[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Brilliant Heart Like Jade/The Sword and The Brocade 锦心似玉

sugarplum892

When i browsed weibo, i saw a beautiful scene.  here are some gifs of that scene

:hooray2:He is completely smitten and under her control, wow!!!!!!!!!!  And i like how they converse with each other, be it family, palace or his work affairs.  Its so normal and there is no awkwardness.  Its like they have married for so long and understand each other very well.

JPdcbxr.gif

rbKj0t6.gif

hQxI5Gx.gif

Spoiler

iL0l7UK.gif

oQTa9oM.gif

gQPBuXd.gif

:bashful:

vzZNkNh.gif

FsiCklA.gif

mWNBZxW.gif

cr:weibo 锦心似玉

• Like 8
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, AusNoodleLover said:

I thought it was just me! He has a strange gait at times almost like he has back pain or had back surgery. 

He’s been through many battles and had multiple injuries. Like how Er-saw asked him about his arm and if the old injuries were acting up so it may be that sometimes?? He doesn’t seem to do it all the time...but I have noticed that some of the men walk funny in those type of clothing.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, hello210 said:

He’s been through many battles and had multiple injuries. Like how Er-saw asked him about his arm and if the old injuries were acting up so it may be that sometimes?? He doesn’t seem to do it all the time...but I have noticed that some of the men walk funny in those type of clothing.

I did not notice an unusual gait except the time he was nursing that stab wound. However, princess-carrying your wife several times now will bring some toil to his back, I am sure for a man of somewhat older.

I cannot wait for Ou Li Xing to fall flat on his face once again because of Xu Ling Yi's young wife. She best him yet again.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

I did not notice an unusual gait except the time he was nursing that stab wound. However, princess-carrying your wife several times now will bring some toil to his back, I am sure for a man of somewhat older.

I cannot wait for Ou Li Xing to fall flat on his face once again because of Xu Ling Yi's young wife. She best him yet again.

Yes...can’t wait for them to best Ou LiXing. Him and his wife are so smug; would like to see them both get taken down by our lovely couple.

I think it’s interesting in the Xu household when it comes to the two brothers and the love they have for their wives (Shiyi and Danyang). When they have to take a concubine, they will do their duty in providing the creature comforts but when it comes to their heart and affection, they each only look to their wives. With the exception of the two concubines that LingYi got through deceit (no bed time or kids for them), he at least had a child with each one even if he wasn’t affectionate with them...only did his minimal duty even with Yuanniang until he met someone that actually spoke to his heart.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, hello210 said:

Yes...can’t wait for them to best Ou LiXing. Him and his wife are so smug; would like to see them both get taken down by our lovely couple.

I think it’s interesting in the Xu household when it comes to the two brothers and the love they have for their wives (Shiyi and Danyang). When they have to take a concubine, they will do their duty in providing the creature comforts but when it comes to their heart and affection, they each only look to their wives. With the exception of the two concubines that LingYi got through deceit (no bed time or kids for them), he at least had a child with each one even if he wasn’t affectionate with them...only did his minimal duty even with Yuanniang until he met someone that actually spoke to his heart.

I felt he had a soft spot for Yuanning.He was hurt from her deception towards him.He expected her to understand him.You have expectations from people you care  about.He was pleased to see Shiyi differ from her in that aspect.She tried to make amends unlike Yuanniang who kept on pushing her agenda regardless.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I believe that when Xu Ling Yi took over as the head of the Xu family, he put onto himself some rigid discipline or principles to ensure the continuing survival of his family. He is disappointed that no one did the same. Like Shi Yiniang explained to him hence untying the knot that no one can be like him but he will need to understand the other wants and needs too.

I think the light bulb that lit on for Xu Ling Yi with regards to Shi Yiniang that she was the first one who understood the dilemma he is going through. He thinks too much but is unable to do anything about it. The first member of his family to see that.

The other women including Yuan Niang all wanted something out of him. As for Yuan Niang, he protected her because she is his wife but he too is disappointed with her behaviour of expanding her influence to gain power and money for the Luo family. Shi Yiniang did not ask for the same and her selfless actions pleased Xu Ling Yi that he finally has a mate that share a common principle with him. Remember when Madame Qiao gave a ridiculous solution of chasing the refugees away so they will not soil Xu Ling Yi's career while as Shi Yiniang gave such a brilliant solution to settle the refugees womenfolk with skill and work.

You know Yuan Niang was worried that Xu Ling Yi will not put a stand on the difference between his sons. He will view them all the same. True to the fact, Xu Ling Yi viewed all his children as they are his and therefore he is responsible. Importantly, I think Xu Ling Yi will picked his heir via merit. Yuan Niang unlike Shi Yiniang probably never discuss with him on the children's future as he does now with Shi Yiniang. She is Madame Luo's daughter and the scheming must be in her education syallabus as well. But then again when the women had their kids, Xu Ling Yi was not around. It is only Shi Yiniang who now enjoy having a husband that is always around.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

:lol: Zhun-ge was the best in pointing out how his father is with Shiyi-niang and the family all noticed it. He’s more open and involved in the family now. It seemed that even if he was now working in the capital, he chose to stay away from home or his wives and really just made the requisite visits but no longer stayed the night with them until Shiyi-niang came into the picture. He cared for and respected Yuanniang as his wife but could no longer finish a discussion with her since she had changed from the way she was at the start of their marriage. He probably initially had hopes for more but it was dashed by the reality of how Yuanniang really was...competitive as his mother said. I think his own marriage experience is why he initially objected to betrothing Zhun-ge so early...too young to know how his personality is going to be to ensure a harmonious marriage. He’s commented a few times about his wives not taking into consideration that he would do what’s best for his sons. No one else discusses things with him about the children except Shiyi-niang. He doesn’t differentiate between his Di and Shu born children in terms of praise/education because that’s based on merit, but he does maintain the order of things. I think that was a point of contention between him and Yuanniang. I thought he said it in one of the earlier episodes that Yuanniang didn’t trust him that he would do the right thing with Zhun-ge, which to me is unless Zhun-ge turned out like young Wang (unprincipled, drunkard womanizer), Zhun-ge would rightfully inherit as the Di son. The way that him and Shiyi-niang treat the children would actually create a harmonious relationship and bond between the brothers to where, rather than competing for the title, Yu-ge would support and help Zhun-ge which is how it should be. 

Until Shiyi-niang, he really didn’t think he’d make a good husband. The way he is with Shiyi-niang is like a moth to a flame...he can’t help it even when he tried to distance himself. I think not only did Shiyi-niang share the same principles like how to handle the responsibilities of the refugees but there’s a stark difference between Shiyi-niang and his other wives, her decisions are also about the Xu family and maintaining those principles versus what benefitted her or Luo family. She doesn’t ignore her family’s needs but always keeps in mind how it would affect Xu family and Hou-ye and finds ways to help that wouldn’t harm Xu family or take advantage of their name/title. She didn’t take bribes unlike Yuanniang nor allow the use of the family name for business benefits like Wen and Qiao families. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Correct me if I’m wrong but is part of the reason LingYi wants to send Yu-ge away for school is to prevent him from being used by the Ou family due to the Wen family’s businesses along the coast?? Trying to understand the conversation between him and Shiyi-niang in ep36. They don’t think Wen Yiniang is the spy but her family’s businesses can be exploited by the Ou family in this feud. Plus, the Wen family had really been using the Xu family name for profit since Wen Yiniang married in until Qiao Yinisng and Shiyi-niang came along. Wen Yiniang no longer going to be as peaceful since she lost her dividends from Wen family.

• Like 5

Shi Yiniang is having:

- mother in law issues

- senior members in her own family issues ie senior mother and RickRoll'D 2nd sister

- squabbling, backstabbing issues with love rivals ie 3 concubines

- work vs home life issues

- step children situations

- sister in law issues

- a silent admirer causing misunderstanding issues

- household finance and HR issues

- business rival issues: the Ou family

- a murder mystery: her mother

- death threats ie the upcoming execution

BUT no husband issue? She has his full attention? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

oh well, at least there's one thing she need not worry about...:lol:

btw, what do people think of the OST? I'm absolutely in love with the main song Yao Yi Qi. And the singer, Zhou Shen, is amazing, has the best voice ever! :heart:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PPB said:

btw, what do people think of the OST? I'm absolutely in love with the main song Yao Yi Qi. And the singer, Zhou Shen, is amazing, has the best voice ever! :heart:

Love them...just downloaded them from iTunes cause they finally became available.  Lol...putting ep35 & 36 on replay while waiting for new ones. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PPB said:

The OSTs are amazing! My favourite is Yi Bian Yi Bian by Jin Wenqi. Each time that song comes on, my heart just breaks. So good yet so heartbreaking... T.T <3

• Like 4

14 hours ago, gracebkk said:

The OSTs are amazing! My favourite is Yi Bian Yi Bian by Jin Wenqi. Each time that song comes on, my heart just breaks. So good yet so heartbreaking... T.T <3

Yes! I love this song.

Edited by SC2019
Please write longer posts (more than 20 characters)
  • Like 2

I think the OST is really high quality here, which is often not the case, so it's really enjoyable! I also love the song sung by Seven Tan, there's a real sweetness about it, and indeed about the whole thing. However, Zhou Shen's voice is the best, in my opinion, he sounds like an angel! I wish I could sing like that! 

• Like 4

BTS of HouYe drunk scene :lol:

The next generation of Xu men are too cute :Pandabulous:

lol...the admin commentaries :lol:

Cr: Tencent YouTube 

on another note, regarding Qin Yiniang being the Ou spy, I saw some comments on YouTube about the actress that plays Qin Yiniang and looked her up since I didn’t really know who she was (I missed out on quite a few years of C-entertainment). She definitely has a history of playing lead/heroine roles, especially in costume dramas so the thought is that they would not just cast her as a background concubine for nothing. She’s good with being the subtle sly character so far.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

I am also loving the OST. The songs for this drama are all wonderful. Lately I have been listening to Wallace’s song the most. 

I am also really liking this forum thread. This is one of the first times that I am watching a drama as it is airing and reading other’s predictions about the drama. I can’t wait for Mondays so I can see what happens.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thanks for the BTS video's @hello210!:).

5 minutes ago, Amanda Lin said:

I am also loving the OST. The songs for this drama are all wonderful. Lately I have been listening to Wallace’s song the most. 

I am also really liking this forum thread. This is one of the first times that I am watching a drama as it is airing and reading other’s predictions about the drama. I can’t wait for Mondays so I can see what happens.  

Hi and welcome to the thread! :).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, hello210 said:

on another note, regarding Qin Yiniang being the Ou spy, I saw some comments on YouTube about the actress that plays Qin Yiniang and looked her up since I didn’t really know who she was (I missed out on quite a few years of C-entertainment). She definitely has a history of playing lead/heroine roles, especially in costume dramas so the thought is that they would not just cast her as a background concubine for nothing. She’s good with being the subtle sly character so far.

On YouTube I saw a still of of video of Concubine Qin dressed in dark with a look on her face as if she is going to reveal something spitefully. When I clicked on the video and watch it, it doesn’t show that scene. But from that still and the look on her face makes me feel that Concubine Qin is going to reveal some of her pent up emotions. 

With her comments to Concubine Wen lately, Concubine Qin doesn’t seem like a complete pushover. Also, she might possibly have some residual resentment from losing her child and not getting to foster the other child.  That instance and possibly feeling resentful makes me think that she can b the spy. But I could be wrong. So far she has for the most part been very kind and soft spoken but you never know with characters like those. Either they are truly, kind good people or a bad person that the other characters would never except. 

8 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Thanks for the BTS video's @hello210!:).

Hi and welcome to the thread! :).

Thanks for the welcome! 

• Like 6