[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, thistle said:

@kaedechan It's awful when a great show doesn't have the best ratings but at least WE know it's a great show, and we can have fun watching Choi Daniel.  ;)  We just know better than those silly people who aren't watching!

Thanks ! and you're right, those people don't know what they're missing :D

1 hour ago, kaedechan said:

so many mysteries in this drama, and so many theories has been thrown out here, i really hope the next episodes will clear some of the mysteries, so the plot wouldn't get boring, because i saw a lot of comments on the net who thinks the plots getting boring and confusing and they say that's why the rating is so low :(:(

I love mystery and horror drama/movie, and i love choi daniel :P so that's why i'm so excited with this drama, but i can't stand looking at the rating, it'll be a burden for the actors .. 

sorry, just needed to ramble..  :tears:

1 hour ago, thistle said:

@kaedechan It's awful when a great show doesn't have the best ratings but at least WE know it's a great show, and we can have fun watching Choi Daniel.  ;)  We just know better than those silly people who aren't watching!

37 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Thanks ! and you're right, those people don't know what they're missing :D

Yes...!! I am also quite surprise by myself that this great series has low ratings...!! It's unbelievable.. Perhaps, the korean audience isn't ready for a sci-fi horror drama yet...!! And how come the plot got boring...??!! It's just now started :love: Don't mind for those who are prejudging without reasons...! But I know that this series has already gained a huge international fan base...!!

And I LIKE DANIEL SO MUCH :heart: He is the best choice for the male lead role..! His all fans are truly enjoying his performance...!! He is just DAEBAK here!!! Like you said, they don't know the hotness they are missing...!! :tounge_wink:

20 minutes ago, thistle said:

Saw this on Tumblr (to give credit:  poster name is michyeosseo) and I was glad that I did because I didn't notice in the episode.  Love the idea that these two could be a pair.  Perfect!  :D

i actually notice this and i thought they'll make an odd but cute pair, the tough and the naive :joy:

Hi all...

Just found this after watching "The Guest".

Got a question to ask.

I'm at episode 4 now and just thinking about the end of it gave me chills.

Can I watch this at night or best to watch during daytime? 

My heart might not be able to take it. :joy:

10 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Hi all...

Got a question to ask.

If you can cope with The Guest (I couldn't make it through the first episode, although I wanted to watch) then you will be okay with Ghost Detective.  Yes, there are some suspenseful and scary and gory parts but it's not that frightening.  I tend to watch it during the daytime.....but I'm a scaredy-cat.  ;)

6 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Hi all...

Got a question to ask.

I think it's the best to watch it during daytime for you... :hushed:

Many fans are saying that it's so scared at night, including me....! :tounge_wink:

Those who hates horror, they all just love this series, including me....! :love:

30 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Hi all...

Got a question to ask.

if you love horror, then this drama is a piece of cake :lol::lol:. I'm fanatics of horror movies, i usually watch japanese horror and sometimes there are some scary good korean horror, so for me this drama isn't scary at all, a little bit tense and thriller maybe, but not that scary :tounge_xd:

@thistle @gm4queen

Thanks!

I watched the "The Guest" during broad daylight.

I'm too chicken to watch it at night. 

The Ghost Detective seems pretty mild compared to The Guest but it still has the sudden scary scene jumped in your face hence I thought I wanna check here if I should continue episode 5 and so on but it's almost 12am here and I really wanted to continue to watch but......

tenor.gif?itemid=10122805

@mrsj3n If you've gotten through the end of episode 4, you know the worst that happens.  Yes, there is more blood-and-guts and scary stuff but the end of 4 is just :tears:  I stayed upset for more than a week.....okay, I'm still kinda upset and it wasn't even a scary moment, just heartbreaking.

Since it's midnight, you might wanna wait until daylight. Then you'll have episodes to look forward to watching tomorrow.

Just Adding few screen shots from "The Ghost Detective MV" I am editing right now....:love:

42771946_2066109327033936_28981964204125

42730917_2066109343700601_83901316052885

Looks at those eyes..!! I mean, look at their eyes...!! They are talking with each other... The sparkles on their eyes only say that " I can't live without you"...!!!

Daniel & Eun Bin :heart: You guys are killing it, OMG!! Who would possibly think that even a horror drama could be this beautiful...??!!  :wub: I know that I am asking for more here... But I need they two to KISS!!!!!! They are a perfect match for each other... " A match made in heaven" :love:

Oh you're right with The Ghost Detective havin' similarities with Ghost @thistle I had the exact same thoughts too. Ghost' most pivotal scene where Demi Moore is makin' pottery with the late, Patrick Swayze is always referenced in other K-Variety, as the go-to romantic scene. So I'm not surprised if the drama writers 'borrowed' that theory where Choi Daniel's character channels his energy into moving objects. 

BTW I cried buckets during the ending scene of Ghost~ such a classic movie. 

Theories I've got so far from the story...

• The hearing aid is only working for Yeo Wool.. Only she can hear it. That's b'cause only she can kill Sun Woo Hye/The lady in red.. And Yeo Wool is "the chosen one".
  • Attorney Beak doesn't have any crush on Da Il. ( I knew it from the beginning ) She just wants to spy on him for a hidden intention... And there's master mind behind her.. Who can that be..??!
  • Chae Won is inherited from her grandpa... And he looks like a ghost..!! :hushed:

Just tell me if I am wrong, guys...!!

OMG!!! @gm4queen I cant put away my eyes on Choi Daniel. This episode Choi Daniel is so cool and hot!!!:love: I keep replay the tunnel part (evil eyes) and the way he look at YW (lovely eyes). :love: The tunnel part remind me of Chronicle of evil. The lovely eyes is like trillion voltage in there.. *heart meltdown*

I saw some BTS from the scenes at the museum (and other scenes) on IG, Daniel & Eun Bin looks close, they look kinda cute together (No, I'm not trying to make people ship them, just wanna say they look cute together, that's all :lol:).

Poor Daniel, Eun Bin threw him over the floor many times, his body must have been aching all over :unsure:

15 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

I saw some BTS from the scenes at the museum (and other scenes) on IG, Daniel & Eun Bin looks close, they look kinda cute together (No, I'm not trying to make people ship them, just wanna say they look cute together, that's all :lol:).

.....Poor Daniel, Eun Bin threw him over the floor many times, his body must have been aching all over :unsure:

It looks like they used stunt doubles in those throwing scenes.  If you look closely, you can see that the person's face is always turned away carefully so I don't think it's Choi Daniel.  The production staff is probably is sure to take very good care of him so that he won't get hurt.

14 minutes ago, thistle said:

It looks like they used stunt doubles in those throwing scenes.  If you look closely, you can see that the person's face is always turned away carefully so I don't think it's Choi Daniel.  The production staff is probably is sure to take very good care of him so that he won't get hurt.

Yes... I also think so. When she flipped him at her apartment, they were using stunt doubles..! But, inside the museum, it's Daniel himself.. :yum:

And now, I am even more addicted to Daniel... :heart: The production team is so fantastic that they paused him with a dark green/black shirt... ! He looks extra hot in that shirt... :love: I don't know how... he he... My naughty mind...!!!!

And Daniel & Eun Bin's chemistry is no joke...!! They are just :heart: Can't wait to see them falling in love... On the net, everyone is shipping them so hard..!!

10 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

Need a help from you all..

May I know where can I watch The Ghost Detective's special interview who broadcasted on 26th September? 

They've said it's about 100min long.. But I've just watched a 9min video on you tube...! Hope you'll get something more than me that I don't know Korean much :confused: (regretting here)

Archived