[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2020] Love of Thousand Years 三千鸦杀

sugarplum892

EP 13----So far it was good, although nothing major happened. More interactions between the OTP. Love it when they talked to each other a lot in this episode. 

EP 14----I think this was the episode Jiu Yun confessed that he's 

Spoiler

in love with FL, and he finally kiss her towards the end of the episode ^^.....Although the kiss looks kind of funny, perhaps the male actor is new to kissing, because when he goes into kissing her mouth----The actress looks like she was laughing, that looks like she's smiling/laughing for real. 

Perhaps the director didn't catch it, and decided to just go with it?????

Hopefully next four episodes will give us something more interesting to see!!^^

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, this show is not bad. I really hope they show some of the past lives and explain why JW loves the girl so much in the show.

Note: I read the epilogue chapters, so I know exactly why he loves her but I want that to be explained in the show. Show should be able to stand on its own.

9 hours ago, arcchidus said:

So far, this show is not bad. I really hope they show some of the past lives and explain why JW loves the girl so much in the show.

Note: I read the epilogue chapters, so I know exactly why he loves her but I want that to be explained in the show. Show should be able to stand on its own.

I was wondering that too. I want to see why he loves her before, and why he waited for her 1,000 years?? I hope the show explains it.

Edit: I know he waited for her because he obviously loves her. Hope they explained how he met her before???

8 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Please share the spoiler with me. I’m dying to know! :-)

8 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Please share spoilers with me too. :lol:

On 3/29/2020 at 1:59 AM, linh5000 said:

I just finished the novel. I'm debating if I should dive into the drama. From the glimpses I got, it seems to be a bit different from the original story line. Can anybody verify?

Maybe you spoiled me about the story and ending based on Novel please...

Oh god you girls. :sweatingbullets: Fine. Like linh5000 said there's some differences between novel and show, so I can't guarantee what I put down here will happen cause it depends on how much they decide to change.

Spoilers below. Read at your own discretion.

So... JW is the spirit birth from the sacred lamp in the book. He became intelligent and started living lives as a human, but he retains all his memories in each life. By the 10th life, he can't stand dying so often so he became enlightened and became an immortal so he can live a long life. But even immortals have life spans and at the end of their life, they get to start over again from scratch with no memory, and that gives them a certain thing to live for. Not JW. JW is a spirit of an inanimate object, so he is not a living being and can't drink from spring of forgetfulness. In other words, even if he lives different lives, they are really just all one life to him, since he can never really just start over. He doesn't have anything to live for and he is very bored and that's why he become a playboy musician in the human world and drink his life away. Eventually after doing this for a while, he found the third princess of this dying kingdom (this is the girl in red dress). She was the first person who asked about his real name, and this caught his attention. When her life took a bad turn he went back to his friend to ask about her life. It turned out to be a bad one. Friend told him not to interfere because there's big punishment for those who interfere with human lives.

He followed her around through multiple incarnations but for whatever reasons, she kept getting horrible lives. He kept watching her for reasons he does not know himself. He wanted to help her a few times but stopped himself because it's against the rules. She never got to be happy, and he found himself just wanting her to be happy for once. Finally after ten lives, his friend told him the girl will finally have a great fate.

In this incarnation she is the princess, and this is the incarnation we see in the beginning of the show. Out of curiosity, JW went and visited her, and ended up setting a bet with her on the dance. He didn't want to interfere with her good fate, but he found himself unable to stay away (aka he fell in love in the process of watching her ten lives and is only now slowly realizing it). He found himself wanting to write himself into her fate (he wasn't supposed be part of her life).

But upon finding that in this incarnation, she was fated to have great loving parents, marry someone who loves her (her cousin), and then those two will go learn and be enlightened and become gods, he decided to stay away after giving her a painting.

Unfortunately, her fate was already messed up because:
1) The bad guy went an started a demon army which basically pushed the invasion up by 10 years
2) The JW made a bet with her on the dance, which ended up with him giving her a painting. The painting in the book was stolen and that was what was used by the bad guys as funds to wage the invasion

(Note: In the show, this painting was the reason why she was at her uncle's house and got in that situation where she was about to be slaughtered. Which kind of create a plot hole because she would have died regardless of the painting there, so the painting really didn't change her fate, put I supposed that can be argued, because maybe had she not gotten that painting, she would have been somewhere else where she would have been saved, who knows.)

Anyway because of his part if messing up her fate and the fact he is completely in love with her, JW decided to interfere if he finds her again. What was there to lose? If he interferes and gets punished, it would be his punishment. Even if this relationship was ill fated from the beginning, he was the one who decided to find her and make her life better, so the punishment will fall on him alone. He will do what he doesn't want to do, give her what he can't give, as long as it means he can smile again and live a happy life, it is all fine. 

Note: in the book, there's a happy ending.

On 3/31/2020 at 1:00 AM, Winterfairy said:

I gotta say episode 10 got some plot twist I didn’t expect! Er Meng really surprised me. 

Yups... and honestly I really want Er Meng fell in love completely with QC...

20 hours ago, Maria8388 said:

Maybe you spoiled me about the story and ending based on Novel please...

Yeah need the spoiler too...

Please @arcchidus can you share the happy ending please... spoiler us please...

seems 1st prince of demon tribe fell for the jealous princess... sorry i dunno her name, I just don’t like her

@arcchidus omg thank you for that spoiler!!! The book makes so much more sense!!! Hopefully they will put it in the show. Right now it seem like the show is following FL perspective so the writer didn’t give the audience this explanation yet. I hope they will, because this just make us fall for ML even more and understand why he does what he does.

@angelangie this poster reminds me of Love and Destiny, or Ten Miles is Peach Blossom. lol

@maria_m2me I think he will totally fall for her, but at the same time I feel like he won’t sacrifice his goal for her though.

@maria_m2me What about the ending do you want to know? It's hard to know?  There's only certain ways to do a happy ending with this set up.

@Winterfairy To be fair, the JW pov that explains all doesn't happen until the end. The author didn't want people to know his reasons right away even in the novel because it keeps him cool and mysterious. So as long as JW goes into why in the show at some point, I will be happy.

But I do find his character better upon understanding him better. It explains a lot about his personality. (ha)

Archived