[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

PINK  and  YELLOW

#RM  #HOMI  #SeoulTownRoad

Source (1) (2) (3)

Spoiler
On 9/5/2021 at 8:38 PM, bohmi said:

Teen Vogue

But it is precisely RM’s own verse that’s garnering the most attention. In it, the rapper sings about his “homis” — not to be confused with "homies." From Hangul “호미,” a homi is a traditional Korean hand plow and, according to Quartz, the “it” gardening tool of spring 2019. A wordplay in true RM fashion.

TIME

Dubbed “Seoul Town Road” as a nod to South Korea’s capital, the catchy new reworking features RM rapping fresh new lyrics like, “I got the homis in my bag/Have you heard of that?/Homis made of steel, from Korea, they the be-e-est.”

Since a homi is a Korean hand plow, this line not only works as a reference to the original “homies in the back” lyric, but also plays into the song’s country theme. Pure genius.

Refinery29

RM of BTS' "Seoul Town Road Remix" is a clever take on Lil Nas X's viral hit.

BTS' leader and rapper RM hopped on Lil Nas X's "Old Town Road" to create the latest and most creative interpretation: "Seoul Town Road."

In RM's verse — “I got the homis in my bag / Have you heard of that? / Homis made of steel from Korea / They the best” — he uses the Korean word "ho-mi," which is the name for a gardening tool. It's also a clever homophone for the English word "homie."

Metro UK

We’re loving the ‘homi’ reference – not only does it sound like ‘homie’, but it’s adding to the country theme as a ‘homi’ is a Korean hoe or hand plow made of steel.

Bustle

... and proving that he (RM) has an impressive country accent. Lil Nas X takes over from there, before RM comes back with a verse of his own, rapping primarily in English, but sneaking in some clever Korean vocabulary: “I got the homis in my bag / Have you heard of that? / Homis made of steel from Korea / They the best.”

Unlike what some fans might be thinking, "Homis" does not translate to "homie" in English. It's actually a common gardening tool used in South Korea, according to Variety. Turns out that RM can truly get country, making "Seoul Town Road" perhaps the first example of K-country-pop. Or K-country-rap.

Non-ARMY who likes RM and his music

He left comment on YouTube under “Champion (Remix)” and “Bicycle” video.

7TzonE0.jpg

“I don’t know much about RM from BTS, but I will look for more about him. He is talented. This song is now in my playlist. Respect for both of them.” (RM and Fall Out Boy)

“I really like his voice. I am here after Fall Out Boy ft. RM - Champion (Remix). This man is so young and talented.”

:approves::approves:

• 2 weeks later...

Hyundai × BBC Storyworks  (Narrated by RM)

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Spoiler

On 8/6/2021 at 4:05 PM, bohmi said:

Hyundai × BTS | Hydrogen Documentary (Full vr.)

Easy and simple explanations led by BTS RM and infographics will help you understand hydrogen better.

Comments:dorakiss:

Namjoon should be a voice actor his voice is so great omg  :w00t:

Namjoon’s voice is so good. He can be a voice actor!

Namjoon really need to dub an animated movie. His voice acting would be PERFECT!

One of the ads I actually sat down and followed through. I think Namjoon should narrate more ads like these, his voice just is so intriguing!  :wub:

Namjoon makes me wanna listen to this even more than I thought I could. He’s so good. He’s a natural and BTS thanks for this we love you so much

RM’s narration is so perfect like he’s really talented.

This was a great short documentary! Namjoon as narrator was the best!

This is perfect, I love it
RM’s narrations is OMG SO PERFECT

I got goosebumps when RM starts explain hydrogen energy now I got inspired for my studies

I like this advert, it’s entertaining and easy to understand the important message that’s put forward to everyone watching it. RM’s English diction in this whole narrative is perfect !

We Won’t Wait ! Btw, Joonie’s narration is on another level  B)

Namjoon’s explanation was so good and interesting too  B)

This is a very informative documentary. And RM’s narrated English is cherry on the top. Well done BTS.

Another great campaign, thank you Hyundai and BTS! Kudos to RM for narrating it so well. And yes, let us all save Earth. It’s not too late and it’s not that hard. We just need to give it a try.

RM….. fabulous job!! Hyundai thank you for bringing awareness to how we can all protect Mother Earth.

OMG Namjoon narration!! Awesome!! He should do more, the message behind this ad is impressive, looking forward to seeing more  :)

Them choosing namjoon to narrate is the best decision ever, he is so good at it! Im so convinced, we wont wait!

RM voice is so interesting  B)

Namjoon has so much power in his voice  ;)

“I love RM from BTS, as he is a really great guy and super into fashion. Everyone I know is kind of crazy about him.” — Kim Jones, Artistic Director, Dior Men’s

hP1IfmU.jpg

On November 8, trend magazine W Korea released a feature titled 'K-pop Style,' which interviewed various celebrity stylists at the forefront of K-pop.

Among them was stylist Lee Ha-Jeong, who has worked with BTS since their debut. She revealed various insider details and the many factors that go into styling the group.

When asked, "Which member is most interested in fashion?" She replied, "V and RM."

Both members have been highlighted in the past for their fashion styles.

Meanwhile, RM was named one of the 'Power Dressers of 2020' by global fashion platform Lyst.

Source (1) (2) (3)

On 12/8/2020 at 9:08 PM, bohmi said:
On 11/19/2020 at 1:02 PM, bohmi said:

Harry Styles, Beyoncé and BTS’s RM Named “Power Dressers” of 2020 by Lyst

Harry, Beyoncé, and RM (real name Kim Namjoon) took the top three spots on the "Power Dresses" list.

After Lyst, now GQ UK. RM at No. 11 in British GQ’s most stylish men of 2020 list.

On 3/20/2021 at 9:37 PM, bohmi said:

20 Best Dressers - “Personal Style” by GQ Korea

‘Personal Style’ is not something you can have just by following the trend or becoming a shopping fanatic. Making your own look and pushing it forward powerfully. Twenty people here prove it.

Spoiler
  • GD (musician)
  • Kim Joo Hyuk (actor)
  • Kim C (musician)
  • Oh Hyuk (musician)
  • Park Chan Wook (film director)
  • Kang Dong Won (actor)
  • Lee Jung Jae (actor)
  • Jo Se Ho (broadcaster/comedian)
  • Cho Seong Jin (pianist)
  • Yoo Ah In (actor)
  • Bong Tae Gyu (actor)
  • Song Mino (musician)
  • Kim Nam Jin (actor)
  • RM (musician)
  • Jung Jae Hyung (musician)
  • Gong Yoo (actor)
  • Kim Young Chul (broadcaster/comedian)
  • Beenzino (musician)
  • Son Heung Min (football player)
  • Ryoo Seung Bum (actor)

RM (musician)

The keywords of RM’s look: changeable and unpredictable. He usually wears colorful and decorative looks on stage, but his usual styles include street, casual, and classic. Guerrilla, liberal too. He’s interested in fashion a lot, likes clothes, and you can see him enjoying it every time, but it doesn’t feel greedy or excessive. RM also shows the manner of dressing properly by knowing how to wear good Alden shoes with pants. The stage costumes are sexy and full of energy, while the looks on his social media are peaceful and loose. When leaving work, how a young man enjoys his daily life can be clearly seen with just a few pictures.

Source: GQ Korea

B4OWEBP.jpg

qfXbVM6.jpg

August 27, 2020

KNK’s Seoham Reveals Which BTS, EXO, And GOT7 Members He Looks Up To As Fashion Role Models

In a recent interview and pictorial for Singles magazine, KNK’s Park Seoham (previously known as Seungjun) talked about the fellow idols that he considers role models when it comes to fashion!

As he gears up for KNK’s upcoming return, Seoham revealed that he has often been stressed out by his nickname of “fashion terrorist.” Explaining that he was making an effort to dress better in order to rid himself of the unwanted title, the idol shared that he often turns to specific well-dressed stars for inspiration.

“I’ll look at well-dressed celebrities like EXO’s Kai, GOT7’s Jinyoung, or my friend BTS’s RM,” said Seoham, who trained alongside BTS at Big Hit Entertainment before his debut and is still friends with some of the members. “Or I’ll try to study by searching things like ‘how a guy can dress well’ on YouTube. I think fashion is all about instinct.”

Soompi

eyFQk4a.jpg

0tHKgvT.jpg

November 8, 2021

Sports Chosun ranked <RM’s Weverse Post> as #1 “Last Week’s Hot Issue” for November 1-7.

Last week, an article that BTS RM left a sincere letter to fans on Weverse became the biggest topic of discussion.

1st place: BTS’ RM left a meaningful message at 2:42 a.m.

2021110901000663400044388_20211108111104

CI20S6Z.jpg

Source (1) (2)