[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

3 hours ago, Lbpg said:

I got a bit more info on the skit. Here's what friend said, from the start:

"A few tidbits so far: 
After they did the intro dancing, the lady in white ratted out cfy and said hey you didn't really dance.  Cfy says I forgot hahaha. The tall guy from the movie also got ratted for not dancing 

When they were standing together the lady asked them all to sit down because between these two very tall guys she looks like she's on her knees 

Then the next portion is that each of them is to perform a talent that their dads requested.  pretty sure that's where shallow comes from.  They have to guess which of the people on the left is going to perform the talent and the people on the left will try to convince that they are the one.  Don't quite understand the 1st one, I think it's a special way to put on colored contacts?  The boys were almost immediately eliminated but they tried tell stories.  Cfy says his dad asked him to wear it  because he has the smallest eyes in the family and the contacts will make them bigger lol. of course nobody believed him but he kept on with it as if he hasn't heard them.  I can see that he actually might be pretty funny in real life, like more of a dry sense of humor.  

So it turns out to be the Not Haotian girl - I am so bad with the names, to be the winner.  She basically puts on some contacts but flicking it in on the back of her nail.  Silence Wong looked a bit grossed out by it lol

The next talent in happy camp is who is the school announcer. They didn't believe cfy because his face was red when he was telling his story and they could tell he was lying hehe"

He's so pure, love it. I think I mistated it, it wasn't guess who did that performance but who has performed in a cafe or who sings while playing guitar or something like that, maybe? My friend is still watching the show so I'll post more updates when I hear back from her! 

Thank you so much! Finished watching a while ago, but I need a rewatch LOL. Will do that later! I did figure out the guessing game, but your friend's description really helped. I may add that the lady in white is Xie Na, one of Happy Camp's hosts & a celebrity with the largest weibo followers (more than 100 millions). 

I chuckled at CFY's contact lenses anecdote. Nope, I don't believe that either, hahahah! And I laughed hard when he forgot to help Yang Chaoyue climb the wall! Poor girl was looking at the wall helplessly before he finally turned around to her rescue :joy:. There goes his gentleman reputation!!!

I'll be blunt: I thought this Happy Camp episode was rather dull. I don't know why they couldn't make a Father's Day celebration theme exciting. The guessing game is interesting but not that thrilling IMO. The last game (in which CFY forgot to help YCY) is better though.

HLD is quite competitive, eh? :))) I like the girl more and more. She seems down to earth, with a no-nonsense attitude, but still quite playful. Just read two interesting stories about her. The first one discusses the Back to Field episode with CFY and her, and the writer praises HLD for quietly helping Huang Lei, one of the hosts (in the kitchen?). The other one is a post in Zhihu (China's equivalent of Reddit), written by someone who attended one of the MBS roadshows. He/she said that CFY-HLD are close backstage, and their interactions are  just like GG & YH :))). He/she also mentions CFY playing the guitar and HLD singing. I think I've seen this guitar playing and singing together...

• Love 2

17 hours ago, Lbpg said:

CFY's singing is trending in weibo. The machine translations are hilarious, but I guess bottom line is that the world is catching up to us ;)

https://m.weibo.cn/search?containerid=231522type%3D1%26t%3D10%26q%3D%23陈飞宇 嗓音%23&extparam=%23陈飞宇 嗓音%23&luicode=10000011&lfid=231522type%3D61%26q%3D%23陈飞宇%23%26t%3D0

Yep! It seem that not many people know that he can sing so well.

He gained more fans after this was trending too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Just want to see YuHuai's smile...

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4383848897927724/4383849070615828

All the scenes in this tenement they live in are so beautifully shot. And while that's a heartbreak smile, he pulls it out of nowhere to make his mom happy. So sad

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Okay he is not wearing tux tonite...

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4383859463389288/4383859820569968

That outfit is uhhhhh.. What is that? Lol. Missed opportunity! I like it better with the leather shoes in the other shots, though it's still ugly! 

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, caranita said:

Thank you so much! Finished watching a while ago, but I need a rewatch LOL. Will do that later! I did figure out the guessing game, but your friend's description really helped. I may add that the lady in white is Xie Na, one of Happy Camp's hosts & a celebrity with the largest weibo followers (more than 100 millions). 

Ha! Thanks! You can tell where our focus is. It's CFY then everyone else LOL. The girls in our convo were the haotian girl and the non-haotian girl, etc...

I chuckled at CFY's contact lenses anecdote. Nope, I don't believe that either, hahahah! And I laughed hard when he forgot to help Yang Chaoyue climb the wall! Poor girl was looking at the wall helplessly before he finally turned around to her rescue :joy:. There goes his gentleman reputation!!!

Omg what is it with him and happy camp, making him show weird sides lol. Last time he dumped that girl like a trash bag over the bar, remember? Hahaha

HLD is quite competitive, eh? :))) I like the girl more and more. She seems down to earth, with a no-nonsense attitude, but still quite playful. Just read two interesting stories about her. The first one discusses the Back to Field episode with CFY and her, and the writer praises HLD for quietly helping Huang Lei, one of the hosts (in the kitchen?). The other one is a post in Zhihu (China's equivalent of Reddit), written by someone who attended one of the MBS roadshows. He/she said that CFY-HLD are close backstage, and their interactions are  just like GG & YH :))). He/she also mentions CFY playing the guitar and HLD singing. I think I've seen this guitar playing and singing together...

Aww that's nice to hear! I hadn't seen that and it hadn't really come across to me that they even enjoyed each other's company that much during the road shows.. I had seen a short vid of them goofing around with his guitar, but nothing Nana style, not sure if this gets close. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

CFY by Dior for Weibo Award

More info on the vest: https://www.irenebrination.com/irenebrination_notes_on_a/2019/01/dior-maw-19.html 

It seems the artwork is from this artist. Interesting article, too, his themes tend to be politically charged: https://frieze.com/article/raymond-pettibon

15 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

There is longer version from this about 1:37 minutes, but i cant download it and share in here. I was melting by his gaze and serious stare... Omg omg... And then came the anti climax geezz...

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4383942145716832/4383942867980252

Ahahahaha you are seeing the whole movie in bits and pieces LOL! Yes this is the confession followed by the question about his acting quality. Hahahaha

Can you post the original link to the longer one? (sorry just noticed you said you couldn't download it, but is there a link to it elsewhere? Lol I wanna see!) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

Can you post the original link to the longer one? (sorry just noticed you said you couldn't download it, but is there a link to it elsewhere? Lol I wanna see!) 

Yeah i am trying to find, i think i have to install another app, i have installed one but they ask for cellphone number but the digit is less than my number LOL, wait for me ok... Hopefully there is someone uploaded it on weibo or else where, actually there are some clips i have posted here that also have longer version. If i can managed have those, i will share in here.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

Part of interview is about time between now and when school starts:

"About how he wants to spend his downtime before school starts, he said he wanted to spend it with his family because with school and becoming an adult the time to spend with family will be less and less in the future. Also that the thing he look forward the most in school is to make new friends because he doesn't have a lot of close friends right now. Ugh not the first time I detected that bit of sadness in this kid in interviews, just want to give him a hug sometimes"

You and I both! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you very much, @epinklyn!!! You're the best, always bringing in new pictures and videos, even the hardest to find!

Glad to have him in Weibo Movie Night, getting awards and stuff, although I'm sure you all have known that Weibo awards are mostly PR stuff. Weibo will give out awards to anyone attending :) but it doesn't lessen the importance of going to that event. Weibo is one of the largest social media on the planet, so of course the big names will be there to promote their works. From the internet I saw Zhang Ziyi, Wu Jing, Hu Ge, Deng Chao, Zhou Dongyu... whoa! Including my loves Jing Boran, Yao Chen :wub:... and of course our boy! 

I'm with @Lbpg, I hate his outfit tonight. What was his stylist thinking??? I know he's probably bound by Dior, but they could've chosen something more elegant while keeping the youthful tone! (Example: Jackson Yi who came with Zhou Dongyu). It doesn't suit his personality as well! 

(PS. Thanks for the article about the Dior top, @Lbpg. I'm wondering if Arthur agreed to wear it because the painting has a story behind it. Maybe he feels he's conveying a statement? It's interesting but I still hate it LOL. An exclusive, certainly very expensive item which looks cheap.)

Here's the Google-translated transcript of the interview.  URL: http://www.shanglingzhuangshi.com/ent/795011.html

Weibo Movie Night Exclusive Dialogue Chen Feiyu

Sina Entertainment News On June 16, 2019 Sina Weibo movie night was held in Shanghai, and actor Chen Feiyu accepted an exclusive interview with Sina Entertainment.

Chen Feiyu’s second film, "The Best of Us," is in the heat, and has already exceeded 300 million box office. In the film, Chen Feiyu gave his first screen "Keep Kiss". He revealed that before the filming, he and his opponent's actress He Lanju did not discuss it in advance, but just drank a little wine with the director to make himself more engaged.

Chen Feiyu, who is going to the Beijing Film Academy, is experiencing the last summer vacation before the university. He said that he will accompany his family. Chen Feiyu, who has participated in school associations such as Go, Poetry, and Pottery, hopes to make more friends after college. As for his girlfriend, Chen Feiyu said that there is no specific idea yet, but if he falls in love, he will not disclose it. The type of mother Chen Hong.

Acting against the brothers, taking a kiss, drinking, drinking first

Sina Entertainment: How do you feel when you come to Weibo Movie Night today?

Chen Feiyu: I am very excited, because this is my first movie night, and I came to the movie night with "The Best of Us".

Sina Entertainment: This is the second time you have taken the lead in the movie. Is it more experienced than the first time?

Chen Feiyu: I can't talk about any experience, because it is also a year away. From the first to the second film, the time span is not particularly long. The main creative, whether it is home or actor, is very helpful to me. Big.

Sina Entertainment: I heard that in "Best of Us", did you give the first kiss on the screen?

Chen Feiyu: It was the first time that I was kissed strongly, so this is a challenge. When I was shooting this game, I didn’t discuss it with teasing (He Lanjiao).

Sina Entertainment: Will not be very shy?

Chen Feiyu: No. Before the filming, I had two or three days without saying anything, so I was immersed in that character, and I drank a little bit of wine, a little drunk. I usually drink with the director.

Sina Entertainment: "The best of us" is the same grade as you, do you think it is easier to play?

Chen Feiyu: The 18-year-old summer is the best for me. I am only 18 years old in my life. However, it is a little difficult to play, because it may be 18 years old today, and it may take 25 years old to play tomorrow. It takes a long time to speculate. I can't understand what a 25-year-old thinks. As far as my observations are concerned, boys and young boys who are in their youth have a degree in doing things. Older men or boys. Things will be more convergent than the 18-year-old boy.

Sina Entertainment: This time in the "Best of Us" play the tyrants, what do you think is the characteristics of Xueba?

Chen Feiyu: It is not hard to learn without a hegemony (laugh). From small to large, my grades are not particularly good, so I don't belong to the class of Xueba. This kind of thing can't be played. I hope that every time I play a show, there are different things. In order to play this drama, I asked my brother for a moment. He is a kind of person who does not study very much, but his grades are full marks.

Sina Entertainment: "The Best of Us", now the box office has exceeded 300 million. As an actor, why do you think there is such a good result?

Chen Feiyu: Just over three hundred hours ago two hours ago. Whether it is from the beginning of preparation, the process of shooting, or even the later stage, everyone is the one who pays the true best for "The Best of Us". We waited for 11 months and wanted to get back the memory points of each student's time. "The Best of Us" is a movie for all the audience.

Falling in love will not openly choose a girlfriend to favor her mother Chen Hong type

Sina Entertainment: Many high school students will give themselves a special summer vacation before going to college. What kind of summer vacation do you plan to give yourself before you go to college this year?

Chen Feiyu: More time to spend time with family members. Whether it is academic or career, the time spent with family is getting less and less. I hope that I can spend more time with my family and eat and have dinner with them.

Sina Entertainment: What are your expectations for the upcoming university life?

Chen Feiyu: I look forward to making a lot of friends because I don't have a particularly good friend at my side. Friends are especially important, more friends, more roads, so I hope that I can make more friends at the university. I like everyone to be together, whether it is playing basketball or doing some charity. I like the feeling of gathering.

Sina Entertainment: Is there a favorite association?

Chen Feiyu: I have participated in the community of Go, the community of poetry, and the longest group I have participated in is the pottery art. It has become an elective course for me. Pottery has a great help for my acting and can help me to be quiet. Come down, because when you are doing ceramics, there will be no interference, you can't use it with one heart, you can't jump out and think about things.

Sina Entertainment: In addition to making friends, are there any specific plans, such as falling in love?

Chen Feiyu: Falling in love is a fate. I won't look for it specifically. I don't think so.

Sina Entertainment: What type of girl do you like?

Chen Feiyu: I may not choose the girl in "The Best of Us". I am not sure yet. Maybe my son is more inclined to mother. If my mother is 30 years old, I may choose my mother. of.

Sina Entertainment: This standard is too high.

Chen Feiyu: It seems to be.

Sina Entertainment: Are you a person who will openly fall in love?

Chen Feiyu: I think that falling in love is a personal matter of personal affairs. If there is a relationship, I will not tell a lot of people.

Sina Entertainment: Weibo Movie Night is a movie event. As a new movie, what are your expectations for the future?

Chen Feiyu: I have always been very grateful to have the opportunity to participate in "Best of Us". At such a age, I can participate in such a good role. I hope that I can continue to improve and learn more and create more real roles in the future. (阿辉/文)

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, caranita said:

Thank you very much, @epinklyn!!! You're the best, always bringing in new pictures and videos, even the hardest to find!

All you ladies are awesome with all this hard to find stuff! I really miss having a computer at home... Searching for all this stuff on the phone is so inconvenient... I'm so grateful for all of you too (and yes, especially @epinklyn, she's got mad Google Fu skills, I tell you! Haha) 

I'm with @Lbpg, I hate his outfit tonight. What was his stylist thinking??? I know he's probably bound by Dior, but they could've chosen something more elegant while keeping the youthful tone! (Example: Jackson Yi who came with Zhou Dongyu). It doesn't suit his personality as well! 

(PS. Thanks for the article about the Dior top, @Lbpg. I'm wondering if Arthur agreed to wear it because the painting has a story behind it. Maybe he feels he's conveying a statement? It's interesting but I still hate it LOL. An exclusive, certainly very expensive item which looks cheap.)

Agreed - tone, personality, look in general.. That image of him accepting the award in that outfit really stood in stark contrast to the outfit he wore to the award he received for EN (the one with the "I am your father" slip. Classic haha) he looked so elegant there. 

It could be a statement, though, for sure. My friend, ever so insightful, made the following comment:

"It looks like Dior is going into a different direction, their cloths is a lot roomier and boxier then before. Dior was infamous for its super skinny suits, Karl Largerfeld loss all that weight because he wanted to fit into them. Ahhh cfy you're born too late, you would look so good in them"

Agreed wholeheartedly! The slim-fitting outfits he wears sometimes are so, so good on him, like that white one Dior put him in for the event in Chengdu back in April, I think it was. The cherry blossoms on pants led the outfit to be denominated by us as the "Dior butt blossoms" era, sexy hair and all. ;)

Here's the Google-translated transcript of the interview.  URL: http://www.shanglingzhuangshi.com/ent/795011.html

Yay! Thanks for this as well! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1