Easy, Delicious Recipe Suggestions?

monbebe_fluffy

As a new cook, I struggle to find recipes that are easy yet delicious to feed a large family. (My family comes in packs.) If you have recipes you can suggest that would be wonderful! I prefer Asian food but if you have other suggestions, feel free to tell me! I can already make congee and daikon steak.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

@partyon come here and share ur recipe :joy:

Rosti 

1 package of Rosti (potato)

3 sausages

1 paprika 

1 big onion

Put margarine/oil, fried the sausages for a while. Put the rosti, fried until a bit brownish, put paprika & big onion as last. 

Egg you can add per your need.

@triplem this is almost my daily food now :D

Looks delicious. Let's see if I can find this in the supermarket next time I go out. 

hi!

one of my go-to recipe when I'm feeling lazy but fancy something vaguely korean is a very easy and fast noodle salad. here are the proportions for 2 servings. super versatile and easy to prepare in big proportions!

9 onces noodles of your choice (korean noodles or western types of noodles, short or long, pick your favorite :blush:)

sauce:

1/2 tablespoon gochujang (I like mildly spicy dishes)

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1/2 tablespoon sugar (I like mildly sweet dishes)

1 tablespoon sesame oil

2-3 splashes of fish sauce (I recommend the Phu Quoc brand)

a pinch of powdered ginger

1/2 tablespoon doenjang (optionnal), tastes great if you add pork toppings :)

-mix the sauce ingredients well

-cook the noodles

-drain the noodles, then combine them with the sauce. toss well until the noodles are well coated with the sauce

-add toppings of your choice: kimchi, pieces of bacon, blood sausage, already cooked shrimps, roasted laver, julienned cucumber etc

eat the noodle salad lukewarm or cold, depending of your preferences :)

@Lmangla Please post your recipe here :)

Salmon Soup (the type they eat in Scandinavia)

6377?w=1440&h=640&fit=crop&q=60

800 ml fish stock

6 potatoes (in chunks)

2 carrots (peeled and sliced)

1-2 onions (diced)

1 bay leaf

10 whole allspice (pimento)

400 grams salmon (in chunks)

200 ml cream

50-100 ml fresh dill (chopped)

10-20 grams butter

chopped chives (optional)

salt (to taste)

Cook potatoes, carrots, onions, bay leaf and allspice in the fish stock until potatoes are almost ready (about 20 mins). Add in the salmon chunks, cream, salt and butter and cook for 5 mins (or less - until the salmon is tender). Add in fresh dill (and fresh chives - optional). Serve with some bread :)

thanks @partyon; when I am bored, I am sometimes watching cooking videos on youtube and there are some easy recipes there.

so if you have bun or bread that is a bit old or a little stale, please don't throw it away especially during this lockdown unless it has gone bad and has mould. you can turn stale bread into other dishes. you can make something like bread pudding or bread upma both of which are relatively easy dishes to make. makes for a good light dinner.

bread upma: this is veg version - if you want to add meat, you can; also note that you can play around with the spices. basically you just need tomatoes and onions for the gravy, salt and pepper. the other spices can be modified if you don't have these... this only requires a stove.

Spoiler

savoury bread pudding: so I don't remember where I got the recipe from but I sort of do a modified version of this. if you don't have cream in the house, it is fine. otherwise, all you need is 2 eggs and 1 cup of milk. no need for stock. saute onions and whatever veggies I feel like. the veggies don't need to be fully cooked, just partial. if you have leftover veggies, then add those before you pop it in the oven. whatever spices I feel like. if there's some leftover meat in the house, I add those. or if you have some frozen sausage, then fry a few and then pop it in before you bake. if you have some cheese, add some. I don't have an oven and so I use the microwave (convection + microwave setting, 600W at 12 minutes). stick a knife in middle to see if it is cooked through. otherwise, put it in for another few minutes. done!

Spoiler

many recipes with stale bread may ask you to toast them but it is not actually needed per se. the bread is already tough and so it can be cooked as it is....

Archived