[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

August 9, 2021

In BTS’ Zoom Fanmeeting, RM said BTS watched the Olympics. RM then gave a shoutout to Kim Yeon Koung, captain of the South Korea women’s national volleyball team.

Spoiler

Later, Kim Yeon Koung retweeted 2 clips of RM and BTS showing support for her and the South Korea’s national team.  :glasses:

VolleyBall World Official Twitter also retweeted the video.  :thumbsup:

3fe1WF7.jpg

In 2018, Kim Yeon Koung was asked about her favorite idol group and her favorite member from that group.

Kim Yeon Koung said that she was not familiar with today’s idol groups but she was able to remember one. It was BTS.

When asked who her favorite is, she said she doesn’t know. The interviewer asked if it was V but she said she doesn’t know, but it was the guy who spoke at the UN because he was so cool. (The guy is RM) :lol:

© LemonamuRM

IMwyHJf.jpg

I think she didn’t know BTS members name at the time. :)

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

On 8/3/2021 at 6:46 PM, bohmi said:

“Sold out books to long lines at exhibits ... If RM comes by, it becomes a hit”

Another one :)

A book will be re-produced after 10 years because of RM

The book RM was reading in the Memories of 2020 is “요절 (Early Death).” The writer is talking about 12 Korean genius painters who got native talents but who died young. This book was discontinued 10 years ago but it will be re-printed because of RM’s effect.  — Source (1) (2) (3)

Hyohyung Publishing Instagram post:

lL8xGa4.jpg

BTS RM’s choice, <Early Death>

“Early Death” is a story of genius artists who endure painful moments and sublimate them into art.

RM put this book on the table and ate some food in <BTS Memories of 2020> video. How did he get this book?

RM went beyond the prejudice of an idol singer and became an artist who resonates with the times. Let’s listen to the story of an artist who lived a fiery life!

✔sales
Now <Early Death> is being re-produced. Pre-sale is in progress through Yes24. RM and ARMY, thank you.

NabizangBook Twitter post:

Hello, this is Hyohyung Publishing (NabizangBook is our brand). Thanks to RM & ARMYs, we decided to re-produced this book <Early Death> after 10 years of out-of-print. Pre-sale is in progress through Yes24 and other channels are also being prepared. We’d like to thank the fans and RM again.

“It is crazy that a book that went out of print 10 years ago because of lack of demand is being reprinted again because Namjoon was reading it. His impact is INSANE.” — nyamjooner

Not only in art but also in music :)

On 10/5/2020 at 8:03 PM, bohmi said:

June 19, 2017

Rapmon said on Yangnamja show that he really liked Nu'est “Hello” last February. He also said that he wished “Hello” would climb up the charts.
At that time, the song climbed up to Melon's real time #1 and Kim Jonghyun went on Instagram to thank BTS.

“Nu'est's Hello, It's seriously a song that I like, I really hope that the song climbs up the charts.”

post response:
[+759][-29]

I'm an army and I remember really liking the song when I listened to it ㅇㅇ I still remember how it went on the real time charts of Melon when Rapmon mentioned it. I remember Jonghyun supporting Spring day on his SNS too

Ah right, I remember Rapmon mentioning it and wartortle took a screenshot of Melon and thanked himㅋㅋ

I'm going out of topic but Kim Namjoon is fascinatingㅋㅋㅋㅋWhen Hyuk Oh released Wing Wing and Zion T released Yanghwa bridge, he said that it would become the trend and it actually became the trendㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋHe has sharp eyes..

Seriously don't all the songs that Rapmon recommend always hit big? Even for Hyuk Oh

(Source)

Indie Duo Alexander Jean Thanks BTS’s RM After Their Song Tops Korean Music Chart

On 2/16/2021 at 9:44 PM, bohmi said:

February 16, 2021

#GeniusCharts | Upon RM’s recommendation, “아름다운 것 (Beautiful Thing)” by indie rock band, Sister’s Barbershop (언니네 이발관) sees a huge rise in pageviews and hits #1 on K-Rock chart in Genius Korea!

Daejeong, one of Sister’s Barbershop member, quoted Genius Korea’s tweet related to 아름다운 것 (Beautiful Thing)’s rise in charts while thanking RM for having shared the song through his recent Weverse.

10 hours ago, bohmi said:

A book will be re-produced after 10 years because of RM

^ The article

August 11, 2021

BTS RM’s pick <Early Death> gets reprinted after 20 years*…Author “It feels like new life has been breathed into my child”

*The article says 20 years cause the book was published first in 2002, but Nabizangbook’s tweet said 10 years.

BTS leader RM breathed new life into a book that was out of print 10 years ago.

On the 11th, publisher Hyohyung Book posted on social media, “Thanks to RM, our publishing company decided to reprint this book that’s 10 years out-of-print. Production will start today, so you can get it at the end of the month. We want to thank the fans and RM once again.”

The book “Early Death: Why Did Death Tempt Them” was written by professor Cho Yong-hoon from Cheongju National University of Education in 2002.

It’s about the lives and works of genius artists who died too young including scholar Yoon Du-seo known for his self-portraits in the Joseon era, painter Lee Joong-seop known for his modern Western paintings, and sculptor Ryu In.

The book is in the ‘BTS Memories of 2020’ DVD where eagle-eyed fans saw the book placed on the table while RM was eating. Fans started to ask about the book and the publisher decided to reprint the book on the 10th.

A Hyohyung Book official said, “I got an email asking if we’d be willing to reissue the book so I checked on social media, where it had become a hot topic, so we decided to reprint the book, which will be available as soon as the 25th.”

They added, “These days, it’s not easy to publish in-depth arts and humanities books, even if they’re good, because they’re ignored in bookstores. As an editor who wants to make good books, I’m so thankful to influential people like RM for reading the book and creating a buzz, I think it’s a very positive phenomenon.”

Professor Cho Yong-hoon (author) said, “It’s a strange feeling, it feels like a new life has been breathed into my child. My writing isn’t friendly or ‘soft’. It wasn’t a popular book 20 years ago and it’s already out-of-print, so I’m curious how RM got to know about it and find it to read. Using this as momentum, I hope this will increase interest in Korean artists among young people.”

RM especially has emerged as the most influential star in the Korean art industry. Visitors flock to the exhibits he’s visited and on his 27th (Korean age) birthday last year, he donated ₩100M to the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art.

Trans / Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

RM Weverse Update 0812

wgicG6U.jpg

Source (1) (2)

August 12, 2021

DILEMMA

Lee Hyun appeared as a guest on the 8th episode of tvN’s ‘Back Psychorus’ (Hwangtae and Yang Miri). He speaking about how, when he was part of the duo Homme, RM helped write & compose the song “Dilemma.”

“I can smell of RM from the song.”  :mrgreen:

Source (1) (2) (3)

BTS’s Rap Monster Shows His Support And Aegyo As Co-Producer For Homme’s New Single

Homme Had No Idea BTS’s Rap Monster Would Write Ballads So Well

On 10/29/2020 at 5:18 PM, bohmi said:

Apparently Bang Shi Hyuk himself suggested that Rap Monster play a leading role in producing the song.

Rap Monster is known for his rising producing skills. Previously, he participated in the producing of “EPILOGUE: Young Forever” from BTS’s most recent album “The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever.”

(Soompi)

On 10/29/2020 at 5:18 PM, bohmi said:

In this song, Producer Bang Si-hyuk, with RM’s cooperation, gives the song its special features. Producer Bang Si-hyuk has made a request to RM to produce works. RM has shown his capability as a producer in the song ‘EPILOGUE: Young Forever’, which was included in BTS’s last special album ‘The Most Beautiful Moment In Life: Young Forever’. RM said, “During production, I wanted Homme to approach the public in a way they have not tried before. Therefore, the title also differed from the past songs of Homme.”

(Big Hit)

On 10/30/2020 at 2:29 PM, bohmi said:

Bang Shi Hyuk Gets Sentimental Talking About Rap Monster’s Growth As A Musician

On August 30, Bang Shi Hyuk tweeted, “Homme’s ‘Dilemma,’ which I worked on with Rap Monster, has just been released. It was enjoyable to work with a very young producer for the first time in a while, and I feel satisfied with the final product because it came out just as youthful and fresh [as Rap Monster].”

He continues, “My heart is full looking at how high schooler Namjoon (Rap Monster’s birth name), has grown up into producer Rap Monster and is even making music with me… ^^ Lee Hyun was Big Hit’s first-ever trainee and Lee Changmin is the first idol that Big Hit produced for. Through this song, the entire family was able to reunite. Needless to say, I look forward to good results [for this song]. Please listen to it a lot ^^”

(Soompi)

August 12, 2021

BUTTER

Kim said the first version of “Butter” she received was full of the kind of materialistic lyrics often found in American pop music. She decided that this was far from the message the group aimed to deliver: “The lyrics went through a lot of changes. I talked with RM a lot in particular, who had a lot of thoughts on the song’s lyrics.” It was out of this process that the rap RM wrote came to life. Lyrics like, “No ice on my wrist / I’m that n-ice guy / Got that right body and that right mind,” are a reflection of “BTS’s determination to remain humble even with their unique status,” Kim explained.

— Nicole Kim, the leader of BIGHIT MUSIC’s A&R Team

Source (1) (2)

June 2021

From 2021 BTS FESTA : Profile

Award that j-hope wants to give to RM → More than the Center Award

“I know well your hardwork and hardship !! Let’s be strong / Cheer up !!”  :cries:

Award that Jin wants to give to RM → Donation Award
“He sometimes shares with me figurines that look expensive.”:heartxoxo:

This reminds me of Colde.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:52 PM, bohmi said:

January 29, 2021

Musician Colde and his office (WAVY) featured in Vogue Living Korea. He shared that his long-time friend, RM, gave him a painting for his office opening.

The interesting part is that the artist (painter) and Colde have the same name (Colde’s real name is Kim Hee Soo). Colde said that the painting means a lot for him. :)

Source (1) (2) (3)

GEKDXnz.jpg

cto

August 2021

Lea — Model, singer, and Hueningkai’s (TXT) older sister, played BTS songs on her TikTok live. She played songs PTD and Butter. She was asked who’s her favorite BTS member, and she said she loves all the members and their individual styles, but she loves RM the most because he has a great voice & he’s a great leader.

She also mentioned in her Instagram live that RM is her favorite BTS member. She said, “I love Namjoon. He has a really great voice. He’s tall, smart, yup Namjoonie..”

Source (1) (2)

“Crying Over You” ◑ — HONNE (feat. RM & BEKA)

March 26, 2019

BTS’s RM To Release New Collaboration With British Duo HONNE

Get ready for an exciting new collaboration between BTS’s RM and British duo HONNE!

On March 26 KST, HONNE teased the release of a new collaboration with RM on their official Twitter account. The English electronic music duo previously worked together with RM on his 2018 solo track “Seoul,” which they co-wrote and produced.

Without revealing much about the upcoming track, HONNE shared a photo of English song lyrics that ended with the words “HONNE x RM,” adding in the caption, “27.03.19.” BTS’s official Twitter account has since retweeted the post, confirming that fans can look forward to the release of a new collaboration on March 27.

Source (1) (2)

HONNE teases song with BTS’ RM

English electronic music duo HONNE announced Tuesday the release of its second musical collaboration with RM, the leader of K-pop band BTS.

The duo posted images of the lyrics of the new song on its official social media accounts, under a note, “27.03.19”, the date of the song’s release.

It was signed with “HONNE X RM” at the bottom.

The new song adds rap lines by RM to HONNE’s 2018 song, “Crying Over you,” off its album “Love Me / Love Me Not.”

“Now I don’t like a cliche, but I’m reading from the same book all over again,” the lyrics read.

In a press release through Warner Music Group, HONNE said it hoped to have a rapper for the song, adding that it is pleased to add a layer of new sentiment to the original version.

Warner Music said the two sides started their friendship during HONNE’s Korean tour after BTS mentioned HONNE’s music online in 2015.

It is the second collaboration between the two after HONNE participated in composing and producing “seoul,” a track off RM’s latest solo mix tape “mono.,” released in October.

The new release comes as BTS is in the run-up to the release of its new album, “Map of the Soul: Persona,” on April 12.

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

[SBS Star] BTS RM & HONNE to Release New Collaboration Track This Week

K-pop boy group BTS' leader RM will be releasing a new collaboration track with British electronica & soul duo HONNE.

On March 26, HONNE teased the release of a new collaboration with RM on the duo's social media account.

Without revealing details about the upcoming release, HONNE shared a screenshot of song lyrics that ends with "HONNE x RM".

Along with the screenshot, HONNE simply wrote in the caption, "27.03.19".

RM and HONNE have previously worked together on RM's solo track 'seoul' released in October 2018.

Source (1) (2)

Spoiler

March 26, 2019

BTS' RM & Honne's "Crying Over You" Lyrics Will Have You Crying Over Their Beauty

There's lots of great BTS news today, ARMY! The group's Mattel dolls were just revealed, and now, some of RM's solo work is getting an international release. BTS boys frequently explore solo music ventures. RM went on his own solo adventure when he teamed up with English electronic music duo Honne a while back on a track called "Crying Over You." The song also featured Chinese singer-songwriter Bibi Zhou, and at first it wasn't available on all streaming services. But now, Honne implied that the song is getting an international release, and BTS' RM and Honne's "Crying Over You" lyrics in the tweet announcement will definitely have you crying.

Honne tweeted on March 26 teasing the upcoming international release of "Crying Over You." The teaser was a screenshot of the iPhone notes app with some of RM's lyrics from his "Crying Over You" verse.

Here's what the lyrics in the tweet say:

Now I don't like a cliché, but I'm reading from the same book all over again / All different covers, all different colors / They never the same but they always make me cry at the end / We thought we gave each other a whole world / But turns out that we didn't know such a thing / Guess life's like this / Sh** happens / And we look for the magic but good things always come to an end, an end ya know

The caption on the tweet read, "27.03.19," indicating that the song was going to be available on streaming services on Wednesday, March 27.

Here are the rest of the lyrics to the song:

[ ... ]

This is when RM's verse above comes in to slay your entire life and then Honne and Bibi Zhou come back in with the chorus a few times. The effect is will give you chills!

The song won't be available on streaming services for a bit longer, but you can listen to it here on YouTube before you stream it on repeat to help boost RM's solo work.

Now, Honne's tweet is pretty vague. It seems as though the song is going to get a second widespread release on Wednesday, March 27, but it's not clear around what time that will happen. There's no doubt though that once the song is available for U.S. ARMYs to stream, that song is going to get a wholeeeee lot of streams.

Elite Daily

Honne tease release date for new collaboration with BTS’ RM

It looks like ‘Crying Over You’ is coming very soon

Honne have teased the release date for their new collaboration with BTS’ RM.

The London duo, comprised of James Hatcher and Andy Clutterbuck, were due to release the new version of ‘Crying Over You’ in January but postponed it due to “circumstances [they] could not foresee.”

Honne released the original version of ‘Crying Over You’ last year, featuring vocals from their live backing singer BEKA. Now they have hinted that the version featuring RM and Chinese singer Bibi Zhou will be made available later this week.

Posting on Twitter, the duo shared a screenshot of the lyrics for RM’s guest verse written in the Notes phone app. The tweet was captioned: “27.03.19”.

The track is not the first time Honne and RM have teamed up. The London band featured on the BTS leader’s 2018 “playlist” ‘mono.’, providing the production for the track ‘Seoul’. In a four-star review of the record, NME said: “This is a soundtrack for walking the streets, contemplating life and working through your thoughts as the sky changes gears. It’s atmospheric and reflective, and shows RM’s impressive growth since its predecessor’s release.”

NME

In November 2016, RM went to HONNE first solo concert in Korea.

Spoiler

RM had been recommending HONNE’s music since 2015. HONNE formed in 2014.

Spoiler

March 27, 2019

RM of BTS Joins a New Remix of HONNE's 'Crying Over You': Listen

"I'm really glad that I could be a part," the BTS rapper said of his second collaboration with the electro-soul duo.

RM of BTS is lending his rap skills to a new remix, this time linking up with previous collaborator HONNE.

The rapper appears on a new remix of "Crying Over You," the UK electro-soul duo's single that features London singer Beka and currently boasts more than 10 million plays on Spotify. Released on Wednesday, March 27, RM delivers a new, self-written bridge to add to the track's emotionally reflective mood. He raps in English, "We thought we gave each other a whole world but turns out that we didn't know such a thing / Guess life's like this, sh** happens / And we look for the magic but / Good things always come to an end."

It's the second time HONNE has linked up with RM after previously producing the track "Seoul" that appeared on mixtape mono. that hit No. 26 on the Billboard 200 to become the highest-charting album by a Korean solo singer.

HONNE shared in a statement that they always envisioned a rapper on the song and say RM's lyrics were perfect for the song's message. "We always wanted a rapper over 'Crying Over You,' so it was great when RM was up for featuring on the track," the band said. "The part he's written has continued to explore, and add to, the emotion of our original version."

"I'm so excited for the track release," RM added in his own statement. "It was a pleasure to work with such a great band like HONNE. They helped produce 'Seoul' on my playlist mono. and I'm really glad that I could be a part of their work this time."

Previous to this remix, RM recently collaborated with the likes of Fall Out Boy (and helped their "Champions (Remix)" rise to new peaks on the Rock charts), as well as Tiger JK ("Timeless" went Top 5 on World Digital Song Sales chart).

Listen to the "Crying Over You" remix via YouTube below:

Source (1) (2)

BTS’ RM hops onto HONNE’s remix of “Crying Over You”: Stream

Bringing a little K-Pop flavor to the electro-soul song

Slowly but surely, K-pop is gaining ground in mainstream musical circles. Arguably leading the charge is the seven-piece BTS, what with their forthcoming world tour and Saturday Night Live debut. Now, not only is the group taking over charts around the world, they’re straight up taking over the songs, as bandmember RM has dropped in on the remix of HONNE’s “Crying Over You”.

The track, which also features BEKA, is taken from HONNE’s recent sophomore album, LOVE ME/LOVE ME NOT. For the remix, the electro-soul outfit lets RM (formerly known as Rap Monster, mind you) drop a few bars on top of the snappy beat. “We always wanted a rapper over ‘Crying Over You’, so it was great when RM was up for featuring on the track and the part he’s written has continued to explore, and add to, the emotion of our original version,” HONNE said in a press statement.

Adding his own lyrics to the breakup jam, RM raps, “We thought we gave each other a whole world but turns out that we didn’t know such a thing/ Guess life’s like this, sh** happens/ And we look for the magic but/ Good things always come to an end.”

Source (1) (2)

Spoiler

BTS’s RM Teams Up With Producers Honne For Newly Remixed Song ‘Crying Over You’

The partnership (and friendship, it sounds like) between K-pop superstar RM of the K-pop outfit BTS and electronic band Honne is one that stretches back several years, and now the two have teamed up once more to rework a song and give it a fresh vibe...and potentially bring it to the ears of millions in the process.

English electro act Honne has just re-released their single “Crying Over You,” this time featuring a verse from RM himself. The track is easily likable, thanks to its laidback vibes, easy lyrics, and a chorus that takes things up a notch, just as an excellent pop hook should. It’s the sort of song people often wonder, “Why isn’t this more popular,” which is, sadly too common in the music industry. Now that a superstar has jumped on board, it might become much, much more popular.

The partnership of RM and Honne, while unexpected, has been a fruitful one for both artists. According to a release shared by representatives working with Honne, the pairing first began corresponding with the K-pop musician several years ago, and he visited them when they played their first show in South Korea. Just last year, the duo produced RM’s song “Seoul,” which was featured on his latest solo project mono.

“Crying Over You” also features vocals by singer and musician Beka, who tours with Honne. She was featured on the original version of the song, which is available on their sophomore album Love Me / Love Me Not.

Adding RM’s talents to their new cut isn’t just a wise artistic decision on Honne’s part, it makes excellent business sense as well. The U.K.-based duo already has a sizable fan base, but by working with a well-known musician in another genre, they are potentially putting their music into the ears of thousands, if not millions, of people who might otherwise not be familiar with their work. The fact that he raps his verse in English will certainly play a role in its spread around the world as well.

RM has an incredibly dedicated and massive group of fans all around the world, many of whom are bound to listen to the new version of “Crying Over You” in the next few days. Some of them may become new fans of Honne, while others may move on...but all those streams are sure to add up. In fact, depending on just how well the single performs in its first week or two, it might stand a chance of charting in some territories, which would be huge for the pairing.

Outside of his work with BTS, RM doesn’t release much solo music, so this is a truly big get for Honne. He collaborated with more Korean acts as BTS was just becoming a force, but when it comes to Western acts, he has only lent his own name to a few songs, only about one per year for the past two or three years.

Forbes

“Crying Over You ◑” is a sentimental ballad about trying to move on, altogether warm, nostalgic, and sorrowful. RM’s verse, although short, adds a powerful impact and thoughtful dimension to the song.

This collaboration came from a mutual admiration cultivated over many years between HONNE and RM. In 2015, the rapper retweeted posts about the duo, and later met at HONNE’s first show in Seoul. They stayed in touch, and went on to produce “Seoul,” a standout track from RM’s 2018 solo mixtape, mono.

Earmilk

Spoiler

Honne :

Hey mate! So happy to finally be putting out Crying Over You with your middle 8 on it!! Sorry it’s taken a while. Hope all is good with you and thanks again for making it happen.

RM :

Hey !! I’m so excited

Thank you for everything. Think Seoul and Crying Over You were some real collaborations with hearts.

Big love, mate !!

HONNE Twitter Update

RM Twitter Update

BEKA Twitter Update

NetEase Cloud Music Weibo Update

Spoiler

4WjzyJX.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

November 15, 2019

HONNE Talks About Their Collaborations With BTS’s RM

The synthpop duo HONNE shared the story behind their collaborations with BTS’s RM.

Spoiler

HONNE is currently on their “Love Me / Love Me Not” Asia tour. On November 14, HONNE held a concert at Blue Square in the district of Yongsan, Seoul. This was their fourth time performing in Korea. In 2016, they performed their first solo concert in Korea, followed by performances at the 2017 Seoul Jazz Festival and last year’s Sound City.

HONNE is a popular electronic duo from England consisting of singer and producer Andy Clutterbuck and producer James Hatcher. They are loved by many fans all over the world for their music created with classic soul and synth sounds and have many hit songs such as “Day 1,” “Warm on a Cold Night,” and “3am.”

During a round interview at a hotel in Hongdae held on November 15, HONNE shared how they ended up working with BTS’s leader.

HONNE said, “A few years ago, we saw that RM had mentioned our song ‘Warm on a Cold Night’ on Twitter and we talked about how we should collaborate.”

They added, “It was before BTS was popular in the United States and England. But we knew he was a good person, so we decided to produce a song on his mixtape.” He went on to say, “After that, when we were making ‘Crying Over You,’ we thought RM would be perfect for the emotional element of the song, so we asked him to feature in it and he was happy to help.”

Last year in October, HONNE participated in the composition and production of RM’s “Seoul” released in his second mixtape, “mono.” Then in March 27, 2019, they released “Crying Over You” featuring RM and BEKA.

Source (1) (2) (3)

August 2016

Through a fan, it was found out that Honne had been friends with RM for some time.

Honne replied to a fan’s post:  We’ve become friends with Namjoon actually. He’s been super supportive RiUG7VM.jpg

Spoiler

4KckOr5.jpg

© LemonamuRM

June 2020

Honne mentioned RM in their “No Song Without You” live stream.

JH: Should we try and get RM on the live as well next week?
AC: Yeah, with cool RM.
JH: He’s probably very busy  :joy:

Source (1) (2)

Spoiler

March 2021

From Dope Records Korea Twitter Update

Honne — “No Song Without You” & “Love Me / Love Me Not” Vinyl LP (back in stock).

EwqekEhVIAQellI?format=jpg&name=medium

#2yearswithcryingoveryou :heart:

Source (1) (2)

RM Twitter Update 0817

My new #Zflip :smiley:

“WHO ARE YOU” — trending because ARMY tries to guess which BTS member tweeted a picture of their new phone from the group’s account.

AGT3Pq7.jpg

It is obviously RM. Just look at art picture on the lock screen.. -_-:huh:

MTV UK also tweeted — okay but it was totally joonie

An hour later, RM used meme pictures of each member as his phone wallpaper and shared it on Twitter. The meme picture of him also included.

He’s so funny  :bawling:

Spoiler

BTS edition.. iBCvCNj.jpg

By popular demand.. -남준-