[Upcoming Drama 2022] Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area Part 2, 종이의 집: 공동경제구역 Part 2 - Premieres December 9th

0ly40

Netflix Drama

Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area

Money_Heist-_Korea-p1.jpeg

File:The House of Paper-tp003.jpg

Network: Netflix

Episodes: 6 (part 1)

Genre: Action, Thriller, Crime, Mystery

Airdate: 2022

Airtime: June 24th

Writer: Ryu Yong Jae

Director: Kim Hong Seon

Story

Remake of popular Netflix series, Money Heist. About a criminal mastermind who goes by "The Professor" has a plan to pull off the biggest heist in recorded history. The Professor schemes an ambitious heist that will have a massive payout. For his plan, the Professor scouts for potential team members. The recruited members select city names as their code names and they all have strong personalities. Their plan seems perfect, but due to the hostages that they take, they face an unexpected situation

Cast

Yoo Ji Tae as Professor

Kim Yunjin as Sun Woo Jin

Park Hae Soo as Berlin

Jun Jong Seo as Tokyo

Lee Won Jong as Moscow

Park Myoung Hoon as Jo Young-Min

Kim Sung Oh as Cha Moo-Hyeok

Kim Ji Hoon as Denver

Jang Yoon Ju as Nairobi

Lee Joo Bin as Yoon Mi-Sun

Lee Hyun Woo as Rio

Kim Ji Hoon as Helsinki

Lee Kyua Ho as Oslo

•  

Teasers:

Spoiler

OST (LATER)

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 3

I see that there is a thread open for this drama. Nobody is confirmed yet. I read the news that Yoo Ji Tae`s agency just had a conversation (exchange ideas) with the production team.

I think he will choose to join this drama eventually. I did not watch the original Spanish drama from Netflix but I will try to watch this Korean remake. The original has 5 seasons but I hope this one it is just a drama of 16 episodes.

The director is Kim Hong Seon who did many dramas for OCN: Voice,  Black, Pied Piper, Luca and tvN Liar Games. I am curious about the cast and who is the writer.

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Money Heist (remake La Casa de Papel), 종이의 집 - Yoo Ji Tae, Jeon Jong Seo, Kim Yoon Jin & Park Hae Joon - Premieres in 2021
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic

One of my best friends kept telling me to watch the original Netflix series. I never got into it as the narrator (one of the main character)'s voice/character kept annoying me. So I really don't know much about this, except the gist of the story.

BUT - YOO JI TAE! 

Sign me up! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, joccu said:

it more fun to watch a drama that is new to you. 

even though i know the plot and premise I´m still going to watch this. 

It is a good series? I read about it a little and it seems that the plot is a little complicated. Who was (in your opinion) the most interesting character in the original series?

Spoiler

It looks like Lisbon was a police officer who was in charge of the case but later she joins the group. I wonder if they will make the same scenario. I would have liked better if she was part of the group but in reality she was working for the police. :D

I don`t know what to expect with this remake. The original series has many many characters. I hope they will make the story for one season with a good ending.

• Like 2

@larus yeah the plot is really complicated.  and the thing is they could have stop after part two.  but they continued. 

I have only seen part 1 and 2 and little bit of part 3 and 4.  there is going to be still the final(part 5). probably going to watch that and see how this all ends. 

the most interesting characters for me was nairobi, stockholm, berlin and the professor. although in the professor I lost interest in part 3. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joccu said:

the most interesting characters for me was nairobi, stockholm, berlin and the professor. although in the professor I lost interest in part 3. 

Perhaps they will chose just a story (probably the first one or two seasons) and that`s the best. What is too much is not good. Make a coherent story and end it well. We`ll see.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a huge fan of the Original series. I'm kinda surprised that it would have Korean remake. It made me excited, also felt very anxious about this. You know many things could go wrong. South Korea is very sensitive about some stuff which included in the original Spanish series. And, they will use now the original character "city" names.

The casting so far is very good. Park Hae Joon as Berlin and Jeong Jong Seo as Tokyo are the excellent choices. But, I don't really like Yoo Ji Tae as The Professor, I have some other actors in my mind. Still, Yoo Ji Tae is a veteran actor, I am sure he will perform well.

I'm still waiting for who will be casted as Denver, Rio and Nairobi. Please cast the good actors, not idol actors.

My favorite characters are Berlin, Denver and Nairobi. Hope they better do not ruin my favorites. I'm worried about Denver and Nairobi now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

The casting so far is very good. Park Hae Joon as Berlin and Jeong Jong Seo as Tokyo are the excellent choices. But, I don't really like Yoo Ji Tae as The Professor, I have some other actors in my mind. Still, Yoo Ji Tae is a veteran actor, I am sure he will perform well.

May I ask who you had in mind instead of Yoo Ji Tae? I haven't really seen much of the original so I can't judge.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 11:28 PM, agenth said:

May I ask who you had in mind instead of Yoo Ji Tae? I haven't really seen much of the original so I can't judge.

Lee Byung Hyun and Ji Jin Hee are my choices. Since it is produced by BH Ent, I really wanted to have Lee Byung Hyun as the professor, you know he is the founder/CEO of BH Ent.

Anyway, YJT is also good.

Now, I have some favorite actors for Denver and Rio. Do you want to hear?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

Lee Byung Hyun and Ji Jin Hee are my choices. Since it is produced by BH Ent, I really wanted to have Lee Byung Hyun as the professor, you know he is the founder/CEO of BH Ent.

Anyway, YJT is also good.

Now, I have some favorite actors for Denver and Rio. Do you want to hear?

Sure, I'd be interested in Denver and Rio suggestions as well. 

Yeah, those two are great as well, but YJT in The Good Wife shined as a sneaky guy, so I think it's not a bad casting. 

Has there been news about which network would pick this up? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, agenth said:

Sure, I'd be interested in Denver and Rio suggestions as well. 

Yeah, those two are great as well, but YJT in The Good Wife shined as a sneaky guy, so I think it's not a bad casting. 

Has there been news about which network would pick this up? 

I heard that it would be the original Netflix production, same like Sweet Home, Love Alarm and Kingdom. So, it would not air at the public or cable channels.

You are right, YJT is not a bad choice.

I'm currently watching the ongoing drama, Mr. Queen. At there, Male Lead, Kim Jung Hyun is giving me Denver vibes. Kim Jung Hyun is surely very talented, I have seen him in CLOY, School 2017, Waikiki. He could pull off Denver well. I hope they choose him as Denver. 

For Rio, my choices are Kim Min Jae and Lee Jae Wook. Both could pull off well as Rio.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Spoiler

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/korean-adaptation-of-lacasadepapel
THE HEIST COMES TO KOREA

Netflix announces the Korean adaptation of its Spanish original series La Casa de Papel

30 November 2020

Seoul, 1 December, 2020 -- Netflix announced an exciting new original series project, the Korean adaptation of its beloved Spanish original series La casa de papel.

Set on the Korean peninsula, the Korean adaptation of La casa de papel will be directed by Kim Hong-sun, who has helmed TV dramas like The Guest, Voice, and Black and is known as a giant in the fantasy crime genre. Ryu Yong-jae and his team, whose credits include the Netflix original series My Holo Love and tvN series Psychopath Diary, will be the screenwriters for the show. The production is a collaboration between BH Entertainment and Contents Zium. 

Alex Pina, Creator and Executive Producer of La casa de papel said: “Korean creators have been developing their own language and audiovisual culture for years. They have managed, like our series, to go beyond cultural borders and become a point of reference for thousands of viewers around the world, especially among young people.” He added, “That is why I find it fascinating that the world of La casa de papel is so attractive to Korean creators as to do an adaptation. The fact that the action is set on the Korean Peninsula also seems to me to be a milestone which I am really delighted about."

Since Part 1 premiered in 2017, the heist of La casa de papel has been storming the world. More than 65 million member households chose to watch Part 4 of the Spanish language series in the first four weeks of its release in April 2020, and the 5th and final part of La casa de papel is currently in production.

The international popularity of the Spanish series La casa de papel is proof that significant works based in different cultures and languages can be widely distributed by Netflix and loved by audiences worldwide. With its production of 12 episodes of the Korean adaptation, Netflix is expected to breathe new life into the familiar storyline and bring the material afresh to global audiences. 

More information about the heist in Korea will be announced at a later date.

Creative talent head shots available here. (Please download headshots)

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/netflix-announces-the-cast-for-the-korean-adaptation-of-la-casa-de-papel
NETFLIX ANNOUNCES THE CAST FOR THE KOREAN ADAPTATION OF ‘LA CASA DE PAPEL’

30 March 2021

36AB4698-9E9D-4BE7-96DC-8B98F6E78D73.jpg

Seoul, 31 March 2021 -- Netflix announced the casting of the Korean adaptation of its beloved Spanish Original Series La casa de Papel. The Korean Original Series will feature an exciting cast from Korea’s top talents including Yoo Ji-tae (The Swindlers, Money, Svaha: The Sixth Finger) as ‘the Professor,’ and Kim Yunjin (Seven Days, Ode to My Father, Lost, Mistresses) as Seon Woojin, an inspector at Task Force Team.

The Korean adaptation of La Casa de Papel is set on the Korean peninsula, and the shows’ creators will breathe new life into the familiar storyline and bring the material afresh to global audiences with 12 episodes. The Original Series centres around members of the gang recruited by the Professor, hostages, and Task Force Team tackling the heist.

The Korean adaptation of La Casa de Papel will launch globally as Netflix Original Series, and more details will come soon.

Director: Kim Hong-sun
Writers: Ryu Yong-jae, Kim Hwan-chae, Choe Sung-jun
Production Companies: BH Entertainment, Contents Zium
Cast:
    •    Gang Members: Yoo Ji-tae (“The Professor”), Park Hae-soo (“Berlin”), Jeon Jong-seo (“Tokyo”), Lee Won-jong (“Moscow”), Kim Ji-hun (“Denver”), Jang Yoon-ju (“Nairobi”), (“Rio”), Kim Ji-hun (“Helsinki”), Lee Kyu-ho (“Oslo”)
    •    Task Force Team: Kim Yunjin (“Seon Woojin”), Kim Sung-o (“Cha Moohyuk”) 
    •    Hostages: Park Myung-hoon (“Cho Youngmin”), Lee Joobeen (“Youn Misun”) 

Asset: Download here

About Netflix:
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.

———

https://zapzee.net/2021/03/31/korean-version-of-netflixs-money-heist-confirms-its-official-cast-lineup/

Korean Version of Netflix’s ‘Money Heist’ Confirms Its Official Cast Lineup

by krishkim

D9218967-8429-4910-AC29-957959EA2189.jpg

Korean Version of Netflix original series Money Heist announced the complete cast lineup.

On March 31st, Netflix revealed the cast lineup for the Korean remake of Money Heist: Yoo Ji Tae, Kim Yun Jin, Park Hae Soo, Jeon Jong Seo, Lee Won Jong, Park Myung Hoon, Kim Sung Oh, Kim Ji Hoon, Jang Yoon Ju, Lee Joo Bin, Park Jung Woo, Kim Ji Hoon, and Lee Kyu Ho.

80FF04C5-7E3B-4C03-BBC9-8F841011C191.jpg

The role of “The Professor” went to Old Boy and The Good Wife actor Yoo Ji Tae. Lost and Mistresses actress Kim Yun Jin will be playing Sun Woo Jin. Sun Woo Jin is the leader of the police crisis negotiation team.

Best actors were chosen for the roles of the Professor’s gang with unique personalities, hostages that bring about unforeseen circumstances, and TF team.

Time to Hunt and Prison Playbook actor Park Hae Soo will turn into Berlin. Burning and The Call actress Jeon Jong Seo was cast as Tokyo, while Delayed Justice actor Lee Won Jong will play Moscow. Parasite actor Park Myung Hoon turns into Cho Young Min, a hostage and the director of the Mint Bureau. LUCA: The Beginning actor Kim Sung Oh plays former special force Captain Cha Moo Hyun dispatched to the heist. Flower of Evil actor Kim Ji Hoon will take on the role of Denver. Veteran and Three Sisters actress Jang Yoon Ju joins the project as Nairobi.

Spoiler

DE605843-9A0E-4737-A4AD-D0E762D56738.jpg

A3619258-24F7-4417-AF56-6BEF5E1A446B.jpg

The role of bookkeeper Yoon Mi Sun who has an affair with Cho Young Min went to She Would Never Know actress Lee Joo Bin. Team Bulldog: Off-duty Investigation actor Park Jung Woo becomes Rio. “Scene stealer” Kim Ji Hoon will turn into Helsinki. Helsinki’s cousin Oslo will come to life with Stove League actor Lee Kyu Ho.

Money Heist is a Spanish heist crime drama television series created by Álex Pina. The series traces two long-prepared heists led by the Professor, one on the Royal Mint of Spain and one on the Bank of Spain. It created a global sensation when it was released on Netflix in late 2017. The Korean remake will feature a similar plot but is staged against the backdrop of the Korean peninsula.

The Guest and Voice director Kim Hong Sun helms the remake project. My Holo Love and Psychopath Diary screenwriter Ryu Yong Jae and his writers team pen the script.

Source: Netflix

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://zapzee.net/2021/04/27/lim-ji-yeon-will-appear-in-the-korean-remake-of-money-heist-as-a-character-never-seen-before/
Lim Ji Yeon Joins the Korean Remake of ‘Money Heist’ as a Lead Role

by willow

Actress Lim Ji Yeon will join the Korean adaptation of Money Heist as an original character who was not in the previous series.

An individual related to the drama department informed Ilgan Sports on the 27th, “Lim Ji Yeon will feature in the Korean remake of Money Heist, which is also a Netflix original.”’

However, Lim Ji Yeon’s role in the show was not in the original series. Lim Ji Yeon gets to play the character, Seoul. That is to say, the characters in the series have their names after various cities around the world, such as Berlin (Park Hae Soo) and Nairobi (Jang Yoon Ju). And her character appears in the later parts of the season to create the twists and turns of the show.

EDFD8B7F-EB6B-4CD0-9B5D-CFCF9E8FFB04.jpg
Credit: News1

Source (1)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...