[Drama 2020] The Zombie Detective, 좀비탐정

0ly40

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] The Zombie Detective, 좀비탐정

For me, this finale was perfect. Such a unique and refreshing drama. It's not perfect, but I would definitely say it's a good one! The ending actually had me begging for more. Hoping for a season 2 :hwaiting:

Spoiler

Writer, why tease me with that hint of romance in the end. 

I loved the last arc with Noh Poong Shik, it was exciting to watch! :w00t: 

He really did look terrifying there, kudos to the actor. The teamwork was fun to watch and Sung Rok/Wang Wei interactions with KMY are hilarious (I should call him Kang Min Ho now but I feel like Kim Moo Young sounds like a catchier name and KMH is more like his human identity while KMY is his zombie identity?) My top 3 favourite characters of CJH are from Zombie Detective, Devilish Joy, and Gu Family Book, I fell in love with his characters within the first 30 mins of the 1st episodes :love: 

What's with the post credits scene? Did SR really turn into a zombie or they are trying to mislead us again like they did in the beginning of the show where KMY almost bit the FL and another scene also showed her looking in a mirror with zombie makeup on but she didn't actually turn into one. I think turning SR into a zombie takes away the point of the show where the ML is supposed to be the only "Zombie Detective". I also wanted to see TG's reaction to him being a zombie, they could even make him star in one of his zombie movies too which would've been a cooler post-ending credits instead.

@crystaltears

Haha   I don’t think SR turns into a zombie.  We know Tae Hang Ho (as SR) and CJH(as KMY) played the same character( Na Wang-Sik ) in ‘The Last Empress’.   ‘Zombie Detective’ has a lot of parody and CJH(KMY) & THH(SR) is one of them.  So it’s funny to see how SR is obsessed with KMY.  Yeah we know why but probably SR doesn’t;  In kdrama universe once they are the same person because the writer wants it that way.    Maybe that invisible connection makes KMY so irresistible to SR  lol   So amazing how the writer/pdnim thought of CJH and THH for this drama  whahaha  :lol:

EDIT:  Humm second thought, maybe the writer/pdnim turn THH-SR into a zombie saying THH is before CJH’s transformation and at the end CJH returns to his original,THH???  haha  :mrgreen:

Hannah Oh

21h 

they look so gooddd together uwuu

0JG4FGZ.jpg

Spoiler

kFJ8Pai.jpg

EaeIBsB.jpg

Yeondan Lopez

3h 

The beautiful bride of zombie, Park Joo Hyun

QIdQH54.jpg

Spoiler

Yam9ZEn.jpg

F50zxW0.jpg

cfH5UQx.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk Philippines

1d 

Even if Zombie Detective was ended, G - Tree Creative has a plenty of pictures of Choi Jin Hyuk

i3pxe4p.jpg

Spoiler

NsLQ0dG.jpg

**His IG statement shows what ZD meant to him. He gushed out  haha   Yup he’s happy about ZD and KMY.   For a maturing actor playing something new can be exciting and challenging.

崔振赫香港飯團 Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group

real_jinhyuk 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG4-wU4AdJS/...

Thank you sincerely to viewers who have loved ZD
Thank you so much to all of the staff and cast who were so passionate about making ZD
I am so grateful and happy working for this drama
I miss all of you so much and I love you
I feel so emotionally attached to the drama
Thank you!! I love you!!

RAEsg4R.jpg

Spoiler

iwikjXP.jpg

Nx6nrAj.jpg

ejjeGIw.jpg

**CJH DC gave a bouquet of sunflowers( MY”s sunflower) and balloons for the wrapping of ZD. 

e8LunXu.gif

P5UHHlg.gif

Spoiler

(MY sunflower)

R8DacNm.gif

doaFmLV.gif

DHILNSX.jpg

qNhkfXj.jpg

cr to DC

4 hours ago, booha said:

Reveal hidden contents

**CJH DC gave a bouquet of sunflowers( MY”s sunflower) and balloons for the wrapping of ZD. 

Reveal hidden contents

(MY sunflower)

cr to DC

handsome. sometimes he reminds me to victor halperin's white zombie was released in 1932 and is often cited as the first zombie film

:fear:

Yeondan Lopez

'Happy Halloween from our handsome zombie Choi Jin Hyuk"

CTMhJFA.jpg  

On 10/29/2020 at 10:40 PM, fighting said:

handsome. sometimes he reminds me to victor halperin's white zombie was released in 1932 and is often cited as the first zombie film

Hi sorry for the late response   Thank you about ‘victor halperin's white zombie’ :relaxed:    I found and watched a trailer   What a bygone era   Acting style is so mesmerizing to watch.  Yes I read it is considered as the first zombie film.   I also read a few reviews and they are interesting to read.   Though personally I’m not that into zombie stuff,  I became to like very much CJH’s zombie.   haha

(reviews)

https://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleader/archives/2015/10/30/the-1930s-chiller-white-zombie-is-an-experimental-horror-masterpiece

https://www.filmcomment.com/article/white-zombie-1932-victor-halperin-dvd-review/

Trailer - White Zombie (1932)

Spoiler

cr to uploader

gFz2UXX.gif

** (EP12) ZD & Ghostbusters, such goofy deadpan brothers fighting for justice haha :sweat_smile:

J19EVhr.gif

E4U8TRB.gif

Ghostbusters Music Video HD

Spoiler

Suh Zee

'My Zombie Detective...'

Cz52cZx.jpg

Spoiler

aW8EzRT.jpg

SSTX7Fk.jpg

pRB9WTp.jpg

** A short review about ZD

read more => https://www.facebook.com/TheHallyuEnthusiast/posts/130660252140466

((portion))

Although fantasy by genre, Zombie Detective gave a satirical presentation on how a zombie can be more humane than humans. The series also shows that kindness can go a long way… it gives hope and comfort to the people around you.

Spoiler
If we talk about chemistry, this series definitely have it… Choi Jin Hyuk-Park Joo Hyun-Kwon Hwa Woon made an adorable trio.

The pacing is quite fast but at the same time dragged a bit when I had to watch about 2 episodes where they were storytelling about the script/scenario that Soon Ji’s brother-in-law wrote. It could have been shortened and put more exposure time for the trio (because I can’t get enough of these three).

As for the ending, it was kinda open ended and made people wanting for Season 2 (will he find the man who can help him turn into a human? can he really turn back into human? will Kang Min Ho and Soon Ji be more than friends? Will he join the detective agency?)

Another episode of why I am convinced I am JOMBIEE at this point!!! Annyeonghaseyo, admin Jombie Imnida!!!
FA7jXnP.jpg

Zombie Detective cast and crew signing off now!!

**This making has so many funny scenes so I translated some parts

[making] BTS of KZombie VS KangSi, Qing Dynasty overseas student!

Spoiler

(032) Kong(hoping sound)   I told you when I say one, you jump
(033) One~  kong  Two~  Kong    I told you to jump when I say one. You have no learning ability!
(038) Again~  one
(039) There is no mercy ((*teasing))  SungRok training hard WangWey  kekeke

(059)(CJH)  Today’s zombie makeup seems milder than usual~   Compared to previous makeup today it looks yangban(gentry)
(105) look at each other laughing ((*because of their hilarious transformation))
(109) (CJH) I’m going crazy, really…   Aeuuu~ how can I do filming.. (though worry but it’s funny)
(1:12) (LJO-Wang)   gibbergibber (actual wording: Because of this, I can’t talk normally) ((*because having  fake teeth, his talk sounds like incoherent gibberish)) (which causes more laughs)

(1:26) ((* CJH has trouble taking a picture as he can’t stop laughing seeing how they look))

(1:37)  ???
(1:38) <= cough made a glued fake tooth fell off
(1:40) Who made a coughing sound…?
(1:41) Tooth came off…!

(1:54) ((* NG because PJH is busy laughing while looking at others  that  she misses a filming cue. ))

(2:32) Biting each other… 

(2:34) Realistic makeup + realistic scene acting + humor-code  = The finest scene
 (2:37) Kongkong is hitting zombie…
(2:39) Zombie and KangSi duel  fiercely...!

(2:41) utterly  exhausted

[Last Making] Release everything .. Undisclosed BTS & final thoughts from cast

[Making] This is not a Halloween party, but a zombie detective filming site//Exciting making until the end

GSJ  "Boss!  Let's go together!" :kaching3:

https://twitter.com/kimgyoju_/status/1326189166158176256

I hope you’ll enjoy reading it!

Can’t you see he’s effort? He’s really one of a kind zombie While trying to be human, he managed to do tongue twister as well! You should see how zombies rap in this drama.
V6TsDVU.jpg

Spoiler

kNcmM4a.jpg

N07EFJR.jpg

YOfpT0m.jpg

It’s quite a refreshing drama where they decided to make a zombie more human compared to a typical zombie stereotypes. Especially his monologue, he’s is effortlessly funny!
T7tq0NE.jpg

Spoiler

YnuocRs.jpg

9axDc29.jpg

rAPiN8v.jpg

Archived