[Official Thread] Song Wei Long 宋威龙

hush puppy

(Posted on: Friday, 30 October 2020)

More wishes came in for  Song Wei Long's  5th Anniversary as an Actor on 29 October 2020

(I've translated some of them into English here....:)

1)  My boy.  You have been out for five years!  

The immature white boy on the beach has transformed into a half-baked little man!

The journey has been rough and hard.  But fortunately you are strong inside!

May you be smooth, red and free in the days to come!

Can do what you want, see the scenery you like, and stay with the ones you like!

Come on, my boy!

2) Accompany you in the sixth year of your first five-year contract.  Also did not forget :heart:

3) September just ended.  So many people know you now.

You, who left from a viewing feast, embarked on a new journey - "Zhang Gong-An".

After five years in the industry, you have devoted yourself to each drama and have suffered in silence.  Too many times, there may not be any rewards for your pain.  After a long time, you may still miss the expected results.  Fortunately you know that Life is a long-distance race.....

4) Whether it is accounted for in the line / debut / signing all good five years along the way is hard

Thanks for deciding to be an Actor 5 years ago.

It allows me to have a chance to like you

5) The first fifth anniversary with you.  Will also have the second fifth anniversary, the third fifth anniversary, the fourth...   The point is, to be with you!

6)  Fifth anniversary!  Hard work.  It will definitely gets better and better....:heartxoxo:

7)  Happy 5th Anniversary of Debut!  It seems that everything is changing.  

And nothing has changed....

Click the Link to see how much he has grown, within the 5 years in the Industry. 30 October 2015 - 29 October 2020

Happy 5th Anniversary As An Actor, Song Wei Long !:foryou:

http://t.cn/A6GhqAJM?m=4565647675627134&u=3545894013

And another Video to remind us of His Achievements thus far !

http://t.cn/A6bsV3BO?m=4565642404168869&u=5511189829

• Like 1
  • Love 4

1)   Another video to celebrate  Song Wei Long's  5th Anniversary as an Actor:  (Welcome back Erafera1. Have not seen you for some time:))

http://t.cn/A6GhYRsu?m=4565714910583948&u=1297733321

2)   Another piece of  good news!  Song Wei Long's first Movie: "Catman" (A Fantasy Love Story) will premiere in 2021. It was launched in Seoul, South Korea in 2016 - the year that this drama was made.  I don't know why China took so long to broadcast it.  Song Wei Long was only 16/17 years old then.  Now he is 21 years old already.  His is just a Supporting Role though.

Korean Sehun is the Male Lead. It tells the story of a teenager who was accidentally cursed by a Cat and forced to leave his beloved girl.  9 years later when the curse was about to be broken, the teenager and the girl met unexpectedly

This decision was made at the recent 20th National Cinematic Domestic Film Promotion Conference.  Huace made the announcement today - 30 October 2020.  

Song Wei Long, second from the Right, is so young 17years old!

gs3_7581324681430319558.jpg
  • Love 3

Song Wei Long seems super enthusiastic in the Location Site for Zhang Gong-An. He is playing the Lock Throat Technique with the grandpa

On the 28 October, a netizen exposed a photo of Jing Boran and Song Wei Long’s new play "Zhang Gong An". In the photo, the two stars look handsome, which is very exciting.

The netizen said Song Wei Long looks  very handsome indeed,  in a light blue costume.

While waiting for the old artist (grandpa) to put on makeup, Song Wei Long wandered  around by himself. Then he joked around his colleague's neck and played the "throat choke". He laughed and talked with his colleague. The relationship looked great.

Before the shooting, the instructor taught Song Wei Long how to take the props. During the shooting, Song Wei Long supported the old, white-headed grandfather with one hand and started shooting with the props in the other hand. After that, he walked around the market all by himself. 

I wonder if this show can become a hit?  Really looking forward to it !

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1

(Posted on: Saturday, 31 October 2020)

Today I'll do something different!

Share some "gossips" from the Net:

1)  Song Wei Long’s assisting team are all from his family, his mother and sister.  His second sister manages him.  Which is why she follows him everywhere.  But he still has the right to speak.

Some time ago, he was ridiculed for having bad skin. During this time, his mother was looking for formulas everywhere.  She usually joins the crew to take care of his food and make sure he eats well. 

My Say:

This is only natural.  Since he is still young.  And he became an Actor for the  sake of the family.  Family members can calm his nerves and give him peace of mind.

But with his new, growing status, I hope he will get a professional team.  At least:

- a Professional Manager - someone who can look for the right projects and takes good care of him

- a Public Relations Manager - to calm the "storms" and shore up his image

(What do you all say ?)

2)  Jing Boran and Song Wei Long

The main fan target of the Dangai (BL) drama is the "Fujoshi" (girls who like BL Mangas).  Therefore, after most of the Dangai projects are established, a series of "rot" (emphasis on the BL factors) selling operations will be started to warm up. 

However, Jing Boran and Song Wei Long's delayed, reformed project does not seem to take this ordinary path. The drama has been filmed for a while, and corresponding media interviews have been organized.  But Jing Boran and Song Wei Long seem to have no plans to sell "corruption". 

In fact, Jing Boran and Song Wei Long did not stop marketing, but had to wait. After all,  the show started after the "tearing" incident.  There were many "moths".

The current crew's temporary stoppage is the insurance practice to avoid "extraneous branches". Jing Boran has always been a natural dish in the base circle.   Song Wei Long is  quite superior in appearance.  The acting skills of the two are not particularly slow.  So this "Zhang Gong An" does have the potential to explode.  The project team should plan some Exciting Marketing.  Not wanting to become popular in advance, is reasonable.

3)  From a Blogger. On "Zhang Gong-An"  

Judging from the adapted posters, this style of painting is very suspenseful.  Which is undoubtedly a great feeling for those who like suspense.

Recently, the editor also saw the exposure of "Zhang Gongan" by media.

The pictures released were well liked by many netizens and book fans. They even look forward to the roles played by these two actors. The effect should be very good when it is eventually broadcast. You must know that Zhang Gong's case is a suspenseful theme. In a TV series, the selection of people is naturally very strict, and Jing Boran is undoubtedly the best candidate for the protagonist.

The editor also expressed his optimism about  Song Wei Long.   He believes Song Wei Long is very online and can easily interprete his role.

From the perspective of Song Wei Long’s lens, his clothes, feelings and temperament are quite in line with the characters in the book. I believe that after the show is released, it will be praised by many people.  The editor personally feels Song Wei Long should also be very popular after this drama.  Because this is Song Wei Long's first suspense drama, which is extremely challenging.  And it is precisely because of this, he can achieve more breakthroughs.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

(Posted on: Saturday, 31 October 2020)

Song Wei Long says:  "Happy.  End of filming.  This was the latest I had stayed up my whole life!"

Seems like Song Wei Long wraps up filming today! This is a short drama.  Only 24 episodes. His post was uploaded at 5.52am this morning.  Which means they filmed till Dawn.  

No wonder his face broke out in Acnes.  But those were not Pimples.  Those were triggered by Stress.  (And here I am, thinking they might need another week or two :w00t:)

Notes (Inserted on 30 December 2020)

Actually Jing Boran left the filming first because he has another drama to shoot in September 2020.

Song Wei Long only finished shootings on 29 November 2020.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

(Posted on: Sunday, 31 October 2020)

Jing Boran and Song Wei Long's  "Zhang Gong-An" has completed it's filming?  Can quality be guaranteed with just two months of filming? - The true story

The second day after the media's photos of "Zhang Gong An" came out, the famous producer, Liu Haoren, posted a blog at five o'clock in the morning, saying that "Z" was happy and had the longest night in my life! At the same time, a picture of "shut down in 0 seconds" was released to celebrate the completion.

Netizens speculated that the "Z" in the production population should refer to "Zhang Gong An".

So, is it the double male lead drama "Zhang Gong An" starring Jing Boran and Song Wei Long?

Producer Liu Haoren plays mystery and does not indicate whether "Z" is "Zhang Gong An"  or not !

However, judging from the two dramas he handcrafted :

Jing Boran and Song Wei Long's "Zhang Gong An"

(Society Of The Four Leaves),

- Huang Xuan and Wang Yibo's "Feng Qi Luoyang"

(Winds From Luoyang),

the one starting with "Z" should be "Zhang Gong An"!

Fans can't help but worry about the quality of this show!

Is the filming of  "Zhang Gong An" really finished?  It started on August 28, just 2 months. The shooting speed is too fast, right? Can the quality be guaranteed so fast?:(

My Say:

I think so.  Even before they start filming, it is already stated that work must be completed  within 2 months.  Because Jing Boran will begin shooting another drama - "The Psychologist"  in November 2020.  

So now  "Zhang Gong An" will proceed to the Post-Production stage.

Jing Boran has  "The Psychologist".  I hope  Song Wei Long  will secure another project soon.  There are rumours.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him.  Hope to be able to bring the Good News to you all.  

• Love 5

On 10/28/2020 at 3:27 PM, hush puppy said:

It sets me pondering too.  Trying to answer this question.  I finally believe a good part of it,  is because  Song Wei Long is too straight-forward:  with his Fans, the General Public and with his colleagues and Boss.  To purposely please others is not his Style. 

I've been absent for awhile. So it seems like I have so much to catch up to here. hahahha. Although I couldn't agree more with you here @hush puppy He is so straight forward. Just being who he is. No sugar coating his personality which I found very attractive and adorable. Also, if I may add, I got the sense that he is very humble. Doesn't want to brag or show too much about his ability or achievement. That's why sometimes it makes him stay under the radar. So that's my opinion. :D

• Like 4

(Posted on: Sunday, 1 November 2020)

1)   Click the Link below to see:

How  Song Wei Long  is quite Popular in Thailand too. This is a 2018 video.  When "Untouchable Lovers" was aired in Thailand. Who says Song Wei Long did not do well in "UL" ?

http://t.cn/A62NMSrT?m=4511090753620482&u=3625140783

2)   Enjoy a second video of  18 years old  Song Wei Long  doing an interview-fashion shoot for Louis Vutton. Still very diffident, innocent and humble

http://t.cn/E5AGufC?m=4329883003683914&u=6174310357

3)   A 19 years old Song Wei Long in fashion shoot for Ellemen

http://t.cn/A6GA7a4x?m=4566385952822549&u=5931866836

• Like 3

On 10/18/2020 at 5:06 PM, hush puppy said:

Investors like him though.  A few months ago, an investor suggested him for a project.  But the Female Lead objected.  What I do not like is, she not only objected, but also bad-mouthed him to the investor. I will not name names.  But I can give you a hint.  She looks cute.  Has been in the running for the Golden Eagle Goddess Title a few times in the past but has never won.

A few days ago, another investor wanted Song Wei Long for an upcoming big project.  Again the Female Lead objected.  This FL has won the Golden Eagle Goddess Award before. Looks gorgeous. She only became popular in recent years.  Reason given:  She only want to work with actors with a major - who have graduated from acting academies.  How arrogant. 

I was sooo curious. I know that you dont want to name names. But perhaps you can give us intial? hahaha i want to know who are the these arrogant ladies. When SWL get his big break and becomes more successful, im sure they will regret their decision to turn him down. <_<

• Like 2

On 11/1/2020 at 10:50 AM, iamlegend said:

I've been absent for awhile. So it seems like I have so much to catch up to here. hahahha. Although I couldn't agree more with you here @hush puppy He is so straight forward. Just being who he is. No sugar coating his personality which I found very attractive and adorable. Also, if I may add, I got the sense that he is very humble. Doesn't want to brag or show too much about his ability or achievement. That's why sometimes it makes him stay under the radar. So that's my opinion. :D

@iamlegend  Welcome back!  We miss you.  Where have u been?

"My last post about how our  Song Wei Long could be more Popular is more of a Hypothesis.  That is -  A  Song Wei Long  which the general audience wants.  

Not a Song Wei Long  who the Fans (including all of Us) know and love.  We are drawn towards him because:

-  he is Different from other Actors

-  he is Humble, Kind, Sincere, Honest, Innocent, Gentle, Unpretentious.  Simply said:  We Get What We See (WGWWS)

If he changes himself for the Sake of Popularity,  our Impression of him will also shift correspondingly.  Maybe, we may not like him anymore.

The General Audience always make "unreasonable demands" of  Song Wei Long:

In Acting/ Go Ahead e.g.:  They wanted him to be like Steven Zhang.

- When his mother first came back & visited him in his school, the audience compared his response to SZ meeting his father for the first time.  Criticising Song Wei Long for being "Wooden"

My say:   How can they make such a comparison.  SZ has never met his father before. He is full of  Contempt for him and nothing else.  He has never known his father.

(Whereas SWL's is a "mixture of emotions".  He hated his mother for leaving him.  Simultaneously, he also long for her.  He is a child still "thirsting"  for her maternal love.  Which is why at the very last moment, he blurted out:  "Why Didn't You Love Me?"Song Wei Long's Ling Xiao also has Guilt, which is forced upon him from when he was 7 years old.   So his should be a more Subdued and Complicated Response.  One that even Ling Xiao  cannot explain)

I will not waste time to decode the ridiculous nature of the general Audience.  Suffice to say that they are the ones who are "Wooden" in their Expectations and Interpretations of a Story and how A Good Actor should be.

Coming back to our Discussions, what I want to finally say is that - That is Life!

At times, it is so difficult to remain True to ourselves;  To be ourselves.

And I guess, this must be Song Wei Long's Dilemma for the Past Two Years of Soul-Searching.    That is why in his last Magazine Interview with Burberry, he said he has been a Hypocrite to complain.  He must have reached the same Consensus as how we felt now.  And that is Life!  Just go with the Flow

My Final Statement:  Yes. I Agree With You.  

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

(Posted on: Monday, 2 November 2020)

1)  In January 2018, 18years old  Song Wei Long premiers on the runway in Milan, Italy.  He took time off to introduce some interesting spots:

a) Mr Car Restaurant where all food are served in quaint miniature vehicles   

b) Carla Sozzani Art Gallery   c) Street Art

Click the Link below to see:

http://t.cn/A6G268iw

2)  After "Zhang Gong An", his boss wants him to film another BL Drama.  Song Wei Long  refused and is fuming mad. I wonder how he can extricate himself  from this problem.  He had just decided to be obedient and smooth out his relationship with his Boss.  And now this happens.  He is not "Popular" enough to walk-out.

I hope he can source for himself - another Masterpiece.

Can you all understand now why he is so rebellious?  Why he never star in in-house projects?

• Like 3

(Posted on: Monday, 2 November 2020)

Song Wei Long  ranked 7th on TC Candler List of  "The 100 Most Handsome Faces In Asia Pacific 2020".  Congratulations !!

Comments On  Song Wei Long  From

1) Sense Magazine:  Won’t get sick of his looks. Can be both cute and cool.  Acting is clean and neat  

2) A Fan :   It felt like winter when i first saw you.  Like spotting a bit of green amidst a mass of white snow.   My heart skipped a beat!

1) Xiao Zhan (China) 2) OhSe-hun (Korean)  3) Cai Xu-kun (China) 4) Che Yin-you (Korean)  5) Wang Yi-bo (China) 6) Baek-Hyun (Korean)

TCC is a well-known film website in the United States, which has selected the "Top 100 Faces" since 1990. Fan voting is an important basis for the selection of the list. Authorities and the media determine the final result.

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1

(Posted on: Tuesday, 3 November 2020)

1)  Click to watch a short clip on  "Zhang Gong An":

http://t.cn/A6GULoxR

2)  A cute and interesting video:P on  Song Wei Long:

http://t.cn/A6GUflYi

3 )  Song Wei Long sent a box of the Vinda Tissue-Papers which he endorses, to Jing Boran.  Jing Boran jokingly praises him for filial piety!:w00t:  - in his Weibo.  Another pair of male protagonists begin to interact....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

(Posted on: Tuesday, 3 November 2020)

A Little Tit-Bits From The Side-Lines

Song Wei Long  has always suffered from a lot of gossips and untruths about his Love Life. 

One of  his rumoured girlfriends is Zhou Yu-tong, his co-star from  "Long For You".

Now, Zhou Yu-tong has a new drama -  "Begin Again".  And Song Wei Long sportingly supported her by promoting it in his weibo.

Thus proving that they are only good friends.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1