[OFFICIAL] Ik♥️Song Nation - ALOHA COUPLE - Flower♥️Clown - 99ers

I am going to write why I think IkJun was included in the race to win SongHwa heart.

But before writing all that points ,I would like to clarify that I have not rewatched the drama yet so I may forget some points that I realized then but now as time has passed I may have forgot them so you all feel free to add your own points in my list.

Another thing that I want to mentio is that some of the points are not very clear but some are very clear almost are blatant that a person with the brain of a child capacity can see and conclude that Ik Jun was in the race to win Song's heart from the start & that they are the end game. So I have specifically mentioned Blatant word with them to let you know what in my view the blatant,in the face clues are 

Blatant

1: As I mentioned earlier JJS was first one to be casted so he is the main guy in terms of getting the main girl (because in the drama every character even side characters had their screen time to shine).

2: He was the last one among lacking 5 to introduce in the first episode. So the main one was saved for the last.

Blatant

3: The most important position in the band is given to Ik Jun (i.e the lead vocalist) not to anyone else from the rest of the 3. Why no one else was given this main position? Because JJS is the main character. And main character gets the main girl.

Blatant

4: He was married initially But Got Divorced, Why? Why the writer& PD took the trouble to made him divorced ,( the story could be written in a way where Ik Jun remained married and the real race could be among the rest of the 3 freinds. )Because this was the way to make him enter the race.

Blatant

5: Why SongHwa was exclusively shown to take care of U-ju in the first ep in the funeral scene. Remember when Ik Jun& Uju came into YUlji with Darth Vader helmet, Uju's nanny accompanied them. So while Ik Jun got busy in the only operation, Uju could easily left for the house with his nanny BUT No the team 

behind the cams made it a point to show us Uju & SongHwa sleeping comfortably in the sofa like Mother & Son & then later in the funeral Uju was sleeping with his head on SongHwa lap.  

When Uju got sick , why only SongHwa was called? Dr Andrea could be called by Ik Jun.

Blatant

6: Why drama exclusively showed her exclusive gaze for the Ik Jun during brand session? if he was not  a candidate of the race ,the same look would be directed upon either of the 2 JWs. During the 12 episodes not even once she looked at them like that.

7: As far as I read the other thread, though posters were not considering Ik Jun in the race But Even Then almost all of them could found a special spark between Songhwa-ikjun that they mentioned. Why & how? Of course the two actors acted in a way purposely to make people feel that way. Because in the future episodes they were to engage in a romantic sort of relationship.

Blatant

8: Most importantly( & I personally love this fact) , SongHwa did all sorts of things with each friend like she smiled to each friend

Ate with each friend

Fought with each friend  

Laughed at JunWan & Ikjun antics/ jokes, though mostly Lough out loud on Ik Jun antics

But

She never hit jokingly, in a friendly way to anyone else other than IkJun. NEVER.

And that says a lot.

Even she touched his shoulder & put her hand on his shoulder for the longest time in a scene in ep 9 or may be 10 where all of them going happily for band practice & they sung the only upbeat track Met you by chance Infront of Rosa& Jongsu. She washed his face, put medicine on his fingers. Such kind of skin ship is not shown by the team behind the cams for any other of her friend.( There was only one scene of her skin ship with Andrea but that was initiated by Andrea , remember he clutched her shoulders first, made her close to him & then SongHwa rested her head on his shoulder).

Blatant

9: Why SeokHyong only confessed to Ik Jun. He could have done that in front of either of the 2 JWs. Why team exclusively showed us that SH shared his secret to Ikjun & not to the other 2 friends. Because they were never part of the romantic relationship with SongHwa. SongHwa only liked/loved Ik Jun . 

10: Ikjun & SongHwa's scenes are shown in a way that are the epitome of the habits of a married couple.

When she washed his face

When they both made coffee in Ik Jun house & talked about weather in a very casual way . They were all alone in their very personal space acting like husband & wife who were busy in making coffee & cleaning the kitchen while their son was asleep in the bedroom. 

How they bicker a lot on petty issues like SongHwa habbit of fast eating, how Ik Jun pointed out that why she bought the stove when she could easily use earth to put logs.

11: Ikjun never chased a girl first, why? Because he had Song in his heart all the time, Song don't want to marry, why? Because she could not marry Ikjun. All this while when she trying hard to suppress her love for Ik Jun , she actually wants to marry only to him.

She was not shown a least bit of unhappy/sad upon breaking up with her cheating ex, why because

1) she probably dates as a shield to stop people making assumptions that why she do not get married .

2) Or probably to help her move on from her love of Ik jun.

I think she never took her past dating relationships very seriously.otherwise a women of her caliber & committment should have been settled in her personal life until now.

12: Why she is a work o holic , she does even the tasks that she can easily assign to others. May be trying to bury herself busy in work to not give attention to her lingering feelings for Ik Jun.

Blatant

13: Another one of my personal favourite fact,  Remember the scene when she was changing in her room , Ik Jun walked into the room. Why team  shows us the very intimate  very private moment of her life is chanced upon by Ik Jun & not by any one else. In her very private moment only Ik Jun was there , & I can't forget how he gave a good look to her body & was visibly flustered when Song said she was done. 

14: why the team bring a person out side of the friends circle to involve in the triangle. Simple 

If either of the 2 JWs were shown to be involved in the triangle, the whole friendship would have become a hot mess, all 4 males are main characters not the side ones so no one character of the triangle  caould be downplayed to highlight the other . The way the writer did to the 3rd part of the existing triangle captain Ahn. She purposely made captain Ahn cringy, bad, obsessed to make the way clear for IkJun. Now imagine could she do the same to Andrea or Kim jonwon?Never.

Blatant

15: In the existing triangle captain Ahn don't stand a chance because usually the male lead gets the girl not the second male lead. And how come a well established, well renowned , top class actor like JJS can loose the girl to a relatively low profile actor like Capt Ahn( don't remember his actual name). I don't think the team behind the cameras would dare to take such risk , at least now when Ik Jun has become such a famous character.

Believe me there are other more points I can tell you guys but I think the post has already become very long & I think I have already made my point soooo I ends it here. 

With all of the above reasons this was evident from the day 1 that Ik Jun is the love interest of Song & are going to be end game , I cannot wrap my head around , why people Ignored these blatant clues & tried to invent their own clues which were not even given in the story and drama to put Song in the romantic relationship with everyone else but not with IkJun.

Edited by JJS's Fan-atics
  • Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

7: Most importantly( & I personally love this fact) , SongHwa did all sorts of things with each friend like she smiled to each friend

Ate with each friend

Fought with each friend  

Laughed at JunWan & Ikjun antics/ jokes, though mostly Lough out loud on Ik Jun antics

But

She never hit jokingly, in a friendly way to anyone else other than IkJun. NEVER.

And that says a lot.

Even she touched his shoulder & put her hand on his shoulder for the longest time in a scene in ep 9 or may be 10 where all of them going happily for band practice & they sung the only upbeat track Met you by chance Infront of Rosa& Jongsu. She washed his face, put medicine on his fingers. Such kind of skin ship is not shown by the team behind the cams for any other of her friend.( There was only one scene of her skin ship with Andrea but that was initiated by Andrea , remember he clutched her shoulders first, made her close to him & then SongHwa rested her head on his shoulder).

This. This is what I come back to whenever I think about them two together. It is also my personal favourite. She has never done what she does to Ikjun to any of the other friends. She also has this smile that only comes out when Ikjun is mentioned or when he is being nice or goofy.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

@JJS's Fan-atics Great job with your analysis!  I really wanted no romance within the group, but I'm a sucker for second chance love stories so after episode 6, I was sold on Iksong. I enjoyed reading everyone's points on the different ships, but eventually, I  had to stop reading the posts for FlowerGarden ship or Junwan/SongHwa ship because they didn't make sense.  I can't believe I doubted myself because I started to worry that FlowerGarden ship might have some merit.  But episode 12, Wintergarden ship sailed and I breathed a sigh of relief.  WHEW!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Why oh why , not revealed the world top secret as known as SongHwa first love.

Why not established the story of Ik jun & Song in season 1.Why oh why we have to wait till season 2. 

Why oh why did not reveal the Song's  answer to IkJun question.

This is me and ik Jun & all the Ik song shippers to the writer & director. As Ik Jun is equally frustrated just like us. After waiting for 20 years he now has to wait even more for at least a full more year.

Rgq3LiR.gif

9PYdBIq.gif

:joy::tounge_wink::joy:.

• LOL 6

Agree. Songhwa usually is very confident, she has answer to everything, can even become consultant about life lol but always silent when it comes to Ikjun and his confessions, most of the time silent means yes. Ikjun probably notice this too, that she never says no, that's why he keep pursuing after her 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, milkokoa said:

Agree. Songhwa usually is very confident, she has answer to everything, can even become consultant about life lol but always silent when it comes to Ikjun and his confessions, most of the time silent means yes. Ikjun probably notice this too, that she never says no, that's why he keep pursuing after her 

Right?

SongHwa even made the coffee after the 1st confession (like right after he said that drinking coffee together is a treat he gives himself). :)

And she kept hanging out with him, just the 2 of them. I mean, I've been on the receiving end of a bestfriend who got clingy and made subtle confessions (I didn't feel the same), and after that I just found ways not to hang out with him alone anymore. So I'm positive she hasn't exactly rejected him yet. 

Also what baffles me is this:
Prior to Sokcho, he has already low-key confessed 2x right? But SongHwa didn't try to talk to him formally after that? Is it a cultural thinggg? I mean them just keeping silent and not talking about the big elephant in the room?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

@kawaiiprincess1987 I wondered the same thing too. It seemed like all IJ and ACH’s confessions or actions that made her look and feel confused didn’t happen. I found it interesting that even though ACH crossed the line twice in episode 11, she never said anything to stop him from trying again. I was surprised at his boldness to even consider transferring to be with her when she never led him on. Yet, she brushed it off and kept it professional, not really addressing the elephant in the room.  With IJ, let’s just say she was annoyed in the taxi and at the karaoke or she didn’t know how to respond, it’s wierd that the next time we see them together on screen, it’s like none of the events of that night happened. I’m hoping in Season 2, we get her POV and maybe they’ll shed some light as to how they all handled their emotions and relationships the days following the confessions. I know I wouldn’t be comfortable or act like nothing happened if I was in her shoes. It’ll be interesting to see how the writer tells her story. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

27 minutes ago, kawaiiprincess1987 said:

Right?

SongHwa even made the coffee after the 1st confession (like right after he said that drinking coffee together is a treat he gives himself). :)

And she kept hanging out with him, just the 2 of them. I mean, I've been on the receiving end of a bestfriend who got clingy and made subtle confessions (I didn't feel the same), and after that I just found ways not to hang out with him alone anymore. So I'm positive she hasn't exactly rejected him yet. 

Prior to Sokcho, he has already low-key confessed 2x right? But SongHwa didn't try to talk to him formally after that? Is it a cultural thinggg? I mean them just keeping silent and not talking about the big elephant in the room?

The last part, I think bc it was an indirect confession, Ikjun never ask Songhwa to answer him, so probably SH think he was just saying it. Only in ep 12, he properly confessed and ask her to reply to him when he got back, that means he is serious. So I have high hope in S2. SH can no longer avoid it 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Hello fellow IkSong Shippers :wub: so happy to have this thread made for all of us~ 

I also shipped them since ep 1 but then that ship sort of sank when we found out that IJ was still married to his ex-wife. The ship started sailing again (for me) when IJ later got divorced. IJ-SHwa's exclusive scenes are not many but when they're shown, they're always heartwarming or heartfluttering or heartbreaking:joy: 

43 minutes ago, kawaiiprincess1987 said:

My personal opinion is that..this might be just how SHwa's personal choice in dealing with the awkwardness. She seemed to not want to confront it head-on and tried to keep the relationships (both to CH and IJ) as how they're before the confessions. As to whether this is a good move..that's still up for debate but it seems her preferred way in dealing with this kind of situation. 

I also want to say how clever was IJ 'confession' in ep 12. He went for 'advice' and asked SHwa whether or not he should make a confession to his 'long-time friend'. So at the moment he's waiting for SHwa's answer on whether he should do that (and I'm 100% sure she knew he's talking about her). So he wasn't actually 'confessing' as in he asked her straightaway to be his girlfriend. 

8 hours ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

With all of the above reasons this was evident from the day 1 that Ik Jun is the love interest of Song & are going to be end game , I cannot wrap my head around , why people Ignored these blatant clues & tried to invent their own clues which were not even given in the story and drama to put Song in the romantic relationship with everyone else but not with IkJun.

Edited 6 hours ago by JJS's Fan-atics

@JJS Fanatics oh my god, you speak out my mind exactly every clues here ... i am secretly your fanclub from the main thread! Always love to read your comments. :) I also believe wholeheartedly that IkSong is end game, even ctach up the seat assigned for JJS and JMD in the first script writing as well (without logic support behind).

Thank you so much for this topic, i am all for IkSong and hardly read the main thread now as i skip so many details discussion. I am WinterGarden too but just not as much comparing to those details being picked up. 

The only thing I dont agree with the main thread for SongHwa is that she doesn't want to get married, that is Dr. Bong word (which we now know that most of it are not valid!) plus SHwa facial reaction when she told Seok Min that she loved to be alone was not that fierce and confident look but it is more like slightly sad. I do believe her first love is Ikjun, but she buried it deeply as one of a good memory and move on her life already, the reason she does not get married yet could be because she still cannot find that mr. right yet who made her feel happy enough to share the rest of her life with. I don't think she is waiting for Ikjun all along (that would be too much traumatize) and also the reason why she kind of confusing expression towards Ikjun confession.

Though Mido interviewed that she has no idea if Shwa likes Ikjun or not since she just acted base on the script but the way the story is crafted and camera angle cut really tell us the viewers that there is something.... i don't know how can i move on patiently waiting for SS2. :D

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

22 minutes ago, Kathy345 said:

I do believe her first love is Ikjun, but she buried it deeply as one of a good memory and move on her life already, the reason she does not get married yet could be because she still cannot find that mr. right yet who made her feel happy enough to share the rest of her life with. I don't think she is waiting for Ikjun all along (that would be too much traumatize) and also the reason why she kind of confusing expression towards Ikjun confession.

@Kathy345 Agree with you on this one. I mean, it's been 20 years... it's hard to believe that someone would be so hung up on their first love after all that time. I mean, he'll probably always be a fond memory but I think she's moved on. They both have moved on from 20 years ago and gotten into their own relationships and on their own lives... Until maybe he got divorced and they started hanging out more again (when IJ transferred to Yulje) :D 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@snowlou Thank you for tagging me. I’m so glad we finally have an IkSong thread :wub: It’s my personal favorite ship because I like friends-to-lovers and second chances stories :lol:This will be our home for the next few months and the next season. I can tell we’ll be having more IkSong moments in season 2. ;) But I doubt we’ll get Songhwa’s yes right away. Quite sad but I would also prefer it that way so we’ll get more IkSong moments building up to her decision. I’d also like to see her POV and their backstory first as it obviously has a lot of impact in her decision-making. So she might answer vaguely or ask for more time or “reject” him temporarily. But I really believe they are endgame. Their path will be rocky though so the journey will be slow. BUT WE’LL GET THERE!!!

I really like how the songs help tell the story. After Ikjun confessed in Sokcho, “I knew I love” played in the background with the following lines:

I don’t like comfortable relationships

Cause I’ve been in love for so long and that it’s hard

You were in tears but I turned around and left

I was mean to you but you still waited for me

I am guessing this may be along the lines of their actual backstory. Which may explain why Songhwa is so hesitant.

9 hours ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

And that says a lot.

Thank you for this. I think Ikjun is always an exception for Songhwa. She always seems really independent and capable except for one scene: her biopsy results. She turned down Junwan’s offer to accompany her but she was really relieved to see Ikjun there. She’s always confident and collected but she’s always flustered with Ikjun’s confessions and can’t look him in the eye. She doesn’t really like kids but she loves Uju a lot. I can’t clearly recall but I think she hasn’t eaten alone with someone else except for Ikjun. She did with Capt. Ahn but she didn’t really want to in the first place and it wasn’t really shown. She also watched Jwon eat but she wasn’t eating together with him. And she always mentions she has 3 brothers when she’s eating with her 4 male friends, possibly implying that she considers her friends like brothers except for 1.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

15 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

But I noticed Songhwa often flick her eyeglasses recently around Ikjun. Did you guys also noticed? 

I definitely noticed SHwa has this habit of flicking her glasses but I havent paid attention to whether she did that to everyone and only when IJ was around. I'll pay closer attention when i re watch this drama!

Could the ex wife make an appearance in S2 and thus create a 'new' love triangle? If ACH is no longer in the picture then it could be SHwa's turn to get jealous and maybe help push her into the direction of her true feeling for IJ (this will be such a classic move from other Kdramas but I dont mind it for our IkSong. Or someone somewhere also mentioned Go Ara..she could serve as the trigger too!) :lol: now I'm just writing my own HP drama in my head:joy: Oh..Seok Hyeong's ex wife seems to be returning too..so maybe S2 can be a about 'the return of the ex-wives':joy:

As much as I want to see Songhwa get jealous, I just can't seem to imagine it lol she is always so independent and happy with herself and a very rational character, even if she does get jealous she probably won't show it and just keep it to herself. but that thought is kind of fun 

Anyways in ep 12, I feel like Songhwa almost talk about Ikjun to Jeongwon them decide not to, I get the feeling that Ikjun was really Songhwa's first love and Jeongwon knew about it, that's why she want to consult him again? 

But then again Jeongwon was the one who introduced ikjun's ex wife to him right? this drama seriously. Their past is so complicated, I hope they will show it in s2

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, kawaiiprincess1987 said:

True. But after the first confession in his kitchen, the 2 of them have never been alone. Except during the taxi ride. And we saw how they were in that side.  The next time they were shown together was in Sokcho.

• Like 4

I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I’m actually not THAT bothered about who Songhwa’s first love was. It could be any of the 4 guys in the 99s gang, but what’s important is who she loves now.:wub: Feelings can change over time.

Sure, it’s fun guessing who her first love was and since there are so many months to the next season, there will be surely be many theories and I will read them with interest but it’s all in good fun. All I know is I want IkSong to sail :D

And I remember reading some comments (can’t remember on which site already) saying that SH’s expressions after IJ’s confessions looked like rejections. And I so disagree. To me it looked more like she was flustered and felt slightly taken aback and awkward. Rejection is how she reacted to ChiHong lol. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Making SH's first love other than Ikjun is redundant. If they want to do a triangle love, we already have it in S1, and it's more impactful if her first love is Ikjun. Tragic in a way bc they both liked each other but waste 20 years.. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 5