XX

image_readtop_2020_80430_157984567840639

Network: MBC

Genre: romance, drama

Episodes: 10

Airdate: January 24th, 2020

Watch on: VLive

Story:

It tells the story of a speakeasy bar that is accessible only to those in the know.

Cast:

Hani (EXID) as bartender Yoon Nana

Hwang Seung Eon as Lee Rumi

Noh Sang Hyun 

Note: "XX” will premiere on MBC on January 24 at 12:50 a.m. KST. The drama will also be available online on YouTube and Facebook starting on January 29.

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] XX - EXID's Hani, Hwang Seung Eon & Noh Sang Hyun - Premieres on January 24th
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

Great news!  XX has been licensed @Viki

https://www.viki.com/tv/36980c-xx

fsfafsdfdtledvqjg2.png

AVAILABLE SYNOPSIS:

Na Na is the head bartender of a speakeasy bar, “XX” and she's famous for her chic looks and natural talking manner that never cross lines. She practically owns the bar because she has control of everything, including the interior, menu as well as developing the signature cocktail of bar XX. It was her goal to save up the money and take over XX, but the owner suddenly sells the bar and a new owner appears in front of her. The new owner is Lee Roo Mi who used to be Na Na's best friend and betrayed Na Na. And their ill-fated relationship begins.

Happy watching everyone!

For those who can't watch at Viki due to country restrictions, English subs will be somehow around the net

• Guest changed the title to [Webdrama 2020] XX - VLive

Yeah i like the style and editing for this drama. Not that i would want it for every drama but it fits here. I thought Hani came off really natural in those slice of life scenes. And she rocked those badass scenes but that's the thankful part anyway. Have to see if she pulls it off when they go deeper into her character.

And wow from the way they set everything up at the start. The romance really should be between Yoon Na-Na and Lee Roo-Mi. They had some serious chemistry as at those bar scenes. It would fit right into the kdrama trope if it wasn't for the obvious.

Well a drama about a female friendship at its core is pretty rare as well.

Btw did she really sleep with her then boyfriend? I can't exactly remember how they portrayed it. I am too lazy searching the scene because the editing has it all scrambled up.

Either way it feels like there is something more to the story.

Just watched he first episode and adored it! I’m enjoying the cinematography and story telling so far. Here’s some thoughts/predictions/theories I have:

• @rocher22 I’m totally shipping DH with NN though I’m curious if his childhood friend ‘battery’ might come into play for a love triangle if she has unrequited feelings for him (I feel like he very much likes NN by the looks he gives her, and so far she’s either oblivious or too traumatized from past to even consider liking someone new. But maybe DH can change that).
  • @Fabbo indeed it seems that RM slept with NNs boyfriend at the time. RM always wore an ‘R’ necklace and when NN shows up to his place, she sees some wine glasses and clothes scattered like they had drunk then hooked up. On the table she also notices R’s necklace. NN was about to open the door and walk in on them but decided to wait outside listening to music. Poignant scene. Maybe it’s better that way, waiting for the dirty deed to be done and confront them once they walk out that room rather then walk in on them in the middle of the nasty act. I dunno, her decision is definitely worth discussing about because I’m curious what you guys think about that.
  • I’m pretty sure NN’s current best friend is gay and having an affair with RM’s current boy friend (who I was semi relieved to see wasnt NN’s ex boyfriend, or that would have just resulted in even more angst on my end as a viewer, despising to see him on screen and main lead having to deal with him too along with RM). The reason I think these two are having an affair because he happened to gift RM perfume, which also happens to be NN’s besties job. I suspect that the perfume ‘for his mom’ in the back seat (that RM mentioned noticing looked like someone sat there, a sign that guy or girl her boyfriend is probably having an affair) was actually for him, a customized scent. Maybe RM will accidentally take that one and wear it, which NNs bestie recognizes the scent and realizing she’s the fiancée to his down low lover (if he knows already that he’s engaged). 
  • Other than that, I guess the question so far as the past is unveiled, is why did RM do that to her best friend? I know there’s no reasonable excuse to cheating, but the interesting tidbit I’ve been told when to analyze infidelity situations is to look at the relationship the mistress had with the victim. In the case of if it’s a sister or friend, basically someone the victim knew or was close with, there a significant factor in how the mistress hooking up with the taken man wasn’t just after the man, but chose him because of her relation to the woman. In a sense maybe she was envious of her, or so insecure in her own taste of men she trusted more her friends? 

@philosophie

You might be right about Hwang Jung-Deun (her roommate) being gay. I had that thought as well. But i don't it's him Jung Kyu-Min has an affair with. I think it's just the obvious.. his female lawyer colleague. Or maybe there is going to be some twist and he doesnt have an affair at all. Either way their relationship is done for.

Watched this show raw because I love it so much.

seems that we got more info about what happened in the past. NN’s bf lied to RM that he had broken up with her and that’s when they slept together. Morning she wakes up. NN is there and he tells RM it was a lie but justifies his actions by pointing her sleeping with friends ex. Basically he jut used her for one night stand and wanted to get back with NN. When he confronts NN in stairwell after she denies any possibility of getting back together, he justifies his actions as if NN is to blame for him straying and he must have had a reason. RM’s boyfriend is the same when he is confronted with cheatng on RN. I think NN knows that RM was misled by her ex, seeing as how they also spoke to each other after it happened in the past and NN walked away from her. And (this is my assumption because they left this part vague on how NN and RM felt after the event but so far I think RM justifies what she did by thinking she did no we g since she was lied to instead owning it up to it which irks NN nerves because it didn’t matter if RM had been lied to, NN was still betrayed by her friend sleeping with her bf ex or not).

im loving the progression between NN and DH like I totally label their dynamic as a flirtationship right now:tounge_xd:

Yep. Good points.

The themes of shifting the blame came up with NN back then and with RM now. Both men do it. And with RM now you also have him trying to make her a crazy person. I loved that scene where she calls him out for that. "You treat me like a weird person for taking some depression pills." And how you can see it in her eyes when she slowly realizes what kind of person he is. I am not talking about the cheating here but what he thinks of her "the crazy rich girl" and probably women in general. That whole scene was great. And yes this flirtation between NN and DH is great but after that handgrab at the end i again just can't shake the thought how great a romance between the two female leads would be.

So we got our assumption confirmed that her roommate is gay. I am curious if they have anything planned for him or if he just tags along. The scenes with them both are always fun though. It feels like he is especially concerned for RM. I am not sure if he has any romantic feelings for her.

The preview for next weeks looked really fun.

So glad there's a thread for this drama! 

I've watched all 3 ep. & (like McDs) I'm lovin' it. It's a bummer it airs just 1 ep. per week oh well~ Love love LOVE the foursome that is - Roo Mi, Na2, Jayden & Danny (WoW all English names sort of) 

The title sound real risqué LoL but luckily nothin' too titillating. Ha Ni's pretty decent in her first lead role. I'm lookin' forward to more to see how Na2 & Roo Mi go forward with their bar business. 

And damn the way Danny looks at Na2 (sigh dreamily) 

On 2/8/2020 at 11:45 AM, Fabbo said:

Yep. Good points.

The themes of shifting the blame came up with NN back then and with RM now. Both men do it. And with RM now you also have him trying to make her a crazy person. I loved that scene where she calls him out for that. "You treat me like a weird person for taking some depression pills." And how you can see it in her eyes when she slowly realizes what kind of person he is. I am not talking about the cheating here but what he thinks of her "the crazy rich girl" and probably women in general. That whole scene was great. And yes this flirtation between NN and DH is great but after that handgrab at the end i just had to imagine again how great a romance between them would be.

So we got our assumption confirmed that her roommate is gay. I am curious if they have anything planned for him or if he just tags along. The scenes with them both are always fun though. It feels like he is especially concerned for RM. I am not sure if he has any romantic feelings for her.

The preview for next weeks looked really fun.

Totally, I think she realized a lot when she confronted him outside the restaurant at the end of the recent episode. His true colors came out. After watching it with subs, it seems that she had suspecting him of cheating in the past but let it go when he turned the tables and gaslighted her that it was just crazy talk from her mental illness. Which I absolutely hate when people do that, invalidating someone’s thoughts and opinions because they have a disorder when I’m sure the other person is not even close to ‘perfect’ themselves. However when that happened in the past, RM still didn’t see her boyfriends mask come off until now when he said under his breath ‘ugh they say the richer she s the crazier she is’ or something. Like he’d reached his tipping point pretending to be all goody goody and the nice sweet gentleman was all a facade. Really he was just playing her like a fiddle, and it worked because she was lonely and deprived of affection. 

Why though, did she sleep with NN’s boyfriend, ex or not, when NN was most likely her only true friend back then? Why did you want to spend the night with them when you know even if they were broken up it’s a violation of girl code? 

See, I’ve sure met my handful of RMs and NN’s where in a best friendship one friend slept with the others boyfriend. Many times they reasoned that because they spent so much time with their best friend, they also did with their boyfriend and it just ended up happening where they fell in love with him too. Or seeing how well he treated their best friend, made them want that boyfriend to be theirs. 

Personally, I don’t think I could forgive a friend if they did that to me. I have seen a lot of guys still remain friends after one of them sleeping with the others lover, and moving on from it because it seemed easier for them to ‘not let a girl get in between” but for some reason it just feeels like one of the worst things a girl could do to their friend, which is be with their man. Why is that ? 

21 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

So glad there's a thread for this drama! 

I've watched all 3 ep. & (like McDs) I'm lovin' it. It's a bummer it airs just 1 ep. per week oh well~ Love love LOVE the foursome that is - Roo Mi, Na2, Jayden & Danny (WoW all English names sort of) 

The title sound real risqué LoL but luckily nothin' too titillating. Ha Ni's pretty decent in her first lead role. I'm lookin' forward to more to see how Na2 & Roo Mi go forward with their bar business. 

And damn the way Danny looks at Na2 (sigh dreamily) 

So glad to Have you on this thread! Wish it was more active because this drama is one of my current favorites

ughh I know right the main leads chemistry is off the charts, I hope we get more steamy and passionate scenes between them

@philosophie

I guess that explains why we are from Venus, men are from Mars? Men don't bear grudges the way women do. They get over it pretty quickly. Women are more wired emotionally so when a relationship goes awry, we take it upon ourselves to blame etc. Probably why some women don't do too well post break up I guess? I mean I'm the same way as well but I let it go eventually as life's too short (shrug) 

I don't really like how snappy Roo Mi is at Na2 during the course of this drama when it was she that slept with her bf y'know? She just comes across as your typical spoiled rich heiress. Idk she just doesn't come off likable to me. Ha Ni looks better with her bangs worn down LoL. I think it's pretty obvious Jayden's gay & damn he's a savage ha-ha. 

Roo Mi's oppa is such sweet karmic payback but I can't help but feel slightly sorry for her.. next ep. preview look like Na2 will help Roo Mi get even. 

On 2/9/2020 at 2:54 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

@philosophie

I guess that explains why we are from Venus, men are from Mars? Men don't bear grudges the way women do. They get over it pretty quickly. Women are more wired emotionally so when a relationship goes awry, we take it upon ourselves to blame etc. Probably why some women don't do too well post break up I guess? I mean I'm the same way as well but I let it go eventually as life's too short (shrug) 

I don't really like how snappy Roo Mi is at Na2 during the course of this drama when it was she that slept with her bf y'know? She just comes across as your typical spoiled rich heiress. Idk she just doesn't come off likable to me. Ha Ni looks better with her bangs worn down LoL. I think it's pretty obvious Jayden's gay & damn he's a savage ha-ha. 

Roo Mi's oppa is such sweet karmic payback but I can't help but feel slightly sorry for her.. next ep. preview look like Na2 will help Roo Mi get even. 

Absolutely. I guess that’s where NN’s remaining anger towards RM is from. That Rm acts as if she never did anything wrong or has any remorse for her actions. And despite that entitled, narcissistic demeanor of hers, I too sympathize with the karmic what goes around comes around happening to her right now because I can see her breaking point. Interesting how though she has money, that’s basically the only good thing in her life. While at least NN has her bar tending talented, bestie and love in life. 

Haha yes, I’m so curious who Jayden’s ex is. Interesting the camera panned to man and girl but saw specifically guys face. They keep it vague calling his ex ‘lover’ and still not confirming canon that he’s gay.

anyone saw VIP kdrama last year? I feel like this showing is pulling the same stunt where you keep wondering who the ‘mistress’ is. Seeing as how they keep it a mystery till now when we think it’s the obvious lawyer friend, I’m wondering what kind of twist is in store for the identity of that mistress. Anyone got any theories?

I know I sound like a broken record, but I’m loving this show so much. Especially the script, which is funny coming from someone that’s watching with subtitles. The interactions between characters are quite deep and I enjoy how the story has been going so far. Also maybe because it’s only ten eps, it’s not dragging at all luckily.

Ugh 1 ******* leaves and another ******* shows up.:P

Love Roo Mi's nails btw.:D She was real composed during that showdown between her Oppa & his tramp. At least now Roo Mi & Na2 are even. But now with Tae Hyun showin' up, it's goin' to ruffle some feathers & I am ready for it LoL.:w00t:

Jayden's such a cool roommate, he offers style & life tips. He also has the best lines on this show.:lol: Danny reminds me so much of Doo Joon of Highlight.   

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Ugh 1 ******* leaves and another ******* shows up.:P

Love Roo Mi's nails btw.:D She was real composed during that showdown between her Oppa & his tramp. At least now Roo Mi & Na2 are even. But now with Tae Hyun showin' up, it's goin' to ruffle some feathers & I am ready for it LoL.:w00t:

Jayden's such a cool roommate, he offers style & life tips. He also has the best lines on this show.:lol: Danny reminds me so much of Doo Joon of Highlight.   

I know right, just when we had a rest on the smelly trash another garbage can arrived. I’m all here for it though. For DH to put him in his place and RM as well as NN get give a piece of their mind to him. Haha I love jay and Rams dynamic. First she’s jealous that he lives with NN, then he’s worrying about her after investigating (wow great tips by the way for anyone trying to find proof of unfeeling in a relationship). It’s like they have this rivalry over being NNs number one bff but also this comradery where they are actually now become good friends too. 

Im glad we found out who trash was cheating on her with. I was hoping they wouldn’t pull a VIP and waste many eps hyping up the mystery for nothing. Was surprised it was assistant but it made sense, I should have suspected it since she was only other woman besides lawyer we saw in office. I enjoyed seeing RM channel majority of her anger on the man rather than the woman, which is how it should be when most people get mad at the mistress over the cheater when it’s the cheater that cheated. 

Yes i I love her nails so much! I wish we had some screen. Grabs of the,. I’m also loving the ost with the epic opening. 

@philosophie

Yea but I still kind of wanted Roo Mi to mess up the tramp's hair & slap her too LoL!:P The jerkface was too much.<_< It was bad enough he called Roo Mi a whack job & to now say he doesn't love her anymore.. WoW.

Then to add salt to wound he says he couldn't leave 'cause he still needs her money! What a moocher & loser. :P Good riddance to trash indeed. The tramp's no different, probably thought she scored with a piggy bank. Didn't know he's actually hollow ha-ha.

Not lying that this drama is the only one I look forward to every week.:D

23 hours ago, philosophie said:

I know I sound like a broken record, but I’m loving this show so much. Especially the script, which is funny coming from someone that’s watching with subtitles. The interactions between characters are quite deep and I enjoy how the story has been going so far. Also maybe because it’s only ten eps, it’s not dragging at all luckily.

Yes. And it's funny because it wants to be this cool and hip webdrama just looking at the style, how it is shot and edited. And i think it is pretty cool. I love it everytime the ost kicks in. And from what i've heard it's very popular among teens. But if you look at it it's actually one of the more mature airing dramas right now.

Archived