[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2020] Love of Thousand Years 三千鸦杀

sugarplum892

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought the main lead is really good at swoony looks but the editing and script is a bit weak, especially the ending. 

But I still finished the show as Zheng Yecheng is really good. Anyone has recs for other shows with swoony ML who can give intense love lorn looks? 

@Adidaem 

When I first started watching this drama, Jiu Yun reminded me of Yin Xue (Snow) from Lie Huo Ru Ge (The Flame Daughter) - a celestial being loving, indulgent, pampering, protective of the female lead. Try that if you like the similar style.

12 hours ago, Adidaem said:

Thought the main lead is really good at swoony looks but the editing and script is a bit weak, especially the ending. 

But I still finished the show as Zheng Yecheng is really good. Anyone has recs for other shows with swoony ML who can give intense love lorn looks? 

I would recommend watching "Love better than immortality" it has the same female lead as this drama. The male lead there is even more shameless and has a very intense gaze. There isn't much to the plot tbh but if you like lots of fluff and lots of interactions between the leads and *tons of kissing scenes* this is the drama for you. 

2 hours ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

Completed this series last night
I rate it 5.5/10

The last 1.5 episodes was a draggy goodbye , timetravel+inception

It isn't clear whether the whole timeline was rewritten via time travel or she went into eternal dream state to satisfy her emotional needs

same thoughts i have!

just completed ep 30 but i cant understand the ending

she was looking at the lamp and all of a sudden it seemed like she time traveled and went to a world w/o demons (hence no bloodshed nor lamp to light)

but as a kid, she could remember her name (Chuan er) and when she grew up she could remember the Peach Blossom song then gradually forget 

quite confusing..

1 hour ago, cho said:

but as a kid, she could remember her name (Chuan er) and when she grew up she could remember the Peach Blossom song then gradually forget 

quite confusing..

we can try to recap some of the clues given

1) in the alternate timeline , a white robe old man in dream told her that her name is ChuanEr ,  she cried  because that is not her recognized name.

2) she cannot remember what happened in the original timeline , but emotions remain connected (tears)

3) no demon in the world as you mentioned , thus their kingdom did not get invaded

4) the original YanYan face did not appear in dreamworld

I guess it's a dream world inside the lantern  , her personal memory got wiped out and the lantern recreated a new dream world based on her memory data

the white robe old man (her master) , her royal family , Jiuyun ,  2nd prince Er Meng , picture book of immortals ,  XiangQu mountain , all of these are fake

she did not "reunite" with jiuyun

her tears meant that whatever happened , did happen and didn't get reversed (this theory was portrayed in USA TV series LOST)

now , offtopic , personally after my pet dog died , I had a similar experience where I met my dog again in my dream but I was able to realize it's fake (while still in dream) because all the stuff inside the dream was known data and no new stuff

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/171126872/

Another fan explanation to consider

I'll do some simple translation and summary

theory: jiuyun's leftover spirit in the lamp absorbed her in and gave her a dreamworld built from what jiuyun knows

1) "ah man" the original maid in ep1 disappeared (jiuyun never noticed this lowly maid)

2) 2nd prince Er Meng wearing the white fragrance pouch gift (jiuyun never gave him attention when he was the blue uniform janitor)

3) something about GongZiQi (masked jiuyun) painting with and without the PiPa musical instrument (I don't fully understand this clue)

4) in the original timeline , jiuyun mentioned multiple times he want to give her a carefree life without the burden of revenge

5) fan theory :  QinChuan begun the dream at ~8year old , and camera skip to 18yr old adulthood face with happy family and friends , the 10 years was the time it took for his spirit vapour to re-condense back into human shape and recuperate in the painting , also giving her a hope to continue life.

in summary , everything is still fake , but she did reunite with jiuyun's spirit inside the lantern

thank you for the explanation!

its such a sweet yet sad ending

i read the website

i was thinking, it might be JY’s dream world for her too

1) if everything had reversed, she would have felt sad and she would have kept her original looks

2) i think JY while spirit has been “smashed”, still has some form of conscious left (based on what the curly hair Mei Shan said) and therefore after resting sometime, he was able to create this world for her.. or maybe he already created it before he died? but then again, he shouldnt have.. because he didnt know XZ would sacrifice herself instead

3) i agree about the part about the paintings.. if they has gone back in time, there would be Gong Zi Qi to paint the dream like photos 

4) i think JY would have wanted to to comfort her after he is gone

any idea what is the original ending in the novel?

i read somewhere that in the novel, after they sacrificed themselves, the Gods took pity on them and let them reunite 

昨天凌晨看完的结局,当时有过许多猜测,也看过一些楼主的分析,但始终无法完全结局中的一些古怪点。

譬如若是命运回到原点,或者有关于过去的平行空间,或者重生都无法解释为何帝女始终是阿满的脸,即使是剧情需要,或者剧组为怕引起观众不适,那又怎么解释阿满变成了小翠,是翠丫的脸,还有二萌腰间的香囊。

最可疑是那张缤纷若雨图,那个世界里没有公子齐哪来图?谁画的?

所以我后来细想了想,小川消失的时候灵灯里一道光芒之后,原地空空如也,人与灯都不见了。

剧里的设定跟原著不同,灵灯虽是神物,灯芯已经烧化了,整个灯本来只是个死物,怎么女主来了就神光附体,按说灵灯化出的神仙就只有傅九云,所以我有理由相信,九云应该还没有死透,虽然形体飞灰了,但剩下神识可能还在灯内,但他也无法现形也脱离不了灵灯,不然安能作视小川每日郁郁寡欢。

所以女主变成小孩子的模样,似乎回到了原点,其实不是重生,也不是过去的平行世界,应该是九云在灵灯里为小川构造的理想世界,所以侍女会是翠丫的脸而非阿满,因为九云压根没接触过阿满,这个世界以帝女原本的命格为构架,依着九云对她生活的了解打造出来,没有妖魔,平安祥和,情敌二萌还挂着香囊,这个都是九云的认识,而为了老婆能无忧无虑,自然不能让她天天惦记过去的不幸,所以小川的记忆变得模糊,好像记得一些,但转瞬又不记得。

而且之前剧情九云确实也说过要给小川一个天下无妖的理想生活,说白了,这一切就是宠妻狂魔傅九云在灵灯里为老婆打造的一个幻境,此时的他还在聚灵,所以无法现形,只能托梦,让她别乐不思蜀,彻底忘记了他,这都是他的矛盾,既想小川开心幸福,又不想让她彻底遗忘他。

最后二萌求亲时送来香取山的画,我觉得应该是九云已经化形成功,所以通过一幅画让小川回忆起了所有事,把她引入画中的平行时空,与他相聚,我估计此时他还非常虚弱,暂时无法回到现实世界,因为在香取山一战以后,他也是在画里修养,所以我觉得这是他的权宜之计,也许日后二人还会回到现实。

sorry for the long text

saw this online

i felt it quite made sense 

6 hours ago, cho said:

any idea what is the original ending in the novel?

i read somewhere that in the novel, after they sacrificed themselves, the Gods took pity on them and let them reunite 

The ending is quite different mostly because many plot points in the show strayed from the original.

But essentially, she trained and became an immortal in the original, and eventually JW (who is not the wick in the book but just a spirit birth from the lamp) came back after the lamp was extinguished and they were reunited.

6 hours ago, cho said:

昨天凌晨看完的結局,當時有過許多猜測,也看過一些樓主的分析,但始終無法完全結局中的一些古怪點。

譬如若是命運回到原點,或者有關於過去的平行空間,或者重生都無法解釋為何帝女始終是阿滿的臉,即使是劇情需要,或者劇組為怕引起觀眾不適,那又怎麼解釋阿滿變成了小翠,是翠丫的臉,還有二萌腰間的香囊。

最可疑是那張繽紛若雨圖,那個世界裡沒有公子齊哪來圖?誰畫的?

所以我後來細想了想,小川消失的時候靈燈裡一道光芒之後,原地空空如也,人與燈都不見了。

劇裡的設定跟原著不同,靈燈雖是神物,燈芯已經燒化了,整個燈本來只是個死物,怎麼女主來了就神光附體,按說靈燈化出的神仙就只有傅九雲,所以我有理由相信,九雲應該還沒有死透,雖然形體飛灰了,但剩下神識可能還在燈內,但他也無法現形也脫離不了靈燈,不然安能作視小川每日鬱鬱寡歡。

所以女主變成小孩子的模樣,似乎回到了原點,其實不是重生,也不是過去的平行世界,應該是九雲在靈燈裡為小川構造的理想世界,所以侍女會是翠丫的臉而非阿滿,因為九雲壓根沒接觸過阿滿,這個世界以帝女原本的命格為構架,依著九雲對她生活的瞭解打造出來,沒有妖魔,平安祥和,情敵二萌還掛著香囊,這個都是九雲的認識,而為了老婆能無憂無慮,自然不能讓她天天惦記過去的不幸,所以小川的記憶變得模糊,好像記得一些,但轉瞬又不記得。

而且之前劇情九雲確實也說過要給小川一個天下無妖的理想生活,說白了,這一切就是寵妻狂魔傅九雲在靈燈裡為老婆打造的一個幻境,此時的他還在聚靈,所以無法現形,只能託夢,讓她別樂不思蜀,徹底忘記了他,這都是他的矛盾,既想小川開心幸福,又不想讓她徹底遺忘他。

最後二萌求親時送來香取山的畫,我覺得應該是九雲已經化形成功,所以通過一幅畫讓小川回憶起了所有事,把她引入畫中的平行時空,與他相聚,我估計此時他還非常虛弱,暫時無法回到現實世界,因為在香取山一戰以後,他也是在畫裡修養,所以我覺得這是他的權宜之計,也許日後二人還會回到現實。

sorry for the long text

saw this online

i felt it quite made sense 

Okay given this is in Chinese, basically this person is saying everything was a dream that JW created for her in the lamp so that she wouldn't be sad while he gathers enough energy to come back. But although he doesn't want her to be sad, he also can't stand letting her forget him completely. 

This fan theory is that he's actually recovering inside the painting, and when EM proposed with a painting, perhaps JW spirit was already kind of back, but was too weak to materialize in the real world. As such he needed the painting to let the main character remember everything and pull her into the painting, so that they can be together.

This writer said perhaps they can be together for real later once JW recovered completely.

4 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Okay given this is in Chinese, basically this person is saying everything was a dream that JW created for her in the lamp so that she wouldn't be sad while he gathers enough energy to come back. But although he doesn't want her to be sad, he also can't stand letting her forget him completely. 

This fan theory is that he's actually recovering inside the painting, and when EM proposed with a painting, perhaps JW spirit was already kind of back, but was too weak to materialize in the real world. As such he needed the painting to let the main character remember everything and pull her into the painting, so that they can be together.

This writer said perhaps they can be together for real later once JW recovered completely.

yup, i wondering if it even possible that he comes back

on 1 hand, Mei Shan (the other deity who keeps drinking), kept telling Qin Chuan to wait for JY return. but QC said if its only a matter of time, he wouldnt be drinking all the time. Seemed like MS knows JY wont be back and is devastated to lose his friend.

On the other hand, if JY died, the lamp would have finished burning and would just be an ordinary lamp 

However when QC walked towards it at the end, it glowed and allowed her “in” 

Yes, I love the chemistry between QC and JY(love his flirty yet gentle character), but the story started to lose my interest  towards the end. The bad guys were defeated quite easily and things seemed rushed. When Little Bai blocked the evil spirit’s attack and the evil spirit fell into the lava I felt like that was so fake because Little Bai is not portrayed as a strong immortal at all while the evil spirit was able to force JY’s master to sacrifice himself so the evil spirit shouldn’t have been defeated by Little Bai. QC+JY didn’t even really have to struggle to find the blue pearl either. It kind of just came to them (which is why I felt everything was rushed). And Er Meng was so strong towards the end and that just didn’t flow because he was weak from the start. How is it that JY’s immortal friend couldn’t break the spell but Er Meng could break through the spell..

I definitely watched the whole thing just to see the cute scenes between QC and JY.

The ending was so confusing. But after reading everyone’s theories and comments I also believe that she got sucked into the lamp and in there JY fabricated a life with no demons/evil just for her. He probably wanted to see her happy. But QC and the lamp BOTH disappeared... so where did they go? Or did she finally make up her mind that she does not want to live in a world without him so she entered the lamp to be with him forever. Not wanting her to enter the lamp, but seeing that she sacrificed herself and entered anyway(there’s no turning back?) maybe he sealed her in there so they could be together forever. Maybe while she was living her fabricated life he wanted to be introduced to her, but didn’t want her to remember all the pain and suffering from losing her home+parents so he had to approach her in the painting... her tears are there cause everything did happen in real life, but since she’s inside the lamp and everything is fake he doesn’t want her to ever remember what happened, but he wants her to be able to see him (so he appears in the painting). The ending is so upsetting! 

And I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I cried more when the cousin died than any of the last scenes with JY and QC 

The ending is so messed up...

https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/268728777.html?qbpn=1_2&fr=newsearchlist&word=三千鸦杀的结局&aup=1

结局:眉山君到处找药,在最后一刻把覃川救回来了,覃川在眉山居又呆了一段时间,就自己出去散心,在途中收到了眉山的信,说是九云可能回来,覃川就回去了,回去后眉山领着覃川去香取山参加宴席,宴席中眉山让覃川出去溜达溜达,覃川不自觉的走到了九云曾住的院子里,和鹦鹉说话,这时九云从身后抱住了她,说,抱歉,我来迟了。

According to the post, the book ending is that after Meishan (Jiuyun’s friend) saved Qingchuan, she stayed for a while at Meishan’s place and then went on a trip. She then received a letter from Meishan that Jiuyun was back. Meishan brought her to attend a banquet and when QC wandered off from the banquet, she went back to JY’s courtyard to chat with the parrot and then JY embraced her from behind and apologized for being late. 

===========

I so prefer the book ending!!! HE and not confusing. Read some chinese postings which convinced me to start reading the original novel and I also prefer how the novel was structured, the interactions between the couple, and the banquet scene (am now at fighting scene between the dragon king and the mountain master).

Poor Zheng Yecheng. His ML role really got cut to almost 2nd lead at times. Hopefully he gets better roles next time. And really such a bad script and editing job. Argh. 

And what connections did the 2nd female lead have to change the character from a total richard simmons to a sympathetic character? 

Shall pretend that this is the real ending... (start from 1 min 3 sec)

6 hours ago, JessieDo said:

Yes, I love the chemistry between QC and JY(love his flirty yet gentle character), but the story started to lose my interest  towards the end. The bad guys were defeated quite easily and things seemed rushed. When Little Bai blocked the evil spirit’s attack and the evil spirit fell into the lava I felt like that was so fake because Little Bai is not portrayed as a strong immortal at all while the evil spirit was able to force JY’s master to sacrifice himself so the evil spirit shouldn’t have been defeated by Little Bai. QC+JY didn’t even really have to struggle to find the blue pearl either. It kind of just came to them (which is why I felt everything was rushed). And Er Meng was so strong towards the end and that just didn’t flow because he was weak from the start. How is it that JY’s immortal friend couldn’t break the spell but Er Meng could break through the spell..

I definitely watched the whole thing just to see the cute scenes between QC and JY.

The ending was so confusing. But after reading everyone’s theories and comments I also believe that she got sucked into the lamp and in there JY fabricated a life with no demons/evil just for her. He probably wanted to see her happy. But QC and the lamp BOTH disappeared... so where did they go? Or did she finally make up her mind that she does not want to live in a world without him so she entered the lamp to be with him forever. Not wanting her to enter the lamp, but seeing that she sacrificed herself and entered anyway(there’s no turning back?) maybe he sealed her in there so they could be together forever. Maybe while she was living her fabricated life he wanted to be introduced to her, but didn’t want her to remember all the pain and suffering from losing her home+parents so he had to approach her in the painting... her tears are there cause everything did happen in real life, but since she’s inside the lamp and everything is fake he doesn’t want her to ever remember what happened, but he wants her to be able to see him (so he appears in the painting). The ending is so upsetting! 

And I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I cried more when the cousin died than any of the last scenes with JY and QC 

same here!! i felt the ending was rather rushed too!

the finding of the pearl, how little bai blocked the blow for them

and all of a sudden EM is revealed to be the one blessed with 双重命格 ie indestructible.. it was supposed to be his elder brother then all of a sudden, its him?

it was revealed that the devil king is the father of the elder brother that’s why he had  双重命格... but if its EM.. then is EM the son of the devil king?

it was quite confusing

nevertheless, i enjoyed the cheeky interactions between QC and JY!

Archived