[Drama 2018] I'm a mother too, 나도 엄마야

0ly40

22 hours ago, ajummapunkinssi said:

You know it’s all the husbands fault for not being able to avoid an accident!! It’s all the mother in laws fault for setting up the incident with the other woman... it’s all KS husbands fault because he was with another woman... she had no fault, has no guilt and as she do vehemently says why should she apologize when she was speeding on the wrong side of the road and someone ran off the road and died.. she didnt even see them, but she could beg her husband to cover it up, she could pay the witness to keep quiet and she could pay the police to hide the video.

That innocent woman with the smirk on her face will be forced to divorce her husband and then her power and smirk will be taken away. Poor poor innocent victim! 

kekeke.. good summary of kyung shin's defense! :). does she actually believe the nonsense that is coming out of her mouth?  wonder why the chairman, mom and brother are just shocked when she comes up with such a defense and can't say anything. is it because it is so preposterous that there is no use arguing with such idiocy.

6 hours ago, lu09 said:

One word to describe KS: Idiot. If she thinks she can use the child to drop the charges, then she is absolutely mistaken. Now she gave JY a reason to take custody of TW:crazy:. Another thing, I think the divorce will be finalized when her coward husband finds out she had a child before marriage. That will be the final bomb. 

she is using every weapon in her arsenal but it is going to backfire. can't wait to see how jenny's role will affect this dynamic even more. where on earth is the ex-boyfriend? isn't it in dramaland rules that they show up at some point? :D

21 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Yeah the two brothers tried to broker a peace treaty. Even though SH told JY that it was her decision, I feel like JY would have called off the dogs if KS had shown remorse and sincerely apologized for what happened. JY would have done so for her man to keep him from staying at odds with his family.

yea I agree with you; ji young really wanted a sincere apology to soothe her heart. it was not like it is going to change the situation but it would have made a difference and ji young might have eventually backed off. at this stage, even if ji young backs off, sang hyuk is going to dig in as a matter of ethics and honour.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The downfall of the “innocent” will begin! The shocked look on the FIL face when she actually began to threaten him made me laugh. She may have the ability to spout that truth but she forgot who exactly she is dealing with. 

I hope JY doesn’t back down now. KS knows that JY will be swayed by TW, that’s why she played the emotion card. JY needs to stand firm though. 

SH goes to talk to HR about the deformity issue, I hope she tells the truth. I have a slight suspicion she will not go against that family with the truth quite yet, but I’m leaning toward her telling SH exactly what happened. She has been treated badly by them and she wants to see SH and JY happy. Her family has the power to fight them so hopefully she won’t let her fear of them keep her from telling. BTW, she has broken the law multiple times and has never had to pay for the consequences... I hope they eventually do but I have a feeling she won’t have to. The way they are writing her she will be forgiven and everything forgotten. 

8 hours ago, ajummapunkinssi said:

SH goes to talk to HR about the deformity issue, I hope she tells the truth.

I think she will. I don't see her lying to her friend about it. Like you said the downfall of KS is underway and this "microcephaly diagnosis" will be another nail in her coffin. HR is not scared of them anymore. Also, it seems the Shin family is starting to soften just a little towards JY. I seems they are starting to gain a little understanding of where she is coming from.

I believe we will see the complete downfall of KS around episode 80 and the rest of the drama will be about her getting revenge against the Shins. I also think she will go after HR as well. 

I found it funny KS dared to try and threaten her FIL as well. She has nerve I will hand her that.

I'm not sure if JY will back down or not. I don't think remorse from just KS will do it for her. I think she needs that whole family to apologize for how they treated her in the past and acknowledge she saved their grandson's life before she will be ready to move on.

I’m not surprised in the slightest.. they have to draw this out somehow. She can’t be taken down quite yet.. it’s not over though because there are other discoveries to be had and most important here will be her losing all her influence with that family. They need to totally abandon her and until that happens she won’t feel the sting of any of her wrong. I’m sad JY let it go but not surprised at all. 

Its about time that KS is blown out of the water with her lies about JY being the cause of the birth defect. JY was not the cause of it KS was.  I am glad that doc did the right thing. Whats a shame is that for 5 years the elder shin's looked down on , and thought JY was the blame yet they never fully acknowledged that without out JY running away the baby would have died. For her to have a healthy baby JY was not the issue.

KS hide that the baby has a birth defect in order not to have her seen as the one that had the problem. The issue was JY was lied on. Which made everyone see her as a bad person when she was not. 

SH realized from what Doc said what JY had to deal with and its no wonder he came and hugged her after talking to doc. I am glad that doc may have told him as well that KS wanted her to hide the truth. 

The min that the mother in law said something to SH and for him to go to doc you could tell KS was scared and she ran to asks doc to not say anything and even threatened her. Good thing it failed and doc listened to what cutie said. Very smart of the Elder Shin's to get a clue and decide to check on their own as well as getting the evidence.

JY has shown them nothing but kindness and respect and they on the other had have been so nasty to her. 

I am hoping whatever KS cooks up now with the ex blows up in their faces. KS does not want SH to marry let alone make it JY. KS needs to do something that brings heat to the family. Where she is not loyal to them she gets to see JY and SH be loyal to those people even though they were so mean to her. 

KS will eventually loose Tony because she is going to jail  in the end (unless she dies).

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

The min that the mother in law said something to SH and for him to go to doc you could tell KS was scared and she ran to asks doc to not say anything and even threatened her. Good thing it failed and doc listened to what cutie said. Very smart of the Elder Shin's to get a clue and decide to check on their own as well as getting the evidence.

I loved it that when Mr. Moon asked HR for the the test results she had to call JY to get permission to release them. JY had nothing to hide and gave permission without hesitation. She didn’t do it to prove KS wrong. She did it to show her future in-laws she isn’t who they think she is.

4 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

I love it that. when Mr. Moon asked HR for the the test results she had to call JY to get permission to release them. JY had nothing to hide and gave permission without hesitation. She didn’t do it to prove KS wrong. She did it to show her future in-laws she isn’t who they think she is.

JY knows that KS lied back then I do not think she is aware of just what type of lies KS told on her.  KS got away with it because she had everyone hating JY and no one would want to talk to JY. Had they all thought to talk to JY back then the lies KS told would have come out before now. It was their own arrogance and trust in KS. KS continues to show them they put their trust in the wrong person. They are not good people so I can't blame KS for lying I just wished she had not used JY in the lies. 

JY has been nothing but nice to all of them. Its the Shin's who have shown their ugly side time and time again to JY. There was no reason to be that way to the woman that not only carried that child but protected him with her life. They belittled what she did for them and even looked down on her and made her the evil person for loving that child and wanting to keep it after they wanted to abort. Sh tied to tell them that they should be grateful and thankful to JY but they continued to think that JY was a bad person until they thought about it and decided to talk to HR on their own to find out the truth. 

Now they have JY's records to show nothing was wrong with her. KS stepped in it but this will not stop her. She will not have JY as her sister in law but my guess is whatever she does is going to only make her worst nightmare happen. KS should have sat down and shut up but like everything secrets and lies have a way of coming out. With JY dropping the investigation KS never thought the lies of 5 years ago would resurface. It would be interesting if they met with JY to asks her exactly what happened back then and JY tells them she begged KS to want the child no matter what and KS said no and wanted to force the abortion. With out JY Tony would never have lived to be with them and frankly the Shin's do not deserve to have Tony. They are selfish hateful people caught up in their own importance and their own money and power. They have been at the top for too long. KS is going to pull them completely down by the time she is done. I feel not one bit sorry for the Elder Shin's or big bro because they brought this on themselves. 

Did Big bro apologize to JY in the preview or was he just being nice after learning his wife lied yet again to him on JY taking drugs or having a problem five years ago?

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Did Big bro apologize to JY in the preview or was he just being nice after learning his wife lied yet again to him on JY taking drugs or having a problem five years ago?

In the preview Big Bro asks to to speak to JY.

Also, Mrs. Shin says maybe JY is actually a good woman.

The old man set KS up perfectly in the test result reveal. He asked her point blank if JY caused the test results to show Tae Wong may have micrcephaly. When KS said yes he asked “Are you sure?”

34 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

In the preview Big Bro asks to to speak to JY.

Also, Mrs. Shin says maybe JY is actually a good woman.

The old man set KS up perfectly in the test result reveal. He asked her point blank if JY caused the test results to show Tae Wong may have micrcephaly. When KS said yes he asked “Are you sure?”

I thought Mom Shin perhaps realized they could be wrong about JY. The sad part is they did not have to take KS's words on everything. They chose to do so because she was the daughter in law. Now see how that turned out for them for being so gullible. They learn the woman killed a baby and a man and now they learn she lied 5 years ago. I am sure KS will have some way to fire back at Mom Shin's hateful words to her. KS will blame someone else.  

I said in the chat for this drama while watching live he is asking her if JY was the problem then I yelled at the screen.. " idiot if he is asking you that means he already knows the truth!" So KS walked right into that trap. 

The shin's should have verified everything before they decided to abort 5 years ago. Shaking my head at their willingness to just think someone is bad based on what KS said. Let alone never think that they were wrong in their assumptions about JY. 

I am hoping that these people stop protesting that relationship and SH and JY marry and they start to really see how fortunate they are to have a daughter in law like JY. JY is really too good to be a part of that awful family. I wish SH would break ties with them. (I doubt it will happen unless they do something really foul again to JY.)

I am afraid of KS learning that her daughter is around. Mostly because that girl wants her bio mom she yearns for a mother and KS is a manipulator who will take that girls innocent need to connect to her bio mom and twist it into something ugly to hurt others (mainly JY and SH). In the end I know that the girl will find out how awful her bio mom is and help SH and JY I just feel bad that she will have to learn how truly nuts and evil her bio mom may be. 

Another good nugget from the 77 preview was Mrs. Shin's conversation with KS...

KS told her "I gave birth to a son." Mrs. Shin's retort, " You didn't give birth to him. Ji Young did. You told her to have an abortion and she saved his life."

Also from the subs when HR was talking to goofy doc about what she should do. He told her the medical record always tells the truth. 

I also loved the fact SH told his family that he wasn’t asking for their permission to marry JY. It was going to happen.

While I still do not like the elder Shins. They are not stupid people and are starting to figure things out. They are now realizing they were fooled by KS all along.

KS sees that her lies have been exposed and the Elders are changing their mind about JY she is now going to pull in the Ex wife of SH. The problem is the Ex is so stupid she does not realize that KS is using her for one and two she will never get SH back. The elders do not like her but the big point is SH dislikes her and will never consider her again as a woman he can love. 

I feel like KS thinks the Ex will expose or make a stink that will hurt JY but it will only backfire. What KS wants to not happen will. KS just should have left SH alone to live his life with the woman he loves but she can't now that she has been found to be a liar. 

My guess is when KS came back from the police station in the last episode the chairman had a flashback of KS threatening him. I believe its what made him start to question things. Especially if KS had the call to threaten him that way it shows that she is a snake and capable of lying as they saw with the accident that killed JY's baby and husband. 

His telling his wife that its strange that even when they kidnapped JY she still insisted that the baby was diagnosed with Down Syndrome and she was still going to raise the baby as her own. It does not make sense that since JY was so scared how could she lie. What gets me is if he felt that her response back then differed from what he was told he should have been able to find out back then but he trusted KS more then searching out the truth. I am glad that he decided that what he heard back then had him going again to recheck since we know that HR told a fib because KS begged her back then. 

I applaud Doc for doing the right thing. I am sorry but KS being desperate back then was no reason to lie on JY as the cause of the baby being sick. Sure her Mother in law is a horror but JY had nothing to do with that. 

Now KS will not want JY in that house or family because JY coming in will have the elders realizing how wrong they were and how perfect JY is as a daughter in law and KS has the real fear that SH and JY will be able to inherit or JY will have a child that will. 

In the end KS will end up with nothing. Her greed is her downfall. 

24 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

The problem is the Ex is so stupid she does not realize that KS is using her for one and two she will never get SH back. The elders do not like her but the big point is SH dislikes her and will never consider her again as a woman he can love.

I am anxious to see what KS tries to cook up with the propofol addict. The ex does not want SH back because she loves him. She wants him back because he has money again. When he was broke, she did not want to have anything to do with him and basically abandoned him. Now that he has rebuilt his life with JY's help, she wants back in.  So what is ever cooked up between those two greedy idiots is doomed to fail. 

I now classify KS as an idiot because:

a. She dared to threaten a bigger snake in her FIL.

b. She walked right into the trap he set for her regarding the medical records. 

Like you said when he asked her "Are you sure?" The man already knew the answer to the question. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

When the old man had the flashback of her threat when she came back from the police station, he had a wry smile on his face. I told my wife he is planning something to take KS down for good when the time comes. He has to set up his defense from her threats first.

KS really has to be the most dense egotistical one out there.. she has the nerve to still insult JY after letting her off, threatens her FIL who is a lot more powerful then her, has the nerve to lie with papers right in front of her and now calls in the ex so she can have a partner in crime. Her takedown will hopefully be really painful for her! I need to see her break and regret..

So it seems KS's hair brain plot this time is to smear and ruin JY so she can't marry in.

Spoiler

Big bro realized his mistake after the mom has the assistant investigate JY and her family. They found out how they family business failed after the accident. They found out how talented JY was and how many awards she had won. They found out everything about her and realized how wrong they were about her. 

Afterwards big bro had his flashback of how nasty he was to JY at that school. He went to the office and apologized to JY and she thanked him. Later we see mom go on and on about JY and her accomplishments in front of KS. KS dares to say she gave them a grandchild and Mom says no JY did after you wanted to abort it. KS of course was shut up and fuming. 

Later we see mom saying to dad Shin that they should approve of JY with SH and dad seems still reluctant. Big bro chimes in to give his endorsement as well and KS is fuming and tries to protest but it his shot down by her hubby. Mom again tries to nudge her hubby to accept them. 

KS then goes to the room calls the ex to meet the next day. KS meets ex and tells her that the in laws like JY and that she was the surrogate. 

Preview shows the ex shows up at JY's Aunt's restaurant and causes a scene and pulls her hair and SH finds out about it. KS is found out to be the one who told and her hubby looks very angry and tells her perhaps to divorce. JY and SH hold a press conference and out of left field someone questions her being a surrogate I believe. 

This was a very stupid move on KS's part. Now the truth of the surrogacy comes out and it proves KS is barren. The lies KS told which made JY run away to protect the baby risking her life. How the Shin's took back the baby after they wanted to abort it and makes the family look bad. And the reason why JY was a surrogate in the first place due to the accident that killed her baby and husband and ruined her family. 

My guess in the end JY will come out looking good but they wont. 

KS's greed and jealousy of JY and the Shin money is going to make what she does not want happen the most and that is SH and JY marrying. 

Two things could happen. KS is really kicked out and divorced  but she comes back with the paper company and gets the shins back kicking them out or the chairman strokes out. or KS pretends to be sorry and sits down and shuts up while she plots to take everything and kick the Shin's out. 

@rolisrntex

Like you, I believe the Chairman is plotting to get rid of KS. He told her that he was holding on to the black box video to get rid of her if she did something wrong before. After her threats its for sure he wants her gone as he can see she is a snake and a liar. After this stunt I can see him endorsing that relationship and marriage of JY and SH. 

*The above is just my speculation of the scenes in the episode. Hopefully I am close enough to what really happened until subs come out or someone who is Korean speaking can enlighten us. 

From the raw and my personal interpreter...

@Ldy Gmerm Your takes above were pretty much spot on plus...

Spoiler

Mrs. Shin felt bad for JY after hearing Mr. Moon’s report on her. Especially after Mr. Moon told them that Step Bro was real source of the trouble in her family and caused the mess JY found herself in.

Yes a reporter did ask a question about JY being a surrogate. l suspect the Shins will step in at this point and fix this situation I think.

Big Bro told KS that he hated what type of person she has become and now wants a divorce.

we are only around ep 70ish... am wondering what else are they going to fill it with. the ep count is close to 120 right? so will ji young get married and kyung shin create havoc? keep thinking that she will be finally be served divorce papers and nothing happens.

a new event in the works! do join us chingus!

Comments after subs...

Spoiler

Big Bro's apology to JY was heartfelt, sincere and touching. He sincerely apologized for the way the family treated her and admitted to her he knows she ran away to have Tae Wong because she sincerely loved him. He also told her there is no way his family can atone for the pain they have caused her. She was gracious to him and thanked him for the apology. She also told him that his apology is helping her start to get rid of the resentment she has towards them.

Mrs. Shin and Big Bro have now become SH/JY's biggest cheerleaders. After hearing Mr. Moon's report on JY and her family, Mrs. Shin realizes the harm they have done to her. She realized that had KS not caused that accident, JY would still be living happily as a teacher. They also found out that she graduated from a good university and her father was a very successful business man before he died. 

When Mrs Shin and Big Bro were trying to convince the old man to accept JY, he looked over at KS and saw the rage in her face. I believe he realizes the KS problem will need to be dealt with if they are going to bring JY into the family.

Mrs. Shin took KS to task for being a liar and the harm she has done to JY.

In the preview, Big Bro figures out that KS leaked the surrogacy and tells her he is tired of her lies and wants a divorce. 

Although it has not come up in conversations so far, I also think the elder Shin's are probably starting to think their ticket for more grandchildren is JY. She gave them one grandson so there is no problem with her having more. She is still young enough to give them 2 or 3 more grandchildren if she desires. She will be a good influence on them if they accept her. 

I'm starting to get a picture that even though the Shins are ruthless in dealing with those that get in their way, they truly love their sons and want a happy family.

The Shins will probably have to take care of the propofol addict and her constantly stirring up trouble. I'm wondering how they will take care of that. 

@Lmangla

I think that is exactly where this is headed. There will be a divorce and the rest of the drama will be KS trying to get pay back against the Shins.

@Lmangla and @rolisrntex

This is where I am hoping the drama goes next with KS kicked out and divorced and her fighting the Shin's for the company. This also gives JY a way to show case just how lucky they were this time around to have this daughter in law. It also will eventually have JY and SH help his family after the mess KS makes because of her revenge. 

What was so foolish of KS to do is a. bring in the ex who flies off the handle and still has no way to do anything to change SH's mind. b. Tell the woman JY was a surrogate but not say who she was a surrogate for. It is not her right to dictate who SH is with since they are divorced. The woman never thinks if SH is with JY then he already knows her past. Her trying to tell him who he can and can't see or attacking the woman he is with is futile and only ends up with her humiliated. My guess is SH takes her to task over attacking JY and she calls the press. Her telling the ex who she knew would spill it to the press now opens up who JY was a surrogate for and why she ended up being a surrogate in the first place. I doubt they will name KS as the hit and run driver since JY has dropped the investigation but I do want the ex to find out how she was played by KS when she learns that JY was KS's surrogate and that KS killed JY's husband and baby. 

KS banked on the ex stirring up trouble only it backfired on her and the trouble the ex stirred up ends up coming right to her door as her husband realizes the only way the ex would find out had to be from KS. In the episode Mrs. Shin says no one has to know that JY was a surrogate for them. At the time KS's face on the couch showed she would leak it in order to stop JY from marrying in. Only her actions will have the opposite effect. 

They best thing to do to clean up this mess that KS has now made other than divorcing her is for the Shins to step forward with approval of JY and SH and say that JY is the future daughter in law who helped the family out when the oldest daughter in law could not have a child. It shows how caring JY was to do that but it also shows that the Shins are progressive but also hold no prejudice against JY who is going to be their family. 

This will also make the ex look very stupid in the end. This is going to effect her and I really hope this does do that. It also should make her realize how she was used and played by KS. Once this backfires she will look like a fool for bringing out the personal business of that family. This is going to be a huge shock to the ex. KS gave her only one part of the picture but never told her the whole story. The ex stepped in it and created a huge mess that had nothing to do with her. I hope the Shins deal with the Ex and get her out of the way. The ex needs some punishment for sure for her hand in things. 

KS did the worst thing possible and her actions have only made it so JY will get that approval and become family while she runs the risk of being divorced and kicked out for her actions.  It amazes me how KS look surprised at her husbands words to her in the preview. The man warned her if she did anything else to affect SH , JY and his family he would divorce her. He seems to think she has changed but I feel that KS was always this way he was just too in love with her before and did not see it. 

Archived