005CuYJyly1g206oalit3j30np0zkgo9

Spoiler

005CuYJyly1g206odes8oj30u0190qas

005CuYJyly1g206od0tr5j30od0zkq4n

005CuYJyly1g206obk4z7j30u0190teq

005CuYJyly1g206oc2chej30u0190tec

005CuYJyly1g206ocdlrwj30np0zk0uu

Sr.weibo 

@nuttyz of course, handsome is a must for watching drama:lol: but sometimes even they're so handsome but dun have interesting characters will make us bored too right?.

When I read the novel the way XF describes LCY is really good looking and looks like in drama,so I believe whoever plays LCY char must be handsome,but I'm not sure, will he charismatic like when CXX play it?.

Same with me, i try so many drama recently after GMP finish(since my hobby is watching everything :lol:) but I can't feel the same like when I watched GMP.

@jewelsc me too, actually I watched GMP that time bcos the title :lol: I was bored with kdrama,than check random video on YT, when I see "Goodbye my princess" I just thought why? so they won't end up together?:lol: than I watch it without stop till ep 16 that time (unknowing the cast and story) but I enjoyed so much, think the PD,character,cast and the story is great,than try looking information abt remaining ep,read here and there, and found many people hates LCY:lol: but it's make me curious abt him more,and rewatch again only focus on him,and his char drag me to CXX :wub:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 4/11/2019 at 11:25 PM, pad-hari said:

There are so many interviews like this of him uploaded on YT.  His answers are short, sweet and matured.  Hope someone translates these.  @nuttyz can you help us when u r free.

Cr:uploader

Translation for the video below! 

-----

CXX: Hi all, I am CXX! 

Q: What scene did you acted out when you auditioned for GMP? 

A: I had to act out the scene with the fireflies for the audition. (Recap of Firefly scene) 

Q: Did it take 1 audition or many takes before you were finally chosen as the male lead? 

A: After rehearsing 1 time and after various communication with the director and the producer about the character (LCY), then it was decided (that CXX would take the role) 

Q: Did you ever ask the director why you were chosen? 

A: Oh, we never discussed about this because I believe the director chose me for a reason. I didn't think it was appropriate to discuss about this at that time. 

Q: The character LCY is a douchebag, were you worried when you took on this role? 

A: I wasn't worried because I tried to understand LCY from the beginning till the end (thoroughly). From the standpoint of LCY, he had to do what he did and didn't do anything wrong. It's just that sometimes he had no choice but to do things which ultimately hurt the people he cherishes. My biggest worry is that LCY is a complex character, there were many parts where I had to act out precisely. 

Q: Are you worried being labelled as a douchebag in the future? 

A: No, because I think LCY is that kind of character. I believe with new roles that I will take on in the future, people will care more about the show and the character. It's good that this character attracted many interests, I'm very happy. 

Q: Does LCY love power more or XF? 

A: I think he loves both and he wants both. I believe he also feels indebted to XF but with a lot of love. 

Q: Which part of the script did you feel that even you can't accept as LCY? 

A: I think overall it was ok, I can understand why he did certain things because he had his reasons from his point of view. 

Q: At which part did you feel like punching LCY? 

A: There wasn't any part, haha.. I really thought it was ok. 

Q: Which scene did you have the most NG? 

A: I think its the kiss scene with the fireflies. *shy*

Q: What do you think will be the ending if LCY was the one who first regains his memories? 

A: I think he will try his utmost best to stop XF from remembering the past. However, I believe if XF ultimately remembers in the end, the ending will still be the same. 

Q: You left a deep impression acting as Yang Kang and LCY. Would you want to play similar roles in the future? 

A: I think I would put it off for a while because I think it would be difficult to bring something new to the table with similar character types and the viewers would find it boring. 

Q: GMP is about to end, what do you have to say to the fans? 

A: Firstly, I am really thankful for all the support given to GMP, to LCY and also towards me as CXX. After this, I would have new dramas/movies with different character types to be presented to the viewers. I am really thankful for all your effort, support and love for CXX. So, I am really happy to have you, really! Thank you! 

-------

Such a humble boy! :wub:

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Omg!!! @nuttyz TY so much for the translation.  Look at him, the way he responds.  It's very matured and still he supports the role of LCY and no justification of the role he played.  It shows the confidence in the role he had taken.  And as u said, he is so humble.  Love him so much.  Hope he continue to be like this.

Loveya:kiss_wink: for the translations and more to come:tounge_wink:

• Love 1

@nuttyz Thank you so much:heart::heart:

You're our angel here:lol: and me too,wait other translation:lol:

@pad-hari He indeed love with LCY char:)

Interview 

Cr.uploader 

Chinese ghost story (can't wait for this,bcos I watched and like Leslie cheung version too:))

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4354869760476882

GMP water  filming

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4360956782028737

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4360568565957643

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4360728712796010

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4360351829014762

Other Day day up pics

006QGqn3ly1g22ieh3abxj30k00vnmyz

Spoiler

ce21afbely1g22h0c0i6oj20u018ve82

7f163ccely1g2245ut799j20u0190do5

a8b66162gy1g21x6udh30j21yw352kjp

a8b66162gy1g21x6h1w65j21y432sx6s

a8b66162gy1g21x6n9hfij220136cu10

a8b66162gy1g21x690msfj22rm1yrb2c

7f163ccely1g2245rpqr6j20u01a4dqg

7f163ccely1g2245um9ffj20u0190qcc

7f163ccely1g2245uezxoj20u0190tgc

006EDmN9ly1g22fkj2tb1j32801hc7wi

006qHOitly1g22ige0agmj32yo1z4e1u

59e10e3fgy1g200806gwoj21900u01l2

Sr.weibo 

• Love 1

On 4/12/2019 at 4:22 PM, pad-hari said:

@nuttyz, to your attention:kiss_wink::tounge_wink:

Translation video no:2

This video is for Instyle, does not look like photoshoot.  No idea what this is about?

Cr:as tagged

For MOL time pieces, I suppose

Translation for first video on PONY, will do the rest later! 

----

Reporter: CXX, this is the first time you partnered with PONY, what do you think of this brand? 

CXX: I'm sorry can you raise your hand as I can't see where you are? 

*flustering at this point coz he couldn't hear the question properly and the reporter repeated her question*

CXX: I quite like this brand because my usual dressing style is more sporty and the clothes given to me this round was really comfortable. 

Reporter: You are quite a stylish man in person, what are your usual styling tips? 

CXX: I usually go for comfort and sporty look because it feels very comfortable, natural and looks good.

Reporter: Did you feel nervous on stage (his first catwalk)? 

CXX: Very nervous, I kept sweating inside and my legs were shaking. This is also my first time attending such an event, it was definitely nerve wrecking for me. However, I try to calm myself down by not sweating (haha!) 

Reporter: Now that GMP has ended, do you have any upcoming work to be presented to the viewers? 

CXX: After this, the viewers will get to see me in different characters from LCY. I hope the viewers would see a different side of me. 

Reporter: There are many GMP fans here today, what do you think... (inaudible but I think she is referring to what styling tips would he give to his fans) 

CXX: Well, I don't like to do my hair when I go out so I would recommend wearing hats. I have all sorts of baseball hats at home and hats of different styles so that its more convenient when I leave my house.. 

---

Can sense that our little boy is quite nervous here but he is already doing really well for a 23 yr old freshie :D

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

https://m.weibo.cn/3969627446/4361125015255333

Day Day Up clip! Now I know why CXX said he was really mad after filming this. He was betrayed by PXR! 

I think they are playing a game where they should catch the spy and PXR was the spy! She said she would have not been able to win if not for her "pig teammates" (can be read as "accomplice" for being too innocent and trusting), which is CXX and the other young boy. Both of them are too innocent to guess that PXR was the spy, you can see CXX's unbelievable face, hahaha! 

CXX also said later that he is closest to PXR among everyone present and maybe that's why he trusted her too much! LOL!! He is such a dork in real life, taking a game so seriously and he seems to be easily confused hahahaha! This is such a huge departure from his character LCY who is such a manipulator! 

When everyone suspected him as they spy, you can see him defending himself very hard with a strong "bu shi wo" (NOT ME). 

I haven't seen the full clip yet, only snippets of the show! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Thanks so much @nuttyz for the translation, you're the best!  R u happened to be one of the  eng-subbers for any of the cdramas sites?:) 

Wonder if he got his ear pierced or is that a 'clip-on'?

50353a80ly1g219d29docj21ub2gfx6p.jpg

Love this looks..

006Q1SqWly1g20s4u935tj31b2140dhr.jpg

Our cutie pie :wub:

bf777927ly1g1zkktjnezj20r212j4kb.jpg

Cr:Weibo

• Love 2

@jewelsc haha, nope not a subber! Just doing this to alleviate my withdrawal symptoms from GMP.

I do hope my love for him will continue long enough because I can get distracted quite easily if a new guy comes along, especially if CXX doesn't come along with any new project soon :tounge_xd:

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, nuttyz said:

@jewelsc haha, nope not a subber! Just doing this to alleviate my withdrawal symptoms from GMP.

I do hope my love for him will continue long enough because I can get distracted quite easily if a new guy comes along, especially if CXX doesn't come along with any new project soon :tounge_xd:

Lol..same,  just too many 'eye-candy' actors my list is getting ever long, i'm currently watching 3 dramas just becos of the male leads - My Poseidon for Zhang Yunlong (story for this is pretty good so far), The Legend for Xu Kai (a bit disappointed with the story) and Ever Night for Arthur Chen (2 thumbs up) but since CXX doesn't have any drama out yet that i know of i will still continue to keep a tab on him until he does.

I watched Day Day Up earlier but it wasn't as much fun as i thought, i hope Happy Camp will be much better.

• Like 2

other interviews :heart: @nuttyz :heart::heart: only if you're free,thank youuu:kiss_wink: 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4361298748336534

@nuttyz at least we have you here :heart:otherwise we'll just guessing everything he said:sweatingbullets:

but even I just understand a bit,his answer always great and fun too:heart: 

me too:lol: I keep changing bias too, I thought my prev bias is young (from YSH bcos Ruler,than D.O bcos 100 days) but CXX more younger than them:lol: for drama maybe won't that fast,since GMP just finished,but for movie I read it will release on Oct 1st this year.

@jewelsc  I want try Ever Night too, and watch Untouchable Lovers too (bcos Song weilong),Love so beautiful (bcos my friend watch it:)) aah and old drama Legend of dragon pearl (and the girl die too:lol: I think for ruler,they can't have both love and power,they must choose 1,like LCY and actually I'm glad with the ending,bcos if he choose love,how abt his people than)

His school times,he was fat boy that time,he said no girl send him love letter right?:lol: but how can he so tall right now? I'm glad he get more popular bcos his acting, not bcos looks.

766b6491gy1g23ajt8z1uj20u00huwlt

Spoiler

766b6491gy1g23ajruestj20u00cntem

45c2200aly1g23a7cqpkyj20zk0f4ag0

Sr.weibo 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Erafera1 said:

other interviews :heart: @nuttyz :heart::heart: only if you're free,thank youuu:kiss_wink: 

@nuttyz at least we have you here :heart:otherwise we'll just guessing everything he said:sweatingbullets:

but even I just understand a bit,his answer always great and fun too:heart: 

me too:lol: I keep changing bias too, I thought my prev bias is young (from YSH bcos Ruler,than D.O bcos 100 days) but CXX more younger than them:lol: for drama maybe won't that fast,since GMP just finished,but for movie I read it will release on Oct 1st this year.

@jewelsc  I want try Ever Night too, and watch Untouchable Lovers too (bcos Song weilong),Love so beautiful (bcos my friend watch it:)) aah and old drama Legend of dragon pearl (and the girl die too:lol: I think for ruler,they can't have both love and power,they must choose 1,like LCY and actually I'm glad with the ending,bcos if he choose love,how abt his people than)

His school times,he was fat boy that time,he said no girl send him love letter right?:lol: but how can he so tall right now? I'm glad he get more popular bcos his acting, not bcos looks.

766b6491gy1g23ajt8z1uj20u00huwlt

Hide contents

766b6491gy1g23ajruestj20u00cntem

45c2200aly1g23a7cqpkyj20zk0f4ag0

Sr.weibo 

:thumbsup: I am impressed how you managed to dig these out! Haha, yaya, he didn't look very appealing when he was younger haha! We have a saying in Chinese "胖子都是潜力股" (literally: Fatties are potential stocks), this is so applicable to CXX! He looked a lot darker when he was younger too (in his teen movies) , I wonder if it was just technology or he had some good skincare regime that makes him so squeeky clean now. He is so fair now I am dying with envy! 

Haha, I used to be crazy about Park Bo Gum too and felt super paedophilic about it. Now with CXX, it just gets weirder. I just comfort myself that age doesn't matter and they are all eye candies anyways! 

Sure, will translate later tonight back at home! 

• LOL 3

@nuttyz I found eveything on weibo:lol: i even dig CXX weibo  till his first post:lol: thank youu:heart:  :heart: hope it won't burdened you.

btw we talk about his upcoming drama,and i see this 

http://k.sina.com.cn/article_6312685199_17843ee8f00100g1gf.html?cre=tianyi&mod=pcpager_focus&loc=2&r=9&rfunc=29&tj=none&tr=9

http://k.sina.com.cn/article_6933640248_19d46f43800100ge1x.html?cre=tianyi&mod=pcpager_focus&loc=13&r=9&rfunc=29&tj=none&tr=9

So it's comfirmed? and i see news about youku taken down GMP , will they upload again? full version?

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2019 at 4:22 PM, pad-hari said:

@nuttyz, to your attention:kiss_wink::tounge_wink:

Translation video no:2

This video is for Instyle, does not look like photoshoot.  No idea what this is about?

For MOL time pieces, I suppose

2nd video with Instyle:

------

[Topic: Liar] 

CXX:

Don't wear such revealing clothes, "bian tai" (here referring to horny guys) will come after you. 

A friendly reminder, a woman will change as she grows older. 

Such a shame, acne, dark spots makes you less pretty. 

Are you in this picture? 

Xxxxx (couldn't catch what he is saying) 

If only you were skinnier... 

I don't like you without make up

A girl should not put on too much/heavy make up.. 

CXX: Happy April Fool! All that I said before, is a lie! If you ever hear these, just take it as April Fool's dark humour, rather than wasting time caring about how people perceive you. Why not just live and be yourself.

----

3rd video with MOL

---

A few tips about sleeping early! 

To prepare sleeping early, try doing aerobic exercises 2 hours before sleep! It will tire your body and speed up your sleepiness. 

Try not to eat before sleeping. Of course, you can drink a glass of milk. 

Listen to a soothing tune. 

Soak your feet in warm water can aid in relaxing your body and improve blood circulation.

*while he is wiping his feet* Don't record this, I'm soaking my feet! 

30 mins before, remember not to play with your mobile phones. Reading can ease your body into sleep. 

Turn off all light source and find a comfortable position to help you sleep.

Good night! 

2:00:00

GO SLEEP!! 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Erafera1 said:

@nuttyz

-----

1st video

[He got into central acting academy as the top of the class and graduated from university last year] 

[Even after becoming a lead actor in a popular drama, he still mentions attitude as key when reminiscing about his time in Uni] 

[This obviously has an impact on how he views the future] 

Reporter (R) : You entered Central Academy as the top of your class. Do you feel there are any difference before and after you entered the Central Academy? 

CXX: Yes, there is definitely a huge difference. Before I entered Uni, to me acting is just a concept and to act. However, after I entered Uni, what I learned is more about the attitude to become an actor. I need to respect my profession, respect my opponents, respecting everyone who works on the set and also respecting me acting out a performance. This is about the attitude one has. One more thing being in uni also taught me to create a character, shape it and have a concept. The concept is very important because when you understand it, it makes it easier for you to explore in the future. (Our little boy is so deep here!) 

R: Nowadays, we often here so and so is a naturally born gifted actor, do you think you fit the bill? 

CXX: I don't think so. I really don't think I am born to be gifted in acting. Of course, I believe god given talents are very important, and I won't deny that maybe I have a teenie weeinie bit of talent, but what I believe to be really important is to work hard and to really master a craft. When you master a craft to a certain extent, then you would be slightly better than your peers. 

R: When you were in Uni, did you set out a plan on what kind of actor you want to become? 

CXX: When we were in uni, or just being in that kind of environment, we would be exposed to elderly teachers who have had stage performance experience. This to me, is very beneficial because you learn a lot from these elderly teachers. In Central Academy, there was a saying that performance is bigger than the sky. So essentially, it boils down to our attitude, to how we respect our craft in performing. If you treat it with respect, then you will definitely do well on this path. 

R: GMP has become really popular. Are there any future roles that you are really anticipating? 

CXX: I have been asked about this many times! I always feel very lucky to have met a project and character that I really like. I hope I will have the chance to try new roles and characters which I have not tried before in the future, including different genres. I hope it will widen my possibilities and perspectives and allow people to see different sides of me. 

R: There are many articles on you and many regard you as "xiao xian rou" (young and good looking)... 

CXX: *excitedly* Oh you got that wrong, everyone sees me as an ahjussi! 

R: Oh no, I saw many fans also gave you a nickname "Nine Days Little Brother" 

CXX: That is because if you separate out the character "Xu", it can be written as "nine" "days" 

R: How do you position yourself? 

CXX: I've never really thought of how to position myself. As an actor, I think you have to be like a..... Dough? You will have to be molded a certain way, depending on the character you play. I take myself to be like a dough. When I play a particular character, then I need to mold myself to be a certain way. If its a different character later, then I need to shape myself differently again. 

On my normal (not acting) days, I will just be myself. In real life, I will just do what makes me happy or do things that I like. I don't really mind people putting labels on me because that means people actually likes you. I am happy about this, but I won't take a label and make it my own. I am just me. 

End. 

---

He really shows his maturity in this interview and you can sense that he is really passionate about acting and doesn't really care that much about his image as long as it portrays the character.

He actually uses a lot of deep phrases during this exchange that I struggle to find the English word equivalent sometimes. His thinking is really matured for someone who is just 23 years old. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1