kmho4_540.png

March 11, 2018

BTS' RM's backpack maker ends fundraising in success

CONTINEW, a social enterprise known as the maker of BTS' RM's backpack, has successfully completed a crowdfunding event, according to SK Innovation, one of the startup's sponsors, Sunday.

The company which makes bags and wallets using waste materials from cars raised 43.4 million won ($40,000) within 40 days, 14 times more than its initial goal.

Its products have been in the spotlight, since BTS leader RM posted a photo of himself carrying the company's backpack during his trip to Europe with his family on his social media.

Other Korean entertainers, such as Kim Saeng-min and Kang Ho-dong, also carried the social enterprise's bags in their TV shows, so the products have been regarded as the items symbolizing celebrities' ethical consumption.

Plus, SK Group Chairman Chey Tae-won displayed a CONTINEW backpack to emphasize the importance of social value, during the Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum at Yonsei University in Seoul last month, which was attended by former U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and Alibaba Group Chairman Jack Ma.

Chey mentioned CONTINEW as a successful model for social enterprises.

Spoiler

Internet users, who participated in the fundraising event, received card cases, women's wallets, shopper bags, messenger bags and backpacks made by CONTINEW, depending on the amount of their donations.

Last October, the company raised $10,000 in 14 hours as well, after registering one of its bags on Kickstarter, the world's largest crowdfunding platform.

Established in 2015, CONTINEW has achieved remarkable growth with support from the domestic conglomerates, including SK Innovation, LG and Kia Motors.

According to CONTINEW, about a half of the company's employees are North Korean defectors and South Korean women who had lost their jobs after pregnancies and childbirth.

Source: The Korea Times

eAeon - “Don’t” (ft. RM)

Interview | May 14, 2021

When asked about Don’t’s #1 on the BB World Digital Song Sales chart, eAeon said, “I’m still in disbelief. It seems like I’m in some weird setting in a fantasy movie, or I entered some strange universe. Can’t believe eAeon got #1 on a BB chart.” He seemed a bit embarrassed while saying that.

The relationship between eAeon and RM who calls him ‘a hyung who he loves and respects’ is especially close. eAeon previously featured on ‘badbye,’ a track on RM’s 2nd mixtape released in 2018. “Without a doubt, this is thanks to Namjoon and BTS’ influence. I’m thankful to the ARMY for just liking my music but I’m surprised everyday because of the scale that I could never have imagined.”

However this wouldn’t have been possible without the power of music itself. Various feedback via DMs is proof. One German fan said her baby falls asleep every night by using eAeon’s album as a lullaby. He said, “I realized the power of music again. It’s still fascinating that music can go beyond the language barriers and reach people who are of completely different cultures and societies.”

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

sqwfBgJ.jpg

Interview | May 17, 2021

“I saw a lot of the word ‘bop’ in the comments, so I looked for it myself and it means ‘a song that I like and listen to over and over again.’ I think it is the power of music that can be loved by people of different cultures and languages.”

The influence of the person featured in the song also played a part in why the song suddenly became so popular. RM, the leader of BTS participated in not only writing and composing lyrics, but also as a featuring vocal. eAeon said, “While preparing the album, I asked RM to do it with me, and he gladly accepted, so we worked on the title song together.” The two have been friends for a long time, with eAeon featuring on ‘badbye,’ a track on RM’s mixtape mono. released in 2018.

So how did their friendship begin? eAeon said, “Five years ago, our friendship started when RM sent me a DM on Twitter saying he liked my music and would like to, someday, meet me. That’s how we started our friendship.”

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

In a recent VLive, RM said he tended to meet eAeon 2-4 times a year.

July 27, 2021

BTS cover the poignant ‘I’ll Be Missing You’ by Puff Daddy, Faith Evans, 112 / Sting on BBC Radio 1

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3)

Namjoon changed some of the lyrics from the original.

• “goes out to everyone that has lost someone” → “goes out to everyone that can’t see someone
  • “the night they took my friend” → “the night they took my chance”
  • “give anything to hear half your breath → “give anything to see half your face”
  • “I know you still living your life after death” → “I know we’re still living our lives after this”

Puff Daddy

Yeah, this right here (tell me why)
Goes out to everyone that has lost someone
That they truly loved (c’mon, check it out)

In the future, can’t wait to see
If you open up the gates for me
Reminisce some time, the night they took my friend (uh-huh)
Try to black it out, but it plays again
When it’s real, feelings hard to conceal
Can’t imagine all the pain I feel
Give anything to hear half your breath (half your breath)
I know you still living your life, after death

RM

Yeah, this right here
Goes out to everyone that can’t see someone
That they truly loved (check it out)

In the future, can’t wait to see
If you open up the gates for me
Reminisce some time, the night they took my chance
Try to black it out, but it plays again
When it’s real, feelings hard to conceal
Can’t imagine all the pain I feel
Give anything to see half your face
I know we’re still living our lives, after this

Spoiler
On 12/26/2020 at 9:39 PM, bohmi said:

RM Changed His Lyrics During SBS Gayo Daejeon 2020 Performance.

Life Goes On

• “looks like it’s going to rain again today”  to  “looks like it’s going to snow today”
  • “I guess I’m only human after all”  to  “I guess I’m a snowman

Dynamite

• “ladies and gentlemen, I got the medicine...”  to  “ladies and gentlemen, I got the snowman...”

Rafranz Davis : “I love the way that Namjoon acknowledged the original ‘I’ll Be Missing You’ and its purpose before the song started.”

Namjoon explained the reason they chose ‘I’ll Be Missing You’ → (1) (2) (3)

July 27, 2021

#BTSOnRadio1LiveLounge

RM talked about British painter, William Turner and he could see lots of Turner’s works at The National Gallery in London. He felt his dream came true.  Source (1) (2)

RM visited National Gallery in London in 2019.

National Gallery’s tweets:

iBCvCNj.jpg Today we learnt that RM’s favourite artist is J.M.W Turner!

And here’s a Turner that shows some Forever Rain   *(Forever Rain is RM’s solo song)

Adele Roberts (DJ of BBC Radio 1) quoted the National Gallery’s tweet related to RM’s favourite artist while saying → I iBCvCNj.jpg this! Me & Kate Holderness visited so we could stand in RM’s footsteps :love: and admire the art of course! Haha!

Kimbell Art’s tweets:

Hey BTS – we heard on BBCR1 that RM’s favorite artist is J.M.W. Turner!

Pssst @BTS_twt @bts_bighit @BTSW_official – can you show these Turner paintings to RM?

Source (1) (2) (3)

#BTSatRadio1  #BTSLiveLounge

Adele Roberts’ tweets:

*pitches new documentary to the BBC*  ‘Namjooning with Namjoon’

Can we actually make this a thing? Who would like to see a TV show about “Namjooning”?! With actual Namjoon?! Can you imagine?! iBCvCNj.jpg I’m in!

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

16 hours ago, bohmi said:

July 27, 2021

BTS cover the poignant ‘I’ll Be Missing You’ by Puff Daddy, Faith Evans, 112 / Sting on BBC Radio 1

And shoutout to BTS for the amazing rendition.

+++ another shoutout to RM for doing such a flawless job with such a classic verse npGa3uz.jpg

H6CANYW.gif

KFUOCBu.gif

Source (1) (2) (3)

July 25, 2021 | 104.7 KISS FM:

Yeah i’ll be spending the rest of my weekend just staring at this photo...Please don’t text or call.

#RM  #namjoon  #btsnamjoon

July 27, 2021 | 103.5 KISS FM:

THIS is the picture I needed to see today! Di9PQL7.jpgiBCvCNj.jpg

#TAEHYUNG #JHOPE and #RM are so ADORABLE!!

Source (1) (2)

June 10, 2021

Kim Namjoon: Meet the Brilliant Man Leading BTS to World Music Domination

RM is the leader and force behind BTS. He started this band and built it into a global phenomenon and the success that it is today. Starting with his own talents as writer, producer, and performer, and building it into the biggest band in the world.

I believe there is no greater mastermind in this modern age of music, visual arts, and creative genius than Kim Namjoon.

Each BTS member received hate mail or the equivalent of this and the one member to receive the majority of these attacks was their leader, RM.  (but this is very true) :confounded::rage:

RM has already been writing for and doing collaborations with other artists. He will continue to be in demand within the music industry, both with BTS and as a solo artist, for the duration of his life. All doors within the music industry will be open to him and he will have the flexibility to pick and choose which projects he would like to do.

I expectantly await to see what Kim Namjoon does next. Whether it is writing new lyrics, posting a selfie for our enjoyment, mandatory military services, or whatever business endeavor he chooses to become a part of. His future will be glorious and I cannot wait to see where he goes and what he continues to create.

Article written by: Jennifer Schadel

Read the full article here / Source (1) (2)

In 2017

RM : I should be thankful to my parents’ DNA?

RM : My height, proportions, skin, and hands... thank you for giving me such a nice sounding voice. There’s a lot I want to thank my parents’ DNA.

then Suga & V said,

Suga : Rap Mon’s height..
V : Rap Mon hyung’s brain..
Suga : With just these two... can conquer the world.
V : Honestly, that’s right.. (laugh) :joy:
Suga : What a shame..
V : What a shame..

April 2020

When Korea Now sat down with Park Yangwoo, the Korean Minister of Culture, Sports, and Tourism, the interviewer was very surprised to learn that he’s a true ARMY.

The Korea Now interviewer spent much of the video talking about the impact of BTS on Korean culture. Naturally, she also asked Minister Park Yangwoo if he knows much about BTS himself. The Minister was quick to say he’s definitely an ARMY and has listened to “ON”, “Boy With Luv”, and “Fake Love” a lot.

But to be sure he’s a true ARMY, the interviewer had to quiz him first. She brought out several photos of BTS and asked Park Yangwoo to guess who they were, seemingly expecting him to struggle with the test. But the Minister defied all expectations.

As soon as he saw RM’s photo, he knew exactly who it was.

“Yes, I think all the people around the world know his name. He is the leader, RM. We have to know about him.”

— Park Yangwoo, Minister of Culture

Interviewer : On my hand, I have the photos of seven members of BTS and you will have to guess their names. Well, the first guys is.. (showed a photo)

Minister Park Yangwoo : Yes, I think all the people around the world know his name. He is the leader RM. We have to know about him.

Interviewer : Yeah, the leader of BTS, RM.

Source (1) (2) (3)

BTS “Butter” album photocards

E7QlTF9WEAIUpai?format=jpg&name=large

July 29, 2021

Colorful Daegu tweeted about RM who went to Daegu Art Museum to see Lee Kunhee Collection Special exhibition ‘Welcome Home.’

Source (1) (2)

July 29, 2021

To celebrate Louis Vuitton’s 200th birthday, the windows of the brand’s stores will be filled with trunks, the pieces that Vuitton founded his company on, designed by 200 people. Contributors include BTS, Drake and Gloria Steinem.  Source (1) (2)

Letter ‘LV’ with brown color is RM’s design.

merlin_191131050_56ed25b6-d022-4e7d-bca2

July 30, 2021

The wooden Moonchild Totem for BTS RM that’s part of the Seven Phases exhibit on at HYBE Insight.

Spoiler
On 6/25/2021 at 11:46 AM, bohmi said:

RM is Moonchild

James Jean made characters and stories based on the members’ nicknames and personalities.

‘Moonchild’ → inspired by RM’s owl-like propensity to work at night, it is expressed as a creature with wings.

ufM0rTT.jpeg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

RM Weverse Update | July 29, 2021 :selfie:

918egFV.jpg

Spoiler

tJXLqPN.jpg

These selfies were taken in 2020 (from Esquire Magazine photoshoot).

Source (1) (2) (3)

RM Weverse Update | July 30, 2021 :selfie:

rsttzT3.jpg

Spoiler

Uk87KJB.jpg

Source (1) (2)

zuooszD.jpg

INTERVIEW
RM: “I hope I’m on my way somewhere”
BTS Butter album release interview

There are two gears in his life that RM shifts between: when he has to pick up speed as the leader of a worldwide hit-making group, and when he makes his way back home and slowly cracks open some artist’s catalogue. Let’s take a look at the time in between, at the young artist’s journey to seek out his own canvas.

There’s a part in the lyrics where you say, “When you’re happy, it makes you sad.” I imagined you riding your bike and contemplating your life.

RM: My feelings kind of go to extremes whenever I ride my bike. My personality used to run to both extremes sometimes, but it also comes back to me again on its own when I ride a bike. When I ride my bike, I’m free from the pressure of the things I’m supposed to feel and think about. I don’t care if people recognize me, and that’s the closest I get to feeling free, mentally and physically :(—when I’m riding fast and feeling like I’m up on a cloud.

3qi3mLd.jpg

You’re featured on eAeon’s “Don’t,” which boasts impressive lyrics as well—lyrics that start with the color of waves and end with an image of pebbles. It seem like it’s your interest in art that allows you to keep developing such visual images.

RM: I can’t say for sure, but it’s likely a strong reflection. I had seen an article where an artist said that pebbles are the perfect form: a rock worn down over and over in a series of incidents and coincidences, made into some round shape in the end. It said the artist collected pebbles for a long time, saying pebbles are so perfectly smooth without any edges, although they’re neither perfect circles nor ovals. Also, I absolutely love Lee Qoede. I saw a quote in a book about his art: “Let’s become entangled. Let us stand united. Let’s not argue. And let’s become pebbles in the new leadership narrative of my country.” He wrote it in a letter while he was working during the country’s liberation period. I thought it was, what, a very modern way to express things, for someone who lived through the chaotic political circumstances of 1948 to want to become a pebble. I felt like his words still have meaning—like they live on. I guess those two artists’ use of the word “pebble” made a very lasting impression on me.

I was impressed how the relatively large waves give way to the image of small pebbles, and then you end the flow with lyrics like, “Don’t take that name away, the one only you know,” and “I hate being just any wildflower,” about a small presence that is defined by others.

RM: Yes, it was fun. I once thought how people’s relationships are like crashing waves, and I think that mixed together with my thoughts about pebbles and it came out all at once. There’s a sentence I wrote down a long time ago while I was thinking by the sea. I thought, Is there any color in the waves? When people talk about waves crashing in, what waves are they talking about? The blue waves, or the white waves? I went completely overboard with emotion when I was thinking that (laughs) but again, that’s just me. So I wrote this one sentence—“I wonder what color the waves are”—and listened to the music eAeon gave me, and it sounded to me like fog rolling over the ocean. It was really easy to start writing the lyrics since the sensory perception of that sentence overlapped with what he gave me. It was a so-called “aha moment” (laughs) and whenever that happens, the lyrics come out of me all at once. It only took about an hour and a half to write the lyrics. I thought of more lyrics later on, but I ended up sticking with the first ones.

What are you looking for that you’re thinking that much?

RM: In the end, it’s really important for me to ask about who I am, and I want to express who I found myself out to be, but I’m having a really difficult time because I don’t know if what I found is right. So for now, “Bicycle” is also the result of collecting the selves I found who I think represent the best of me. Even while making a song like “Bicycle,” I have to convey—how do I put this? It’s just about me, this kid from outside the big city—an essence that I can’t get rid of, I guess. I can’t let go of the kid who used to perform in Hongdae. :( It’s not really something I want to express or hold onto; it’s my essence, so I don’t really have a choice. (laughs)

QtkWKZA.jpg

Spoiler

8AyM5YZ.jpg

Read the whole interview here :thumbsup:

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

July 30, 2021

8 BTS Songs to Listen to If You Want to Better Understand the South Korean Band Global Success by GQ France

7XWYlHm.jpeg

Intro: Persona

The track ‘Intro: Persona’ mention the intimate reflection of the rapper and leader of BTS, RM, who questions his true identity. As for the music video, we can see different aspects of RM’s personality: rapper, student, artist, and spokesperson — many parts of himself that he gradually learns to love and embrace.

‘Intro: Persona’ is the only BTS solo song on the list.

GQ France writer said “Intro: Persona is such a deep and interesting song, I had to put it.”

Source (1) (2) (3)