[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

2 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

And I think he was against ES because he knew that ES would get into trouble with the gangster side of Shady Mom and not know how to cope. 

even jenny is smart enough to know that they can't live with shady mom because she is going to bleed them dry but he says fine and thinks at some point he will be able to come home and live with grandfather. ahem. where is his brain? no wonder grandpa is fed up with him. maybe he isn't that close to family but won't you be disappointed if no one in your family wants to come to your wedding and your family is actually ashamed to invite people because they already see this as a disaster. and all eun seok can think is "I have to marry jenny" -- he comes across as such a loser. :sweatingbullets:.. okay, you want to marry this girl but seriously, one can't be that stupid!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god! Today's episode was mind blowing... I am hooked onto this drama now.

I'm finally starting to like AY, but I still skip her and Young Man's scenes... Not that interesting. It is really funny though.

ES is a damn fool. That's it. At first I thought he was trying to be nice, but once your family gives up on you when it comes to marrying the woman you love, you are being an absolute idiot. This guy is willing to do anything to get with her. He knows her mother is a nutcase, his aunt, who got into a fight with her knows, and his own grandfather, who lost ES parents because of her, knows. Even DJ, KI, Song Ah and Ms. Ji know that she's evil and a complete... Wreck. He is being incredibly naive and jumping in totally blind. Shady mom will bleed him dry just like Jenny said. Jenny knows her mother is a bit loose too! Wake up fool!

KS and EJ actually do make a really good couple. Their banter scene today was pretty cute. Seems like EJ has finally gotten over DJ and accepted the facts. Looking forward to more of their scenes, I really like KS. 

MS is a complete badass. He's standing his ground and won't let anything bring him down! That little pathetic lie shady mom made up about Jenny? MS was like miss me with that b.s.! He won't be falling for anything. And he's being 100% honest now! No more lies, but he's keeping the link between him and her a buried secret. He wants justice. And he does care for Jenny, now that we know what his real goal was from the beginning. Publish the book, while doing that, work with a very competent reporter (KI) to gather the real facts. Investigate Jenny and find her roots. He knows who shady mom really is. She is, indeed, the notorious Black Rose. But what is the Black Rose? What did she do? MS is certainly smart. Giving shady mom an ultimatum: you tell Jenny the truth or I will! He ain't playing no games!

Ok... I'm done with my rants now. This show has come such a long way. I love it a lot. Thank you @nohamahamoud2002 for recommending this to me and convincing me to stick to this show :heart:

3 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Ok... I'm done with my rants now. This show has come such a long way. I love it a lot. Thank you @nohamahamoud2002 for recommending this to me and convincing me to stick to this show :heart:

You are welcome dear friend :wub:

I knew you like mystery drama :) 

And also @Lmangla has a wonderful taste, she invited many of us to join from the start :wub:

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

And also @Lmangla has a wonderful taste, she invited many of us to join from the start :wub:

thanks! :D by the way, if anyone is bored, check out graceful family. am enjoying it 4 episodes in. got a bit of everything. dysfunctional family + romance + mystery + crazy rich people fighting. my kind of drama! hahahah....

19 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Kyung In is different from Jenny. She has self-confidence and she is smart. I guess MS will like her, after he gets over Jenny. He needs his own happy ending too. :wub:

If not, he already has a long line of fans lol

absolutely. after all he has been through, feel like he really deserves his own happy ending. crossing my fingers, they don't give him a sad ending in any form.

like you said, kyung in's self confidence and intelligence makes her a good match for him. if he had told jenny that his accident was not exactly one, she would have just nodded with no reaction. :sweatingbullets: kekekek..

Monday's episode (74) is another "must see".  More conversations between MS and shady Mom, Mrs. Ji invites MS to a home cooked meal where he says something that surprises her.  Shady Mom was questioning Jenny about something, perhaps her memories, that shook shady Mom somewhat.  And the swimming pool section where Ae Young has an encounter with Aunt and Eun Ji... yikes.

I think Tuesday is the wedding for DJ and Song Ah.:D

There is so much in this episode, it is really moving along.  MS tells shady Mom that he will give her a month to tell Jenny the truth.  Shady Mom keeps asking him, "Who are you?" and threatening him.  He responds with "I've already died several times because of you."  Then she goes to her gangster brother for help, but he is being monitored so closely that he doesn't want to do anything.  Mom questions Jenny about meeting with MS, and what did they discuss?  Jenny mentions the book presented to Mrs. Ji about the newspaper articles, and also the ones of other things that happened that day, including something about the Black Rose disappearing.  That shook up shady Mom.  She is wracking her brain as to how he might know her, but is stumped as she was told he was raised in France.  She can't come up with a connection.

Mrs. Ji had MS over for kimchi stew since he loves her food and she appreciates the info from the articles.  The eerie music played when he mentioned that she should look into other events that happened that day.  She had a shocked look on her face... the hints keep dropping, so will somebody get a clue?!  Kyung In is sworn to secrecy so when DJ  asked her something, she can only say , "It's a secret".  He keeps asking and she keeps saying, "Secret."  Cute.

The swimming pool episode was hilarious with Ae and Eun Ji getting into it.  What a mix this is going to be.  :w00t:

We're at the point now where Kyung In tells Jenny that the doctor was fake.  It looked like Jenny was questioning her mother about the reasons for the sessions.  I think Jenny confided in ES about it.

DJ and Song Ah married, Mrs. Ji has Ma Eum for the evening, but in her sleep, Mrs. Ji sleep walks into the street hallucinating about her lost daughter.

Shady Mom got the USB with MS's transactions from her gangster brother, and gave it to MS with a pretty smug and confident look.  He will react, I'm sure.

so now we know why shady mom kept jenny instead of abandoning her. she clearly tells her brother/boss that jenny was the money maker and hence shady mom kept her. so the first few years, how did jenny make money? she was only 4. even if she started working early as a teenager, the first few years, why didn't shady mom abandon jenny? or did she use jenny as a pawn to get money from those stepfathers that jenny referred to? so she made herself as an attractive vulnerable single mom who needs help kind of routine? and once these men grew tired and walked out, she then no longer needed men or marriage but jenny was old enough to start making clothes and was starting to make money? is that the timeline? have I understood it right? what do folks think?

39 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

@Lmangla I think that sounds right. Also, something I don’t understand is, how does a 4 year old not know who her mother is? Even babies know who the mother is. 

actually this part is quite accurate and realistic. so a soompi chingu who was psychiatrist once explained in another drama thread that as children, we all store very limited memories whereas as adults, we remember more. so if we don't see someone for long, eventually we will forget but children have more of a tendency to do so. this happens to lost and kidnapped children in the real world. initial phase, jenny would have known that shady mom was a stranger but as time passed, she would have forgotten especially as shady mom has re-written her past. jenny in a way recognizes mrs ji and song ah in that she is super comfortable with them and trusts them but she doesn't know why there is that ease of connection.

I'm thinking that Mrs. Ji and Jenny may find each other while in Miari, trying to recall memories, and comparing notes.  Poor Mrs. Ji is going to be so tormented when she finds out the truth by having missed most of Jenny's (Kyung Ah) childhood.  The joy of finding her will also be met with rage, hate, and grief.

Gangster brother is still insisting he had nothing to do with shady Mom's accident.  She seems doubtful,  but doesn't press him for fear of repercussions.  MS said that the USB documents seemed to have come from the police, which implies that there is someone in the police dept. who is working for the crooks.  MS asked his asst. to look into it.  This life of crime has multiple layers.

@Lmangla... I don't think there was any reason for shady Mom to have abandoned Jenny once she got older.  They still bonded, and once Jenny started to show talent and make money in the clothing industry, Mom was clever enough to exploit her talent and build a business.  It's been quite a gig, and Jenny is only starting to get clues that there are a lot of strange past incidences that make her Mom seem shady.   The layers of the onion are beginning to peel off.

Archived