[Thai BL Drama 2019] Theory of Love ทฤษฎีจีบเธอ

Jin_mi

2 hours ago, mellialuna said:

I knew she would do that, she ships them, like I am

UnTwo cut scenes from ep.10 subbed by Lazy Subber

Reveal hidden contents

Yass...she know just the cut to sub !!! Loved her comment..leave that girl and go get your man ! I spit coffee on my keyboard again !:joy:

• LOL 3

5 hours ago, aniola said:

(Off is referring to his own words in a interview about them kissing like in kindergarten in their previous series and that it won't work out in the current one.))

And he was correct !  :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, gogole mongol said:

Your keyboards must wear a constant spit protection! Be aware of electric shock!

TG they are wireless...but I have replaced a couple...I'm usually having morning coffee when watching these series which come on at night in Thailand....no way around it...!!

12 hours ago, mellialuna said:

I knew she would do that, she ships them, like I am

UnTwo cut scenes from ep.10 subbed by Lazy Subber 

Yeah, tbh, it's the ship what i would hardly expected before series have started. But i became quite interested almost right away as i've started to bump into spoilers about them.:)

Interesting that Un turned out to be almost in the same situation like Third (with the difference that Two wasn't his close friend). They have even more in common than they think.))

Can't help but to feel a bit sorry for Lyn. I actually thought they may become a cute couple. But my bl-heart is stronger and knows its place.:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aniola said:

Yeah, tbh, it's the ship what i would hardly expected before series have started. But i became quite interested almost right away as i've started to bump into spoilers about them.

The real pleasant surprise is that they brought that cpl forward in the series early.  They are kinda at the end in the novel - so this is nice.

1 hour ago, aniola said:

Interesting that Un turned out to be almost in the same situation like Third (with the difference that Two wasn't his close friend). They have even more in common than they think.))

Yes !!! Only, Too knows now..and cares - like he said, " I don't know why I came "

1 hour ago, aniola said:

Can't help but to feel a bit sorry for Lyn. I actually thought they may become a cute couple. But my bl-heart is stronger and knows its place

In and out...that was the second  C'ya of the day...first one in 2m2 with Ming ,the second was this one...I always think the stories can flow without them ( unless they are Yiwah or Cake) a comedic presence - other wise..bring them in, move them out - get on with the real story...:joy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deltos said:

I always think the stories can flow without them ( unless they are Yiwah or Cake) a comedic presence - other wise..bring them in, move them out - get on with the real story...

I don't like a girl being used as the way for a guy to understand his true feelings to an another guy. Always feel pity for her. Unless she is a richard simmons one. But in that case i'm annoyed that a character was intentionally made like this for viewer (me) don't feel bad about her being dumped.)) So yeah... it is better without them, unless as just friends.

About fujoshi-type i have mixed opinion. She is fun. And many girls can relate with her at some point.. all this reactions when seeing cute boys together. I like it too.-_- But isn't it kinda similar to when/if feminine gay guy is used for comedy effect in non-bl-show? Or it is not a good example? Because sometimes i think that image of such girls is too stereotypical. (I remember i liked Phun's sister story in LS2. At first she was the one who hated girls around boys-couple she shipped. But then she became girlfriend to one of them and was so surprised when other fujoshi started to bash on her on-line.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deltos said:

I can move around with my keyboard.

Especially when you're drinking your morning coffee... just to be always ready to say:

14 hours ago, deltos said:

I spit coffee on my keyboard again !

:tounge_xd:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, aniola said:

About fujoshi-type i have mixed opinion. She is fun. And many girls can relate with her at some point.. all this reactions when seeing cute boys together. I like it too.-_- But isn't it kinda similar to when/if feminine gay guy is used for comedy effect in non-bl-show? Or it is not a good example? Because sometimes i think that image of such girls is too stereotypical. (I remember i liked Phun's sister story in LS2. At first she was the one who hated girls around boys-couple she shipped. But then she became girlfriend to one of them and was so surprised when other fujoshi started to bash on her on-line.)

I think the Fujo personae is related directly to Yaoi/BL which is a narrow genre. I don't read Shōjo-ai so I don't know if there are a bunch of Fudan's who linger over that genre.  Unfortunately, the fem-gay used for comic relief is based on stereotype and ignorance. There is still that thought which says to be gay means you must be a guy on the outside and a woman on the inside.  Somebody has to be the uke and somebody has to be the seme according to the story lines of the past..and sadly that's what feeds the Fujo mind set. 

Yes I think there is a stereotypical usage of the Fujoshi as comic relief - however..if you just watch the fanmeets of say, OG... the hysteria that ensues is mind boggling for me. And if Off or Gun hug...you could go deaf.  That's the image of Fujo in real world, sadly.  

Spoiler

So Cake  ( 2m2) represents ( all, some, most, a few - pick one) of the Fujo's out there. I think she's refreshing and plays well with the Angel Gang who for all the stereotypical action are at least in college..so they get an ok from me...doing something traditional counts

Although, I think I see a slow change taking place. A bit more reality infused into BL series..and there are no Fujo's in the real world...only fantasy...LOL The closer we get to the real world the less we need those tropes so I think, it's a good thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deltos said:

Although, I think I see a slow change taking place. A bit more reality infused into BL series..

For god's sake, I hope you're right.

Let's talk about this incredible series so far. Some weeks ago I was afraid I could get disappointed. The begining  is not great. It's too slow and is stuck at a kind of loop where Third is always been frustrated reapetdly and the series is like only it, Well there's a great focus on Third's thoughts and feelings, I like this kind of way to build a story, focusing on the character's reasons. Suddenly We had a break in this pacing and abruptly we began to see the things from Khai perspective, it was surprising for me. But was like pressing the OFF button of Third, like we knew he decided to move on, and I believe the writers did it on purpose, but I didin't like it much. 

Well now in EP. 10 somethings came clear and I realise the series is very cohesive. All the conversation and the time that was taken to the main couple scenes in this EP, showed me it's a enormous series. the argument of the series(as I thinks it's clear by it's title) is always in it's north it doesn't lose the focus. 

the series sometimes seems inspired by movies, and I believe overall famous (and cliche) american love story movies.

But I don't know if it's my impression, sometimes, there's is a very big scene, I mean not that overreaction of drama, but something that causes impact to the storytelling. like the scene when Third and Khai are essaying the play, and suddenly Khai goes out of the script. 

So for that I expect a big ending for the three love story. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tiny06 said:

For god's sake, I hope you're right.

What I see beginning to happen is this; five years ago you would be hard pressed to find many gay men watching BL and those that did ( myself included) were kinda silent about the tropes and stereotypical behavior portrayed. Fast forward, today there is a voice, there are  guys who challenge the status quo vocally. Like the whole seme/uke thing ( terms I personally despise). Take Un and Too. You can't label them one or the other - however they are both Alpha men which perhaps is more the norm among real cpls than not. 

1 hour ago, tiny06 said:

the series sometimes seems inspired by movies, and I believe overall famous (and cliche) american love story movies.

I think that's the pattern of most BL series...the E1 hook isn't always there.  Sometimes they count on the fan base to help them over the hurdle especially when it's known actors in the roles; in this case OG was a definite draw.

1 hour ago, tiny06 said:

The begining  is not great. It's too slow and is stuck at a kind of loop

I think the movie concept is really a brilliant marketing strategy.  It's a lot better than saying Episode 10. Connecting famous movies to each episode and to the fact that they ( the characters )are communication majors is refreshing and points to the deep thought that went into this series. The director said in an interview that he bought the copy right from the author before the novel was even finished - so it's been in the works a while - so far it's been a nice adaptation - I don't feel as though I'm watching pages turn. Expect the unexpected - lol but I will say there is a HE.

• Like 2

It's unusual that I like Girls' character in BL series.

Most of the times because they are richard simmons or crazy, but there is some exception and gladly it changes little by little.

Yihwa, ChaAim (LBC) and so far Lynn (TOL) ...

I like the fujoshi girls when it's not too much (my favotite scene in Befriend is one from Fujoshi's imagination).

In the Trilogy of TWM, I found it was too much, I don't like when they are involving in the love story (I know it's for the comic of situation but I don't like it).

I won't tell again how much I dispise the Uke/Seme thing and I agree with Deltos

3 hours ago, deltos said:

Take Un and Too. You can't label them one or the other

Gladly!

Anf I love them :wub:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mellialuna said:

Most of the times because they are richard simmons or crazy, but there is some exception and gladly it changes little by little.

Yihwa, ChaAim (LBC) and so far Lynn (TOL) ...

True...although Lynn purpose seems to be the typical trope... the girl that helps the the guy realize he likes a guy not the girl...

Same thing happened in HCTM. Those tropes need to go.away. 

3 hours ago, mellialuna said:

Gladly!

Anf I love them :wub:

:joy:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, deltos said:

True...although Lynn purpose seems to be the typical trope... the girl that helps the the guy realize he likes a guy not the girl...

Same thing happened in HCTM. Those tropes need to go.away. 

For me it's not the same stories!

For Lynn, Two fall in love with her in highschool, a lot of time passed and he stays with this one-side love but he met someone else, and the feeling doesn't start when he was with Lynn, but it start with jealousy about Third, then the other guy at the restaurant. 

And for Plaifah, like a lot of homosexual, he tries with a girl to be sure he's not into girls! I never thought he liked her! They are friends and she happens to like him, so he tries.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

17 hours ago, deltos said:

Yes I think there is a stereotypical usage of the Fujoshi as comic relief - however..if you just watch the fanmeets of say, OG... the hysteria that ensues is mind boggling for me. And if Off or Gun hug...you could go deaf.  That's the image of Fujo in real world, sadly.

Yes, that is exactly why my feelings on this matter is mixed. I'm bl-fan but cannot fully associate myself with such character, but i also can't deny that such girls are exist and there are a lot of them. And i'm also not sure if i can judge person just for being emotional (even if it's annoy me)).

If to think about, Cake is mostly just observing and keeping all her fantasy in her notebook. (Well, i heard about suggesting that she represents author of the novel herself, so from this point notebook makes even more sense.) Which is ok.

8 hours ago, mellialuna said:

it's not too much

It's the perfect 5 words for... like... almost everything.;) Most things are fine if it's not too much.

10 hours ago, deltos said:

Take Un and Too. You can't label them one or the other - however they are both Alpha men which perhaps is more the norm among real cpls than not.

Yes! Very good point!

I also think - if forget the novel - i can easily don't see any labels on Ming&Kit, and even on Khai&Third and Pete&Kao (my guess it will be the same with second couple in Blue Kiss). There also was no labels in HICTM.

2 hours ago, deltos said:

although Lynn purpose seems to be the typical trope... the girl that helps the the guy realize he likes a guy not the girl...

Two had a crush on Lynn for a long time so it makes sense that he asked her to be his girlfriend when he saw a chance. But i wish he didn't. He had waited so long, if only he would waited a little longer to understand his own feelings. But it would be too simple for the drama.))

I'm actually puzzled about Lynn figuring out that Two doesn't like her as he use to. Is it so strange to help a friend if you know that he is afraid of dark? Why they all three acted as if she saw them... kissing for example? And about photos... i probably wouldn't notice, so i can't understand this part either. Does It make Two not a very good photographer if he starts to make less nice photo just because he don't love Lynn anymore?.-_- 

• Like 2