[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Jun Jiu Ling 君九龄

sugarplum892

22 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Any idea why the slow down in subs on this one?

There is actually no slow down- for vip viewers it is subbed up to ep24, and,  according to the broadcasting schedule, ep25-26 will be out today. Some super vip option (?) allows to watch even faster than standard vip, but there are no subs.

I'm at ep 28... and I don't know... Just 12 episodes to go and so far

Spoiler

none of the plot lines is concluded or seems to be resolved soon...

Furthermore, I've decided to watch ending credits more closely (I should confess I usually just skip them at once), and

Spoiler

1) if I'm not mistaken they would have a funeral :tears:?!

2) the last scene of the credits shows someone in red spinning around together with a small figure in light clothes- may that be Jiu Ling and her little brother? 

Overall, getting really nervous. Do not want rushed ending, or "Changge" type of ending, or bad ending :huh:

By the way, Jiuling's brother will be in Immortality portraying child Chu Wanning :partyblob:

Dear God, I'm dying here, I've seen that raw ep 31-36 are available,  but I've decided to wait for the subs bcs

Spoiler

from the trailers I understood JJL would finally tell ZZ the truth :wub:, so I don't want to miss any tiny detail from the dialogs ).

So far, I think the drama is growing stronger with the new episodes, so high hopes for the next episodes:).

Just jumping in to say that Chinese netizens are extra critical of Jin Han because of his past cheating scandal and the fact that he keeps getting lead roles due to nepotism. Also, they find him unprofessional because Sun Yi said in an interview that he ate ma la tang just right before filming their kiss scene and it caused her lips to go swollen from the spiciness. And I remember another actress, (I think it was Peng Xiao Ran, actually) talking in an interview that Jin Han was smoking right before their kiss scene and the smoke made her sick or something. So yeah, he got bashed a lot for not respecting his female costars. 

I plan on watching this for Peng Xiao Ran, but I think I'm gonna read the novel first.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2021 at 8:51 AM, MidnightRain said:

Just jumping in to say that Chinese netizens are extra critical of Jin Han because of his past cheating scandal and the fact that he keeps getting lead roles due to nepotism. Also, they find him unprofessional because Sun Yi said in an interview that he ate ma la tang just right before filming their kiss scene and it caused her lips to go swollen from the spiciness. And I remember another actress, (I think it was Peng Xiao Ran, actually) talking in an interview that Jin Han was smoking right before their kiss scene and the smoke made her sick or something. So yeah, he got bashed a lot for not respecting his female costars. 

I plan on watching this for Peng Xiao Ran, but I think I'm gonna read the novel first.

Thanks for the explanation, which is why it's easy for him to play the role as Zhu Zan with that kind of personality. I saw the interview of PXR with the other 3 male actors. I truly enjoyed her chemistry with Wang You Shuo.

sorry folks, for now there's no subs. But throughout their interaction (which may have been pre-planned by production) they poke fun at each other. The first question after they both introduced each other was "What is the relationship of Childe Ning to Jun Jiu Ling?" And PXR says chess friend, as in someone who plays chess with her and he pretends to minunderstand and says "lose hope/heart? (they sound very similar)" (He is asked a similar question like what is she to him, and he replies "white moonlight", ie it's a literal translation, sorry my Chinese is limited so that's the best I can do, but it's definitely a compliment and she feels a little apologetic because he describes her so nicely while her earlier answer was really too distant, as if they were nothing more than mere acquaintances.)

Then in another question, they are asked "If  Zhu Zan didn't exist, would Childe Ning be JJL's first choice?" He says "yes" and she says "No!". [look at his exasperation around 0:46]

And then one more question, "When it comes to marriage arrangements, where is Childe Ning in the order, as in the first, the second, etc?" He replies, "The first." And she looks at him and goes "You must be kidding!" And then he has to explain that their marriage has been arranged since they were kids.

So you can see that the two of them really enjoy making fun of each other... I enjoyed this very, very much!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SC2019 said:

So you can see that the two of them really enjoy making fun of each other... I enjoyed this very, very much!

Seems like he takes her answers really seriously :D

Overall IMO the quality of the interview is not as good as it could be). The guys all look relatively nervous,  I wish they would be more relaxed.

I understand it depends on a person,  but I remember her interviews with Oliver Chen were like fire  :partyblob:.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

And I remember another actress, (I think it was Peng Xiao Ran, actually) talking in an interview that Jin Han was smoking right before their kiss scene and the smoke made her sick or something.

It's another actress actually. But he did smoke in front of PXR and other staffs during the filming.

• Like 2

Finally got the opportunity to watch ep31-32 and

Spoiler

finally she confirms she is who he thinks she is:partyblob:.  That was very sweet, and the scenes were shot beautifully). I expected he remembered smth from that night, but not everything. Great acting from both actors:wub:.

Also I love ZZ's Mum, how she teases her son is just on another level))). 

Prince-uncle seems to be a decent and capable person, I suppose they should tell him the truth when the time is right. 

By the way, I just understood that JJL's older sister was a female general in Love and Destiny. She's like a totally different person here, I'm impressed). 

2 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Finally got the opportunity to watch ep31-32 and

Reveal hidden contents

By the way, I just understood that JJL's older sister was a female general in Love and Destiny. She's like a totally different person here, I'm impressed). 

Oh yes, an evil one in that drama, LOL. At times, you can see the steel in her eyes when she talks to her maniacal hubby.

• Awesome 1

On 10/8/2021 at 1:47 PM, leo2020 said:

@SC2019 seems like "fast track cancelation" is already in action, since after 36ep no new episodes are added? 

I wonder if the platforms will refund those who paid in advance :D.

Yesterday they aired E39-40 for VIP audience. Apparently Viki is the only one showing an extra 3 minutes from the ending which is shown in the trailer. For those watching on Youku, those 3 minutes were not shown. Possibly some extra sessions coming up?

Spoiler

Till the end Childe Ning was a true gentleman, that's all I can say. And things between Lu Yun Qi and her were finally resolved. Despite being so maniacal, he could be reasoned with and he threw his support to her after she beseeched him. Without him, it won't have been such a smooth ride. Him and Childe Ning, and of course her 'little brother', Fang Cheng Yu.

i didn't see the "extra" scene yet

only at the final scene where the new emperor rise up , i think it's out of courtesy to real life they don't want it to be overshadowed by the lead male and female characters

overall i rate the drama 7.8/10

better than most drama in the past 3 years , but lacking in storyline length and sword fighting

front 3/4 of the story is that thrill about the lead character not revealing her real identity , always so close so near but denied , to put it in crude words "holding back the diarrhea"

ep 37 38 war scenes was good , 9/10 rating for these 2 episodes

5 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Apparently Viki is the only one showing an extra 3 minutes from the ending which is shown in the trailer.

Well, I'm that poor viewer, who watched the abrupted version and was left with my mouth opened while having the titles without any ending :brokenheart:  I have some problems and questions  re the ending in general, but since I haven't seen that 3 minutes I won't comment on that now.

Spoiler
5 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Till the end Childe Ning was a true gentleman, that's all I can say.

I literally cried while watching him parting ways with JJ forever and playing go with her for the last time...very sad... that silence between them spoke more than 1000 words...