[Drama 2019] The Wind Blows, 바람이 분다

0ly40

I don't know what to feel. As for his sickness i feel sad and very sorry for him. As for his marriage i don't understand his decision. I know he  doesn't want to be a burden to SuJin, is that the only reason? 

Five years later he passes by SuJin on the road in ep6, did he pretend not to know her?

I feel comforting seeing him has such a good friend like Costa (is that his name?), He's a funny character :)

And I like the house he lives in at the moment, the garden, the flowers. The atmosphere is good for him. Was that all Costa's arrangement for him? I  wonder.

Last scene, he says hello to Ah Ram. I don't know if he know it's actually her. Next week...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/12/2019 at 9:46 PM, TRAN said:

I don't know what to feel. As for his sickness i feel sad and very sorry for him. As for his marriage i don't understand his decision. I know he  doesn't want to be a burden to SuJin, is that the only reason? 

###Thank you for the comments! :)  It is good to learn that people are still watching this drama.   I agreed with you.  Although his reason is noble, it is unfair to SuJin.  At least, she has the right to make her own decision.  My blood went cold when I saw the photos of Episode 7 when the couple reunited at the wedding.  I hope Dohoon will not pretend to be cold after 5 years!  It would be too much.  

And I like the house he lives in at the moment, the garden, the flowers. The atmosphere is good for him. Was that all Costa's arrangement for him? I  wonder. 

### Me too :)!    I wonder if it is the heritage from his father.  He is lucky to be able to offer such living arrangements.  

This is drama is getting too emotional ..I can't even watch it. I know he loves his wife so much and from his point of view it the only right thing to leave his wife and not be a burden on her . But su Jin also has the right to decide what to do . What bothered me was that the lead showed the symptoms when they were together ,su jin was so busy with thought of having children I think she unknowingly ignored his illness or didn't get that something was off with her husband. I think in tomorrow's episode she finds the truth . This is going to be a mess. 

@Dev11O  omg watched the ep 8 raw. Did she find out while on the subway scene? Or during the wedding? Why was he panicking? Does he not remember Su Jin? Daamnn Like I wanted to know  the dialogue inside the theater. It's emotional. I think she found out there's that scene she cried. She was shock annd Soo Ah had to comfort her.  The shcok of finding out that Do Hyun had the alzheimers .. she's left to wonder, there was flashback.. so she must've been thinking of all her actions towards him

I hated Su Jinduring first 5 chapters.. well you wanted your divorce... there's your divorce! But then I feel for her as well.  Because she was wondering why he doesn't want to have a child. He actually lied about geting a vasectomy. Su Jin got pregnant pretending to be another woman but Do Hyun already found out but without her realiziing.. this was during firstt 5 chapters. Do Hyun stil able to remember.  But his memory already detoriorating he can't evem remember thier apartmen passcode.

On 6/17/2019 at 11:01 PM, Dev11O said:

This is drama is getting too emotional ..I can't even watch it. I know he loves his wife so much and from his point of view it the only right thing to leave his wife and not be a burden on her . But su Jin also has the right to decide what to do . What bothered me was that the lead showed the symptoms when they were together ,su jin was so busy with thought of having children I think she unknowingly ignored his illness or didn't get that something was off with her husband. I think in tomorrow's episode she finds the truth . This is going to be a mess. 

And by ep 6 it got emotional.. when he ws buying the sushi salmon, the store man kept saying if he can't remember and if he's got Alzeimhers to just stay at home! which  Soo Ah took offense got mad. I salute her.  I like Soo Ah and Hang Seo.. they've been there for Do Hyun.. too care of him help him... I feel sd for them know  seeing their friend alzeimhers manifesting as years go by. Also emtoional was the part where he he was recording a video to remember that he met his daughter . He wanted to not forget that moment  but it bcame too emotional for him, couldn't continue s he cried and try to wipe his tears.. 

But the doctor who examines him said that modern miracles ofeten comes from patient's determination. Human bodies possess natural healing abilities that cannot befully  explained.  And that it applies to his brain too. That even if the deterioration of his brain cannot be stop,  nothing can destroy the detrmination to use his brain either . The doctor said to think of a terminally ill mother who can't ;eave her child. But the doctor was honest with him. He said he's not capable of curing him completely but said to not lose hope.

Doctor would say these to patients.. to soften and make them absorb the shock what;s going to happen.

Nice acting by Kim Haneul though, she's been around. Good to see her in the drama.  I don't know much about the lead actor.

And yeah the fact that I watch the raw even got excited wanting to know what exactly is happening.. means I'm liking...so far. I usually to watch dramas that nobody really watch. I'm not really into big stars.

Episodes 7-8 are sad and yet beautiful!!  I had to take a deep breath after watching tonight's  episode. Both actors are excellent!   Gam Woo-Sung' acting touches my heart deeply as always.  

2019061901001344000092771.jpg

I thought the first couple of episodes were kind of absurd, but by episode 4, I was 100% invested in the show. It's doing everything a good melodrama should do and I'm loving everything.

That last scene in episode 8 was just wow. The slow motion, the way it was shot, Gam Woo Sung's innocent smile, Kim Ha Neul's tears, absolutely beautiful. And to think that the last time he said "saranghamnida" to her was when she wasn't even herself (well technically it was, but you know what I mean), and now she's hearing it again for the first time in years, in this way? My god.

I wonder if his best friend knows how bad it's gotten in just a couple days, or was it already like this, just not as extreme. The way he got lost inside the theatre building, or was it just because Sujin is what triggered him like it did at the wedding and when he was on his way there in the car thinking about seeing her.

Anyway, I'm glad she finally knows. Looking forward to where this leads them now.

Uhhh...it's breaks my heart to see him not recognizing su jin ...she came there to say something but I guess it was too late..it seems like her face disappeared from his memory. But didn't understand the part in the end of episode 8 where ah ram is playing with a man ..who is it? They didn't show the face of the man ..was it our lead or someone else ...seems like the story will either end with hero's death or he completely becoming in a fully forgotten state where he even forgets to how to speak. I am really curious how su jin behave since now everything is out.. is she gonna start taking care of him or just approach him to give  lots of pity . IDK how the writer will take the plot from here.. I really don't want more heart breaking scenes . My personal opinion; if she really respects and understand why DO Hoon did all this ,she should move on and live happily with her child like he wanted her to be.

congrats The Wind Blows :heart:

Eps 9 reach 5,2% and eps 10 get higher rating 5,7%, respectively. This drama is quite popular in Korea, but I think it's also getting more recognition from global fans. Cant wait to catch up eps9-10 with sub later, through the ig spoiler.. there are so much sad and emotional moments between Sujin and Dohoon. This drama is such a tearjerker :bawling:

I'm so hooked to this drama. I cried since the 1st episode. Kam Woo Sung oppa's acting is brilliant as always. I have also just found out from this thread that he lost 11 kilograms for this role. I noticed that he's looking thinner and his face's getting more weary and tired each episode but I thought it's because of make up. Wow! He really dives deep in his role. Amazing. :thumbsup::heart:

In addition, I need to compliment Kim Ha-neul's brilliant performance as well. I only watched her in one drama before, which was On Air. That's long time ago. She doesn't age at all. She looks great and her performance is so so great. :blush:

I feel bad for Soo Jin's character. I think I understand her predicament. She still loves Do Hoon and she feels guilty toward him so she wants to be there as much as she can to make up for the lost time. I hope her mom would recover from the shock and would help Soo Jin instead of stopping her from doing this. :bawling:

I can't wait to watch the trailer of the next episode.

This drama is getting popular.  According to an analysis on the most discussed TV dramas by GoodData, "The Wind Blows"  ranked NO.6 during the 3rd week of June.  Our two leads ranked No. 5 and No. 6.   

Although I love the two leads, my heart was broken by the plot :( 

25557256.jpg

Archived