[Drama 2021-2022] Snowdrop, 설강화

gm4queen

I like the scenes between Suho and Chungya. They hid in a cave and the next day she 

asked him to sell her the necklace.

Her feelings for him are strong but I hope that at some point she will save his life and return the favor.

FIjFAPJVUAAxm_3?format=jpg&name=360x360

FHWig6aVQAAM9Dn?format=jpg&name=360x360

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS75zD047DI291dCcS0Hng

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

0005844202_001_20220114091701630.jpg?type=w430

Stills of Gye Boon-ok (Kim Hye-yoon) wearing a colorful costume and holding a gun were released. 
There is a lot of interest in the background of how Boon-ok Gye, who was a telephone operator in the dormitory at Hoho Womens University, got the gun and who she aimed the gun at. 

In the released still cuts, Gye Boon-ok wearing a red beret and a dress was put. Gye Bun-ok is dressed in clothes that do not match the hostage play and is holding a gun with an angry expression, and attention is focused on what might have happened to her. 

In particular, Kang Cheong-ya (Yoo In-na) of 'Moranbong No. 1' is standing next to Gye Bun-ok, raising curiosity about what happened between the two of them. 

There is also interest in how Gye Bun-ok uses the radio he found in the bathroom. In the 9th episode, Gye Boon-ok fought with Sang-beom (Kim Jeong-hoon), who pushed where the public money was. She was looking for a hairpin that had fallen in the trash, and found a walkie-talkie that had been dried in tissue. Attention is focused on how Boon-ok Gye, who had anger towards Yeong-ro (Jisoo) and the dormitory students, will use a radio that allows emergency communication with the outside world. 

In the 10th episode of 'Snowdrop', which will be aired on the 15th, Hanna (Jung Yoo-jin), who is instructed by Kang Mu (Jang Seung-jo), moves to catch the evidence of the secret surrounding the hostage play, and Su-ho (Jung Hae-in) and Chu-ho, who doubt the will of the party, The content of the confrontation between Cheongya, who does not tolerate even the suspicion of

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/421/0005844202

• Thanks 2

@Heedong

From one of the pictures, CY has her hand on BO’s shoulder and she looks smug about it. Maybe she’s just pretending to be on CY’s side? I don’t think they’re sisters though but if they are, that would be such a twist! I’m not sure if she has the money bag though, I mean, wouldn’t that be obvious if the bag was missing? Unless she just took some of the money and not all of it. I was wondering what she did when she found the walk-ie talkie. Or who she would contact. 

I think we’re gonna get romantic scenes of SH and YR at the church? I saw some photos of them taken at the church. Was it shown in the preview that she returned the necklace?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shinkeru said:

@Heedong

From one of the pictures, CY has her hand on BO’s shoulder and she looks smug about it. Maybe she’s just pretending to be on CY’s side? I don’t think they’re sisters though but if they are, that would be such a twist! I’m not sure if she has the money bag though, I mean, wouldn’t that be obvious if the bag was missing? Unless she just took some of the money and not all of it. I was wondering what she did when she found the walk-ie talkie. Or who she would contact. 

Its a flashback because look at Cheong Ya's forehead....no wound...and look at Boon Ok's hair, well put together....I mean the only way this would work if its a flashback....I am guessing she was put in the dorm to keep an eye on Su Ho or maybe Young Ro. She did make sure Young Ro couldn't leave. That in retrospect wasn't just her jealousy. I am guessing Cheong Ya and Boon Ok needed to make sure Su Ho can be controlled....and Young Ro is both a political pawn and Su Ho's weakness...it'd actually make all her annoying, over the top behavior perfect sense. She was moderator of the situation and nobody realized it. That'd be a neat twist.

I hate to say this but this is also another bomb shell story line that would not be well accepted by domestic audiences. During the same time period, back in Jan 1987 a rising entrepreneur from South Korea murdered his wife, a South Korean named Suzy Kim (Kim Ok Boon)....he first tried to seek asylum with North Korea, he was denied the request, then returned to South Korea. He claimed North Korean's killed Kim Ok Boon after she had failed to kidnap him and she was a spy. The NIS found the story was fake soon enough but took money from him and used it as a propaganda tool at that time to help the regime. Yoon Tae Sik was finally sentenced to 15 years in prison in 2002.

Please somebody explain why the writer is doing this? It wasn't necessary at all.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

Its a flashback because look at Cheong Ya's forehead....no wound...and look at Boon Ok's hair, well put together....I mean the only way this would work if its a flashback....I am guessing she was put in the dorm to keep an eye on Su Ho or maybe Young Ro. She did make sure Young Ro couldn't leave. That in retrospect wasn't just her jealousy. I am guessing Cheong Ya and Boon Ok needed to make sure Su Ho can be controlled....and Young Ro is both a political pawn and Su Ho's weakness...it'd actually make all her annoying, over the top behavior perfect sense. She was moderator of the situation and nobody realized it. That'd be a neat twist.

That would be a good twist. Though I would’ve preferred Boon Ok’s sad family story and the way the writer gave a sympathy arc for her character’s attitude. It would not blend well if she is indeed a spy too. I don’t understand what timeline the flashback you’re referring to because Dr Kang is wearing the same clothes? It looks like they were at the chapel inside the dorm. And if Boon Ok was really a spy, I don’t understand why would she blow her cover so easily when Dr Kang had the upper hand and the situation was under her control? Any theories?

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

JTBC’s “Snowdrop” has shared a sneak peek of the upcoming episode!

Directed and written by the “SKY Castle” team, “Snowdrop” is set in Seoul in 1987. It is about the love story between Su Ho (Jung Hae In), a student at a prestigious university who rushes into a women’s university covered in blood one day, and Young Ro (BLACKPINK‘s Jisoo), a student at the women’s university who hides and take care of him despite facing danger and close surveillance.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Kye Boon Ok (Kim Hye Yoon) found a walkie-talkie rolled up in tissue paper while looking for a hair clip that had fallen into the trash can. Viewers are curious how she will use it to contact the outside world.

New stills show Kye Boon Ok wearing a bright polka dot dress and a red beret to match. Her eyes flash with fury as she holds a gun up. Her outfit and weapon do not match the current hostage situation, which makes viewers wonder how she ended up in that situation. In particular, Kang Chung Ya (Yoo In Na), also known as Moran Hill 1, a high-ranking agent of North Korea, is spotted next to Kye Book Ok, raising questions about their relationship.

kim-hye-yoon-1.jpg

kim-hye-yoon-21.jpg

Episode 10 of “Snowdrop” will depict Jang Han Na (Jung Yoo Jin) trying to catch evidence of secrets surrounding the hostage crisis as instructed by Lee Kang Moo (Jang Seung Jo). It will also show a tense confrontation between Su Ho, who is doubting his government, and Kang Chung Ya, who doesn’t tolerate the slightest doubt.

This episode of “Snowdrop” will air on January 15 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508408wpp/yoo-in-na-and-kim-hye-yoon-raise-questions-with-their-suspicious-behavior-in-snowdrop

• Like 3

I think Bun Ok and Chung Ya being sisters is highly unlikely. Bun Ok is probably just swayed by the power being on the other side can seemingly offer her. Ms.Pi had never said that Bun Ok’s sister was a spy, but that she was accused of being one, which at the time was an excuse the ANSP used to capture protesters that fought against the political regime of that period. Ms.Pi went on to say how a perfectly normal family was ruined because of one false accusation, so to be careful of how she gossips. Which probably means her sister is either in prison, or already dead. It would also imply that Ms.Pi is at least to som degree familiar with who Bun Ok’s sister is. Moreover, it’s even more unlikely that her sister whose reputation was ruined and caused the supposed downfall of her family could go around continuing to act as a doctor of the South, makes even less sense when we consider how Bun Ok is still paying for her father’s medical fees, or that if they were from the North for their whole family to be in the South. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, shinkeru said:

That would be a good twist. Though I would’ve preferred Boon Ok’s sad family story and the way the writer gave a sympathy arc for her character’s attitude. It would not blend well if she is indeed a spy too. I don’t understand what timeline the flashback you’re referring to because Dr Kang is wearing the same clothes? It looks like they were at the chapel inside the dorm. And if Boon Ok was really a spy, I don’t understand why would she blow her cover so easily when Dr Kang had the upper hand and the situation was under her control? Any theories?

They could both be spies with different circumstances or set of instructions. Maybe Dr. Kang is blackmailing Boon Ok with her sisters life on line.  They both look clean, rested....either tgis is flash back or flash forward. I can understand Boon Ok changing clothes but a hat added to in midst of hostage drama seems absurd.

• Like 2

@Nymeria289 That would seem like a lot to add to an already complicated story. If it is that way I wonder why they would chose to do that, as it really would be falling into the accusations that Snowdrop is characterizing North Korean spies as being hidden amongst the protesters. Also, I think it would take something away from Bun Ok’s character. If her sister is actually innocent and isn’t a spy, then Bun Ok is the one and only representation of someone whose whole family was ruined because of the corrupted south korean government of that time. Young Ro doesn’t count as much because she’s not a normal civilian. A lot of what this story relies on is showing how corrupt both sides were. Episode 10 isn’t even that far away and we’re all on the edge waiting for it and thinking out all these theories :partyblob: 

They could both be spies with different circumstances or set of instructions. Maybe Dr. Kang is blackmailing Boon Ok with her sisters life on line.  They both look clean, rested....either tgis is flash back or flash forward. I can understand Boon Ok changing clothes but a hat added to in midst of hostage drama seems absurd.

About that hat! I have a theory that IF Bun Ok is actually siding with them, then her getting dressed up could be a show of superiority. Drunk off power and trying to exude it in any form possible. 

• Like 1

That’s interesting and very possible. I still can’t wrap my head around this situation of Boon Ok being a spy and revealing that info to everyone  though. It seems to me that it’s better to hide that info as much as possible like the way Dr Kang did in the beginning. If she were a spy and had to keep tabs on SH and YR, it’ll be easier to do if her identity wasn’t revealed. As far as last episode, she hadn’t compromised her situation or broke any ideologies so I guess I’m just puzzled about it as she gave the impression of that character who would do anything just to get out of her dire circumstance. Unless the writer is trolling us with how she is depicted. Anyway, whether she is a spy or not, her life seems pitiful either way. And might end in tragedy with how the writer seem to imply YR’s handing to her the Romeo and Juliet book as a way of her being passed on that tragic ending.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littleinvisiblenao said:

@Nymeria289 

About that hat! I have a theory that IF Bun Ok is actually siding with them, then her getting dressed up could be a show of superiority. Drunk off power and trying to exude it in any form possible. 

I already think this show is haphazardly written, even without all the controversy this show has major issues with writing and pacing....if they pull something absurd with her wearing hat, I'll drop it. I didn't sign up for Makjang with this.

• Like 1