[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2020] Love of Thousand Years 三千鸦杀

sugarplum892

On 4/14/2020 at 5:29 AM, Adidaem said:

And what connections did the 2nd female lead have to change the character from a total richard simmons to a sympathetic character?

To be fair, the 2nd female lead was very sympathetic by the end of the book. So I don't think she had to bribe anyone there for the sympathy.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/13/2020 at 11:01 AM, kongshiah said:

I would recommend watching "Love better than immortality" it has the same female lead as this drama. The male lead there is even more shameless and has a very intense gaze. There isn't much to the plot tbh but if you like lots of fluff and lots of interactions between the leads and *tons of kissing scenes* this is the drama for you. 

Wow, for right now I’m watching Love Better Than Immortality now, when I’m posting this comment... Hahahahaha... LS and the guy who played as her first love also here, but he played as a sunny playboy and one of her friends.

And I like this one because the lead male is the most evil scheming guy here, the most dangerous enemy...

On 4/14/2020 at 7:29 PM, Adidaem said:

The ending is so messed up...

https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/268728777.html?qbpn=1_2&fr=newsearchlist&word=三千鸦杀的结局&aup=1

结局:眉山君到处找药,在最后一刻把覃川救回来了,覃川在眉山居又呆了一段时间,就自己出去散心,在途中收到了眉山的信,说是九云可能回来,覃川就回去了,回去后眉山领着覃川去香取山参加宴席,宴席中眉山让覃川出去溜达溜达,覃川不自觉的走到了九云曾住的院子里,和鹦鹉说话,这时九云从身后抱住了她,说,抱歉,我来迟了。

According to the post, the book ending is that after Meishan (Jiuyun’s friend) saved Qingchuan, she stayed for a while at Meishan’s place and then went on a trip. She then received a letter from Meishan that Jiuyun was back. Meishan brought her to attend a banquet and when QC wandered off from the banquet, she went back to JY’s courtyard to chat with the parrot and then JY embraced her from behind and apologized for being late. 

===========

And what connections did the 2nd female lead have to change the character from a total richard simmons to a sympathetic character? 

Still waiting for english subs for the ending so I will wait patiently then... Later I will join to discuss more about the ending...

but from all your reaction here, maybe I also prefer the book ending...

oh yah I’m also with you... Why people have sympathy to that QC’s cousin??? I really hate that kind of girl, really hypocritical indeed... She played like a victim and weak, damn... I just dislike her character...

15 hours ago, arcchidus said:

To be fair, the 2nd female lead was very sympathetic by the end of the book. So I don't think she had to bribe anyone there for the sympathy.

Ok so far I’ve read the part where she got her maids to torture the FL for talking to ZZC in Xiang Qu Shan so super bad impression and haven’t read the redeeming parts yet. 

On 4/16/2020 at 8:22 PM, Adidaem said:

Ok so far I’ve read the part where she got her maids to torture the FL for talking to ZZC in Xiang Qu Shan so super bad impression and haven’t read the redeeming parts yet. 

I just watch episode 19 with english substitle, dunno why I still dislike that XC. She really don’t deserve to be happy. Honestly not only dislike, I really hate that kind of character.

She always has victim mental illness so she claims that she’s okay to be bad or manipulative or act like the good person for her love but bad to others.

I really want her to get bad ending ever because of that mindset. She blamed all her bad situation because of QC, she felt not worthy because she thought she’s not like QC. That kind of mindset really not good to your healthy.

Better like that crown prince who is clear about himself being bad.

But for someone who acts weak and unworthy, but actually always blame others for her unhappiness, that’s wrong.

Sorry I just don’t like that kind of female character, not only in this drama but in some novels and dramas, I hate that kind of character

On 4/16/2020 at 6:12 AM, arcchidus said:

I finished the book. Still not liking 2FL character but ok she’s consistent. 

Do like the book and the sequencing and flow much better than the drama. Plus I like how she regained her original face in the book.

Some thoughts on the drama vs book:

Pro

- Theme song! Really love the song 

- Zheng Ye Cheng 郑业成 as Fu Jiu Yun 傅九云 - he can act 

Jiang Yi Yi 蒋依依 in the initial episode as the princess
- Natural scenery used during filming 

Mixed

- Zhao Lu Si 赵露思 as Qin Chuan - she can act and she can cry nicely which is great as I can’t watch wooden leads, but after reading the original story I can’t help but wonder if the drama script was revised so drastically vs the story as her image suits the maid better than the princess or the script was already like that and the production team then found an actress that suits the role. Overall I do like her but the image thing gets to me. 

Con

- Super revised vs original story, which I liked better. E.g how he fell for her after 10 lifetimes didn’t come through. Or how much stronger the FL was in the book vs drama. 

- Some of the supporting actors didn’t seem to suit the character? Eg the mountain master, the two princes (the older one looks younger)

- Funny face swap for Qing Qing 
- The ending. And when JY was “dying” the scene was so unemotional? The second leads had so much crying and then JY just left like that? In the book at least there was quite a bit of emo part when JY left, and QC danced for him again etc. 

Overall makes me thankful that Eternal Love and ELOD were adapted so much better/closer to the books and a bit sad that the drama had so much potential and the leads were not properly utilized... 

If you haven’t watched the show, I still think it’s a very watchable show as the ML and FL can act. 

3 hours ago, Adidaem said:

I finished the book. Still not liking 2FL character but ok she’s consistent. 

Do like the book and the sequencing and flow much better than the drama. Plus I like how she regained her original face in the book.

Some thoughts on the drama vs book:

Pro

- Theme song! Really love the song 

- Zheng Ye Cheng 郑业成 as Fu Jiu Yun 傅九云 - he can act 

Jiang Yi Yi 蒋依依 in the initial episode as the princess
- Natural scenery used during filming 

Mixed

- Zhao Lu Si 赵露思 as Qin Chuan - she can act and she can cry nicely which is great as I can’t watch wooden leads, but after reading the original story I can’t help but wonder if the drama script was revised so drastically vs the story as her image suits the maid better than the princess or the script was already like that and the production team then found an actress that suits the role. Overall I do like her but the image thing gets to me. 

Con

- Super revised vs original story, which I liked better. E.g how he fell for her after 10 lifetimes didn’t come through. Or how much stronger the FL was in the book vs drama. 

- Some of the supporting actors didn’t seem to suit the character? Eg the mountain master, the two princes (the older one looks younger)

- Funny face swap for Qing Qing 
- The ending. And when JY was “dying” the scene was so unemotional? The second leads had so much crying and then JY just left like that? In the book at least there was quite a bit of emo part when JY left, and QC danced for him again etc. 

Overall makes me thankful that Eternal Love and ELOD were adapted so much better/closer to the books and a bit sad that the drama had so much potential and the leads were not properly utilized... 

If you haven’t watched the show, I still think it’s a very watchable show as the ML and FL can act. 

same thoughts

i really like the actor portraying JY

the cheekiness yet love for FL was so well portrayed 

i like Zhao Lusi acting in this as well as other dramas but she doesnt quite have the princess feel in this show

the ending is rather rushed with many parts not explained though

overall still a great show if you disregard the plot

• 2 weeks later...

Reread the book epilogue and had a sudden urge to translate. First time and it takes longer than expected... anyway the epilogue has 3 parts and this is half of the 1st part. 

Novel Epilogue translation

- Fu Jiuyun part 1.1

Spoiler

On the day that Gongziqi died, Meishanjun did not have a drinking buddy and was so bored that he felt like he was getting moldy at home.

Coincidentally his little crow that was nicknamed to have a ‘third eye’, and was always outside observing matters flew back to drink some water. The shocking news the crow brought back immediately killed off most of Meishanjun’s decadent alcoholic cravings. 

How can someone just die like that. After all he’s half an immortal, and can easily live for a few hundred years before reincarnating. Moreover... moreover Meishanjun has never met any immortal that loved life the way Gongziqi did, someone who enjoyed every pleasure that life offered, and maximized fun in every way. 

How could someone like that bear to die? 

Meishanjun couldn’t remain calm. He quickly changed and got on his bullock cart to look for his friend’s remains. 

When Gongziqi was alive, he was extravagant and showy and spent money like water to enjoy the best of everything. But when he died, he hid in a deserted valley. He went so quietly that he didn't even prepare a grave for himself. 

Meishan Jun remembered his intimate relationship with his decades-old wine buddy. He felt a moment of sorrow, and was determined to find an auspicious burial site for Gongziqi.

But when he hurried to the valley, there was no body, and only one piece of clothing was left on the bluestone table, which gradually turned into ashes and was blown away by the wind.

Meishan Jun was stunned and went round the mountain a few times, but did not even find a strand of hair. He glared at the little crow doubtfully and asked, "Are you sure he is really dead? Even if he is half an immortal, he will have to leave a body behind. I have never heard of one turning to ash and disappearing”.

Little Crow's professional ability was suspected, and it flew away with tears. Meishan Jun looked around the mountain a few more times, and found nothing. He could only drive back in his bullock cart. In the future, he would often mourn and ponder over his wine glass but still couldn't understand what had happened.

Most people in the world think that Meishanjun knows everything, but there are always things in the world that even he can't figure out.

A long time ago, he met Gongziqi. Although he is just a half immortal, his appearance and talent is clearly superior to others. While he deliberately did not demonstrate his strength, Meishan Jun can see at a glance that Gongziqi is amongst  the best in the world. It's not that they didn’t secretly investigate. Once, he had even stolen the Golden Snake family's Heavenly Books to check. But even after poring over the Heavenly Books, Gongziqi’s origins remained a mystery.  Gongziqi is indeed the most mysterious and strangest person he has ever met.

Meishanjun wanted to ask in person, but he forgot every time he started drinking. After a long time, Meishanjun felt that this person shared his temperament, and decided to get rid of his secret thoughts. Why not treat it as if Gongziqi simply  jumped out of a rock? 

So Meishan Jun really couldn't figure out how such a person could die. For a long time, he shut his doors and refused to see any guests. He tried to recall Gongziqi’s appearance and what he said the last few times they met. Even after getting a headache from all the thinking, he still couldn’t recall any suspicious points. In the end, he could only sprinkle some wine to the moon for his deceased friend with a long sigh.

With a blink of an eye, over ten years passed. For immortals, ten years is like the time it takes to make a cup of tea.

On that day, Meishan Jun suddenly felt melancholic for no reason and dearly missed having a drinking buddy. Just as he was holding a wine cup and sighing, the gatekeeper spirit came in with an odd expression and reported “Master, there is a youth outside with a delivery of fine wine. He claims to be an old friend of yours".

Meishan Jun was sure that he didn’t know any young man who was an old friend, and curiously went out to understand the situation.

The lilac flowers outside the door were booming beautifully. A small carriage had stopped by the bridge and a young man stood by the carriage. He was slender, with lustrous long hair, and wore a long white robe embroidered with black edges. He was admiring the saffron flowers near the wooden bridge with his hands behind his back.

Hearing the footsteps, the youth slowly turned around. Meishan Jun was so stunned that he was temporarily rendered speechless.

The youth’s appearance and manner clearly resembles Gongziqi who has been dead for over ten years! But he is still young, and carries a trace of youthful tenderness on his cheeks. However, how can a youth have such cold and sophisticated eyes?

When the youth saw that Meishanjun was in a daze, he smiled lightly, and said with a low voice "Meishan, I brought over some jars of "Drunken Dreams". It wasn’t easy to get them from the fox family in the west, so we can’t waste them."

Meishan Jun opened his mouth in shock, and shakily pointed at him. After gurgling and spluttering, he finally spat out "... Gongziqi?!”

The youth frowned slightly, then smiled again: "Call me Fu Jiuyun. In this life the parents treated me very well, and I can't bear to discard my name. I couldn’t bear to leave them until they were buried, otherwise I would have visited you a few years earlier."

- Fu Jiuyun part 1.2

Spoiler

It wasn't until most of the ”Drunken Dreams" were gone that Meishan Jun had some understanding of his situation. 

The ancient gods and demons had a great war, and evil ghouls and spirits wrecked havoc in the mortal world, killing endless mortals. Yin Mountain had a divine dragon, that created a soul lamp. At the cost of rebirth and endless suffering, four mortal souls were recruited to activate the supreme power of the soul lamp and peace finally returned to the mortal world. 

Thousands of years later, the soul lamp was finally extinguished, and disappeared into mortal world. The gods were no longer around to claim the soul lamp and eventually a lamp spirit was born from the soul lamp. At first, the spirit was invisible and ignorant. He only wandered around the soul lamp daily, and mostly slept. After thousands of years, it finally developed his own consciousness and intelligence, and can longer continue to stay in the world. From then on, he started an endless journey of reincarnation.

After a mortal’s death, the soul will cross the underworld bridge. Before reincarnation, it is necessary to drink the water of forgetfulness to remove all previous causality and matters from the past life. However, he did not have the qualification to drink the water of forgetfulness, and could only bring along memories of his past life into reincarnation again and again, which caused unbearable pain and misery.

After dozens of reincarnations, even a person made of stone will also feel worn out. And so he began to cultivate immortality. Once he becomes an immortal, he will no longer die be tortured by reincarnation.

"It's just that I have cultivated for so long, and still feel very empty." Fu Jiuyun drank four or five jars of ”Drunken Dreams", and yet didn’t seem to be drunk. Meishan Jun could only run out with a green face and vomit before coming back to drink. He secretly gritted his teeth at Fu Jiuyun’s robust physique. 

"I think you're living a happy life." Indulging in women and having a good time every day.

Fu Jiuyun smiled, but there was some melancholy in his eyes: "If you are like me, there is no difference being dead or alive. You can’t see an end and life is empty."

Meishan Jun was silent.

The lifespan of immortals is also extremely long, but no matter how long the lifespan it will one day end. Entering the underworld after death and drinking the water forgetfulness will lead to a brand new and unknown beginning. Life is fresh and mysterious because the unknown is interesting. If life is like Fu Jiuyun’s, it is indeed not very interesting, or even boring, but a torture.

"Shall I find some time to light up the soul lamp and let you rest for a while?" Meishan Jun squinted drunkenly and offered his enthusiastic help.

"It is a great sin for immortals to take mortal souls, not to mention that the world is peaceful now. Spirits and mortals are living peacefully so why disrupt the peace and make the world suffer due to the suffering of one person?"

Meishan Jun could only maintain his silence.

After enough wine and food, Fu Jiuyun drove away in a little carriage, and even consoled Meishanjun before he left: "I have my own pleasures, so you don't have to think about it."

He indeed had places for fun and extravagance. Within a few years, Fu Jiuyun was known all over the southern countries. This person is musically talented, good with the fairer sex, and managed to stir many young ladies' romantic hearts, and separated many couples who had different dreams in the same bed. Men would  grit their teeth upon hearing his name, while women would blush and fantasise.

The romantic tactics accumulated over thousands of years made him unstoppable, driving women crazy with desire.

Meishan Jun thought that he would continue to live like this, but one day Fu Jiuyun suddenly came to the door, but this time instead of delivering wine, he seemed confused and said, "There is a girl ... somewhat pitiful, help me to check her fate."

Meishan Jun was very puzzled, and he followed Fu Jiuyun in his bullock cart to a battlefield. The battle was fierce, with smoke and blood everywhere. He couldn't help frowning and covering his nose, and asked somewhat helplessly, "What is this for? Why are we here?"

Fu Jiuyun did not speak, but pointed to the southern edge. There were a few broken old chariots, and seven or eight bodies on the ground. One chariot was carrying a large drum. Only a delicate looking young girl that was covered with blood is persistently struggling to beat the drum to encourage the troops. She has almost became a blood person, and blood continued seeping through the thin armor. However, the drum beats and shouts became stronger and stronger, as if it will never let up until death.

"I have been staying in Zhouyue country and earning some money by making figurines. This woman is the Zhouyue third princess, and I... happened to know her. Now Zhouyue is invaded by the barbarians, and almost destroyed. Can you help me to check her fate, can she live on? "

Meishan Jun was taken aback: "Are you planning to save her? No way! This woman has much darkness between her brows, and will die soon. To save her is to go against Heaven's Will and you will surely be punished!"

Fu Jiuyun's eyebrows tightened, and he kept quiet. He watched the last drop of blood drain from Third Princess’ body, until her soul was separated from the body, and went to the underworld.

Seeing his gloomy look, Meishan Jun started to understand: "Jiuyun, do you like her?"

Fu Jiuyun seemed to suddenly wake up. He hesitated and then shook his head: "It's not... just a pity..."

He had made a small figurine of a woman by the city moat that day, and the Third Princess came disguised as a man. She was very charming when she smiled, looked very naive, and was really a cute young lady. She wasn’t on a night escapade, but asked him very seriously while holding one of his paintings: "Why is your name Fu Jiuyun, but the seal on the painting is Gongziqi?"

This is the first time someone asked this question, and Fu Jiuyun couldn't help laughing: "There was a renowned painter named Shengping Jiazi in ancient times, why did does he also have name called Jiang Hui?"

The Third Princess realized that it was such a simple question, but she actually ran out to ask, was rather embarrassed.

That day, her face was even redder than a sunset. Fu Jiuyun felt that even the sunset glow couldn’t compare.

But the beauty had passed away right in front of him.

Fu Jiuyun spent a long time in Meishan Abode, and just drank wine every day. Meishan Jun is not familiar with this situation. Since he said that he did not like the Third Princess, so he must be unhappy because he saw a woman dying in front of him. So Meishanjun tried to console him from time to time.

Later, Fu Jiuyun only asked: "Can she be reincarnated? Where is her reincarnation now?"

Meishan had a little crow with a third eye to peer into the mortal world, and soon obtained the exact information: "Now reborn in the Western Qiguang Kingdom and still a woman. However, her life is not good, will die of illness by seventeen.

And so Fu Jiuyun left for another hundred years. He secretly observed her frail and sick body, and occasionally wanting to help. But recalling that this will go against Heaven’s Will, he had to suppress the urge.

It is unknown what this girl had done, and she was reborn several times. But each time she was sick or poor, or abused by the husband, and always died young.

He felt that he wanted to see she being happy in one lifetime, where she can die while smiling. This way, his heart will finally be at ease.

But her life was just so miserable that when she finally married a good husband in this life, she was killed by a bandit on the way back to her family. When Meishan Jun hurried over, he saw Fu Jiuyun sitting in the carriage in the clouds, looking on helplessly and with melancholy as she died.

"You can’t look at others like this all day." Meishan Jun said helplessly. "What's wrong with you? Is life so boring that all you can do is to observe reincarnation of others?"

Fu Jiuyun thought for a while: "If I rescued her, what kind of punishment do you think Heaven will give?"

Meishan Jun shook his head: "Who dares to tamper with fate? Don't mess around. There is no time for regret if you end up destroying your soul! This child has suffered for ten consecutive lifetimes and will surely be extremely fortunate in the next one. Just leave her alone. "

Fu Jiuyun nodded silently: "... you are right, I've been confused recently."

Sure enough, he stopped observing the mortal reincarnation. He just drank and drew every day, but it was unknown what he was thinking. Later, he felt that the mortal music realm was too mediocre and wanted to compose a masterpiece for the ages. And that life was too boring so he went to Xiangqu Mountain and recognised a demon turned immortal as a teacher. He guarded the Soul Lamp, and messed around with various female disciples and seemed to live a life of leisure.

Meishan Jun drank with him a few times, and recalling that he was once obsessed with the girl, and briefly mentioned: "She is now born in the Eastern Great Yan Kingdom, as the only Imperial Princess. This life should be excellent."

He did not foresee that this sentence caused many disasters.

I felt that of the three parts, the first part is the best bit and provides the backstory of why Fu Jiuyun behaved the way he did subsequently. In the drama it was shortened/summarised into a picture that FJY had been obsessing over for a thousand years but 10 lifetimes is much more heart wrenching isn’t it? 

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2020] The Killing of Three Thousands Crows 三千鸦杀
On 5/2/2020 at 3:06 AM, Winterfairy said:

@Adidaem thank you for translating FJY epilogue. By far he is the best ML, but too bad that the drama wasn’t able to portrait it. 

Yeah. After reading the novel, I feel like the crew really squandered an opportunity for a heart rending and memorable drama. There were some novel parts that shouldn’t have been omitted.

Anyway the remaining parts of the epilogue explained how FJY went to look for the princess, fell in love with her, but decided to leave Great Yan Kingdom when he realized that she was in love with ZZC. And then how devastated FJY was when he found out too late that Great Yan Kingdom was destroyed and that the princess is missing. FJY was full of regrets and he made a vow to pamper and love her if he finds her again, whether in this life or her future one. So that explains (sorta) why FJY behaved the way he did at the beginning of the novel when he teased QC, and why he refused to abandon her and indulged her so much. Something that the drama/script did not manage to bring across and instead in the initial episodes was just quite baffling why he behaved like a sleazebag/a-hole. 

@Adidaem The QY FYJ behave at the beginning, I thought it’s just his nature, while testing to see her motive as well. The drama do right with the casting, and production set! There few things I thought it did great is Xiao Bai and the cousin character. Also I love the ending even as confusing as it is. FJY is the only male lead still makes the FL happy even when he’s gone. He genuinely care for her happiness from beginning to end.

A lot of ML do this “I’m leaving you for your own good, and breaking the girl’s heart” but not FJY. He find ways to make QC happy no matter what. I wish there’s an extra episode, or a do over, or since the book shared the same universe as other book they could cameo to tide thing off better.

5 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

@Adidaem The QY FYJ behave at the beginning, I thought it’s just his nature, while testing to see her motive as well. The drama do right with the casting, and production set! There few things I thought it did great is Xiao Bai and the cousin character. Also I love the ending even as confusing as it is. FJY is the only male lead still makes the FL happy even when he’s gone. He genuinely care for her happiness from beginning to end.

A lot of ML do this “I’m leaving you for your own good, and breaking the girl’s heart” but not FJY. He find ways to make QC happy no matter what. I wish there’s an extra episode, or a do over, or since the book shared the same universe as other book they could cameo to tide thing off better.

Agree re: sets/ locations...

Casting I think hits (FJY and Xiaobai) and misses... I do wish that Zhao Lusi looked like this in the show (stills from her latest show) instead of her more “prosperous” self... Then maybe they could have followed the novel more closely where QC got her old face back after Xiangqu mountain. 

0081hErfly1gc9m6louxyj33pc2d5u0x.jpg?w=8

0081hErfly1g9tq8lhuqfj30u01a01kz.jpg?w=8

The make up a bit errr here but here’s one of her in a red dress:

0081hErfly1gc9m6l22vuj32ui1qgkjl.jpg?w=8

As for ending... I still prefer the unambiguous HE ending from the novel... I read that the director was asked about the ending and he responded that they got their HE via a painting... maybe I will translate the novel ending when I feel inspired again. 

Anyway overall am glad to have watched this show and discover another ML that can really act/emote, even if there was a bit too much blood puking for me. :P Going to keep an eye out for YZC’s next period drama 

The last part of the ending from the novel...

=============================

Novel translation - ending: 

Spoiler

Past the water area and four exquisite palaces is the courtyard where Fu Jiuyun once lived. 

Qingchuan stood at the front door for a long time. Like most of the buildings in Xiangqu mountain, the door isn’t locked. When she opened the door and saw the familiar building, she couldn’t help smiling when she recalled all the beautiful memories when she stayed there. 

Small fishes are still swimming in the pond in the backyard. At this place, she once deliberately destroyed Fu Jiuyun's clothes while washing them, and then hung them all over the backyard, turning him green in anger. There are rooms on both sides of the corridor, and she once used cleaning as an excuse to smash the vases displayed on the cabinet. 

The bed board in the bedroom can still be pulled out. When she was his personal maid, she often pulled out the bed board to sleep. She often endured his sudden troublemaking in the middle of the night, such as boiling water and making tea, adding incense and finding more blankets, and other nonsense.

The mynah was still under the window, and as soon as it saw her, it started yelling: "Bad person! Liar! Liar!" 

Qin Chuan grabbed a handful of millet and shooked them temptingly in front of it: "Hey, let me hear you call me a good girl and I’ll let you eat, otherwise you will starve to death! Who is a liar?" 

Suddenly there was a familiar chuckle behind her. Her wrist shook, and all the millet scattered on the table. Before she could turn around, someone tightly hugged her from behind, and breathed warmly above her ear. 

His voice is mellow and soft, so familiar, and so calm: "Are you upset that I'm late?" 

Just like the first day they met in Xiangqu mountain. He didn’t seem to care and carried a hint of a smile. 

But she is already infatuated.

@Adidaem thanx a lot for the translation.

Anyway so we can assume it’s happy end with FJY pulled QC into the lamp so he can be together with her, while he cultivated himself again until he can go outside the lamp.  Since previously he had told QC that he will still accompany QC in the lamp if she according to plan, sacrificed herself to the lamp. 

It’s better that she still alive when enter the lamp rather than enter the lamp like the cousin by sacrificing herself, so there is still hope for them to be together again.

- Fu Jiuyun part 2.1

Spoiler

Fu Jiuyun once devoted all his energy to compose half of the Eastern Wind Peach Blossom song. He was unbearably proud and took it to show off to everyone, even searching for dancers all over the world, but no one could dance to the song the way he wanted. He could only sigh and said to Meishan Jun: "There is no confidant in this life. No one in the world can understand my music even after three thousand years."

Meishan Jun knew nothing about music, and had no interest at all, but seeing that his old friend has recently been enjoying life and stopped carrying a vacant and bored look, he was also happy for Fu Jiuyun, so he joked: "Don’t you know how to paint? Draw the ideal woman in your heart on the paper and use magic to get her to show you the dance. It's so easy. "

Meishan Jun just casually mentioned it, but Fu Jiuyun actually created the painting. After thinking hard for three days, he came up with an immortal method so that painting showed an illusion of the people painted, as if they were right in front of your eyes.

When Meishan Jun saw the painting, and he nodded repeatedly: "Not bad. Are these the dancers you have met before? They are indeed incomparably beautiful."

Fu Jiuyun smiled slightly: "Although it's a song for a group dance, you still need a lead dancer. It's just that I still can't figure out who the lead dancer should be. I’ll leave it for now."

Somehow Meishan Jun thought of the girl who suffered through ten lifetimes, so he brought it up to Fu Jiuyun. Fu Jiuyun had to think about it for a while before he recalled who Meishan Jun was talking about. It can be seen that Fu Jiuyun has been living well recently. Hearing that her current life was great, he had some interest: "Oh? If that's the case, I will go and have a look."

At this time, he was already a disciple of the Xiangqu Mountain Lord, and it was not convenient to use his real name. So he put on a mask and had a blast in the Great Yan Kingdom while using his old name Gongziqi.

After more than 100 years, the secret techniques of the imperial dynasty have gradually become more and more complicated, and Meishan Jun’s elder disciple brother have also stayed in the palace to teach the white paper immortal technique to the imperial family. With him around, Fu Jiuyun was a little embarrassed to break the magical wards to go into the palace. So just like before, he created figurines by the river, painted landscapes, or sketched flowers and birds. He purposely used immortal methods so as to draw attention and lure the Imperial Princess out of the palace so that he can see how is she.

But the Imperial Princess is still young, and the Great Yan imperial family is stricter and more solemn, unlike the casual indulgence of Southern Zhou Yue Kingdom. So even after staying by the Huaidai river bank for half a year, he did not manage to meet the Imperial Princess, but he did meet the mischievous Second Prince.

At that time, Fu Jiuyun was drawing a branch of red plum. He wanted to show off so he drew with great flair. When the last of the red paint was done, he picked up the wine jug and took a drink, then sprayed the liquor on the drawing paper. Amidst cries of astonishment and exclamation, gentle white snow started falling and a gently trembling branch of red plum seemed to bloom in front of everyone, like fire in the snow.

The Second Prince's eyes almost popped out, and he pestered Fu Jiuyun for the next three to four days. On the last day, he even chased the carriage and running along, shouted at the window: "Five hundred taels? One thousand taels? Two thousand taels? Sir please give the price! I sincerely ask for the painting! "

Fu Jiuyun lifted the curtains and smiled slightly: "Gentleman, I have never sold my paintings. It is useless even if you offer ten thousand taels."

The Second Prince had no choice but to change his tune: "Sir please stop and allow me to look a bit longer at this immortal painting. I have not seen enough of it."

The carriage stopped, and Fu Jiuyun got out of the car and went to the tavern with the second prince. The Second Prince was soon so drunk and dizzy, he probably couldn’t even remember his last name. He started chattering: “Sir, let me borrow the painting for a few days ... I, I will definitely return it to you in a few days ... If you don’t believe me, just go to the palace to find me when the time is up... "

Fu Jiuyun thought for a moment and nodded with a sigh, "It's hard to find a confidant. If you love my paintings so much, how can I not agree?"

Although the Second Prince is slightly immature, his temperament suited Fu Jiuyun. Fu Jiuyun handed over the red plum and Eastern Wind Peach Blossom Song paintings to him and said with some emotion: "This is the Eastern Wind Peach Blossom Song. Although I have only created half the song, but I feel regret that no one in the world can dance to this song."

The Second Prince's eyes lit up: "I have a little sister who is good at singing and dancing since birth. Why don't you let her try?"

Fu Jiuyun didn't believe that the girl with ten lifetimes of poor fate had any talent in dancing. The so-called elegant singing and dancing should be just the flattery words of others for a pampered imperial princess who grew up in the palace. 

He just smiled and did not answer.

The Second Prince was gone for a few days. When came back, he indeed returned the paintings. He also brought Fu Jiuyun a message from the Imperial Princess: "Please finish the Eastern Wind Peach Blossom Song. If you can finish it, I can dance it. "

So arrogant, and so confident.

7 hours ago, omiki said:

The drama makes so much more sense now that I have read the epilogue. Thank you @Adidaem They should have included those scenes of conversation with Meishan about the painting and the song. 

Yeah I’m actually really glad I read the book after I watched the drama else I would have been so disappointed apart from YZC’s portrayal of FJY and the theme song. 

The first part of the epilogue explained his 10 lifetimes of obsession, the second part explained why he felt she is his soulmate (part 2.2 will have the part - so yes @omiki I really think they should have included this instead of making FJY look irritated with the song change), and the third part explained how he once gave her up and lost her, and thereafter vowed never to give her up again. 

The script really really failed to portray this which is such a huge waste imo. Especially since I think YZC could have acted it well and give the drama more angst (I’m sadistic lol). And it’s not that there wasn’t enough time as the drama was padded full of side stories about Xiangqu mountain and the second and third leads that were non-existent in the novel. 

Anyway if anyone else enjoyed the translations let me know k? Gives me a bit more encouragement to get through the translation haha. 3 more parts! 

4 hours ago, Adidaem said:

Yeah I’m actually really glad I read the book after I watched the drama else I would have been so disappointed apart from YZC’s portrayal of FJY and the theme song. 

The first part of the epilogue explained his 10 lifetimes of obsession, the second part explained why he felt she is his soulmate (part 2.2 will have the part - so yes @omiki I really think they should have included this instead of making FJY look irritated with the song change), and the third part explained how he once gave her up and lost her, and thereafter vowed never to give her up again. 

The script really really failed to portray this which is such a huge waste imo. Especially since I think YZC could have acted it well and give the drama more angst (sadistic lol). And it’s not that there wasn’t enough time as the drama was padded full of side stories about Xiangqu mountain and the second and third leads that were non-existent in the novel. 

Anyway if anyone else enjoyed the translations let me know k? Gives me a bit more encouragement to get through the translation haha. 3 more parts! 

I definitely enjoy your translations, i especially curious the novel side regarding the underwater giant clam scene :D 

Archived