[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Word of Honor 山河令

sugarplum892

16 hours ago, Psoravior said:

Really good story and well made show. I’m especially impressed considering the severe budget restrictions they had. One of my favorite shows of 2021. 

Too bad the show can’t depict a real gay romance. But instead have to opt for BL, a sub-genre which is aimed towards straight women. However this show did a good job handling this, despite having to make so many work arounds, and avoids making something shallow.

This show has some rich world building, a good overall story and the relationship between the two leads are well told. Their relationship is integral to the drama, but not the complete focal point, or the only important element of the story. The message of the story is also well told and there seem to be quite a lot of care that’s been put into it. The ending just doesn’t match with the storyline, but then again Chinese dramas are basically forced to have a happy ending.

Seemingly the writers wanted to go for something real and gave us a good proper Wuxia story. A term that people seem to use for anything with martial arts. This show is an example of what is Wuxia; Rivers and lakes.

Hello and welcome Mountain Friend! Glad to know that you have enjoyed the drama like us...Are you staying on the mountain with us? 

:fullofhearts:

If Ah Xu was a Koi Princess....

wiRU5bj.jpg

Credit to original creator

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

5 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

I had the same thoughts here too...

I'm also today years old :tears:

16 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Fellow Mountain People...Did you all notice this?

Nope :D I was mesmerized by WKX and his walnuts maybe...we need to rewatch more kekeke

• Love 2