[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2020] Love of Thousand Years 三千鸦杀

sugarplum892

@arcchidus me too, I hope at some point they’ll give us explanations. Definitely!! Thanks to you we understand him better. This feel like in most drama how FL misunderstood ML. Well you just give us all the reason why this ML is swoon worthy :kiss_wink: 

Spoiler

Btw you mention that in FL current life she’s supposed to have happy ending with her love one and become immortal. Perhaps ML change her fate by becoming her love on and they stay as immortal together. I hope that’s the ending :lol:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Winterfairy @maria_m2me @linh5000 @rosierosie @chamchamcham Regarding how QC's fate changed and consequences:

Changing fate isn't that clean. JW can't just insert himself in there. There's actually a lot of people that got pulled in but eventually, they do get to be together with her as an immortal and him saying: 「我來得遲了,是不是在怨我?」(aka the first line he said directly to her when they met again int he immortal world: "I am late, are you angry with me?")

The character I feel the most sorry for is QC's cousin Xuan zhu.

All she ever did was do what she could for the person she loved. Hopefully they won't ruin her character in the show (I mean they already sort of did with that weird face swap), but in the book she sacrifice her own spirit to light the lamp and that's why FL was able to not die.

@arcchidus

Spoiler

Why do I feel like the drama will end with Jui Yun walk towards her with that line, QC (FL) turn around and the drama end there :expressionless:

I thought the QC’s cousin is Xuan zhu, and Er Meng is the 2nd demon prince

honestly I hope Qin Chuan cousin, Xuan Zhu, will end up with Zuo Zi Chen or demon crown prince. She been nothing but caring for ZZC. So far I like her character. XZ and QC has some rivalry, but they don’t have deep hatred like other females character in Cdrama.

You are totally right. I got the names mixed up. I recognize the character's face and stuff but I don't pay a lot of attention to their names. (lol) Fixed it now.

I do really like the two girls in the show aren't complete antagonists. It makes it better. Women shouldn't all be driven crazy because they are love rivals. That's just bad writing.

I don't have very high expectations of this show. I am watching it mostly for JW and light hearted distractions. I just hope that the ending won't be as bad as The Legends (招搖). If it's anything better than that I would be reasonably happy.

Also, haha, @Winterfairy

If that happens we can't fault the show because that's exactly how the book ended.

@arcchidus as sloppy as the time sequence is, I’m still enjoying it. Especially JY, his character really steal the show.
Im about 70% sure that’s how they will ended this drama too.

I haven’t seen the Legends, but I heard that show took a bad turn halfway. I hope this show will keep getting better. So far it’s a good balance of humor and angst. :lol:

The Legends took such a hard turn for the worse half way through I swore off starting cdrama without seeing the ending first for a VERY long time.

So far anyway, the pacing really isn't awful. imo. And given how simple the story is, I feel like they will be able to wrap everything up in 30 episodes without major rushing. I am crossing my fingers hard that this will turn out okay.

PS JY 1000% steals the show. In fact I went back to watch all the shows the actor starred in. And JY is definitely his best (and most gentle and soft) character.

I’ll be crossing my fingers with you too, hoping this will continue the way it is and better. 

I love him since Oriental Oddessy. Something about the way he act. Although both characters are totally different personalities, but the actor himself did such a great job bring these characters to life. 

did you see the new episodes? Our FL is not playing around! 

@Winterfairy which episodes are you talking about when you said new episodes. The ones released on youtube or the ones released in China? I am slowing myself down since this show will take a while to get released with just 4 episodes a week.

I have mostly just been watching on youtube so far because I am scared of Chinese sites / forums to be honest. The comments are so overly critical, it really kills my drive to keep watching sometimes. But at least they all love JW.

1 hour ago, arcchidus said:

@Winterfairy which episodes are you talking about when you said new episodes. The ones released on youtube or the ones released in China? I am slowing myself down since this show will take a while to get released with just 4 episodes a week.

I have mostly just been watching on youtube so far because I am scared of Chinese sites / forums to be honest. The comments are so overly critical, it really kills my drive to keep watching sometimes. But at least they all love JW.

Sorry meant to say trailers. It looks like she’s ready to kill, and planing something with that dance.

yeah if people saying negative things about this drama stay away from them. It’s their loss for missing out this great drama :P

Oh yeah, it did look like she was going to kill someone/something with that dance.

I have heard there's some leaks happening right now as well. It sounds like preview of all episodes have been leaked somewhere. Some fans are worried about the impact to show popularity.

Also there's some nice screenshots of JW in this douban thread (where they are all just fangirling about JW and how gentle he is with everyone): https://www.douban.com/group/topic/169749478/

4 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Oh yeah, it did look like she was going to kill someone/something with that dance.

I have heard there's some leaks happening right now as well. It sounds like preview of all episodes have been leaked somewhere. Some fans are worried about the impact to show popularity.

Also there's some nice screenshots of JW in this douban thread (where they are all just fangirling about JW and how gentle he is with everyone): https://www.douban.com/group/topic/169749478/

They are not the only one fangirling, I’m here doing the same every time he appears on screen. :lol::lol:

Also, Xiao Bai, he’s adorable too. So clueless a lot of the time lol.

Ooh I'm in love with Fu Juiyun character at the moment! :kiss_wink:

I thought the first 8 eps was really well done. I kinda had high expectation for this series. until I watch 4 more eps today, it was okay. a little let down but still liking it..... well this is not some high budget series anyway. I can over look the flaw in writing. I gotta say the female lead is adorable and brave. but her martial arts is way too weak for a big task that she's taking. it would've been much better if they make her a bit tougher. 

im still loving it. I can over look the plots and just enjoying the main lead interaction. this series have really nice romance and im always in for the romance. :)

11 hours ago, tovsleeptov said:

Ooh I'm in love with Fu Juiyun character at the moment! :kiss_wink:

I thought the first 8 eps was really well done. I kinda had high expectation for this series. until I watch 4 more eps today, it was okay. a little let down but still liking it..... well this is not some high budget series anyway. I can over look the flaw in writing. I gotta say the female lead is adorable and brave. but her martial arts is way too weak for a big task that she's taking. it would've been much better if they make her a bit tougher. 

im still loving it. I can over look the plots and just enjoying the main lead interaction. this series have really nice romance and im always in for the romance. :)

Apparently the latest episodes are a bit better based on what I saw on Chinese boards. But like us, most people just watching for Fu Jiu Yun cause he is so cool.

BTW according to that character video shared above, he lived 8000 years. So he doesn't really think of life and death the same as normal people and that's what distinct him from the others. :D

2 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Apparently the latest episodes are a bit better based on what I saw on Chinese boards. But like us, most people just watching for Fu Jiu Yun cause he is so cool.

that's good to hear that. I can't wait for next week. im only up to ep 12. im refraining myself from watching the raw xD  

Yes. Fu Jiuyun is cool. his stares is making my heart fluttered xD. Xiao Chuan's character is adorable and watchable.  

Holy crap!!! That scene in Ep 16 was the badass Qin Chuan we saw in the trailer delivering her own brand of vengeance. @tovsleeptov just continue to watch on and you won't feel that she's weak anymore. Only FJY gets to see her vulnerable side.

Spoiler

When she drew the bow with that expression on her face... I didn't know Zhao Lusi could pull off that look of anger with such aplomb. I was like :o It's been a while since I last saw a female character who can actually execute her own plans and one-up her enemy without borrowing the help of men and being a Mary Sue about it.

The acting... the raw emotions.. oh my god. Liu Yi Tong acted out Zuo Zi Chen so well in that scene.. without even saying a single line. Wow. Just wow.

Love FJY alot, :wub:  i hope the drama has happy ending. Overall i like the storyline, too bad the drama had too many damsel in distress scenes ^_^. Well she couldn’t even take the fake lamp without the help of other in this case Ermeng had to safe her from falling stone, she’s completely useless. 

Sorry people, didn't get a chance to get to this post...Quarantine life has Made me hopeless.. I'm still scared to diving into this drama because I didn't really care the novel. hahah. I had to force myself to finish the last 10 chapters. For a short book (53Chapters),  somehow I feel like it's draggy.

Spoiler

Probably cause there's unimaginable arch to it. It's light and smooth sailing.  Also, the summary tells us that he watched her for 10 lives and he is about 3000 years old.  However, you don't find that out until the epilogue (his views) at the last 3 chapters..If I didn't read the summary, you would never know why he fell in love with her. It was random throughout the book. You only hear about his confession, but never the why.  Also,  the whole lamp thing was kinda extravagant.   It covers about 1-2 chapters of the book. 

Maybe the drama will do a better job of explaining things to the viewers.  But this is just my opinion. There wasn't much things memorable about the book.  However...if some of you guys are over 18+, there is some parts of that in the novel.  Don't know if they will portray that in the drama. highly doubt it. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, linh5000 said:

Sorry people, didn't get a chance to get to this post...Quarantine life has Made me hopeless.. I'm still scared to diving into this drama because I didn't really care the novel. hahah. I had to force myself to finish the last 10 chapters. For a short book (53Chapters),  somehow I feel like it's draggy.

Reveal hidden contents

Probably cause there's unimaginable arch to it. It's light and smooth sailing.  Also, the summary tells us that he watched her for 10 lives and he is about 3000 years old.  However, you don't find that out until the epilogue (his views) at the last 3 chapters..If I didn't read the summary, you would never know why he fell in love with her. It was random throughout the book. You only hear about his confession, but never the why.  Also,  the whole lamp thing was kinda extravagant.   It covers about 1-2 chapters of the book. 

Maybe the drama will do a better job of explaining things to the viewers.  But this is just my opinion. There wasn't much things memorable about the book.  However...if some of you guys are over 18+, there is some parts of that in the novel.  Don't know if they will portray that in the drama. highly doubt it. :ph34r:

I totally get it. The book was only okay and it was very short - 53 chapters sound like a lot but not when each chapter is only a few pages long. The plot line was a bit too simple and the writer didn't explain enough until at the very end.

But I think (at least so far) it's still worth it to watch the show for JW. He seems a lot more interesting in the show than in the book to me for various reasons.

Archived