[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

51 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

I thought was way before shooting starts Becos JH certainly don’t look that tanned here. In the BTS, he was looking tanner.

Maybe his tan is wearing off and he doesn't have time to have another session.:joy: 

Like in FLTY he was getting fairer with each passing episode. It means we have to again get ready for mismatched brown make-up.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orion's Daily Ramblings] "Bad Papa" Reveals his Secret in 90s Style Retro Teaser

miniminiphoto961627.jpg By Vasia Orion on 2018/09/11 at 17:11 PST

photo1000899.jpg

If you thought dad jokes are cringe-worthy, wait until you see shameless dad self-promotion in its full 90s style, retro glory. The innovative, colorful, but surprisingly sombre new teaser for "Bad Papa" gives us a taste of the picture-perfect life that never was.

The disturbingly upbeat video shows our 

bad papa with a loving family, while singing his praises. "A cool man. A cool dad. What the secret?", the narrator says, right before he reveals himself as Jang Hyuk's Yoo Ji-cheol, turning to the camera for the answer. "It's because I watch "Bad Papa" every week".

Enter a much colder reality, where the real Ji-cheol's daughter scoffs "Is that for real?" at the silly commercial, and leaves the room. Ji-cheol is much less glamorous in real life as well, and his grievances surface immediately. "I envy you, you bastard", he says at this ideal version of himself on the screen.

Well, that's sad. It's also very promising in terms of where this story is going, assuming that Ji-cheol's growth into something between the unattainable ideal, and the current cautionary tale that he is will be the focus. I'm invested, and I love this teaser and its nostalgic, so-bad-it's-good CF. Let's give "Bad Papa" a chance, starting October 1st on MBC.

https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-bad-papa-reveals-his-secret-in-90s-style-retro-teaser-122145-amp.html

The writer shares my sentiments. The commercial was disturbingly upbeat. :joy:

7 hours ago, kohnlee said:

I’m surprised that this was taken yesterday. 

I thought was way before shooting starts Becos JH certainly don’t look that tanned here. In the BTS, he was looking tanner.

Me too! Either he is losing his tan or he had his tan make up on in the BTS. Here is his natural skin tone.

Yoo Ji-chul (The fallen parent & fighter, 43 years old)

In the past, Ji-cheol, in his 20s, was an undefeated boxing champion who beat all the world's best with his animal instincts and his iron fist. Not only was Ji-cheol was the best fighter in boxing, he was also in love. Ji-cheol fell in love with Sun-joo who just graduated from high school, at first sight and proposed after three days. They have a pretty daughter named Young-sun.

He was a national hero, a beloved husband, and a respected father. However, in the 19th defense match against Min-woo, which was called the match of the century, he lost helplessly, and the whole world has criticized him. Ji-cheol lost everything in a blink, including money, honour and family. Ji-cheol lives aimlessly as a middle-aged father for 11 years, and participates in a clinical trial due to his difficulties in life.

1_jicheol.jpg

Choi Sun-joo (Ji-cheol's wife, 37 years old)

Son-joo had a natural gift for writing since her school days. But her natural appearance didn't let her hold on to her books. Then one day, Sun-joo went to watch her fellow friend Min-woo's training exercises and met Ji-cheol, Min-woo's senior and top sports star. Ji-cheol fell in love with her at first sight and even proposed to her three days after seeing her.

However, Min-woo, who had been in love with her for three years, never said he liked her. At the age of 20, Sun-joo married Ji-cheol and gave birth to Young-sun. The marriage with the national hero was a success. Eleven years later,  the national hero disappeared and what remained was a helpless husband beside her.

1_yeoen.jpg

Lee Min-woo, 37 years old

Lee Min-woo is the champion who is popular due to his good performances and good looks. He is also enjoying his prime as well as being on the air. Now Min-woo is the strongest man in the world, but as a child, Min-woo was poor, short, weak, and hurtful. He also found his dream of boxing to himself who lived for no purpose.

Min-woo grew at a rapid pace and since turning pro, he has beaten the KO all-out to the top. Since then, he had lived with all a grudge against Ji-cheol, and he wanted to argue about it. "Why did you avoid fair play and why did you lose your chance to prove it to the shipowner?"

1_minwoo.jpg

Yoo Young-sun (daughter of Ji-cheol, 17 years old) 

To the young girl, her father was a big mountain and a 'national hero' respected by the world. But when Young-sun was six years old, her father fell from grace due to match fixing. When her father suffered from the criticism of the world, Young-sun supported and felt sorry for him even as a child.

Now, Young-sun, who is 17 years old, has neither studied nor been enthusiastic about anything. But there is one thing Young-sun is working hard secretly. She is teaching dance on YouTube. Then one day, Ji-cheol decided to appear on the stage of mixed martial arts, and Young-sun hates it and got into trouble. Ji-cheo cannot understand why his daughter, who had always been on his father's side, is doing that.

1_yeungsun.jpg

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Hehe..I like his fairer tone.. looks younger.

I like his fair skin-tone because it's his real and his make-up artist (who might be fraternizing with his detractors:phew:) never bothers to find matching products. He looks orange instead of dark and it accentuates his wrinkles. 

He looked natural when he got real tan like in Chuno.

But here he is playing a dejected dad so no worries.:lol:

41 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I like his fair skin-tone because it's his real and his make-up artist (who might be fraternizing with his detractors:phew:) never bothers to find matching products. He looks orange instead of dark and it accentuates his wrinkles. 

He looked natural when he got real tan like in Chuno.

But here he is playing a dejected dad so no worries.:lol:

I think the tanned make-up is on purpose - to show a man burdened by life and struggling to be the breadwinner of the family.  

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Yoo Ji-chul (The fallen parent & fighter, 43 years old)

Choi Sun-joo (Ji-cheol's wife, 37 years old)

He always falls in love at first sight even in his real life haha

Poor him. I think I am more scared of the heavy confrontation scenes between him and his wife than him and his daughter. 

10 minutes ago, nyk said:

He always falls in love at first sight even in his real life haha

Poor him. I think I am more scared of the heavy confrontation scenes between him and his wife than him and his daughter. 

I think I'm scare of all his confrontations - from his daughter to his wife, and even to his sparing opponents.  Aww, my heart....

45 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Ya man!  I don’t know if my heart can take it! 

Don't worry, we'll come here to strengthen our hearts together when the time comes.

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Ahh you need to get used to this since you are a Jang Hyuk fan 

Haha, could never get used to it... my heart is always weak when it comes to JH :P

3 hours ago, AgnesO said:

I think the tanned make-up is on purpose - to show a man burdened by life and struggling to be the breadwinner of the family.  

Hope it looks natural.

Hope it's not orange. :lol:

2 hours ago, AgnesO said:

Don't worry, we'll come here to strengthen our hearts together 

I think I won't need it. My heart has become stone after watching Hyukie puching everything in the vicinity for years.:yum:

Sorry friends can't help it. Sometimes I love joking like a dad.:w00t:

Archived