[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

Guest alittlebitofjulie

dearest ellabel and 7875!

thank you so so much for the links and great pics.. 7875, i can't view the first image tho.. some help?

have been going through the previous posts, and i totally agree with hanihash that they have made the main star of them all, the airport... a bit disappointing i must say when the writers could inject more human feelings and development and still show the "all-in-a-days-work" scenarios at the airport.. after all, the PD did say that the airport is a place of meetings and farewells, too bad they don't use that significance..

however, when all is said and read :) i still look forward to watching this drama.. having taken many suggestions not to have a too-high an expectation, i actually enjoy some bits a lot.. a girl can't help but enjoy LJJ and LJW, can she? ;)

To Air City: Fighting!

Guest hanihash

Sarcasm is the weapon of the insecured, & i'm not so petty as to be so easily upset. No, we dont have to praise the drama all the time, was just trying to clear a point....sorry if i've upset you.

That's okay ripples. If you read my postings, I always try not to be too serious, (and some might say even witty :rolleyes: bless that soonjap.). I agree with you sometimes members have vented rather strongly but if we take it as a discussion, we shouldn't take things to heart. I read javabeans and everyone elses translations kindly provided by rosepetal, ripgal and many really kind hearted members but I still make up my own mind at the end. It's just that some things look mighty strange to me at times and maybe I didn't think twice before posting. We live and learn ya!

You did right by expressing your opinion, and out of respect to everyone who posts here and those silent lurkers who visit here often, we should keep the good harmony of this thread. Really, my debates with soonjap and several members of this thread has been quite heated at times and an experience in itself but I enjoyed it for what its worth. a friendly intellectual jousting.

Chill guys!

Guest cathycasi21

Translation by Hyc

http://www.innolife.com/list.php?ac_id=14&ai_id=11550]http://www.innolife.com/list.php?ac_id=14&ai_id=11550

2007/06/20

The truth of Lee Jung Jae-Choi Jiwoo’s intimate scene!

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.innolife.com/img/item/14/11550_1.jpg

MBC drama 'Air City' has stimulated imagination of viewers. Web users have started discussion over the question whether Lee Jung Jae and Choi Jiwoo did spend a night together in the 16th, 17th broadcasting.

Lee Jung Jae and Choi Jiwoo were left behind after the staff had spent the day on the island. The two of them ended up kissing and spent the night on the island. The explanation was that, “Although the scene in the room was not shown in the drama, but the issue on whether they spent the night together was obvious from the meaningful conversation they had the following day.”

The major speculation arises from the scene where the two of them came out from the same hotel room. Some audiences suggested that because of Choi Jiwoo’s lines, “I grow up in France and accustom to this kind of common matter.” Another doubtful point is what Lee Jung Jae said during the meal with the agent who came back from Hong Kong, Choi Jiwoo and Lee Jin Wook, “I am going out with Han DG now.” The drama itself did not give a clear account.

The relationship of the two persons is just shown by the kissing scene. But when the official web of “Air City” posted the photo which was not seen in the drama, once again it causes suspicion. They were wearing the same clothes in the scene the next morning. Thus the replies posted by viewers at the internet all express their curiosity, “Is there a bed scene?”

Picture provided by NEWSIS

copyright ⓒ innolife.com

Didn't LJJ mention that there was going to be a love scene in here? I'm curious as to why they cut that scene out. It would have definitely made more sense as in terms of the love story side of air city. But I guess one can only speculate right?

Guest ripgal

^ HAHAHHAHAHAHAH...that got me thinking too. :lol:

Maybe that's why JS appeared so shy the next morning! LOL....wellz, whatever...

Guest ellabel

Perhaps the drama seems to be going in all directions is bcos so many have given their suggestions/comments (however many cents worth) that the writers are trying to appease & pander to everyone's demands/suggestions that they've somewhat lost focus & have deviated from their original, poor fellas. I, for one, would hate to be given a task & before I cud prove my worth, be told by everyone on how i should go about handling it!

We should perhaps bear in mind that these are professional writers who've previously produced great hits, not a couple of amateurish school kids dabbling in scriptwriting for the very first time! I say...have more trust in them....throw in your comments, by all means, (your contributions are the very essence of a lively & enjoyable thread) but pleeeeease be less critical, more constructive & save your very painful stings till you've watched the drama in its entirety, at the very least.

The seemingly lack of fluidity & continuity in the episodes cud be b'cos we're watching them in dribs & drabs, sometimes without even fully understanding the full content of each episode. One point in view is the one brought up by Hanihash about what's in the PD's point in showing the scene of HDK looking up at the sky on her return boat ride from the island. If she'd read the summary before making her comments, she'd have understood the sigificance of this scene, which is the introduction to the problematic baggage scene, as HDK looks up into the sky & notices the absence of planes, thus giving her a hunch that all is not well at the airport.

To those who've not watched this drama & are deterred by the negative comments of some, i suggest you give AC a try & be your own judge. Do not be swayed by others' opinions, for one man's meat is another's poison.

Hi Ripples! Wah! Your first post is here in Air City thread. Welcome. :)

I understand where you are coming from but i dont believe that one of the reasons why the drama is going in all directions is because of the many suggestions or comments here. Much that i wud be immensely flatttered that the distinguished AC writers will pay much attention to a handful of ppl here who give dissenting opinions, i doubt if that is the case. As you mentioned these are seasoned and professional writers so i dont think they wud lose focus or sleep if they read the views of the posters in this thread. Now, if we are referring to the Korean tv audience reactions to the drama as evidenced by the ratings and the compilation of all the varied comments in every forum then that's a different story.

I've been to this thread since the beginning and majority of the criticisms here are nothing but constructive. I agree that watching the eppies without subs and just bits and pieces can result to misconceptions and wrong notions but there are able peeps here who are kind enough to give clarifications and explanations. And from these, everyone learns something whether you are Korean or not. I think this is the essence of this thread and forums like this. Watching the drama first hand and participating in the healthy discussions are thrills that not everyone experiences. I still believe that the different thoughts and friendly arguments will in fact, raise curiousity and interest for prospective watchers of Air City.

As I've said before, it's really up to one's preference or level of appreciation if he/she will enjoy the drama. It's up to you if you will get swayed by the diverse opinions and views here. If it is a sign of immaturity or simply a matter of choice then nobody will judge you here. Afterall, at the end of the day, it will always be to each his own.

Thanks for contributing your thoughts here. I'm sure the writers of AC are doing their best to make it a great series that will satisfy many ppl and not only the fans of LJJ, CJW and LJW.

Thanks for pointing that out ripples. Didn't realise my comment upset you that much. Okay, next time I see no airplanes in the sky, I will remember that it could be because there is something wrong with the luggage sorter at the airport. As I am not Korean, this thread and helpful members have really made me understand it better. My apologies if my sarcasm has upset you. It's hard to be so serious sometimes when things look so ridiculous. Would it be better if we all just praised the drama all the time?

Haha...You got me laughing.

I like sarcasm..

it is better than being witless....lol.

Anyways, keep up with posting interesting feedback.

I do agree that everyone has different taste. Even I have some peculiar taste at times, to the point where it’s kind of embarrassing <_< .

I believe that our comments here; whether those that are supporting, criticizing, or even the neutral ones; shouldn’t be the only factor that makes you decide whether or not to watch this drama in the first place. I’m a strong believer of you have to watch it to believe it. I, myself, very much appreciate everyone’s input here, because they keep me open-minded of all the possibilities and besides, it’s a good exercise for my ego :sweatingbullets: .

Maybe this drama will leave you with meaningful insights and wonderful memories (I know I found a new appreciation to a not-so-secret someone), and that’s good for you! All I’m saying is that, we should all be respectful to all kinds of opinions. Please don’t get discouraged to speak up your mind, whatever it may be, because really, that’s the reason why this thread exists, so we can share and care. And sharing doesn’t mean that we have to stay on the same ground all the time – you can cross the fences and back if you’d like. The way I see it, we are helping each other to grow by understanding different perspectives. As long as we’re conducting a healthy discussion in a respectful manner, all is cool, my friends.. all.is.cool. Supports and critiques are all welcomed! ~or at least, that’s how I’d like to believe it~ To be honest, I think we’re doing a pretty good job at that so far.

I’d say it’s time for group hug! [insert virtual hug here]

My sincere apology if someone takes this as spamming.

Guest soonjap

Perhaps the drama seems to be going in all directions is bcos so many have given their suggestions/comments (however many cents worth) that the writers are trying to appease & pander to everyone's demands/suggestions that they've somewhat lost focus & have deviated from their original, poor fellas. I, for one, would hate to be given a task & before I cud prove my worth, be told by everyone on how i should go about handling it!

We should perhaps bear in mind that these are professional writers who've previously produced great hits, not a couple of amateurish school kids dabbling in scriptwriting for the very first time! I say...have more trust in them....throw in your comments, by all means, (your contributions are the very essence of a lively & enjoyable thread) but pleeeeease be less critical, more constructive & save your very painful stings till you've watched the drama in its entirety, at the very least.

To those who've not watched this drama & are deterred by the negative comments of some, i suggest you give AC a try & be your own judge. Do not be swayed by others' opinions, for one man's meat is another's poison.

Can I just ask who the people are that you assume are giving the writers all these "directions"? You mean the viewers? That's been the norm for quite a while now. Ultimately, it's up to the broacasting company, in this case MBC, the director and the writers to give the direction of the series. No matter what kind of ruckus the viewers put up, it's basically up to them to make the final decisions on where the series is going. And unless you know the writers personally, how do you know what kind of "hits" they wrote? The only one I know of who did was the writer for "All In". The other writer wrote for "Model" which was NOT a "hit". When the viewers found out that the writer for "Stairway to Heaven" was going to have CJW's character die, thousands of people wrote in and begged, criticized, pleaded, threatened if they didn't keep her character alive. BUT...regardless of what anyone else said, the writer still decided to go ahead with the original script and Jung Suh died in the end. As you say, they're not amateurish school kids and only they know how to keep the direction of the series going. That's life in general. And the criticism didn't come from the first two episodes. The problem for me at least, was that the storyline started to become disjointed at about episode 5 onwards. That's why it was so disappointing.

And can I ask you why I would have to be less critical until AFTER I watch the series? Then why bother coming in this thread at all during the series? Just to have a one-sided dialogue about how we just love everything about everyone? Isn't one of the reasons why we're in here now having this discussion because there are some of us who aren't satisfied with everything? And I disagree that those of us who have criticized the series have NOT been constructive. All of our discussion have been very constructive. If you're one of those who find this series without fault, then good for you! I don't have any problems with that. And I'm not quite sure why you bother reading these posts that offend you if you don't like them? Pleeeeease feel free to skip, read over, bump, any of the posts that I or any other poster put up that you disagree with. If you put in a criticism over some kind of discription or posting that I wrote, I would understand. But to ask us to save our comments until later, is (1) condescending and (2) not your right. Just as you have the right to post your thoughts and opinions, you should also respect others to do the same, whether you agree with them or not. If you don't, and you care to post your own thoughts about it, feel free to express them, as I'm doing. Or, simply ignore it. It's up to you.

Does this also mean that I can only enjoy the series if I've watched every episode? You mean, I can't enjoy each individual episode on its own? What if I watched the series from beginning to end and still didn't like it? Hmm...that's a thought. And yet, there have been so many television dramas where I loved each episode on its own! There seemed to be fluidity and continuity throughout each episode of those dramas so where amI going wrong with this one? Is it me? Maybe. But isn't it also reasonable to say that it could also be the drama as well? I loved the drama "Thank You". On the outset, it didn't seem like it was going to be very good. It was slow paced, absent of a lot of "action" but the story! I found myself adoring the characters and the storyline! It also taught me life lessons to boot. So while it's true that we may not find out about certain key elements that tie all the storylines together, I will still insist that individually, the episode has to somehow connect one to another and it's this lack of connection that I'm having problems with in Air City. That's all.

And just so that I'm fair, here's a disclaimer just in case readers of this thread didn't know already: For those of you who haven't watched this series, I am NOT discouraging anyone from doing so. It isn't a totally hopeless series. If it was, I would have abandoned it and not bothered to watch. The fact that I haven't done so lets you know that it's worth viewing. Please do NOT let comments about this series deter you from watching. Please do so and make up your own minds about it.[/b]

Sarcasm is the weapon of the insecured, & i'm not so petty as to be so easily upset. No, we dont have to praise the drama all the time, was just trying to clear a point....sorry if i've upset you.

Hmm...good to know you weren't upset, although...it sure sounded like it. By the way, sarcasm is not the ultimate weapon of the insecure. It's those who try to prevent freedom of expression. Just a thought.

The seemingly lack of fluidity & continuity in the episodes cud be b'cos we're watching them in dribs & drabs, sometimes without even fully understanding the full content of each episode. One point in view is the one brought up by Hanihash about what's in the PD's point in showing the scene of HDK looking up at the sky on her return boat ride from the island. If she'd read the summary before making her comments, she'd have understood the sigificance of this scene, which is the introduction to the problematic baggage scene, as HDK looks up into the sky & notices the absence of planes, thus giving her a hunch that all is not well at the airport.

Now, unlike Hanihash or ellabel, I AM Korean and Korean-speaking. This means that in general, I don't need assistance with understanding the dialogue. What does this mean? This means that in essence, I understand plenty. The scene you describe above was not a huge tension-filled moment. Couldn't you imagine the scene to go like this? Use your imagination if you will: DK looks up at the sky and realizes that no airplanes are flying above. She quickly whips out her cell phone and calls the airport and gets information. JS, tense but alert, is waiting for DK to get off the phone for information. DK hears what's going on, pales as she gets off the phone. JS asks her,"What's wrong?" DK answers, "There's something seriously wrong at the airport. We need to get there ASAP!" Cut to the camera where JS's face looks grim as DK and JS both look toward the airport. End of scene. This scene would help incorporate more "character interaction development" scenes so that when JS and DK have romantic scenes, we're not left scratching out heads. Instead, we see DK looking up to the sky for such a long period of time and then finally, she turns to JS and says: "I think there's something wrong. There are no airplanes flying." For me, it was an anticlimax. Now YOU don't have to agree with it. BUT I just want to point that out because it's not due to my LACK of knowledge either about the nuance of the scene or the dialogue that makes me feel this way. For ME, this scene wasn't significant enough to be a cliff hanger until the next episode. That's all. And that was my 1.3 cents worth for today.

I like this AC series a lot from eps. 1-4, but after that the airport operation start falling apart (things don't make sense). I guess the PD should do some more homework to get the right information about how to operate a big airport. I think it is technical problem. But besides that, the chemistry between the characters is not as good as the beginning of the series. I guess, we're dissapointed because of this. We expected a lot more. I'm still hoping that the next couple episodes will be better.

I'm sure the PD seeing this problem too, so probably they will correct them in the future episodes.

Guest soonjap

The thread seems awfully quiet today. I think everyone is in a state of suspended animation cos Soonjap you can really chill girl! Since I got kinda used to your in-your-face kind of postings I am glad to see you're more relaxed. It sorta caught me by surprise you know. Like reading an announcement that Paris Hilton has decided to go to law school. Sheer disbelief! You go girl! Spit it out every once in a while!

Yeah, I do this more often than you might think. I was eating cup ramen when my dad told me why a certain radish kimchi is called "chong gak". I promptly spit out the noodles and it landed on his nose. He was not amused but I sure was. PM me if you want to know why it's called "chong gak" kimchi and what it is, although, I must warn you not to eat or drink anything when reading. You'll die laughing.

I gotta say that Wednesdays are really hump days especially when you have to attend meeting after meeting. It got to the point that while I was struggling to keep my eyes open during the sleep inducing discussions I started to daydream that my boss looked like Lee Jung Jae. Eeeuuuwww!! That's it, I need a vacation!

You won't belive this, but you made me spit out my coffee again this morning after I read this! I concur. You do need a vacation. Me too. But I'm going to Korea with my family for 6 weeks starting in November so I'll try 2 things: (1) eat at Il Mare; and (2) see if I can sight Mr. LJJ around Seoul! Maybe if I stalk...oops...I mean, hang around the restaurant, I may be able to spot him...or not.

I am among the legions of CJW fans who can't shake her off because it was through her that I first became acquainted with K-dramas. To me she is Yu Jin personified. Her appeal is not just about her acting but more about her as a person. Much as I know there are many great actresses out there in k-dramaland, this lady has won my deepest respect for being able to do what she does and still remain as sweet as ever. Now that is no mean feat!

Yeah, CJW is a good actress. There's no doubt about that. But I'd like to see her go to the next level of acting, like Jeon Do Hyun and Lee Mi Yeon. But she has rarely taken on a role that will have allowed her to stretch her character and acting skills to the next level and I was really hoping that her role in Air City could change that. However, all is not lost. DK may be able to redeem herself through the last 6 episodes. You never know. I'll hold out hope.

By the way, I did watch Typhoon and I agree that LJJ, whether undressed or fully clothed in those navy whites, made me catch my breath, an Adonis of a man who commands respect. That final scene when he stands in his Admiral's navy blue uniform was truly a sight to behold.......

Yes...yummy... :blush: hee hee...right. *cough* *cough* I meant my carrot cake being yummy and not the other...yeah, I didn't think I was going to fool anyone with that either.

Ripples, your comment made me feel so good, I've been saving my comments, since alot of people are saying alot of criticisms here that just turn some poor people off who have not even watched it yet, or even in the middle of it, trying to enjoy the drama....though I finally had to make a comment in Javabean's blog, though not in this thread as much!

I totally agree, "one man's meat can be anothers' poison!", let's not be swayed by others' opinions too much, watch the whole series and judge it for yourself!

I've decided at first stay quiet and just the watch the rest of the series and read the comments. But I decide this will be my last comment:Rosepetal, I'm not saying that I'm on your side but I understand your point of view toward Javabeans. We, those non-Korean do appreciate her time to translate each episode and again..."for not being paid"... However I've been reading her comments about AC and (not to go against another drama) Bad Couple, and I must say that she did make people turn to different side of Air City without giving another chance or a benefit of the doubt about the drama. I think being a book critic or food critic, you should just point out the weaknesses and strengths, your opinion but not to the point to "disgrace" the subject.

Personally, I found Episode 10 was not bad, because I could picture how busy they are when you are at a high level, it is difficult to have a decent conversation in the hall. From my personal experience, it is really difficult to have a conversation with a doctor in the hall because they are always busy with beeper, pager, calls.

I might be wrong but I think in this episode, they are trying to make us picture all problems and I think some of them are real s/a baggage, bomb thread, computer hacker... therefore the relationship between CJW & LJJ is difficult to built up when you are constantly bombarded with problems. Also, I did not expect this drama to be like "Winter Sonata" but do enjoy to see some actions like the movies Air Force One with actor Harrison Ford and Executive Decision with actor Kurt Russell.

To make my story short, I would suggest everyone to at least try to follow this to the end. It might not the best,outstanding drama but it is not the worst drama (from my opinion). :rolleyes:

I've decided at first stay quiet and just the watch the rest of the series and read the comments. But I decide this will be my last comment:Rosepetal, I'm not saying that I'm on your side but I understand your point of view toward Javabeans. We, those non-Korean do appreciate her time to translate each episode and again..."for not being paid"... However I've been reading her comments about AC and (not to go against another drama) Bad Couple, and I must say that she did make people turn to different side of Air City without giving another chance or a benefit of the doubt about the drama. I think being a book critic or food critic, you should just point out the weaknesses and strengths, your opinion but not to the point to "disgrace" the subject.

To make my story short, I would suggest everyone to at least try to follow this to the end. It might not the best,outstanding drama but it is not the worst drama (from my opinion). :rolleyes:

You've underestimated the viewers' own judgements in this case.

I prefer Bad Couple to Air City. Just because it is a better drama with strong acting from SEG. It has nothing to do with Javabeans' blog. Air City's fault/success is its own...please not dismiss other fans' opinions just because your favorite series is not doing as well as it is supposed to. When did Javabeans "disgrace" the drama? This kind of comments is so discouraging and uncalled for! She can easily choose not to re-cap anything and that would be a huge pity because believe it or not, some people will want to check out the series because they are curious about the drama.

In fact, it is because of her blog that I am still following Air City. Seriously, I would not give this series another chance if it wasn't for her blog. I was very turned off by Air City at the beginning..because of various reasons such as their cultural and language ignorance in the series. I can't take it that such a big production will not do more research especially when it is supposedly sold overseas to a wide diversity of audience. They are too naive to think that some of the things will fly well for people that know the place (Hong Kong) and languages (Mandarin/Cantonese) used.

You (and others) can choose not to visit Javabeans blog if you can't take her opinions on the drama. It is her blog after all.

Okay.

First off, Javabeans didn't post her recaps here, which means that she *nor anybody for that matter* never forced any of us to read her reviews. People shared her link because we thought it might be helpful. You can freely enter and exit at your own convinience. I found it very offensive that anybody would "attack" her personal opinions, which she posted on her own blog nonetheless. I think it's just wrong to take such kind gesture the wrong way, you know what I'm saying? Her blog, is just -as she called it- blogging her k-drama obsession. As far as I recall, she never called herself a drama/movie critic. Just want to make that clear.

I will put my case to rest here. I think my blood-level is just about to hit the danger zone.

Ciao!

Guest javabeans

Lol, thanks mangoicy and ginnie for your support!! Don't worry, I'm not upset by people disliking what I write on my blog, although I don't quite understand the complaint. To those who think I shouldn't be so negative, please remember it's just a personal blog that happened to get a lot of readers. It's not official and I'm not claiming to have a definitive or authoritative stance on the subject. Like ginnie said, I have total faith that viewers are able to come up with their own opinions on liking or disliking the series. To put it in perspective, you wouldn't exactly go to a stranger's xanga or livejournal and accuse them of not being "objective" in their personal posts, would you? The reason I post on my blog instead of here, among other reasons (i.e., soompi's addicting and sucks way too much of my time away), is because I have total purview over my site to say what I want without feeling guilty or fearing reprise from others who disagree. Why should I have to censor myself?

But your point is taken. In fact, I'd already decided before reading these posts here that I'd try a different writing exercise for the next episode: to write a recap without one single negative comment, even if that means I've gotta restrict myself to commenting on the nice carpeting in that airport. I'm anticipating hitting a few rough spots but hey, it'll be a nice challenge. It's not because I feel pressured to hold back, or whatever, I just thought it would be fun. Now THAT ought to be interesting. :)

What's happen to AC forum. It's seem that it's go so big. In my opinion if you still happy watching....watch it. If you don't just quit. Same if you feel that reading Javabean blog hurt your feeling don't go and read her summary coz finally sub-eng will come and you'll understand the story. She has her own right to write anything. Actually I'm her big fan from first ep. Non Korean like us want to know what' is going on..on that ep. You can call me bias as I said before I'm watching AC because I'm big fan of CJW so even read so many criticisms....for sure hurt my feeling a bit but it's don't less my eager to watch this serie. I still love it very much. Better to keep this forum in peace.

Guest ripgal

^ I agree with you. Let's just keep the peace and enjoy the drama well, when we can (we still have 6 eps to go). Javabeans has surfaced to clarify her point and I believe nobody had intended to diss her opinions. Like what mangoicy said, it's just a matter of personal opinion and preference. Peace out peeps! :D

Guest soonjap

First of all, no one claimed that this was the worst drama. <_<<_<<_< And I personally felt that I had to respond to your post because it was I who personally asked ON THIS THREAD for the link to Javabeans' blog. The fact that you would call her blog "disgraceful" just because her opinion didn't jive with YOURS is even worse.

Look folks, let me be very clear here. We ALL have differing opinions, don't we? And we should know that we're not all going to agree on certain things. BUT...maturity dictates that we handle those differences in constructive and positive ways. If you disagree with what we're saying here, then express them! Why go to a person's PERSONAL blog and call her out for it? I feel responsible for that since you would NOT have known about her link had I not asked for it earlier AND if no one provided the link. But if the link is given and you visit, then realize that it's her opinion and RESPECT it, even if you DON'T agree with it! Is this so difficult for people to understand? I myself don't understand why you don't post your thoughts in this thread but feel you can in another person's personal blog? And no, I am not a personal friend of Javabeans and in fact, she and I have had differing opinions on another different drama but I have never lost my respect for her incredible ability to articulate her thoughts in a very positive, although differing ways even from mine. We can all agree to disagree, right? Is that so hard to do? Why take this drama so personally? Are we all kids here? Do we really have to spell it out for everyone: Hey, you don't have to listen to our comments. Watch and see for yourself? Isn't this a given? Why are you so offended that people are discussing the aspects of a drama either positive or negative? All commentaries are subject to preference. There have been MANY times where I go to a thread and there are glowing reports about a drama and then I watch it and think "This is a complete waste of my time. I wished someone would have mentioned some shortcomings of this drama." And then there have been other times where I've disregarded people's negative comments and watched it for myself and realized, "Hey! What are those people complaining for? This is pretty good!" It's all relative and we should all realize that a person's opinion is just that: opinion. It's not written in stone.

Now you answer a couple of questions for me: What's the difference between "pointing out the weaknesses" and "disgracing the subject"? How do I "point out the weaknesses" by NOT "disgracing the subject?"

Also, I did not expect this drama to be like "Winter Sonata" but do enjoy to see some actions like the movies Air Force One with actor Harrison Ford and Executive Decision with actor Kurt Russell.

And no one is comparing this drama to "Winter Sonata". These two dramas are completely different both in tone and pace. But interestingly enough, CJW has alwasy taken on roles that are fairly similar to those of her role in "Winter Sonata" and in the beginning, we were all very excited to see her in a very tough, no-nonsense role for a woman. It was quite refreshing, actually. But somewhere starting in episode 5, it started to crumble and now, FOR ME, when I look at her eyes, it seems like she's lost that fire that she started with and I just want her to get it back. In addition, your comparing this series to a MOVIE like "Air Force Once" is not helpful because this is NOT a movie. It is a SERIES with multiple episodes that have to make sense. If you are going to liken it to something, I would venture to say it could be like "Alias". We're not critizing this series because we don't have anything to do or that it's an action genre. Quite frankly, I was excited when I first heard that it was going to have a lot of action. The chemistry between LJJ and CJW in the first 4 episodes were palpable and the tension high. They were simply electric. But somehow, the writers seem to have lost the edge and all we're hoping for is a way back to those first 4 episodes.

Personally, I found Episode 10 was not bad, because I could picture how busy they are when you are at a high level, it is difficult to have a decent conversation in the hall. From my personal experience, it is really difficult to have a conversation with a doctor in the hall because they are always busy with beeper, pager, calls. I might be wrong but I think in this episode, they are trying to make us picture all problems and I think some of them are real s/a baggage, bomb thread, computer hacker... therefore the relationship between CJW & LJJ is difficult to built up when you are constantly bombarded with problems.

Hmm...if there's all these problems and therefore a "relationship between KJW and LJJ is difficult to build up when you are constantly bombarded with problems", can you explain the kiss then? What was the reason for that? Was it just casual? Then what about JS' statement that he and DK were now dating? If they're supposed to be dating, isn't it a NATURAL assumption that a relationship would be at least half-way built? Or is this casual too?

REQUEST: Please do NOT visit Javabeans' blog and attack her for her opinions on her blog. It's dissrespectful, rude and uncalled for. And yes...it's disgraceful. And this is my full 2 cents worth!

Guest apple red

What's happen to AC forum. It's seem that it's go so big. In my opinion if you still happy watching....watch it. If you don't just quit. Same if you feel that reading Javabean blog hurt your feeling don't go and read her summary coz finally sub-eng will come and you'll understand the story. She has her own right to write anything. Actually I'm her big fan from first ep. Non Korean like us want to know what' is going on..on that ep. You can call me bias as I said before I'm watching AC because I'm big fan of CJW so even read so many criticisms....for sure hurt my feeling a bit but it's don't less my eager to watch this serie. I still love it very much. Better to keep this forum in peace.

Yes, what's happen here :unsure:

it may seems that wasnt only AC who lost it direction, but this thread as well :sweatingbullets: .

Javabeans, i dont mind about your blog, and i believe happysis doesnt mean to offend your blog. I love read your blog eventhough i never left my comment because iam a ajummah who had anything in my mind at the same time i read your blog :blush: . But i really appreciated your witty comment and especially your time for non korean speaking.

that's what i want to say..i will back to my peace teritory and hopefully when i came back here, this thread will as peace as it start. :w00t:

Guest soonjap

Lol, thanks mangoicy and ginnie for your support!! Don't worry, I'm not upset by people disliking what I write on my blog, although I don't quite understand the complaint. To those who think I shouldn't be so negative, please remember it's just a personal blog that happened to get a lot of readers. It's not official and I'm not claiming to have a definitive or authoritative stance on the subject. Like ginnie said, I have total faith that viewers are able to come up with their own opinions on liking or disliking the series. To put it in perspective, you wouldn't exactly go to a stranger's xanga or livejournal and accuse them of not being "objective" in their personal posts, would you? The reason I post on my blog instead of here, among other reasons (i.e., soompi's addicting and sucks way too much of my time away), is because I have total purview over my site to say what I want without feeling guilty or fearing reprise from others who disagree. Why should I have to censor myself?

But your point is taken. In fact, I'd already decided before reading these posts here that I'd try a different writing exercise for the next episode: to write a recap without one single negative comment, even if that means I've gotta restrict myself to commenting on the nice carpeting in that airport. I'm anticipating hitting a few rough spots but hey, it'll be a nice challenge. It's not because I feel pressured to hold back, or whatever, I just thought it would be fun. Now THAT ought to be interesting. :)

I would look forward to anything you have to say because I do believe that you are very articulate and your thoughtful posts, while I may not be in agreement with everything you write, at least it induces me to think a little bit. I don't understand why people would visit your blog and then attack you for what you write. For the first time, I'm scratching my head over this one instead of over the episodes in AC. But I also hope that you don't hold back on writing your feelings. It's really about exercising the right to express yourself without fear of censorship, although I don't know why people don't do that here either. The reason why I seem so passionate about this is because there have been too many threads that I've visited with the usual pages and pages of bantering to the likes of: "Oh God, he's/she's so hot!" "I want that cell phone too!" "Where can I dl the music that plays in scene so-and-so?" "I love this drama" but no explanation given as to why. I don't mind these comments but not pages upon pages upon pages of them. Reading your blog is like a breath of fresh air and gives me a reason to think twice over a meaning of a dialogue or a motivation of a character and the like. I hope you don't stop. It's not you that has to adjust. It's those who can't seem to understand that in a free country, expressions are also free, whether they like it or not.

Archived