[OFFICIAL] Ik♥️Song Nation - ALOHA COUPLE - Flower♥️Clown - 99ers

As someone said..... it's really hard to read what is in SHwa's mind due to lack of her POV. So I sort of understand why some people would think her response to IJ was 'rejection'. But no one could deny that her response was totally different than it was to CH. I just hope the meaning of such reactions would be more than 'I want to keep the 20-year-old-friendship' ...:P 

I just watched a few of short videos on Instagram which has SHwa in them and while I'm actually really excited about the possibility of the eyeglass-flicking to turn into something... @Lawyerh I think it may not be the case?? I thought that habit has been hers since forever..but surprisingly, no...she hasn't been doing it that much. So it must be the case that the habit picked up the frequency in recent episodes as you said? Apart from the two scenes you mentioned, so far I found some eyeglass-flicking in: 

1. In front of the doctor's room, when she was talking to IJ about SHyeong's call

2. When they had breakfast at IJ's house (prior to talking about her buying the wood stuff). 

Haven't found any other incidents but I mainly only watched the short videos with SHwa and IJ in it. So for now, I think this one isn't going to turn out to be something as I expected. It might be the case that JMD didn't realise she's doing it. But who knows..

5 hours ago, Kathy345 said:

oh my god, you speak out my mind exactly every clues here ... i am secretly your fanclub from the main thread! Always love to read your comments

Awww, Kathy didn't know I have a secret admirer, I am flattered.

All the points that I made are not just my wishful thinking being the IkSong shipper BUT those are what I realized all through 12 episodes. My mind analysed the scenes & concluded what I wrote in form of my points this is why I am able to give actual reasoning behind every point .Also notice that every single point I raised is based on what we were shown through actors acting , their expressions, & the actual story showed. Not on the basis of hidden objects, & props as etc for example lines, coffee consumption, couple mugs, identical cloths & what not. If I delve into that I am sure I can make another long list of points.hehehe.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

Not on the basis of hidden objects, & props as etc for example lines, coffee consumption, couple mugs, identical cloths & what not. If I delve into that I am sure I can make another long list of points.hehehe.

While I do get tired of so many theories thrown on the main thread, especially the ones that are too far-fetched..I found some theories there (that also analysed hidden objects, symbols and meaning) are actually quite interesting. Especially when it supports IkSong ship:tounge_wink: So I'd say, share your theories...they won't be out-of-nowhere-kind of theory right? 

I'll still keep an eye on the eyeglasses-flicking thing~~ I'm turning into those who are picking breadcrumbs now T_T

2 hours ago, im0202 said:

I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I’m actually not THAT bothered about who Songhwa’s first love was. It could be any of the 4 guys in the 99s gang, but what’s important is who she loves now.:wub: Feelings can change over time.

Sure, it’s fun guessing who her first love was and since there are so many months to the next season, there will be surely be many theories and I will read them with interest but it’s all in good fun. All I know is I want IkSong to sail :D

And I remember reading some comments (can’t remember on which site already) saying that SH’s expressions after IJ’s confessions looked like rejections. And I so disagree. To me it looked more like she was flustered and felt slightly taken aback and awkward. Rejection is how she reacted to ChiHong lol. 

You are not the only one.  I don't think we are bothered at all as long as our IkSong ship sails. What matters is not who she used to love but rather who she loves now. And why she hasn't replied on the many confessions from IkJun. 

I would prefer it be anyone else outside the group. That way, it's not IkJun and we don't get to see her in pain when IkJun got married. 

Maybe she hasn't responded to the confessions because none of them were direct. He didn't come right out and said 'I like you' or anything on that front. The confessions were subtle. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, snowlou said:

So I'd say, share your theories...they won't be out-of-nowhere-kind of theory right? 

Well to be honest as I am a simple mind person who see the things mostly for there face value , I did not pay much attention to these hidden clues. And the other reason is that there were so many in the face, clear cut , blatant clues that I didn't feel to notice the little details to support my ships. I can't at least this point of time mention them for the above reasons so why I said that I can make another clue list with the objects & props because

first just for a good laugh ,

2nd now when I will rewatch the show , I may put more focus this time on those hidden clues & props & then would be able to make a list.

With that being said I can right now think about a couple of things that already has been shared on the main thread.And I myself noticed them prior to reading the posts on the thread. 

A lot of emphasis was put on lines. So

1. In the first confession scene of IkJun in IkJun apartment , the rain blurred ,no , totally removed the line between the two.

A lot of emphasis was put on coffee consumption made by Song & couple's mug.So

2. Song made coffee for IkJun in the IkJun apartment. That means not only Song made coffee for IkJun , but also IkJun drank that with Song, they drank it in the couple mug and in the very private & very cozy setting that is IkJun home.where there was no disturbance from the outside. And what other place can be most important than a home in a person's life. Earlier whenever Song made coffee for either of the 2 JWs it was in the hospital settings. A sort of public place, with full of outside disturbance.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

But since SH character is build as someone who treasures even old shoes, her first love could something she treasures a lot too. 

Yes , good point to be noted. I think she never actually moved from her love in the past. Though she tried hard.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

18 hours ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:
18 hours ago, Jules said:

think, if they are the endgame in season 2, they will probably get together during the last 4 episodes. It is likely that SongHwa may need more time to come into terms with her feelings. If she still loves IkJun, I can imagine the pain she felt having watched him marry someone else then have a kid. Because out of them all, I have never seen SongHwa shed a tear or even sad. Even when her boyfriend cheated on her. She is the only one whose mind we cant read. The pillar of the group, but she does not share her burdens.

Yes , their road to the end is long, & bumpy. They are the main couple, writer will milk their story arc to the maximum.

People are talking about now how she must have felt during 20 years of being in love with Ik Jun , but I wrote about it in the initial pages of the main thread ,I will try to search that & post it here. I discussed exactly all these points in my post then that it would must have been very hard 20 years for SongHwa, watching IK Jun dating so many girls

Watching him getting married

It would be less troublesome for SongHwa if they had gotten to live far away, meeting occasionally, you know distance make emotions blur & weak. But they almost lived together for the past 20 years & everything happened right in front of her. Poor soul had to endure so much.

So I found my older post & copy pasting that in here. It is not to brag about myself that I am a genius , No Not at all. But it is to prove my point that I was always of the view that Song & IkJun had mutual interest for each other & that they are the main couple & the end game.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:23 PM, JJS's Fan-atics said:

If Songhwa actually had a crush on Ik Jun then poor soul had endured soooo much pain& suffering I guess :cry: I mean she had to watch Ik Jun dating all along with different girls & then finally him getting married would have been a real pain for her. And adding more salt to injury if she did not confess his feelings to him then she definitely had to put up a happy face in front of IK Jun whenever he started dating to a new girl. Adding more fuel to fire is the fact that they are besties for 20 years, why? because if u have a crush on someone & don't confess it and it doesn't not shape into a mutual relationship then after some time possibly it can subside or die down especially if the 2 persons become apart or do not get in touch for a long tim But in this case  poor Song Hwa could not leave anywhere because of their 20 years long friendship so her feelings could not be finished altogether & she must have feelings for Ik Jun even right now in this point of time. Although quite possible that they may become hidden somewhere deep down inside her.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

I agree with @im0202, actually about the first love thing. But since SH character is build as someone who treasures even old shoes, her first love could something she treasures a lot too. 

I was wondering about this too... during the scene with one of the twins (when she realized SongHwa was the one who operated on their mother), they had a shot of her shoes. Was she wearing her old shoes? or the shoes ACH gave her? I couldn't tell.

Edited by kawaiiprincess1987
wrong spelling
  • Like 2

To be honest, I agree that her first love will not really matter UNLESS she hasn’t moved on. And as mentioned before, she is a sentimental person so her first love may still be important to her. Based on her character profile as well, after her burning love in her 20s, she doesn’t really remember any sad goodbyes. Which explains why she wasn’t really affected when she broke up with her cheating ex. In a way her response was similar to Ikjun. After their failed first love Ikjun became passive at pursuing love and Songhwa probably became passive in keeping her relationships.

Anyway, I saw this tweet and I haven’t really seen any article about this. Could anyone confirm if it’s true?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

11 minutes ago, kawaiiprincess1987 said:

I read about this from the original thread: Do you think Songhwa is still using the hair tie that Ikjoon gave her during the MedSchool Interview? Or maybe it's just something that looks super similar? 

I think it's something that looks similar. 

• Like 3

@kawaiiprincess1987 

Though a 20 year old tie can't be in a good position to use. But given how Song used her old ages shoes till now , it is entirely possible she is using the same hair tie . Most importantly PD highlighted her wearing a hair tie only in that 1 particular scene where she is , in present time practising the band performance. And that performance was shown right after their flashback scene .Otherwise she never wore a hair tie in all 12 episodes. She used something else like a little rubber type to tie her hair. So yeah , my conclusion is that she wearing the same scrunchie/hair tie given by Ik Jun that she has saved all these 20 years out of her love for IkJun. 

And this point again proves my point that she somehow has not moved on from her past love of IkJun.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

Saw some posts and I agree. For the sake of Iksong narrative, it does not make sense to have any of the other friends (2jw,sh) to be songhwa's first love. Because having them as her first love will not help to advance the plot further, with the other 3 having established their own lovelines.

Also, I do have a feeling songhwa's past will not play a huge role in their continuing relationship. What matters is in the present. I will like the author to develop more on this front, and not use the past to move the narrative forward..

eg. NOT I have loved you twenty years ago and I have buried this feeling for so long so please give me some time to consider etc etc...

How about something like: Ikjun's brave pursuit of songhwa in the present which makes her willing to take the risk which may affect their 20 years of friendship - I am much more willing to see their story develop this way..and please dont drag their story for too long! :)

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Andrew - said:

Saw some posts and I agree. For the sake of Iksong narrative, it does not make sense to have any of the other friends (2jw,sh) to be songhwa's first love. Because having them as her first love will not help to advance the plot further, with the other 3 having established their own lovelines.

Also, I do have a feeling songhwa's past will not play a huge role in their continuing relationship. What matters is in the present. I will like the author to develop more on this front, and not use the past to move the narrative forward..

eg. NOT I have loved you twenty years ago and I have buried this feeling for so long so please give me some time to consider etc etc...

How about something like: Ikjun's brave pursuit of songhwa in the present which makes her willing to take the risk which may affect their 20 years of friendship - I am much more willing to see their story develop this way..and please dont drag their story for too long! :)

I agree with you on the last part. I don't want to depend on the past. I'll be okay even if the one she liked is not revealed. As long as at the present, she likes IJ. If they focus on the present, I would also like to see when she realized she liked him. Was it when he can to her biopsy results? Or earlier? 

With that said, what do you think would be the reason of her not responding? Is it because of their friendship? Or maybe the fact that she'll have to consider IJ having a kid? 

• Like 4

I came to  support the Captain of my wintergarden ship?

I will be next to IJ with any decision he makes me.

If SongHwa is the girl he wants next to him I am here for that.

Wishing him the best because he deserves it.

As GU said his heart is not twisted which means he has a good heart .

• Like 5
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Jules said:

With that said, what do you think would be the reason of her not responding? Is it because of their friendship? Or maybe the fact that she'll have to consider IJ having a kid? 

I think one of the possible reasons would be that SongHwa is just really happy by herself already at this point. She has mentioned it before when talking when her residents that she doesn't want to date, Dr. Bong said she doesn't want to get married, and she told her mom that she doesn't need a man. :)

I guess when you reach that point in your life, you really don't want to rock the boat and disturb the calm waters. Or if you'd try to get out of that comfort zone, then it really should be something that you see to be worth it. :)

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Jules said:

I agree with you on the last part. I don't want to depend on the past. I'll be okay even if the one she liked is not revealed. As long as at the present, she likes IJ. If they focus on the present, I would also like to see when she realized she liked him. Was it when he can to her biopsy results? Or earlier? 

My take is that it is a combination of she being satisfied of being alone by herself right now, and being unable to outright reject Ikjun's advancements (unlike Chihong), as she is extremely comfortable with him even when it is just the two of them alone (as per their 'developments' since ep6 - their lines of friendship getting more and more blurred).

She will need something to push their relationship beyond 'friendship', and I really hope to see the writer develop this further. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, kawaiiprincess1987 said:

I think one of the possible reasons would be that SongHwa is just really happy by herself already at this point. She has mentioned it before when talking when her residents that she doesn't want to date, Dr. Bong said she doesn't want to get married, and she told her mom that she doesn't need a man. :)

I guess when you reach that point in your life, you really don't want to rock the boat and disturb the calm waters. Or if you'd try to get out of that comfort zone, then it really should be something that you see to be worth it. :)

Agree, but at the same time she feel conflicted because her first love (I'm convinced ikjun is her first love) from 20 years ago actually like her back and the fact that she does have feeling for him until now. I believe that, just see their moments in every ep, she is always so happy with him, went out to eat with him alone then almost gone to a night out drive together?! Was that really a best friend thing? Bc sure as hell she didn't spent time like this with the other 3 

• Like 5