[Taiwanese Drama 2019] Someday or One Day 想見你

0ly40

@kokodus Still have about 20 mins left of ep 4. I read your spoiler though.

Spoiler

Nah, the psychiatrist is the sketchy classmate who threatened Yun Ru. Not MJJ. :D

ZBg3j_5f.jpg

vs

403794.jpg?ver=1

Hmmm.... Doesn't he remind you of Park Seo Joon a bit?

EDIT:

Ep 4

Spoiler

Ok, so it's clear that MJJ is in love with Yun Ru. He's not in love with the present time Yu Xuan in Yun Ru's body. MJJ even said that she isn't anymore the girl he used to know. LZW is falling in love with the time traveling Yu Xuan instead.

Why do I have a feeling LZW will seek out the child version of Yu Xuan ? :spitswater:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@partyon

Spoiler

I think Li zi Wei at some point has time travelled to come and meet Yu xuan. I even think the Quan Sheng that Yu xuan fell in love with is really Li zi Wei. If that is the case what happened to him?! Where did he disappear to? On the other hand, we also have the original Li zi Wei from the past who has aged and who has Quan sheng's phone. Hmmm. I'm just so confused at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@kokodus Agree! This drama is so confusing lol :D

Am still wondering about the ring....

Spoiler

"Only if you ask to see me"

Is it Li Zi Wei who planted the ring in the car? He won't come out until she asks for him - not for Quan Sheng? IDK why this is so confusing. He is for sure the one who is wearing the matching ring.

• Love 1

@partyon When are we watching the 5th ep? Where is @larus?

Spoiler

Don't understand why Zi Wei has Quan sheng's stuff. The ring, his phone...definitely they both have a connection, but how? And "Only if you ask to see me" why is Zi Wei thinking that Yu xuan will ask to see him? 

What about her diary entry- "He is Quan sheng". Who is Quan Sheng? When did she write that? How did she realize that? So many questions....sigh. 

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

39 minutes ago, partyon said:

No idea where @larus is. Maybe she was busy yesterday.

Yes, I was busy. I managed to watch the second episode last night.

The thread for this drama is still active? WOW.

48 minutes ago, kokodus said:

When are we watching the 5th ep? Where is @larus?

I am way behind! ^_^

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Spoiler

I like how she keeps testing him hoping that he is the Wang Quan Sheng she loved. But dear, you don't need anything to prove that he is the one, you just have to feel it. Trust your heart. Definitely one of my favourite moment is when Quan Sheng told Yu xuan that if she ever comes to meet him in the past, she doesn't have to say anything, he would just know that she is his future by looking at her. That was great.

The psychopathic murderer in high school eventually became a psychiatrist?!?! He is just so creepy. No one ever told me that it's a crime thriller. They baited me with romance and melodrama tags. I hate this. 

@partyon @larus EP5 SPOILERS

• Like 2

Ep 6 SPOILERS

Spoiler

Can I just say how much I love Zi Wei for not being a noble idiot?! Years of watching kdramas have already immunized me for this dreaded trope and I would've totally understood him if he had decided to not say anything about his feelings for her and torture himself and also us while taking that secret to grave because his best friend loved her first. Instead it was soooooo refreshing to see him confess to his friend as soon as (he didnt waste a second. Lol) he was sure of his feelings. Woahhh. I did not expect that at all. 

I kinda understand what is going on in this show, but I feel like they might throw some curve balls here and there towards the end. Hmmm 

• Like 2

I watched episode 4 last night.

I did not read the other posts related to episode 3-4. I will read them later.

A few thoughts.

Spoiler

I had a feeling watching episode 4 that Li Zi Wei might be Wang Quan Sheng but I don`t know how. Not only they used similar quotes but they have a similar personality. Li Zi Wei traveled in the future and used the name Wang Quan Sheng? I am not sure to make a theory right now.  

Definetely, Yu Xuan have  a mission to save Yun Ru from being murdered. I wish she will succeed.

Dr Xie, the psychiatrist from 2019, could be the killer? When he heard the name Chen Yun Ru from Yu Xuan `s story became so shaken. And later we saw that  he had newspaper articles and pictures of Yun Ru. Very suspicious.

On 8/29/2023 at 10:25 PM, partyon said:

Nah, the psychiatrist is the sketchy classmate who threatened Yun Ru. Not MJJ. :D

I have not realised that he already appeared in the past. Thanks for this information. :D I am not very good with Chinese names.

• Love 1

@larus It's okay. Real life is busy for all of us! I was also hoping I would have had time to watch ep 5 and 6 today, but I'll only manage to finish ep 5. Tomorrow I won't have time to watch any episodes.

I'll try and watch as much as possible this weekend. :glasses:

main-qimg-404df4dbd7701ae59aee31b7bbe089

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ep 5 thoughts

Spoiler

As expected, the classmate / psychiatrist is the culprit... But is he the culprit of Yun Ru's murder as well? We shall see.

I guess that we are now to jump on the bandwagon that LZW and WQS are one and the same person. It still doesn't explain some things - why LZW is talking about WQS as a separate person. I am actually inclined to believe that LZW has been time jumping as well. Into the future.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Episode 5 and 6

Spoiler

Right now, it is obvious that the killer is that boy, class monitor. Man, he has obsession with Yun Ru and he has hallucinations. And he later became a psychiatrist? He is smart to be a class monitor but how he managed to keep in check his mental problems?

It was horrible how the teachers handle Mo Jun Jie, asking him to drop school.  He was not even accused of anything and they treated him as a guilty boy.

Li Zi Wei is Wang Quan Cheng no doubt about that now. Zi wei  puting vineger in food and said again the same line (That`s my style) as Quan Cheng. Again.

Yu Xuan making a test was smart. She said the joke about ramen like she heard from Quan Cheng. Of course Zi wei did not know the joke but later he laughed, found it funny. And Quan Cheng said in the future the same joke. The test worked. We know that there is a direct changing in the time line. 

So, Yu Xuan could change Yun Ru`s fate.

Now.... how Zi Wei became Quan Cheng? It must be Zi Wei who traveled first in the future. He took Quan Cheng `s body, just like Yu Xuan took Yun Ru`s? He gave Yu Xuan the tool to time travel. Complicated.

I liked that Yu Xuan spend time with Yun Ru`s brother and helped him. She even integrated with the other girls at school but how is going to integrate the real Yun Ru after she will return? She will resolve her issues so quickly? The girl is serious depressed. I like that Yu Xuan writes her experience in the diary for Yun Ru to read. I hope that will help Yun Ru to try to open up in the future.

Mo Jun Jie likes Yun Ru and Li Zi Wei likes Yu Xuan. It is not really a love triangle.  :lol:

I just knew the little lost girl was Yu Xuan the moment she appeared on screen. I am perfectly fine with Zi Wei sending her home but it was not necesarry for the girl to have a crush on her savious. Typical kdramas in Tdramas.  Whatever.... :grimace:

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I`ve started episode 7 but I want to comment about the first scene.

Spoiler

I wanted to talk about the blue room. Where is Yun Run when Yu Xuan is living her life in 1998?

And why she is watching Yu Xuan? This experience (time travel) is was possible because she will have another chance to live?

But why Zi Wei traveled then?

Is everything a BIG DREAM and not a time travel?

• Love 2

I finished episode 7.

OK. Now things are getting more clear.

Spoiler

Zi Wei wanted to visit someone in prison in 2003 but that person refused to see him.

I hope the person in jail is not Mo Jun Jie. I hope he was not wrongfully accused of Yun Ru`s murder of something.

Maybe my imagination goes wild right now. :D

In 2003, while visiting Taiwan, he was in a car listening to THAT casette and he was invoolved in a car accident. He wake up in Quan Sheng`s body. Quan Shen was like past Yun Ru, depressed, perhaps with not many friends. Why he was in the water? Did he want to kill himself? I remember that Quan Sheng`s mother told Yu Xuan that he was bullied (or something like that), he was very sad but she changed his life. Now I get it. Quan Sheng became different just like Yun Ru. he was Zi Wei.

And Zi wei will look for Yu Xuan and she will fall in love with him. So Zi Wei and Yu Xuan felt in love with each other in the past and in the future. 

But we still have 6 episodes. It is too early to elucidate the mistery. Both Zi Wei and Yu Xuan will try to change the fate of Yun Ru and Quan Sheng?

Zi Wei came back to 2003 when he had the plane accident in 2019?  

Now Yu Xuan met Zi Wei from his right time? 

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Episode 8.

OK. When I thought things gets smoothly in the right direction (I thought) it comes the end of episode 8. Surprise....

Spoiler

I liked that we saw how Zi Wei (pretending to be Quan Sheng) courted Yu Xuan when they were both students. I wanted to see how they met.

In the end of episode 8, the bomb. The present/future/old Zi Wei (I don`t know how to call him), is talking with uncle Wu (in 2010) was talking to the phone that Zi wei from the past came in the life of Yu Xuan like he predicted. What? Oh, boy! My head is spinning.

In 2010, there are two Zi Wei? WTH is going on? I hope the explanation for all this makes sense.

• Awesome 1