Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] A Little Thing Called First Love 初恋那件小事

Hi @packmule3:) Hope you are doing well!

Netflix releases new episodes every Friday so they are a bit behind compared to Viki or any other streaming sites. But yes, this is definitely a light and happy one and just an all-over-feel-good type of drama.

• Like 2

Although You Nian does not agreed to keep their relationship "under the radar" so to speak but he respect Miao Miao's choice. I loved how he defended her against the criticism of the 2nd prize winner.

Our You Nian got a couple of cheesy moves and loved his jealousy moments. In the preview, I think he had enough of the Junior pursuit of his girlfriend, he will now make known of their relationship.

I thought it is so funny that he wanted to find out how to break ties with his father after his father forced him to go on a family holiday just when he and Miao Miao is officially an item.

• Like 2

@cenching not interested in drama for me lately hahaha... but I've been hearing some nice comments about this drama in twitter.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I can understand You Nian's decision to stay back to do the project that his mother had started. It is his way to carry on his mother's dreams.

I also know that he is unselfish to allow Miao Miao the opportunity to go abroad for something she worked so hard for regardless what motivated her to do it in the first place.

In the end, there will be that 1 year separation for our couple and perhaps with that experience Miao Miao can finally be confident that she can stand next to You Nian with her head up high. 

However, I like to see her taking her time to return so that You Nian will frantic wondering whether she had met someone else and not coming back. He made most of the decision in their relationship so it will be nice to see him in some anxiety for once.

• Like 2

Last day. Hoping for some lovey dovey scenes and proper kiss by the end of the drama. 

Just finished ep 32. YN and MM are adorable dating; loving scenes with YN drinking vinegar, and MM is a cutie with her sass. Haven’t had the time to watch past 32, but I’ve caught some spoilers on IG.

Spoiler

We all knew there was going to be a separation at some point, right? They’re too cute to not have some trial to test their relationship. This drama is all about ‘First Love’. For the majority, first love is something that you leave in the past. For the minority, the chance that a couple who have only loved one person their whole entire lives, and are still with them today, that’s an amazing feat! In reality, most of us may recall bittersweet thoughts of our first loves, but regarding the drama, I really hope (since I haven’t seen the end yet) that whatever separation leads our couple apart, will resolve and they reunite positively. (I need my HE, I say!)

I’ve seen remarks on YT about ‘not a proper kiss scene’, or ‘the production just teased us’. The only thing I can say is, it’s age appropriate. These actors are 17 & 18. To expect them to have a full-blown make out session, is downgrading the innocence of our youths. If these two were a little older, then my expectations would be extremely high. lol. I’m content that the director protected the actors, while still giving us the hints of the actual first kiss.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Is anyone bothered by all the almost kisses? I think its so mean to tease us like that when I have a feeling there won't be any. I really wanted to see them kiss.

• LOL 3

OST for the Drama :) compile by a fan :) 

1. First Love - Lai Guan Lin (00:00)

2. Can You Feel My Heart - Wang Bowen (3:26)

3. Live In Your Heart - Huang Wei (7:00)

4. I Can Only Leave - Yan Renzhong (10:35)

5. Destiny - Li Yi Ying (14:25)

Cr: matcha latte (Youtube)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, duzylou said:

Is anyone bothered by all the almost kisses? I think its so mean to tease us like that when I have a feeling there won't be any. I really wanted to see them kiss.

alot of ppl are bother by it....through out the series we never get a kiss just a peek lols...

however somehow this really hold to the term of 'First Love' :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

i have rewatch this part multiple times and i couldnt help and still loving it....how YouNian went ahead to announce his and MiaoMiao relationship because the little junior is starting to get on his nerve and hearing the conversation between him and his buddy in the toilet make him go ahead with the plan :D 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@packmule3 heheheh good luck....i love the drama through out hahahha :) 

and i say the ending is very nicely tied up.....first times i seen a drama tied up so nicely :) 

Edit to add: YouNian finally let MiaoMiao knows that she is his muse :) 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

@packmule3 heheheh good luck....i love the drama through out hahahha :) 

and i say the ending is very nicely tied up.....first times i seen a drama tied up so nicely :) 

Edit to add: YouNian finally let MiaoMiao knows that she is his muse :) 

Thanks. I want a happy ending to my Cdramas and Kdramas. I don't want "misery" drama.

I  must admit that I cheated. I snuck a peak at the last episode because I couldn't believe that MiaoMiao would end up as ugly as she was in the beginning of the story.  :)

• LOL 3

Idk but as ep. go on the novelty of this drama is lost on me:P, like it's losing steam a lil just sayin' (shrug) I even skipped 2 ep. & honestly I didn't miss out on much. 

I for one, am gettin' tired of You Nian's possessive, jealous behavior:rolleyes: I had never found it cute & honestly it bothers me LoL. Irl this is a major red flag. 

I'm happy however that He Xin isn't stalking Kai Tuo blindly anymore & is growin' up for once.      

• Like 1

It’s over.:tears: 36 episodes is too long to tackle the title but somehow it’s not enough because it’s fun watching them and the supporting characters, too. No proper kisses but it’s alright given the title and the actual ages of the actors.:)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Thanks. I want a happy ending to my Cdramas and Kdramas. I don't want "misery" drama.

I  must admit that I cheated. I snuck a peak at the last episode because I couldn't believe that MiaoMiao would end up as ugly as she was in the beginning of the story.  :)

if it wasnt a happy ending i wouldnt have invited you in....i knew it was a happy ending from the beginning as this drama was actually based off a Thai Movie with the same title that star both Mario and Baifen, it was a hit then and now that it had been turn into a drama it is also a hit :D 

MiaoMiao wasnt ugly to begin with ....she just didnt care about her appearance and let it go and didnt take care of herself and with her mom mimick it really doesnt help much lols 

• Like 2