[Official Thread] Song Wei Long 宋威龙

hush puppy

On 11/7/2020 at 2:52 PM, hush puppy said:

(Posted on: Saturday, 7 November 2020)

Click the Link below to see:

A comprehensive video clip on the shooting of  "Untouchable Lovers" in January 2017.  From the preparatory works, right up to the completion of the shootings

Song Wei Long was only 17 years' old then.:eatscookie:

http://t.cn/A6GVl2cf

To be honest, I've seen the drama twice still dont understand what is the bridging of the 1st part of the story and the 2nd part. Are those totally different stories? I read awhile ago that on the first story Rong Zhi and Chu Yu were made obliviate so they forget their past? Is this true? Because even until the end of the drama I didnt find any conclusion or link between the both stories. If it's somehow connected, I would expect there was at least one scene that link it. For example if they really got amnesia, then they should at least remember a little that they have met and fallen in love before. 

But that's just me and my expectation.

Although, I'm still grateful to you @hush puppyfor posting this BTS video. It's really a gem. :getmygrooveon:

• Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 5:25 AM, iamlegend said:

To be honest, I've seen the drama twice still dont understand what is the bridging of the 1st part of the story and the 2nd part. Are those totally different stories? I read awhile ago that on the first story Rong Zhi and Chu Yu were made obliviate so they forget their past? Is this true? Because even until the end of the drama I didnt find any conclusion or link between the both stories. If it's somehow connected, I would expect there was at least one scene that link it. For example if they really got amnesia, then they should at least remember a little that they have met and fallen in love before. 

But that's just me and my expectation.

Although, I'm still grateful to you @hush puppyfor posting this BTS video. It's really a gem.

@iamlegend  It is a very Long and Comprehensive video.  Very few people will view it right to the end.  There are 2 Answers to your question on UL :  1) A Factual one.   2) And one according to the audience's imagination.

1) Truth (Factual) is Ep 1-16, and Ep 17-52, are Two Separate Stories. With no connections to each other at all.  Song Wei Long's boss re-wrote the Second Part, to promote the Second Female Lead.  Notice the SFL  plays 2 roles - the Lady Warrior, General Hao and the Concubine to Mire or Tuoba Yun. (And he is still promoting her very vigorously till Today).  He even removed Song Wei Long from the Final Poster.

So the Story was changed.  Remember the Old Man telling the Story to an Audience under a Tree?  When he ended the story where Rong Zhi died, the Audience objected to the "Sad Ending".   So the old Story Teller said:  "Alright, Alright.  What if I change the Story to a Happy Ending?".  The Audience agreed.  And the Old Story Teller narrate an Entirely New Story. 

"Untouchable Lovers" is a very Popular IP Story from Da Feng Gua Ge - the same Author for "Zhang Gong An".  Which is why when Song Wei Long was selected to star in "Zhang Gong An", Ms Da Feng Gua Ge (Her Pen-Name) voiced her objection.  Stressing that she and her book will from now on, no longer be associated with this production. Actually she has already "sold" her Copyrights. She cannot control this Production anymore. (I feel that this Author is Wrong.  Why blame a then 17 years old Actor.  He is only acting according to  instructions.  If the Author is Principled and have the Guts, she should object to the Boss and Writer Yu Zheng  and perhaps the Producer.  And not  Target a young man instead.  Why jeopardise the "Budding Career" of a young and promising Actor?) 

Besides, this Author does seem to have a fair bit of such problems - including  "Ten Miles Of Peach Blossoms".  People ask: Why didn't she object to Yang Mi and the Male Lead, Mark then.  Besides Da Feng Gua Ge has also once, written the Lyrics to the Theme-Song for a Plagiarised Drama.  So she is quite a "Controversial" lady herself.

2)  What the Audience wants to Believe:

The way the Drama unfolds, it is as though, both the Male and Female Leads have amnesia.  The "insect" ate up the memory of Rongzhi.  And the Princess became a different person.  More carefree and bold

(But knowing the Facts, I subscribe to the First Answer).

This Plagiarism is the Reason why Song Wei Long received a lot of "Brickbats"  from the Book-Fans, who already know the whole story and adored it.  And why it did not result in a "Big Explosion" for him as An Actor.

But there were also some Book-Fans who love  Song Wei Long's portrayal of "Rongzhi" and became his ardent fans

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3

(Posted on: Wednesday, 11 November 2020)

The Clip below shows an Interview with Song Wei Long and his co-star Zhou Yu-tong for the Drama "Long For You".   The Interviewer asked: "How do you all maintain your Figure?"

Song Wei Long :  "I can eat without putting on Weight".

Zhou Yu-tong   :  "I put on Weight the moment I eat".

(Then they both break out laughing!

Twitter Photo Lapse Due To Expiry

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

It is a very Long and Comprehensive video.  Very few people will view it right to the end. 

I honestly plan to watching it till the end even tough I am lost in translation. Really hope I can speak Mandarin now. So I can understand it, specially on the interview part. Hahahaha But it's ok, just looking at the little brother is enough :D:love: Although I have to watch it in between my meetings ahahahaha...

I feel that this Author is Wrong.  Why blame a then 17 years old Actor.  He is only acting according to  instructions.  If the Author is Principled and have the Guts, she should object to the Boss and Writer Yu Zheng  and perhaps the Producer.  And not  Target a young man instead.  Why jeopardise the "Budding Career" of a young and promising Actor?) 

I think she just didnt have the guts to object to the Writer and the producers because it will hurt their relationship. She probably expect to have more collaboration with the producer and the writer in the future. But she still wants to put the blame. So she blame it on the least person that can harm her career. That's my point of view.

So the Story was changed.  Remember the Old Man telling the Story to an Audience under a Tree?  When he ended the story where Rong Zhi died, the Audience objected to the "Sad Ending".   So the old Story Teller said:  "Alright, Alright.  What if I change the Story to a Happy Ending?".  The Audience agreed.  And the Old Story Teller narrate an Entirely New Story.

Thank you @hush puppyfor explaining. Yep I remember this scene. Although IMO it's kinda lazy script writing. Still expecting a scene to link the both story. So it makes more sense. Hahahaha... 

Still a fan of UL though. SWL is super hot in here. I really can't believe he was still 17 when filming this drama. He looked and act so maturely. So proud of him. :fullofhearts:

Oh yea, I also loooveee the ending theme song of UL. I dont know the lyric, but it sounded sadly romantic. :heart:

Edited by iamlegend
  • Like 1

(Posted on: Wednesday, 11 November 2020)

Extracts From His Recent Magazine Interview:

He didn't return home before filming for "A League Of Nobleman" started.  He went to Xiangshan directly.

It's been late night shoots, right from the start - he filmed from day till night for consecutive days.  Work ends at about 12midnight to 3am.  

He worries about his "lines" and performance all day long. He is stressed, has no appetite and often does not bother to eat.

At times like this, seeing his family on video-calls, is like "Heaven" and a "Charger".

My Say:

Looks like I was right.  His recent facial problems were not Pimples. They were triggered by "Stress". When one is very busy and Stressed up because of work, it will give rise to "a Cluster of Facial Whiteheads", especially around the Lips and on the Chin  He is determined to do a good job for this Drama.  And I hope he has.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, iamlegend said:

I think she just didnt have the guts to object to the Writer and the producers because it will hurt their relationship. She probably expect to have more collaboration with the producer and the writer in the future. But she still wants to put the blame. So she blame it on the least person that can harm her career. That's my point of view.

Thank you @hush puppyfor explaining. Yep I remember this scene. Although IMO it's kinda lazy script writing. Still expecting a scene to link the both story. So it makes more sense. Hahahaha... 

Still a fan of UL though. SWL is super hot in here. I really can't believe he was still 17 when filming this drama. He looked and act so maturely. So proud of him. 

@iamlegend I agree with you.  Most people dare not antagonise the "Rich and Powerful".  They'll go for the so-called "small flies" who have no means to fight back.  Society will always be like that - Unfair.

Anyway, Novels once sold to the Drama/Movies Production Company, will always be edited by the Scriptwriters.  How much is edited depends on the skill of the Scriptwiters.  But the difference is only in "Degrees".  Because to tell a Story in Print (to read) and on the Screen, entails a different set of skills. 

So Authors should not complain too much. After all they were already paid for their part of the Work. If they want to be so "Pure",  then don't sell your Copyrights and earn Less.  Otherwise they are just being "Hypocrites" themselves.

• Like 2

(Posted on: Thursday, 12 November 2020)

31-year-old Jing Boran’s latest activity photo was exposed, with dry skin and obvious wrinkles, almost unrecognizable

Recently, he participated in a watch brand event in Chengdu. On that day, he was wearing a black suit and black leather shoes. He looked gentleman and full of fashion sense.  But his skin condition triggered Lots of heated discussions.

His decree lines are going down more obviously, and the state of his skin is also a bit pitted. The scary egg muscle that was blown before is completely gone, breaking everyone's perception of him as a "prince".

Jing Boran often attends various brand events. The busy schedule deprive him of a timely rest, which also constituted one of the reasons for bad skin.

This year, he also filmed the TV series "Zhang Gong An" with Song Wei Long.  From the beginning of the show to its closing, it is almost always a big night scene.  And the daily filming hours are very long. As one of the leading actors, Jing Boran will naturally have many roles. In order not to delay his progress, he is almost overworked.

Even Song Wei Long, who is younger than him, also can't bear this kind of ultra-fast shooting. 

My Say:

So Song Wei Long is not the only one suffering from such punishing, daily All Night Filming Schedules.:(

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

(Posted on: Saturday, 14 November 2020)

Just to keep you all updated:

There are a few Rumours about the new projects for  Song Wei Long.   But none has been confirmed:

1)  he lost one because the Female Lead wants an actor with a Major (graduate from an Acting Academy)

2)  he lost another to a more Popular and Better-Established, Older Competitor.  He may end up accepting the Second Male Lead role.

3)  he rejected the second BL project pushed to him by his Boss

4)  there are 2 more "tentative" opportunities.  I hope he can get one.

But I believe things will only get finalised in December 2020.  As most projects will start shooting in January 2021.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

@elis6969 Yeah I know.  Life is never easy.  Especially if you don't come from a strong foundation.  Then you'll need loads of Luck.

@hush puppy hi hi, Ya we all need strong foundation, if push us self confidence and strong self esteem. But the place where he came from, is not only competitive (like other places), education, they more MORE into society, culture, money and CONNECTION. And want to be more successful, YOU must has TON and TON  of connection. IN THEIR CULTURE, HAVING CONNECTION IS NUMBER ONE) YOU WILL RECEIVE TON AND TON OF ROLE..... It sad, but how many of you has so call LUCK in life.   BUT..BUT WE WILL SUPPORT HIM ALL THE WAY...PRAY AND WISH HIS LATEST DRAMA WILL GIVE HIM A

:smashes:big hit:smashes:

• Like 3

The popularity of  Huanyu's (Yu Zheng's) artistes 

It is important to know that most of the entertainers in the entertainment circle rely on filming to gain  popularity and a certain degree of attention. Many actors do not have good resources and have agency companies to help them.  So let’s get to know the number of fans, each of Huanyu's artistes has : 

Song Wei Long is Fourth in popularity

First      :  Transquility (48 years' actress/ 17.15 million fans)

Second :  Xu Kai  (15.23 million fans)

Third     :  Wu Jinyan  (14.26 million fans)

Fourth  :   Song Wei Long  (12.48 million fans)

Firth     :   Bai Lu (11.23 million fans)

Despite all the Support from Yu Zheng, I'm surprised that Bai Lu is in 5th place.  She is churning out Drama after Drama, like nobody's business.

• Insightful 2

(Posted on: Sunday, 15 November 2020)

To @iamlegend and all those who loves  "Untouchable Lovers" and wonder if you have really understood  Rong Zhi  even after watching a few times,  I share here below a wonderful  Review  Of  "Rong Zhi".  See if you have missed out anything :

The novel "Phoenix Prisoner and Phoenix"  was a smash hit back then, especially the hero of the book, Rong Zhi.   I think everyone is familiar with it.  There is a saying in the novel : "When you see it, you can stop your mistakes for a lifetime.  And if you don't see you can stop your mistakes for life."

It's him that I think is amazing. Friends who like to read Gufeng novels know that Rong Zhi is quite popular among Guyan heroes. There are many friends around me who are his fans, and I am one of them.

The novel was adapted into the TV series "Untouchable Lovers" and filmed in January 2017. The ratings are hard to say. It seems the fate of watching the original script being modified  for a TV series is inevitable.  This makes people very helpless. 

However, Rong Zhi played by Song Wei Long in the play is still eye-catching.  The benevolent sees the benevolence and the wise sees wisdom, and there are mixed praises and criticisms.

Here is a chat with everyone about the Rongzhi in my heart, the hero who only exists in the book.

Rong Zhi's setting of a male protagonist is actually relatively rare. He is so bad that he is frank and thorough.  Killing people only at a glance, he will use all means to achieve his goal. His standard for judging everything is whether it is useful or not.   But he is also a true gentleman.  And his gentleness and kindness are also reflected in him.

A person like him who strategizes, it seems that the world is within his calculations.  Regardless of success or failure, he is so calm and unhurried.  His brows are like distant mountains, his eyes are like autumn water, and his gestures are full of indifference like ice and snow.

He has calculated everything, but missed his own heart.  He cannot calculate Princess Chu Yu.

He initially committed himself to Princess Shanyin's Mansion, but it was just another plan that was dormant here.

The princess Liu Chuyu of Shanyin of the Southern Song Dynasty collected beautiful men into the mansion. She was arrogant and self-willed. But Rong Zhi's tolerance naturally made him a favourite.

Things began to change when the princess Liu Chuyu was assassinated, and a girl who looked exactly like the princess replaced her.

This brand new princess Chu Yu, gets along with Rong Zhi. This princess is determined and resolute, daring to love and hate, which is far from the original princess.

Rong Zhi began to re-examine the princess, and even doubted if she was the real princess. After going back and forth, some seeds began sprouting quietly in both their hearts without their realisation.

When Princess Chu Yu was taken to the edge of the cliff by an assasin, Rong Zhi was shakened for the first time.  Rong Zhi jumped down to save Chu Yu. Chu Yu also jumped down after him without any hesitation.   Luckily she was pulled back by Rong Zhi who was hiding in a Cave halfway down the cliff. 

Chu Yu said, “I don’t know why I jumped, I just watched you jump and followed you.” Although Chu Yu also said that with his strategy, he definitely wouldn’t commit suicide. There is another mystery.  What if there is none? This woman is betting her own life!   Rong Zhi was "moved" by her absolute trust in him.

This scene of heroic salvation that seemed to move Chu Yu so much was actually Rongzhi’s strategy. It was a bitter trick performed by Rongzhi, but she didn’t know it at the time.   But of course what Rong Zhi didn't calculated was that, in the process of calculating Chu Yu,  he calculated himself.  He began to fall deeply in love with her

Later, when Rong Zhi was returning to the Northern Wei Dynasty, Chu Yu knew everything and knew that Rong Zhi had been using her all the time. She didn't blame Rong Zhi, but took everything very lightly. There was only one thing she needed to know..  So she asked Rongzhi if she really loved her.  Rongzhi denied it. Chu Yu said a word, which I still remember clearly.

She said, "If you are ruthless, I will rest."  She cut off a piece of her hair and let it flew off in the wind.  Symbolising the end of her love for him(but in her heart it is still there).

After losing Chu Yu, Rong Zhi realized that the woman he had been using, the woman who had been pretending to be affectionate, came into his heart at some unknown time. Those gentle things under the guise of exploiting. Only he knows whether it is "use" or "nature".

We have no way of knowing what kind of attitude Rong Zhi has towards Liu Chuyu, whether he has unknown emotions.  But in my opinion, the person he fell in love with is indeed this brand new Chuyu.

This woman who possesses new ideas and new concepts.  Does not procrastinate nor shows weakness. Only a woman like Chu Yu, free and easy, transparent and open-minded, can win Rong Zhi's favor.

What kind of a person is Rongzhi?

He is the one who counts all the organs, kills and decides.  Is gentle, advances and retreats well, and knows people's hearts.  Getting along with him will not make you feel uncomfortable.   He will think about you everywhere.  First think what you think, and then relieve you of your difficulties.

Once he loves, he will not hesitate to turn back.  He is almost paranoid.  He has been guarding his love.  Even if he does not get it, he will not give up lightly.

He is infatuated and long-lasting.  Saying that he is using it with purpose, but he can endure the taste of thousands of swords for his love.  Even at the cost of his life. Although there are elements of his calculations in these things many times, especially once jumping off a cliff, he can't guarantee that he will retreat completely and will not really die.  But he can't hesitate.

He has a deep heart, killing people only between his lips and teeth. In order to achieve his goals, he disregards feelings, saying that:   "men are not bad and women do not love".   But this is only part of his attraction.

He is proficient in all kinds of music, chess, calligraphy and painting.  Recalling those times when the sound of the music was accompanied by the sound of poetry, he was so irresistible.  Accompanied by a joyful dance in a leisurely manner which is so elegant,  how can one not love him?

He held everything in his palm, victory was glad, and defeat was calm. Even Mount Tai can collapse in front of him without him making a move. That toughness is rare in the world.  Even if his bones are broken, he will naturally wears a bright smile.

You say that he counts the world and speaks madly, afraid to overdo it.  But you don't know that this self-confidence stems from his strength and starts from his cultivation.

He will do anything to win the world.  But for his woman, he could abandon the world.

(What an Ultimate Hero!  What do you think?)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Schinza said:

@hush puppy I'm smiling from ear to ear.. doing my chicken dance.. oh my! Tq so much

Re-watching Find Yourself till then..

TRIVIA: Do you know that there many props & clothings used in FY are reused in Go Ahead? :rolleyes:

@Schinza  Yes I do.  But I don't think it is worth mentioning. So I didn't.  They recycle the dress worn by FY/Yuan Song's stepmum to the Go Ahead/the girl who always want to be an actress-Tang Can's polka dot dress which she wore to the interview.  And another dress worn by FY/FL.  And as you have mentioned - some of the props

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

@Schinza  Yes I do.  But I don't think it is worth mentioning. So I didn't.  They recycle the dress worn by FY/Yuan Song's stepmum to the Go Ahead/the girl who always want to be an actress-Tang Can's polka dot dress which she wore to the interview.  And another dress worn by FY/FL

@hush puppy Aiyoh, why not? Its fun to see them relate FY & GA like that. Hehehe..

• Like 2