[Thai BL Drama 2019] Theory of Love ทฤษฎีจีบเธอ

Jin_mi

23 hours ago, deltos said:

:joy: Seriously !  Awful is an understatement...based on what I've read, seeing it on screen it would be like watching Circus Soleil .." how'd they do that? " 

Ok see now...I've got to go and pull up the Shake MV...:lol:

Well the answer to how did they do that was : Khai got the red circle, then Third got the blue one...the game continued for ten minutes until Two (who was half wrapped around Un whilst stuck on green, yellow and purple) found a hand free and was able to call for paramedics to come and separate everybody. :) Bone's video went viral in under nine minutes.

There could be entire forums on the subject...

I liked the fact that they did the two versions of Shake, the actors' version being slower and puts a question mark over the words, whereas Boy Sompob's upbeat version suggests that all will be well.

• LOL 1

On 8/14/2019 at 2:12 AM, tiny06 said:

You say there's nothing left. I agree. Mainly in the case of HCTM, but in this particular case I guess there's the opportunity of creating a new adventure, you know, I just think it's fair to have the curiosity to see how a half supernatural half human gay couple would face normal people problems, And Ohm's character itself, he's a non stereotypical gay in love with a ghost, and also been open to a new world(the gay world)

Coming back to TOL, They can have a satisfying ending, and they will have. but now, this moments we're having in this late episodes should have taken more time, or maybe they could go further, but seems that in this bl Thai world is just about complete the adaptation of the novel, and done. C'mon We're never getting a BL series with the same amount of seasons as friends or big bang  theory?!

I really liked HCTM. There are all sorts of problems down the line but I think they are better left in our heads, each to his own ideas.

As for TOL, I am not happy with Third's acceptance of Khai. Throughout the previous episodes I have seen the pair as a couple but in all the wrong senses of the word. It is like watching a battered wife (and it can be mental as well as physical) constantly maltreated by the womanising husband (is there a word men-ising ?). He lets her down, apologises and makes good for a wee while and then the cycle continues. If she even manages to summon up the courage to leave he will do everything to get her back. It's all about power and she is so easy to convince that ; this time it will be different !

I really do not want to open up the subject too much, as it can be dreadfully complicated and I am trying to remain simplistic, but to me this is Khai and the way he treats Third. I know that love is blind but what is it that Third sees in Khai ? He put his finger on the point that Khai only loves himself. That Ching-Ching initiated the kiss doesn't undermine the statement. Khai was not happy because that kiss stopped him from getting what HE wanted.

By Episode 15 Khai will be back to his old ways and I feel so sad for Third.

In respect to your final point. Long running series need great writers with oodles of creative ideas. For every 'Friends' there have been hundreds of failed series, some of which were actually good but could only corner a small audience (in TV terms) and that doesn't bring in the advertisers. Ultimately every story should have a natural, satisfying ending that allows the reader/watcher to continue the story in their own way. When Love Sick 2 went beyond the novel, people complained that there were now too many extra characters with B stories that they were not interested in. Even in these short series you can read people saying, as they did for Sotus : I just skip the bits with C and D, not interested. Too much time spent with E and F.

We are a fickle lot :)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

48 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Well the answer to how did they do that was : Khai got the red circle, then Third got the blue one...the game continued for ten minutes until Two (who was half wrapped around Un whilst stuck on green, yellow and purple) found a hand free and was able to call for paramedics to come and separate everybody. :) Bone's video went viral in under nine minutes.

There could be entire forums on the subject...

I now have coffee on my keyboard....again !:joy: What makes this even funnier is OG actually played this game on their reality show last season

13 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

When Love Sick 2 went beyond the novel, people complained that there were now too many extra characters with B stories that they were not interested in

There actually is a guy on YT that edited thee entire season and took out all the side stories from season 2...funny thing, it actually hung together...

14 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

We are a fickle lot :)

So true...there are BL series that I have watched..3-4 times and others I'm still trying to recover brain cells from watching. :crazy:  And here's another random observational piece having nothing to do with the conversation but it's 7AM here and the coffee hasn't kicked in because I had to go and make another cup :  why is it that at  Thai Fanmeets, special Siam Mall appearances etc...you see no guys ?  I mean I know I wouldn't plot down 250 usd to go and look at two actors on a stage...nonetheless you rarely see any at these events. A very different view from Taiwan - you always have guys in the audience...on stage playing those games ( pocky stick has to go ! )and generally interacting.  :phew:

On 8/14/2019 at 2:56 AM, deltos said:

The closest to a multiple episode/multiple season  BL series has been LoveSick ,  there were 12 Episodes in season one and 36 Episodes in season 2. TWM has had 3 seasons of maxtul. But that's about it for longevity.

I see two problems with the genre:
1) Most if not all are based on BL novels- when you run out of novel you run out of story...Shows like the ones you mentioned are original - you can just keep writing episodes until you run out of ideas or the rating drop ... Not so much with these BL series - they are done when the story is done. Now the brilliance exists when you have directors and screen writers who can adapt the novel and give you a little more ( HCTM, TOL, 2M2) and still they face the same when the novel is done. it's done.

2) Most of the actors are st8 guys trying to break into the business and will give one or two seasons - after that they want to transition into mainstream series. They don't want to be locked down into BL...It's not like you have out gay actors in these roles...who could perhaps hang in there for the long haul...Since no one has come out...I can only assume ( gaydar not withstanding) they all are str8. MaxTul maybe the exception - legends. They go all in and do what has to be done..and get paid  and they do other series/movies too that are not BL...but they know where their bread and butter resides. 

So maybe, there is a screen writer out there will to pitch something original ( trope free). Only time will tell until then...we go with what we have.  Now I am hoping that TOL will have an extended last episode like HCTM...longer than an hour. That would be nice.

I should have scrolled down before writing my previous post as you make a number of valid points.

Most of these stories run on pretty much the same idea. Boy meets wrong partner, it will now take 12 episodes to find the right one. Meanwhile one of the other characters will suddenly find that they have feelings for character number four (or perhaps Two !) There will be a few misunderstandings that prevent our Boy from achieving his goal during episodes 7 and 8. By episode 11 were are on to a winner and we tie everything up in episode 12.

The only way to keep a series going is to have enough main characters who lead separate lives but interact at the bar/apartment/hospital/police station... As the years pass these characters will rarely have just the one partner, some may marry multiple times. That is a long way from what a BL novel is about - getting Boy 1 to meet Boy 2, end of story.

Even follow ups or prequels revolve around the same couple having a fallout over eleven episodes before finding true love again in the finale. It's not about one supporting the other through military service or that rather unfortunate incident where all those advertised products just happen to fall into my shopping bag and I forgot to pay for them.

Oishi - the most stolen product from 7-eleven by customers who own a Toyota !

As you remark none of the actors have suggested that they are anything other than straight no matter how much they play to the crowds at the fan meets or on Instagram. For all that these shows suggest that Thailand is quite accepting I am not certain that away from the big cities that is the case. For a guy to play a gay role for a year or two will undoubtedly cause a certain amount of mud slinging to stick. A straight guy may be able to laugh it off but a gay actor my have an awful time of it - because the speculation by fans is (unbeknown to them) actually true. The current mix and match of roles for the actors is a good thing for them. Look at the dreadful attacks on Krist's girlfriend - did she not realise that he was with Singto ?

Back then to the viewers being prepared to accept a long run BL series where the conventional model is broken. Boy 1 meets Boy 2 but may well move on to Boy 3 in a few months time. We would also have to accept that weeks may pass whilst we deal with other characters before we come back to our man.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 4:51 AM, deltos said:

Remember the novels ? They are written by females for females - aged  (15 - 18 ). They aren't written for us gay men and for years gay men didn't watch because...oh so many reasons...however that is changing. ...So yeah, the winds of change are happening....

Sure that too !  Although I just dropped 70 usd to get the covers of OffGun from their most recent magazine shoot...collectors item... and that's something else has changed, a willingness to ship internationally. While I may not buy a fan meet ticket, I will buy merchandise and goods..and that's money in the coffers for them.  I do stand corrected on one thing - the Taiwanese BL's ( History ) do have a wider audience. 

Things may change when the TV companies realise that the demographic make up of those watching has changed these past few years - or has it ? Do they do any research ? They have never asked me my opinion :)

At that stage they may be able to encourage scriptwriters to try something a little more mature where the plot is a solid thriller or detective story... where two guys may (or may not) end up together. The love story is incidental, not the be all and end all - there again that wouldn't be a BL story would it ?

$70 eh ? Wise and rich :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

14 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Most of these stories run on pretty much the same idea. Boy meets wrong partner, it will now take 12 episodes to find the right one. Meanwhile one of the other characters will suddenly find that they have feelings for character number four (or perhaps Two !) There will be a few misunderstandings that prevent our Boy from achieving his goal during episodes 7 and 8. By episode 11 were are on to a winner and we tie everything up in episode 12.

And they must take place in middle school, high school, or college...Oh wait...if it took place in say, at a place of employment it wouldn't be BL...it would be ML and that's a whole different genre - LOL

17 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Oishi - the most stolen product from 7-eleven by customers who own a Toyota !

:joy:

18 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Look at the dreadful attacks on Krist's girlfriend - did she not realise that he was with Singto ?

Old news...now it's about TayNew...LMAO

1 hour ago, dustinmyeye said:

By Episode 15 Khai will be back to his old ways and I feel so sad for Third.

It's all about redemption...of all the d**khead  characters I've seen he's the only one that has the possibility of redemption...theory being, if he's never known love - when he finds it he will change - cause love changes you... :phew: And Third fell into him Freshman year LAFS...he'd have to pack up and leave to even begin to let Kai go...and that's not happening...so it's waiting for Kai to wake up and meet him where he is... and there we have the novel/series...with some stuff in the middle. We'll see what happens in a few hours...:lol:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Things may change when the TV companies realise that the demographic make up of those watching has changed these past few years - or has it ? Do they do any research ? They have never asked me my opinion :)

Here's the research ...Well why would they ask our opinion..we should be thrilled to see ourselves on screen:P

Spoiler

Boys Love Manga and Beyond: History, Culture, and Community in Japan edited by Mark McLelland, Kazumi Nagaike, Katsuhiko Suganuma, and James Welker 2015 Published by: University Press of Mississippi

https://yattatachi.com/history-of-boy...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-1...

15 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

At that stage they may be able to encourage scriptwriters to try something a little more mature where the plot is a solid thriller or detective story... where two guys may (or may not) end up together. The love story is incidental, not the be all and end all - there again that wouldn't be a BL story would it ?

$70 eh ? Wise and rich :)

Like  Trapped.

Wise ?  Maybe. Rich...ha ! shipping costs...outrageous ! But my sense is that they are at the pinnacle ...so might as well get something collectable now...later it won't matter. :lol:

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

When Love Sick 2 went beyond the novel, people complained that there were now too many extra characters with B stories that they were not interested in.

Agree, lot of french LS2 fans complained it was too long and too much couples to follow. I never understood this fact because more there is love (with problem or not), more peoples have chance to be happy, so finally, every LS2 couples had a happy ending. It was a true blue short saga that let me more than satisfied!

Most of these stories run on pretty much the same idea. Boy meets wrong partner, it will now take 12 episodes to find the right one.

Hopefully, LBC made to tip the scales a little in favor  of opposite side. I was waiting for s2 but since lost any hopes. 

They have never asked me my opinion :)

This is the case for millions and millions, nevertheless,  opinion poll made the trend, and everyone read it! We are all victim and influenced by this system! I think for BL serie they apply the same!

3 hours ago, deltos said:

And they must take place in middle school, high school, or college...Oh wait...if it took place in say, at a place of employment it wouldn't be BL...it would be ML and that's a whole different genre - LOL

Sotus 2 jumped up from school/Uni to industrial firm. WTD 1/2 was constantly into working world, even it was a jet company. They both used same actors used into blue short/black trouser & belt/tie serie.

At that stage they may be able to encourage scriptwriters to try something a little more mature where the plot is a solid thriller or detective story...

Just remind this simple fact that into BL, there is the word BOY, not man. All adolescent dreams are made first for adolescent dreamers. This is the main target, you cement with or not, that's our own choice!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gogole mongol said:

Just remind this simple fact that into BL, there is the word BOY, not man. All adolescent dreams are made first for adolescent dreamers. This is the main target, you cement with or not, that's our own choice!

Yeah for me BL stories are about "les émois" (french word : according to google translate : emotions, stir, flutter, I don't know which one it is) of first love between two boys, that's it. I need to have this beginning of the story, and I like when they do a jump time to give us a fluffy ending, but the most important for me is the beginning.

Even if I'm not the target, that's what I'm into! :D

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Sotus 2 jumped up from school/Uni to industrial firm. WTD 1/2 was constantly into working world, even it was a jet company. They both used same actors used into blue short/black trouser & belt/tie serie.

True, True. WTD was business based and was more ML than BL...I understand fans went blind over a few scenes....:joy: Sotus S. ok...lol

True again...I guess one of my issues is that they make the BOY into a Eunuch...and well...we know that by 13...anyway...they seem to throw a blanket over the feelings that do exist. They don't sit on a shelf until later...but hey..we aren't the target audience...LOL

I hope everyone get to the last episode of TOL...:cry: I believe that water fell from my eyes in a couple of scenes...ok I'l be transparent...I fanboyed on a serious level....It's clear that OG has this symbiotic relationship that shows in their acting...it was so good !

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, deltos said:

I hope everyone get to the last episode of TOL...:cry: I believe that water fell from my eyes in a couple of scenes...ok I'l be transparent...I fanboyed on a serious level....It's clear that OG has this symbiotic relationship that shows in their acting...it was so good !

Oh yeah:wub:

Clearly you were not the only one!!! 

Even if at the beginning I had a lot of doubt about Off acting, thanks to TOL, I change my mind!

It's a bless that Gmmtv pair him with the talented Gun!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, deltos said:

I hope everyone get to the last episode of TOL...:cry: 

As usual, not yet watch it, waiting for subbing. Yes, out and inside of the series, OG show us their charismatic presence without an ounce of effort! We had the chance to see the couple improve, ep after ep, lovely Gun pulling Off toward the best. When you work with a great actor, his talent push you to get better into the same way. Soon a s2?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, gogole mongol said:

As usual, not yet watch it, waiting for subbing. Yes, out and inside of the series, OG show us their charismatic presence without an ounce of effort! We had the chance to see the couple improve, ep after ep, lovely Gun pulling Off toward the best. When you work with a great actor, his talent push you to get better into the same way. Soon a s2?

This episode was like an Hot Fudge ice-cream Sundae.  The subs is the cherry.  I couldn't wait...I'll get my fruit later...Truthfully, even with subs there was no question as to what was happening...What was said, How it was said, and what happened after...2 out of three ain't bad...LOL

• Like 2

Yeah, it was nice ending.:)

:wub:

tumblr_pwe4s7yQCW1rq0e20o4_540.gifv

Spoiler

tumblr_pwe8kg3d7c1xk47oho3_540.gifv

Third is so Gun here.:lol:

1 hour ago, deltos said:

I believe that water fell from my eyes in a couple of scenes...ok I'l be transparent...I fanboyed on a serious level....

I find it cute when you show your fanboy side.:yum:

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, aniola said:

Yeah, it was nice ending.:)

:wub:

tumblr_pwe4s7yQCW1rq0e20o4_540.gifv

it was athough I wondered why they chose a long shot...in further away they would be in our countries.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, aniola said:

tumblr_pwe8kg3d7c1xk47oho3_540.gifv

Third is so Gun here.:lol:

the current theory...and you know there are many is that what we are watching IS Gun and Off...not Kai and Third...and that portions of this series..especially E12 is about them.  My position is, if there is a big reveal now...ok but it things are business as usual the theory can stay in theory land...LOL

1 hour ago, aniola said:

I find it cute when you show your fanboy side.:yum:

LOL Yeah I'm pretty quiet and reserved...but today I was shook and fanboyed my A off during TOL...when I start talking to the screen...I'm in fanboy land...and I talked to the screen a lot today...between TOL and 2M2...:joy:

Here is the scene from the dock with Too and An subbed...fresh off the press from a fan

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, deltos said:

it was athough I wondered why they chose a long shot...in further away they would be in our countries.

:lol: My guess because it's beautiful. Darkness, water, lights, hug...

As for me, I chose this gif to be it less spoiler.))

1 hour ago, deltos said:

the current theory...and you know there are many is that what we are watching IS Gun and Off...not Kai and Third...and that portions of this series..especially E12 is about them.  My position is, if there is a big reveal now...ok but it things are business as usual the theory can stay in theory land...LOL

I don't care about all this theories. And i'm pretty sure there won't be any big reveal. I joked about Third being so Gun in the scene cos i often saw such playful half-smile on Gun's face when he was kissing (or pretend to kiss) Off's neck. I think i agree that in the last part of ep.12 there was kinda more OffGuns. And yes, i had moments of seeing actors instead of characters. Because I'm so used to their faces, their facial expressions. But i tried not to focus on that. Because i always feel uncomfortable mixing actors and their characters.:sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, deltos said:

when I start talking to the screen...I'm in fanboy land...and I talked to the screen a lot today...between TOL and 2M2...:joy:

:lol: And here it becomes even cuter. I usually just smile from ear to ear when i'm full of fangirl's emotions.

1 hour ago, deltos said:

Here is the scene from the dock with Too and An subbed...

Thanks.^_^

Ohh, and typical riddle-dialog: -_-:D

- *talking about yourself as about another person* you know what i mean.

- *using example from the movie " you know what i mean as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aniola said:

Thanks.^_^

Ohh, and typical riddle-dialog: -_-:D

- *talking about yourself as about another person* you know what i mean.

- *using example from the movie " you know what i mean as well.

and a few more...  enjoy

Spoiler

now this one...is stirring the pot a bit...cause it looks out of place in the whole scene...and that went by really fast...camera men and director having some fun...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, deltos said:

now this one...is stirring the pot a bit...cause it looks out of place in the whole scene...and that went by really fast...camera men and director having some fun... 

I noticed this little moment too. It were OG for sure, also White and Mike were more themselves too. I think director told them to just have fun in the water for the whole scene look natural. May be this OG-moment can be considered as easter egg.:D

14 hours ago, deltos said:

Here is the scene from the dock with Too and An subbed...fresh off the press from a fan

It is more than hard to watch it, however, i do resist! You guys are a constant temptation with gifs and clips  ha ha ha 

I just read comments (a few must be into the spoiler box), so since we are close to the end, i ceased to watch raw, in the way to maintain my state of mind, my emotion quest, even i guess how it will end!