[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

August 1, 2021

“Did Bangtan come and see the same works as us! The Daegu Art Museum exhibit that BTS’ RM viewed is exploding in popularity”

The number of visitors for the ‘Welcome Home’ exhibit from the collection of Lee Kunhee at the Daegu Art Museum has surpassed 20k within a month of its opening.

The special exhibit, which sold out on its 1st day, has been sold out every day, and is expected to get ~40k visitors by the end of the exhibition on the 29th. It’s become even more popular after BTS member RM posted a picture of his visit to the exhibition on Twitter last week.

After one night, about 250 foreign-language comments in English, Spanish, Arabic, French and more were posted on the museum’s Instagram post.

Visitors have also been posting pictures of themselves in similar outfits, including bucket hats, and poses as RM and paying more attention to the Yoo Young-kuk’s “San” series. The “RM Zone,” which has become another part of the enjoyment of viewing the exhibition, is expected to continue until the end of the exhibition.

Choi Eunjoo, head of the Daegu Art Museum, said, “Since the next day after RM’s visit was posted on SNS, I started seeing visitors taking pictures wearing bucket hats. People of all ages were already interested in seeing Lee Kunhee’s collection but now after RM’s visit, even more people are interested and are enjoying it.”

“Reason BTS fans are flooding Daegu Art Museum … Photo at ‘RM Zone’”

Various sources in K-media reported on the increasing popularity of the Lee Kunhee exhibit at the Daegu Art Museum after RM visited and shared a photo he took there on SNS.

Of note, they created a ‘RM Zone’ labeled on a purple sticker on the ground where RM stood for his photo.

lVgV7ax.jpg

Trans / Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

On 7/26/2021 at 9:32 PM, bohmi said:

July 26, 2021

Daegu Art Museum IG post:

kyaa :lol: the fact that BTS leader RM came to see the Lee Kunhee special collection <Welcome Home>,,,iBCvCNj.jpg!!
He left a very cool proof shot in front of Yoo Young-kuk’s painting iBCvCNj.jpg everyone, please come to the proof shot party with your black bucket hats g72zNt4.jpg

E7MzNw1VcAATgG3?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

0004586081_001_20210801112202467.jpg

0004586081_002_20210801112202500.jpg

0005515180_001_20210801165614226.jpg

0005515180_002_20210801165614296.jpg

0005515361_001_20210801155615235.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

June 1, 2021

“Sold out books to long lines at exhibits ... If RM comes by, it becomes a hit”

Just like last year, BTS leader RM is still showing his good influence on the art world this year with the “RM effect”. RM, who’s known to be an art lover, visits various exhibits in Korea and abroad or introduces books related to art and shares with the fans on his SNS accounts. The “RM tour” is popular among fans, where they visit the same galleries and read the same books as he did. In the art world, there’s even a joke, “If an exhibit is to be successful, RM must stop by.”

Early morning on the May 28, RM posted 2 pages of “The Time of Plants” from conceptual artist Ahn Kyuchul’s book “The Other Side of Things” on Weverse. [Read here → (1) (2) (3)]

The book was published in March and soon after RM posted, it was sold out nationwide offline and online. As of the May 31, Kyobo Books and Yes24 have posted that the book is sold out off/online and it will be restocked on June 2. The publisher Hyundai Literature had to start making the books because of the rush of orders on that same day. According to a Hyundai Literature employee, “5 minutes after RM posted early morning on the May 28, there were thousands of posts about the book on Twitter and all the books were sold out the next day. We’re rushing to make more books, but we can’t keep up with the rapidly increasing number of orders so there are many people who couldn’t buy the book.”

This isn’t the first time RM has shown interest in art books. Last September, he donated ₩100M to the MMCA on his birthday to publish art books. He was praised by the art world for saying, “I hope the books will help young people who have fewer opportunities and live in remote areas to see art to develop their artistic sensibilities.”

Spoiler
On 9/14/2020 at 8:09 AM, bohmi said:

RM’s donation will be used towards the reprinting of hard-to-find and out-of-print books related to art, some of which will be sent to elementary, middle, and high schools in 400 places across the country. The reprinted books will also be available for purchase in the museum’s bookstore.

Yoon Bum Mo, the director of the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, commented, “RM expressed his desire to support the field of art, in which he has found inspiration and comfort. Just as he was able to gain a deeper understanding of art through books, he shared his hope that children and youth who may not find it easy to access museums will be able to easily come into contact with art [through these books]. We were delighted and surprised by his wish.”

Museums are also still benefiting from the “RM effect.” On the May 27, he posted a picture of the “Masters, Strolling Through the Midland” exhibit at the Cheongju Museum of Art along with the caption “Butterful Days.” A fan left a review saying, “I feel like I was invited to see many good exhibitions by RM.”

The Hernan Bas exhibition at Space K Seoul in Magok-dong ended successfully in part because of RM. The exhibit, which opened in February, became a hot topic after rumors spread that RM came by. More than 10k visitors came by in the first week after opening and there were people lining up to see the exhibition every weekend. A Space K Seoul official said, “The Magok neighborhood is usually quiet on the weekends because there are a lot of offices here. For this exhibition, there were particularly a lot of people visiting from other parts of the country. I already knew about RM’s influence but I felt it.”  :glasses:

Trans / Source (1) (2) (3)

Book “The Other Side of Things” gets sold out after RM’s Weverse post

This is the publisher for Ahn Kyuchul’s book “The Other Side of Things” (Hyundai Literature). They posted this video where additional copies of the book are being printed due to the high demand after RM posted it on Weverse.

It’s been completely sold out and they’ve been rushing to make more to fulfill all the back orders.

Source (1) (2) (3)

Hyundai Literature Instagram & Twitter post:

BTS RM introduced Ahn Kyuchul’s book “The Other Side of Things” [on his post]. As expected, RM-nim, who has shown a good influence on art also has a great sense to recognize good book in an instant.

They also have this poster on event page in Yes24 and Aladin saying “The book that has become the talk of the town, one that was introduced by BTS RM.”

Kyobo Books also added “Weverse recommendation book” on their additional information for the book.

MwmRH3Y.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

July 3, 2021

Artist Ahn Kyuchul mentioned RM on Yoon Go Eun’s EBS Book Cafe podcast

u1U5fXz.jpg

Artist Ahn Kyuchul was on a podcast talking about his book “The Other Side of Things,” which RM posted on Weverse. The host said Ahn Kyuchul has always had fans but recently gained new fans after RM posted the book on SNS and sales of the book went up by 250x.

Ahn Kyuchul said it was totally unexpected RM came to the exhibition and asked for an autograph on his book. RM then introduced the book to ARMY on social media and after that, there were several inquiries from overseas publishing companies to his publisher to translate the book. There are translations in Japanese & Chinese coming. For him, it was such an unexpected and grateful thing to happen and it became a chance for him to rethink about the younger generation’s culture.

Trans / Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

So, there is possibility that the english version of “The Other Side of Things” is also in the works??  :w00t::w00t::w00t:

vKW6R9A.gif

© gif_namjoon

July 29, 2017

BTS, Diplo, And MAJOR LAZER Create Hype With Photos From Their Recent Meet-Up

BTS fans received an unexpected surprise on July 29 when American artists Diplo and MAJOR LAZER uploaded photos of themselves with BTS’s Rap Monster and Jungkook at the 2017 “Valley Rock Festival.”

MAJOR LAZER posted a group photo while Diplo posted a photo of himself with the two BTS members on both his Twitter and Instagram.

DF1wnpZV0AAXhWQ?format=jpg&name=large

DF2CE3XUAAAEDaU?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

Perhaps even more interesting, however, is Diplo’s caption on his Instagram post.

Some fans are predicting that there’s a BTS and Diplo collaboration in the works because of Diplo’s caption, while others are a less certain of the possibility. Regardless, there is no doubting that BTS has grown even more quickly on an international scale in the past few months, especially after receiving an award at the Billboard Music Awards Ceremony this past May.

August 9, 2017

Watch: BTS’s Rap Monster And Jungkook Featured In MAJOR LAZER’s Aesthetic Video

Previously, BTS fans were pleasantly surprised when American artists Diplo and MAJOR LAZER posted photos with Rap Monster and Jungkook.

However, Diplo’s Instagram post especially left fans with a cliffhanger, as he said, “About to make a movie with my Korean squad.”

Now the mystery has been solved!

MAJOR LAZER tweeted a video on August 8. The 1-minute video features members of MAJOR LAZER talking about what it is like to be on tour. BTS’s Rap Monster and Jungkook met up with MAJOR LAZER while they were in Korea performing at the 2017 Jisan Valley Rock Festival. Rap Monster and Jungkook are seen talking and laughing with them in the tail end of the video.

Watch it below!

Spoiler

August 10, 2017

BTS’ Rap Monster and Jungkook feature in new MAJOR LAZER video

BTS, Diplo, Jillionaire, and Walshy Fire - that’s a LOT of star power in one room!

Last week saw American EDM trio MAJOR LAZER share photos of themselves with BTS’ Rap Monster and Jungkook, as well as the teasing caption, “About to make a movie with my Korean squad” from Diplo.

jAduqHq.jpg

Now we have a good idea about what that movie is!

In a new tweet from MAJOR LAZER, the trio shared a short one-minute video of Walshy Fire talking about his time on tour and his experience performing at the 2017 Jisan Valley Rock Festival. Rap Monster, Jungkook, Diplo, and Jillionaire all feature towards the end of the video, where they’re seen hanging out and chatting.

We have our fingers crossed that this movie clip could lead to a music-related collaboration between BTS and MAJOR LAZER in the future!

Source (1) (2) (3)

June 2021

Hyundai × BTS | Hydrogen Documentary (Full vr.)

Easy and simple explanations led by BTS RM and infographics will help you understand hydrogen better.

Comments:dorakiss:

Spoiler

Namjoon should be a voice actor his voice is so great omg  :w00t:

Namjoon’s voice is so good. He can be a voice actor!

Namjoon really need to dub an animated movie. His voice acting would be PERFECT!

One of the ads I actually sat down and followed through. I think Namjoon should narrate more ads like these, his voice just is so intriguing!  :wub:

Namjoon makes me wanna listen to this even more than I thought I could. He’s so good. He’s a natural and BTS thanks for this we love you so much

RM’s narration is so perfect like he’s really talented.

This was a great short documentary! Namjoon as narrator was the best!

This is perfect, I love it
RM’s narrations is OMG SO PERFECT

I got goosebumps when RM starts explain hydrogen energy now I got inspired for my studies

I like this advert, it’s entertaining and easy to understand the important message that’s put forward to everyone watching it. RM’s English diction in this whole narrative is perfect !

We Won’t Wait ! Btw, Joonie’s narration is on another level  B)

Namjoon’s explanation was so good and interesting too  B)

This is a very informative documentary. And RM’s narrated English is cherry on the top. Well done BTS.

Another great campaign, thank you Hyundai and BTS! Kudos to RM for narrating it so well. And yes, let us all save Earth. It’s not too late and it’s not that hard. We just need to give it a try.

RM….. fabulous job!! Hyundai thank you for bringing awareness to how we can all protect Mother Earth.

OMG Namjoon narration!! Awesome!! He should do more, the message behind this ad is impressive, looking forward to seeing more  :)

Them choosing namjoon to narrate is the best decision ever, he is so good at it! Im so convinced, we wont wait!

RM voice is so interesting  B)

Namjoon has so much power in his voice  ;)

Source (1) (2)

August 6, 2021

Twitter Update

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Watch: Elton John Sings BTS’s “Permission To Dance” In Response To RM’s Twitter Shout-Out

“Timeless” — Drunken Tiger JK (feat. RM)

November 1, 2018

BTS’s RM To Feature On Tiger JK’s Final Album As Drunken Tiger

BTS’s RM has contributed to Drunken Tiger’s upcoming final album!

On November 1, Tiger JK’s agency Feel GHood Music announced that RM would be part of Drunken Tiger’s highly-anticipated 10th and final studio album. A representative of the agency stated, “BTS’s RM contributed to Drunken Tiger’s 10th album as a featured rapper. He has already completed recording [for the album].”

Although the upcoming album will not mark Tiger JK’s retirement from the industry, it will be the last album he releases under the name Drunken Tiger.

RM has often spoken of Tiger JK as one of his idols and musical role models. He previously collaborated with Tiger JK as a featuring artist on MFBTY’s 2015 track “Buckubucku,” and he happily declared in more than one interview, “I grew up watching Tiger JK. I’m a fan who succeeded.”

Drunken Tiger’s final studio album will be released on November 14 and reportedly boasts a star-studded lineup of featuring artists.

In the meantime, check out the music video for Drunken Tiger’s pre-release track “Yet” here!

Source (1) (2)

November 12, 2018

Tiger JK Gets Fans Excited About Upcoming Track With BTS’s RM

Tiger JK shared his excitement about his new album.

On November 11, Tiger JK talked about his upcoming release with BTS’s RM on Twitter. He wrote, “We gon time travel to the future of golden era. Boom bap to the purest form. Back to the rhythm of earth. Heart beat.”

Shortly after, he tweeted, “It’s not 1990. It’s 2090,” and added the hashtag, “drunekntigerxRM.”

It was previously announced that RM would be featuring in Drunken Tiger’s 10th studio album “X: Rebirth of Tiger JK,” which will be his final album under the name Drunken Tiger.

This album will have two CDs that will consists a total of 24 tracks and six skits. The first CD will have tracks of the boom bap rap genre while the second CD will have tracks of various genres including jazz, EDM, and reggae.

Other featuring artists besides RM include SEVENTEEN’s Vernon, Kim Jong Kook, HaHa, SECHSKIES’s Eun Ji Won, and Defconn.

“X: Rebirth of Tiger JK” will be released on November 14. In the meantime, check out RM’s previous collaboration with Tiger JK, Yoon Mi Rae, and Bizzy (MFBTY) “Buckubucku.”

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

Spoiler

November 14, 2018

Listen: Drunken Tiger Drops Collaboration With BTS’s RM + Tiger JK Talks About How RM Impressed Him

Tiger JK has released his final album under the name Drunken Tiger, which features a collaboration with BTS’s RM!

Drunken Tiger’s 10th studio album “X: Rebirth of Tiger JK” was released on November 14. It consists of two CDs with a total of 24 tracks and six skits, and featuring artists include RM, SEVENTEEN’s Vernon, Kim Jong Kook, HaHa, SECHSKIES’s Eun Ji Won, and Defconn.

At a listening session for the album on November 14 in Seoul, Tiger JK talked about working with RM on the song “Timeless.” The two artists previously collaborated on a track by Tiger JK’s unit MFBTY in 2015, and Tiger JK described their new track “Timeless” as a traditional hip hop song that’s one of the most unique and original tracks on the album, saying it could be composer Loptimist’s best track.

“When I was starting something new when I made the unit group MFBTY, RM began coming to Uijeongbu [a city in Gyeonggi province] to talk about hip hop,” he said. “He was very interested in hip hop, and Bang Shi Hyuk had also said it would be good if we worked together. That’s when we became friends.”

He shared that RM was the very first artist that he asked to feature on the album. “RM is very busy, but he’s passionate about music and so we chose the track together,” said Tiger JK. He stated that although they could have done a softer song, they chose to do “Timeless” because they wanted to try doing something they both liked without being concerned about success on the charts.

When asked what RM is like as an artist, Tiger JK said that he’d had a bit of prejudice when he first got the call from Bang Shi Hyuk, clarifying that it wasn’t a prejudice against idol rappers but rather because he hadn’t heard RM often before. He went on to explain how RM had completely changed his preconceived notions.

He said, “I realized while we were talking about the music we like and recording in the studio that he clearly has his own color. RM’s understanding of the track and the way he writes lyrics reminded me of our time as underground rappers. I felt his sincerity and passion. He’s simply talented.”

Check out a lyrics video for Drunken Tiger’s “Timeless” featuring RM below!

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

November 14, 2018

Drunken Tiger Releases Final Album Featuring Yoonmirae, BTS’ RM and More

“Timeless,” the final track on the first disc, features RM of chart-topping septet BTS. A lyric video for “Timeless” was made available alongside the album’s release. "Time will tell the consequences of cause and effect," raps Tiger JK over the scratching beat. "Think twice before you speak." Later, after speaking to the timelessness and importance of Drunken Tiger’s music, RM addresses Tiger JK about putting to rest the Drunken Tiger name with the album:

"This album be the last, but it will forever last/ Things gon be a past, but fest post to be fast/ Hope it for the best, but see you already blessed/ All you spit was blast, so don't you worry dad/ You ain't dead."

During a press conference in Seoul, Tiger JK addressed the collaboration and reflected on how the two came to work together. “Actually, I had prejudices against him when I first heard of him,” Tiger JK said, via a report from The Korea Herald. “But after talking about music with him, I realized that RM had his own color, knew how to share his own stories. His vocalization was also very outstanding. RM’s attitude toward music, the way he writes lyrics and understands the song also reminded me of our old days as underground rappers. He is sincere, passionate and most of all, talented.”

Source (1) (2) (3)

:lol: :mrgreen:

Billboard World Digital Song Sales chart

Y6FgE5T.jpg

Source (1) (2)

November 15, 2018

Drunken Tiger’s Collaboration Track With BTS’s RM Tops iTunes Charts Worldwide

Tiger JK and BTS’s RM have taken over iTunes charts all around the world with their collaboration “Timeless.”

As of November 15, Drunken Tiger and RM’s track “Timeless” achieved No. 1 on iTunes charts in 18 countries, including Sweden, Egypt, Romania, Israel, Finland, Saudi Arabia, Poland, the Philippines, Peru, and more. The track also took No. 1 on the iTunes K-Pop chart and the American iTunes hip hop chart, and it has placed in the Top 10 of iTunes charts in over 40 countries. This breaks the records of artists such as Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Travis Scott, and more.

Congratulations to Tiger JK and RM!

Source (1) (2)

November 16, 2018

Drunken Tiger's new song featuring RM tops U.S. iTunes' hip-hop chart

SEOUL, Nov. 16 (Yonhap) -- South Korean hip-hop icon Drunken Tiger's new song featuring BTS leader RM debuted at No. 1 on the U.S. iTunes' hip-hop chart, its agency said Friday.

10f5Jlu.jpg

"Timeless" from Drunken Tiger's 10th full-length album topped the hip-hop/rap songs chart, the K-pop chart and the music video chart of the U.S. iTunes upon its release, according to Feel Ghood Music. The piece also ranked high on the main pop chart while topping iTunes' song charts of 26 countries, including Sweden, Egypt, Romania, Israel, Finland, Saudi Arabia, Poland, the Philippines and Peru.

Released on Wednesday, the album "Drunken Tiger X: Rebirth of Tiger JK" that contains 30 tracks on two CDs featuring over a dozen prominent K-pop artists, including BTS' RM, Seventeen's Vernon, rapper Dok2 and SechsKies' Eun Ji-won.

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

November 20, 2018

Tiger JK Expresses Gratitude To BTS’s RM After “Timeless” Charts High Worldwide

Tiger JK recently expressed his feelings of gratitude towards BTS’s RM on the November 20 broadcast of SBS PowerFM’s “2 O’Clock Escape Cultwo Show.”

During the show, Tiger JK talked about his latest album “X: Rebirth of Tiger JK,” his tenth and final album as Drunken Tiger. He stated, “This is Drunken Tiger’s final album, and the start of Tiger JK. I wanted to wrap things up in a cool way.”

The rapper then talked about the star-studded lineup of featuring artists on his album, such as BTS’s RM, SEVENTEEN’s Vernon, Dok2, Garion, Kim Jong Kook, SECHSKIES’s Eun Ji Won, Defconn, HaHa, and more. He commented, “Thanks to BTS’s RM, I was able to achieve No. 1 in the United States and No. 3 worldwide.” Previously, the two artists had taken over iTunes charts all around the world with their collaboration track “Timeless.”

He also added, “I wanted to produce songs that are irrelevant to the charts. [Drunken Tiger] fans don’t think it’s cool to be on the charts. They actually think that it’s cooler if you’re not tied down to [the charts].”

However, Tiger JK had the set exploding in laughter when he continued, “But as soon as my latest song was released, it didn’t rise on the domestic music charts, so I was a little sad.”

On November 14, Tiger JK released “X: Rebirth of Tiger JK,” which consists of two CDs, 24 tracks, and six skits. The album also covers a range of genres such as boom bap, jazz, EDM, reggae, and more.

Source (1) (2)

November 14, 2018

BTS RM helps break stereotype against idol rappers: Tiger JK

Tiger JK of Drunken Tiger talked about his special ties with BTS’ RM, who has lent his voice for one of the songs included in the hip-hop guru’s 20th anniversary album.

“RM and I met for the first time when I was promoting as a unit in Uijeongbu (in Gyeonggi Province). He often came by our place to talk about hip-hop, as RM was really passionate about the genre at that time,” said the legendary hip-hop artist during a press conference for his new album, “Rebirth of Tiger JK,” in Seoul on Wednesday.

The BTS rapper collaborated with Tiger JK for the track titled “Timeless,” which Tiger JK explained is one of the most original and unique numbers from his 30-track double album.

“RM was the first musician I reached out to for a collaboration. Together, we saw eye-to-eye that we should make a song that doesn’t get bound by chart rankings. We just did what we both wanted,” he said.

Even BTS’ hectic touring schedule couldn’t halt the pair’s avid discussion for the song, with the two continuously working on the track via email and phone. RM also offered advice on the overall album between concerts around the globe.

Tiger JK went on to confess he had held prejudices against idol rappers when he first received a phone call from Bang Si-hyuk, CEO of BTS’ agency Big Hit Entertainment, who frequently communicated with him for musical exchanges.

“Actually, I had prejudices against him when I first heard of him. But after talking about music with him, I realized that RM had his own color, knew how to share his own stories. His vocalization was also very outstanding,” Tiger JK recalled.

“RM’s attitude toward music, the way he writes lyrics and understands the song also reminded me of our old days as underground rappers. He is sincere, passionate and most of all, talented.”

Source (1) (2)

November 16, 2018

Korea's hip-hop legend lauds BTS's RM for his musical talent

Soon after release, the track "Timeless," featuring RM, topped the iTunes song charts in 18 countries, including Sweden, Egypt, Romania, Saudi Arabia and Peru. It debuted in the top 10 of iTunes charts in over 40 countries and ranked No. 1 on the iTunes hip-hop chart in the U.S.

During a press conference in Seoul on Wednesday, Tiger JK said "Timeless" is a unique song among those on his 30-track double album.

"RM was the first musician I reached out to for a collaboration," the rapper said. "Due to BTS's hectic touring schedule, we had to work on the track via email and telephone, but it turned out great. RM also offered advice on the overall album."

The legendary rapper lauded RM's progression to superstardom, and "well-deserved" success in the music industry. "I actually had a prejudice against RM when Bang Si-hyuk, the CEO of Big Hit Entertainment, first introduced him to me. But after we met and exchanged thoughts on music, I could feel his passion and sincerity toward music. The way he writes lyrics and interprets the song also reminded me of my old days as an underground rapper."

Source: Koreatimes

November 22, 2018

Tiger JK Talks About Korean Hip-Hop As A Genre + BTS’s Influence In Global Outreach

Tiger JK recently sat down for an interview with HeraldPOP to talk about the release of his latest and final album as Drunken Tiger, “X: Rebirth of Tiger JK.”

“The album has two CDs: the first disc is for core fans of Drunken Tiger, and the second disc shows how Tiger JK is evolving,” he said.

He also talked a little about musical genres. “We’re going to lay down the roots for ‘K-Hop’ [Korean hip-hop]. I want to make it a genre that’s recognized all over the world. Calling it K-Hop doesn’t mean that it’s different from what we did before. It’s just that what we hip-hop artists are doing now is finally being exported worldwide.”

He continued, “I definitely think it’s possible for the genre to grow. No one imagined at the beginning that BTS could come this far. The whole world is focusing on our hip-hop. I think that it could be amazing.”

Tiger JK also talked about his collaboration with BTS’s RM on the album. “In terms of global marketing, we have to do what K-Pop is doing. I don’t mean to bring up RM all the time, but I’ve been contacted by famous underground rappers around the world about the song that RM and I worked on together. They tell me, ‘This is a really amazing hip-hop song.’ We didn’t make it to follow the trends, but instead captured the color of the 90’s golden age. That’s why it’s meaningful. I want K-Hop to grow in this way.”

Source (1) (2)

Hoping that RM’s next mixtape and BTS’s next album are full of hip-hop songs :Please:

May 18, 2019

Tiger JK Talks About How BTS’s RM Surprised And Moved Him With His Lyrics For Their “Timeless” Collab

Tiger JK talked about how the lyrics RM sent him for their collaboration surprised and moved him on the May 17 broadcast of “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook.”

The list of collaborators on “Drunken Tiger X: The Rebirth of Tiger JK” is long, including artists such as Kim Jong Kook, Defconn, HaHa, Junoflo, Superbee, and many more.

Tiger JK said BTS’s RM, who featured on the song “Timeless,” was the first artist to join him on the album, and Yoo Hee Yeol asked why he teared up when he saw the lyrics RM wrote for his track.

Tiger JK said, “I asked [RM] to brag about what he’s been doing. I wanted him to brag and really show off, but he sent me lyrics that were an homage to Drunken Tiger. It was so moving, and I felt apologetic.”

On what he really liked about RM’s lyrics, Tiger JK said, “He wrote the lyrics using Drunken Tiger song titles. RM is ‘rap monster,’ and he wrote [something like] ‘The Tiger JK monster raised another monster.’ (The actual lyrics read, ‘Whether you like it or not, you raised another monster.’)”

Yoo Hee Yeol said, “That’s really the sign of ultimate respect,” and Tiger JK joked, “It really felt like a burden.”

He added, “I hoped people wouldn’t misunderstand and think that I asked him to write it this way. Since he’s doing so well right now.”

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

“Timeless” song cover art by artist Kim Jung Gi. The cover art features MFBTY (Tiger JK, Yoon Mirae, Bizzy), Jordan (Tiger JK & Yoon Mirae’s son), Junoflo, RM.

U78sciO.jpg

Spoiler

5K2tbtZ.jpg

Tiger JK Twitter:

Album cover art by the genius KIM Jung Gi. He also drew MFBTY, Jordan, and RM as a gift. I’m forever grateful! I love his art  :heart:

Kim Jung Gi Instagram:

A special book signing for the legendary Tiger JK, and RM

MsF5X9k.jpg

Source (1) (2) / “Timeless” mini thread

December 15, 2018

Tiger JK Is All Smiles As He Reunites With BTS’s RM In New Photo

Tiger JK and BTS’s RM recently took a photo together!

The veteran rapper posted an image of himself with RM on his personal Instagram with a caption that said, “I finally got it signed! Congratulations! It’s good to see you again! Thank you! I hope you spread happiness while also being healthy and happy! I’ll make it up to you! Peace and love.”

EyZK5fR.jpg

He also added an image of a signed international issue of TIME Magazine that features the members of BTS on the cover, while RM is seen holding Tiger JK’s latest album.

Tiger JK previously collaborated with RM for the track “Timeless,” which is part of his final album as Drunken Tiger and is titled, “X: Rebirth of Tiger JK.”

Soompi

December 15, 2018

BTS leader RM hangs out with Tiger JK backstage at MAMAs after triumphant night

The Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMAs) brought together the biggest artists in Asian music, with bands like BTS, Wanna One, Twice, GOT7 and Momoland on the guestlist.

And the star-studded invite list led to Korean superstars hanging out backstage.

BTS leader RM posed with producer and rapper Tiger JK behind the scenes at the AsiaWorldExpo in Hong Kong, after both stars performed at the MAMAs.

In the picture shared to Tiger’s Instagram, he was beaming and pointing to a copy of BTS’s TIME magazine cover, while RM had an arm around his shoulders.

Kim Nam-joon was holding a copy of his friend’s album.

Tiger captioned the picture: ‘I finally got it signed! Congratulations! It’s good to see you again! Thank you! I hope you spread happiness while also being healthy and happy! I’ll make it up to you! Peace and love.’

Another photo Tiger shared showed that RM signed the cover: ‘To the legend’ with a doodle of a tiger. Adorable.

1wQ0pGe.jpg

The pair recently worked together on Tiger’s final Drunken Tiger album X: Rebirth of Tiger JK, on the song Timeless.

The tune charted at number 3 worldwide on the iTunes chart, and Tiger praised RM for helping him make the song a success.

Metro UK

February 25, 2021 | Tiger JK mentioned RM on GQ Korea.  — Source (1) (2)

July 29, 2021 | Tiger JK at 1theK Originals ‘Look Me Up’. He mentioned RM (at minute 11.44) and (at minute 15.38).  — Source (1) (2) (3)

Forehead Kiss From Maknae Line: Completed. :relieved:

RM got birthday forehead kiss from Jimin & V in September 2020.
The video was posted a few days ago via BTS memories of 2020 DVD.

Full Version  :mrgreen:

Spoiler

RM got forehead kiss from Jungkook in 2017.

The video was posted on RM’s birthday in September 2018 via Twitter.

:lol::joy:

RM: “Namjoon-ssi happy birthday..”  :blush::heart:

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) | (1) (2)