[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

19 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

The two leads haven’t even done a single live shoot or event together and the show is only 24 episodes long, yet their shipping tag is now top 6. It’s madness

How is the ranking decided? Based on Weibo tags being used or votes or a mix of factors? 

Can you pls also share who are the other top 5 cp and how to check the cp ranking? 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, enzek said:

Of course I don't understand raw episodes 100% LOL.

Other than guessing what happened when watching raw episodes, I read other people opinions & comments in this forum, ig & twitter to get some understanding of the drama plots & scenes.

Have to wait until next week to watch the drama with English subtittle.

yes...me too.....

just watching the scenes...never mind the words...

when subs arrive...i focus on the talks..

so i will enjoy the actions now...

=D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

39 minutes ago, taekwang said:

Agree with what you said

his hair styling is not that great in this show. He’s rather handsome as we can see in the modern drama intense love. With a better stylist, he definitely will look better.

i dun like quan Qian hair too. Can do better than that..

Low cost production I Guess, just braid here braid there.

I have no problem with Han Shou hair style here.

But the way they keep giving Qian Qian braid hairstyle actually annoyed the heck out of me:unsure:

At first episode she has a daring wild hairstyle as the real fierce 3rd princess, Qian Qian.

Then, she has that braid hairstyle to show that she is actually the innocent Xiao Qian that entering the body of Qian Qian.

But they should give her a more elegant hairstyle after she become the Crown Princess of HuaYuan city. 

If it is because of the low budget then why the 1st princess & 2nd princess have better hairstyles than her?

Or is it because Lu Si likes that braid hairstyle?:sweatingbullets:  

My girl still lovely with that hairstyle but why oh why that hairstyle tho:blink:

• LOL 2

13 hours ago, Adidaem said:

Maybe we should have an official shipping thread for this couple :lol:

Suggestions for the name? 

芋圆西米露 is Taro Sago? 

黄豆糕 is Yellow Bean Pastry? 

Haha ok not sure how shipping threads are usually named but I just checked the shipping threads and didn’t spot any food names lol lol 

———

My attempt: 

[Official] Taro Sago couple for Yellow Bean Pastries - Ding Yuxi :heart: Zhao Lusi 

I like your idea hehe

• Like 3

1 hour ago, enzek said:

At first episode she has a daring wild hairstyle as the real fierce 3rd princess, Qian Qian.

Then, she has that braid hairstyle to show that she is actually the innocent Xiao Qian that entering the body of Qian Qian.

But they should give her a more elegant hairstyle after she become the Crown Princess of HuaYuan city. 

If it is because of the low budget then why the 1st princess & 2nd princess have better hairstyles than her?

Or is it because Lu Si likes that braid hairstyle?:sweatingbullets:  

My girl still lovely with that hairstyle but why oh why that hairstyle tho:blink:

i think she looks really good in angry birds hairstyle in first episode :wub:

feel like my tolerance for braids her braids in this drama is ok cos her hairstyle in Three Thousand Crows was so awful (her other drama that was screened this year). Plus it’s a low budget web drama so I try to lower expectations re costumes and styling. The outfits are quite meh if you compare against the big budget productions. Read online that someone critiqued the princesses in this drama dressing like maids in other dramas :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, lizax1 said:

I had so much hope too from the epi. 1 that it was going to have some witty commentary about gender equality, with the setup of the 2 cities and HXM's line to XQ that she wasn't really looking for gender equality and that the male chauvinism she criticized is exactly what her script is guilty of, in reverse. I thought that was going to foreshadow her learning what real equality means and flip her script while she was living it but it didn't really do any of that. 

I was looking for a light fluffy happy drama and it ticked the boxes for me and more (the cp is so much better than I’d expected!). If it had been too preachy about gender equality it could have become too heavy for a light hearted web drama. Just my humble opinion. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Adidaem said:

How is the ranking decided? Based on Weibo tags being used or votes or a mix of factors? 

Can you pls also share who are the other top 5 cp and how to check the cp ranking? 

The ranking is decided by a bunch of stuff but it's mostly based on activities (how many recent posts / readership), membership number, posts number. "Live" members / posts count for more than inactive members / posts. In the case of our CP, the high ranking is probably due to activities (lots of people posting to this CP tag, all the members are active members).

Top 5:

#1 博君一肖 (Wang Yibo / Xiao Zhan)

#2 mewgulf (the two leads from Thai series Tharn Type The Series)

#3 鲸鱼与洲喵 (I think this one is for 雲次方 Yun Ci Fang and 瑜洲都Yu Zhou Dou but I am not 100% sure)

#4 云次方 ( 阿云嘎 Ayanga and 郑云龙 Zheng Yunlong)

#5 战山为王 (Wang Yibo/ Xiao Zhan again!! Secondary CP name)

——

Brand new bts this one is ultra cute — look at how YX keep trying to made her laugh with all the jokes (he sang and he acted as some sort of sales person for facial — LS told him to stop making her laugh): https://m.weibo.cn/status/4512040746325892?luicode=10000011&lfid=10080821f499b4fccc62be3d99f9d77f19364f_-_sort_time

Another amazing bts: https://m.weibo.cn/status/4512034643787120?luicode=10000011&lfid=10080821f499b4fccc62be3d99f9d77f19364f_-_sort_time

This one he gently fixed her hair <3

Chinese fans said the hair thing is so sweet it puts them on ventilators lol 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, chsaf said:

Hahaha yes of all places it happened in jail. I guess they only kissed the night they kept getting disturbed.

yea... the funny thing is...

ep 16, bed scene only hugging

ep 17, table scene only kissing

ep 18, seperation

ep 19, HS come back.. QQ pretend to sleep on bed.. that one so funny... HS try to rape QQ then HS realize that QQ cant do martial art... i think at that moment he realize.. or maybe he realize when he saw QQ drunk and accidentaly see PH as HS and confess that she regret that she tell lie and how she wish that she and HS together everyday... then Zhi Rui ask QQ whether she is ok after.. QQ said not ok.. Zhi Rui said... why QQ not do it cos she missed HS so much.. you guys just do it.. Lol.... then Bai Ji also funny... he told HS everytime he meet QQ his heart change.. lol..

ep 20, QQ offer herself on bed.. got rejected by HS... LOL... play hard to get... hahahaa :D

ep 21, prison... bang.. they made up... they not scare the prison guard peek? 

I will rewatch again with sub for ep 19-24. dunno why I keep repeating the ep 19. QQ so funny when she see HS back and realize that her city being take over by him.. lol...

• LOL 3

14 hours ago, lavvarr said:

Lol.. I watch that 2 clip too... hahahaha

HS reincarnation of LCY.. hahahahaha :D

Recently I watch "Intense Love", I wish ZLS is the FL. so it can become ROTAR season 2. hahahaha :D

• LOL 4

14 hours ago, arcchidus said:

The reason why is because of Fei Wo Si Cun.

Fei Wo Si Cun Is the novel writer for Goodbye My Princess and the producer for Romance of Tiger and Rose.

Her involvement is why everyone is comparing the two shows and why ppl were freaking out about the ending initially. 

They actually included a spoiler clip in bts very early because people were saying this would have a BE and they will stop watching it because Fei Wo Si Cun always write sad stories.

oooo... now i understand...

She should more like ROTAR... happy ending.. funny and sweet...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Top 5:

#1 博君一肖 (Wang Yibo / Xiao Zhan)

#2 mewgulf (the two leads from Thai series Tharn Type The Series)

#3 鲸鱼与洲喵 (I think this one is for 雲次方 Yun Ci Fang and 瑜洲都Yu Zhou Dou but I am not 100% sure)

#4 云次方 ( 阿云嘎 Ayanga and 郑云龙 Zheng Yunlong)

#5 战山为王 (Wang Yibo/ Xiao Zhan again!! Secondary CP name)

Thanks for explaining! Erm all the top 5 are BL??? I expected the Untamed pair to be up (although not occupying just one but two rankings) but quite surprised the other 3 are also BL. 

Reba and Vengo is not a popular pairing? I really like their cp too. 

@arcchidus  

I see a lot of voting related stuff on Weibo. Can you pls also explain what is going on? One is for the drama and it’s now ranked #3, another is for individual actor/actresses. 

My chinese is just like that only so a bit hard for me to follow :wacko::unsure:

• Like 2

Another (douyin?) clip? 

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4512051683590164/4512051965326490

The video first shows DYX/HS checking his phone and sweating at how much QQ has spent on clothes, bags, food, etc. Cuts to QQ showing a pitiful face. Then YX says don’t worry as the crown prince of Tiger city he is rich and takes out a piece of paper with 9 billion written on it (indicating his wealth). 

correction on below - clip of upcoming episode that I haven’t watched yet. So many spoilers I’m almost giving up lol 

Spoiler

another clip. This seems to be a cut scene of the morning after they slept together. Don’t rem watching it 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4512077790762325

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

Another (douyin?) clip? 

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4512051683590164/4512051965326490

The video first shows DYX/HS checking his phone and sweating at how much QQ has spent on clothes, bags, food, etc. Cuts to QQ showing a pitiful face. Then YX says don’t worry as the crown prince of Tiger city he is rich and takes out a piece of paper with 9 billion written on it (indicating his wealth). 

another clip. This seems to be a cut scene of the morning after they slept together. Don’t rem watching it 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4512077790762325

Thank you for sharing! I love their Douyin and want more haha. But the second clip is in the episode where QQ hurt her hand from ironing his clothes and he burst into her room when he found out she hurt her hand from Pei Heng. He got mad at her for not telling him and Pei Heng knew about it but he didn't. Then QQ ask him to stay with her but he chose the bed and she ask him why he didn't ask her if she wants the bed or the floor. In the end he woke up the next day with her lying on him lol. I am assuming QQ climbed up on bed when he passed out.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, Super_Dede said:

Thank you for sharing! I love their Douyin and want more haha. But the second clip is in the episode where QQ hurt her hand from ironing his clothes and he burst into her room when he found out she hurt her hand from Pei Heng. He got mad at her for not telling him and Pei Heng knew about it but he didn't. Then QQ ask him to stay with her but he chose the bed and she ask him why he didn't ask her if she wants the bed or the floor. In the end he woke up the next day with her lying on him lol. I am assuming QQ climbed up on bed when he passed out.

Oh haha ok I haven’t watched that yet. Episode 19 tonight n 20 tmr... carefully spacing out so that it lasts a little longer lol 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

Brand new bts this one is ultra cute — look at how YX keep trying to made her laugh with all the jokes (he sang and he acted as some sort of sales person for facial — LS told him to stop making her laugh): https://m.weibo.cn/status/4512040746325892?luicode=10000011&lfid=10080821f499b4fccc62be3d99f9d77f19364f_-_sort_time

Another amazing bts: https://m.weibo.cn/status/4512034643787120?luicode=10000011&lfid=10080821f499b4fccc62be3d99f9d77f19364f_-_sort_time

This one he gently fixed her hair <3

Thank you for the bts clip.

The first clip was the rare hyper Yu Xi while talking so much in the bts.

Is it the bts of near the end of shooting this drama?

It seem he being so comfortable that instead of his usual "I'm just looking at you" to Lu Si, he's being chatty.

Btw in these bts and the prison scene bts he staring at her unabashedly long just like how Han Shou staring at Qian Qian passionately in The Romance of Tiger and Rose uh huh:P

That's really interesting:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, taekwang said:

Agree with what you said

his hair styling is not that great in this show. He’s rather handsome as we can see in the modern drama intense love. With a better stylist, he definitely will look better.

i dun like quan Qian hair too. Can do better than that..

Low cost production I Guess, just braid here braid there.

i am having withdrawal syndrome after binge marathon all the raw episodes ..

not sure what to watch next while waiting for full English subs( to rewatch again ) 

suggestions are welcomed !!!

I completely agree with you on HS hair. I like his hair in modern era more, and even more: his hair on Intense Love. Hair stylists can make people look stunning and balanced like deity, and can also make people look clumsy, silly, deformed, awkward.

I am still trying to finish Love Better than Immortality right now, and one thing that really bothers me other than the main female character (ZLS) is the main female character's HAIR. Her hairstyle is unflattering and makes me wonder why oh why the main male characters fell head over heels for her, with such crappy behavior too (she betrayed them over and over and yet they kept chasing her).

The main male character (Li Hong Yi) is godly though.

I would suggest watching light dramas like The Eternal Love and Love by Hypnotic.

But my favorite would be Joy of Life, the Untamed, Handsome Siblings (I recommend this one because it is funny and doesnt require too much thinking and low on angst).

If you dont mind some angst, then TMOPB (Eternal Love) it is. I even enjoy its sequel (Eternal love of dream) especially after 5 eps.

But I would rather rewatch Handsome Siblings, Joy of Life and The Eternal Love, if you ask me.

I dont suggest Love and Destiny, not because it is bad...but because I cant stand the flat combed hair.

I dont suggest watching Love Better than Immortality unless to swoon over the main male lead. *still upset

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

I completely agree with you on HS hair. I like his hair in modern era more, and even more: his hair on Intense Love. Hair stylists can make people look stunning and balanced like deity, and can also make people look clumsy, silly, deformed, awkward.

I am still trying to finish Love Better than Immortality right now, and one thing that really bothers me other than the main female character (ZLS) is the main female character's HAIR. Her hairstyle is unflattering and makes me wonder why oh why the main male characters fell head over heels for her, with such crappy behavior too (she betrayed them over and over and yet they kept chasing her).

The main male character (Li Hong Yi) is godly though.

I would suggest watching light dramas like The Eternal Love and Love by Hypnotic.

But my favorite would be Joy of Life, the Untamed, Handsome Siblings (I recommend this one because it is funny and doesnt require too much thinking and low on angst).

If you dont mind some angst, then TMOPB (Eternal Love) it is. I even enjoy its sequel (Eternal love of dream) especially after 5 eps.

But I would rather rewatch Handsome Siblings, Joy of Life and The Eternal Love, if you ask me.

I dont suggest Love and Destiny, not because it is bad...but because I cant stand the flat combed hair.

I dont suggest watching Love Better than Immortality unless to swoon over the main male lead. *still upset

You should try to watch "I've Fallen for you" 24 ep. Nice love story and not mention it is funny..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1