[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

5 hours ago, DramaLover said:

Is that a good rating?  I’ve read that some viewers dropped the drama due to CP’s incessant crying and choppy storyline midway through the series. 

Any idea how it’s doing against other dramas airing at the same time?  I guess it’s to compare/compete as the other drama had young idol-like stars. Royal Nirvana is such a difficult drama to watch, but so rewarding. 

A rating above 7 is considered above average. This is a web drama so the statistics for comparison are different from those that air on TV. Considering Royal Nirvana is not a mass appeal drama, I think it's doing fairly well. Those who just want escapism entertainment will drop it. Viewers who support this drama tend to be write very long, well-researched articles about it.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, aafa83 said:

Thanks to @bluehibiscusfor explaining when the CP realized WX's true identity. One thing I'm still not clear is when WX knew that the CP realized who she was? When he was combing her hair, he never really mentioned that he knew who she was or did I miss something?

Although he didn't explicitly say it out, it is quite obvious from the change in his attitude towards her. Also, he asked Chang An to take her wherever she wants, even Changzhou where her godparents and youngest brother are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rosierosie said:

OMG I just saw ep 32!!! Can someone help me, did CP accidentally circled the wrong name for Lu Ying and his son to get killed??!!!

Or did minister Zhang purposely did that?!!! OMG!!!!! Poor WX :(!!!!! Watching at this point so far, I feel so sad for WX and her family. They are so innocent in all of this. 

ZLZ did it on purpose. He felt Wenxi and her father were a threat to his daughter and him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fattyfingers said:

Thanks @bluehibiscus for the summary! But I would like to talk about for th 6th point. I do think CP have thought about sacrified Wenxi if ZLZ busted him in the court. Because in his monologue in ep 54, he have said that "all of my words are true-hearted". The exeception he have mentionned that he will unmoved when he think about her in his dream, which is a lie. I think he have already planned to make Wenxi his scapegoat, with the price of her being his other nightmare. After all,  he have sacrified/disappointed other people, so why not her, a low-valued servant in the Eastern Palace, even if he have some affection for her?

For all of your other points, it maked my eyes sores. :(

yes I think so, and that also makes wenxi very disappointed..with the memory of his father's words if the cp is a virtuous person even though in a palace full of intrigue and corruption, with everything that happens to make cp must do cover up crime, preparing scapegoats .. he is sad and disappointed, because of his love for family, guilt for teacher lu and affection for cp he is ready to clear the way of getting rid of those who have bad hearts ...
"Like the word ... I've said it before ...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, baiqian said:

In episode 50. 

Why were the Imperial doctors were blocked by the Emperor's guards.  They seemed pretty upset.

The physician wanted to check on CP’s condition but CP was under house arrest. No palace staff was allowed to leave or enter the residence. The physician said he would come back after he had resigned and see if he would be allowed to enter to see his patient.

What was WX's purpose in rewriting the CP's note instead of just stamping the original with the chop. Also, was the CP shocked by the note because of the stamp? It seemed he was disavowing the note before he even saw the stamp on it.

19 minutes ago, aafa83 said:

What was WX's purpose in rewriting the CP's note instead of just stamping the original with the chop. Also, was the CP shocked by the note because of the stamp? It seemed he was disavowing the note before he even saw the stamp on it.

She wants everyone to believe ZLZ is guilty of framing CP so the letter must be a forgery. If it is genuine, then it will seem ZLZ is telling the truth.

CP was shocked to see the stamp as WX told him she had thrown it away and he didn’t expect her to betray him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cheerieK said:

My guess is WX masking her affection for cp even after finding out cp keeping her art scroll. In order to carry out her revenge plan and not implicate the cp in the whole saga, she is now acting cold towards cp. 

I think so too.

5 hours ago, Green_swan said:

@bluehibiscus can you kindly explain why feng en have to come back to the capital even tho General is already in the capital with the king? Thank you so much!

I guess the Emperor’s idea is to keep Feng En in the capital as a kind of hostage under the ostensible reason of letting him start a family so the Gu army will think twice about rebelling but General Gu doesn’t want to let him return.