[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

@Isrin My sister sent me that on weibo! She said someone posted my comment on YouTube lol. They were talking about how us international fans felt the same way about their chemistry. I am grateful how hard the T&R fandom is working hard with voting and watching the drama to increase the view for a second season. 

A lot of people are saying second season should be about famous actor and small script writer. While I saw another post saying they should do different era. Like season 2 modern time and season 3 China republic era. Lol yes there’s people who also want a season 3. I think it be funny to see Mr. Han get stuck in the script or even his perspective like a continuation. But I guess it’s up to the writer. 

lastly, I feel bad for Yuxi. When you gain fame. You also gain hate. He’s stuck between two drama fandom. And T&R is much more successful compare to his other drama. It also doesn’t help when his other drama female lead is pushing their CP a lot. Also the other drama his character is at an older age so they have a lot more intimate kiss scenes while in T&R our leads are only 19. However, even with just sweet kisses the T&R chemistry is so much better in my opinion. I find myself giggling at just a forehead kiss or them cuddling in bed for the first time lol. 

There’s rumor to be a second Beijing fan meeting. If that’s the case then it’s a big deal since Tencent doesn’t really host fan meeting. I am hoping to get our two lovely to sing Moonlight. Also Rui Rui joining them this time. They only did it for Untamed. Like many of you I am happy this hidden gem got so popular. No one expected it to be this big. Still ranking as number 2 hot search TV series on weibo. Now I’m going back to re-evaluate and rewatch the drama earlier episodes with Viki subs since Tencent subs sometimes does not accurately translate some scenes. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

Erm, completely unimportant but I just finished episode 23!

Going to save 24 for tomorrow so that I have something to look forward to/help with my Monday blues. 

PS thinking of watching Under the Power next. Do you think is a good idea? 

I love under the power. If you like detective case and ancient Chinese drama. It’s great. However there’s some bad cgi but the main lead chemistry is amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

There’s rumor to be a second Beijing fan meeting.

I finally figured out where news of this Beijing fan meet started.

One of the actors in the show said to another actor "see you in Beijing." In addition, LS said to the actor who played her sidekick. "You need to come next time"

Based on this, then the fans started digging further on this, and someone in the know told them that there's going to be a Beijing fan meet but date is tbd.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

First comment here. I wanted to share how much I enjoyed the drama and I think Ding Yuxi and Zhao Lusi complement each other well. I find their acting to be great here, pleasantly surprised by Ding Yuxi considering he is a rookie actor. The comedy doesnt get too silly and over the top, the acting is just the right amount of comedic timing and expressions. These two young actors did a fantastic job.

Zhao Lusi is clearly more experienced here as you see with their interactions, I think she is reserved with her costars and doesn't cross that line. Very professional for a young actress. She has also acted with with a lot of actors whose popularity kept growing after their work. I firmy believe she'll become of of the top actresses in China in a few years.

Ding Yuxi is clearly a newbie, his interactions are really cute and he doesnt have that burden yet. Fans are working hard to change that tho, sadly i think he too will change to become more reserved as the hard side of the industry hits him.

Edited by Articpsy
  • Like 4

Welcome to showbiz Ryan....

With that being said, he'll be OK if he's surrounded by supportive people. When you become relevant is when you have people not liking you that's like the norm in the business. Especially competitive shippers. I'm not invested in Intense Love to really know how it goes with him and the actress. But my goodness, hardcore shippers remain scary. Ryan is still young and new simply trying to find his place. He's going to be in more dramas with different actresses and he seemed to be pretty good at generating chemistry with whomever he's with. So let the man do his thing and we as viewers get to enjoy it. We can root for him to succeed but to wish for his heart to follow our desire is a losing battle. He's going to fall in love with the girl his heart tells him to not people he's unlikely to ever meet. 

• Like 5

Just now, Articpsy said:

Do you guys prefer to get the romance of tiger and rose season two or potentially another drama with the same leads ?

At first I wanted a season 2 but now I rather have a different drama with the same leads. But I also love the whole cast and it might be harder to have a different drama with the whole cast. If it’s season 2 then I hope the writer can create a script as clever as T&R

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Articpsy said:

Do you guys prefer to get the romance of tiger and rose season two or potentially another drama with the same leads ?

I'm going to be selfish but my answer: why not both? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Its just a weird coincidence that both dramas aired in the same time and gained some rabid fans. I just hope this won't affect his next projects or his relationship with the costars ... Even the BTS cuts were cute :bawling:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Articpsy said:

I am afraid the script wont be as good as T&R,  I just wish we got an epilogue :bawling: so a new drama :(

• Like 4

I personally want a second season, because I just don't see us getting another drama with the full cast unless it's a second season.

---

I am watching (/forcing) my friend to watch ROTAR with me and she was SO shocked when QQ stole the dragon bone by ep 5. She was like "holy crap, the pacing of this drama is insane." 

She loved it so much, she wants to watch the next 3 episodes asap. I think I got us another fan!

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

8 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

I am watching (/forcing) my friend to watch ROTAR with me and she was SO shocked when QQ stole the dragon bone by ep 5. She was like "holy crap, the pacing of this drama is insane." 

She loved it so much, she wants to watch the next 3 episodes asap. I think I got us another fan!

Well done !! Haha I've been spamming my friends about this drama too and for people who've never watched asian dramas before (let alone historical ones), their interest in the social commentary somehow makes me proud :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, arcchidus said:

I am watching (/forcing) my friend to watch ROTAR with me

yes i've been telling everyone i know about it, such a good drama, deserve all the regonition. 

i would like a second season, but i would like movie, idk maybe they might have a hard time coming up with ideas, if they make a movie it would be nice, 

• Like 3

The show is nice , v nice, I like it v much for both leads and the comical romance

season 2 with a brand new story n all the cast will be a nice idea .. if not then a totally brand new drama... :) 

whatever the option is, just put the 2 of them together 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Although looking through responses, it seems that the CP for Intense Love is not as strong as for TROTR.

i think they expected Intense love to be a better hit than our orange and banana

(i think is because alot kissing scene ? makes you feel some type of way)

but like the chemistry in TROTR cannot be beaten lol 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

My boyfriend who does not watch chinese dramas follow this drama and he actually rewatched it again last night because he wanted to check out details about this drama. He told me this is the one drama he doesn't mind rewatching it with me lol. I love the small details that this drama focus on. Did anyone notice that after QQ stole the dragon bone to cure HS he started to wear her customized outfit for him a lot through out the show? Someone Weibo also pointed it out and my boyfriend even pointed it out last night. He says that is the turning point for HS in falling in love with QQ.

cERcf2w.jpg

oLnmbPf.jpg

QkVf9fV.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, lavvarr said:

i think they expected Intense love to be a better hit than our orange and banana

(i think is because alot kissing scene ? makes you feel some type of way)

but like the chemistry in TROTR cannot be beaten lol 

I agree with you! Just a freaking glance from HS to QQ and my heart just start to feel butterflies lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

I didn’t see any chemistry or funny part in IL. Sorry, just my personal opinion and not to offended anyone. Watched up to ep4 and found it boring. Maybe because I just finished watching and re-watching (countless time lol) TROTR and is still missing it (lol lol). I watched IL because many mentioned in this forum. If a drama is sold just because many kisses, then it is no longer pleasant to watch. Don’t find it as entertaining as TROTR nor convincing acting to create the natural atmosphere like watching TROTR. The part when Meng Guo was captured was too funny. ZLS played it well there. Many shots she acted really well. For a romcom drama, it is not easy to create the funny but not silly if not supported by good scripts and actors. With TROTR, even the supporting roles like BaiBai and RuiRui have strong presence and make the whole story line funnier 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3