Sm Audition___callbacks

Guest miyeOnx3

Guest flyaway.

and JJ couldn't have been tone deaf... i don't think however much you train you can get rid of it >.< and he clearly isn't tone deaf now ^^;;

Well I don't think he was really tone deaf.. probably just really bad or something

As for the LA thing, I would love to do it, but I have nowhere to stay. Also, I have summer school this summer & Im going to China/HK/Japan in August. No time. :tears: It seems fun though.

I am SOO sorry for going offtopic. :unsure:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dankyung

and JJ couldn't have been tone deaf... i don't think however much you train you can get rid of it >.< and he clearly isn't tone deaf now ^^;;

wat? yea yu can fix it... my friend from my junior high was tone deaf and she couldn't sing at all. she was tone deaf and she took all these lessons and she practiced a lot and she was like named one of the best singers at our junior high. she sang for our graduation choir shows she got all the solos she sang at church. it's totally fixable.

Guest tvxqsaranghae

Well I don't think he was really tone deaf.. probably just really bad or something

ppl say jaejoong was tone deaf before he debuted right?? but what exactly does tone death mean??

wat? yea yu can fix it... my friend from my junior high was tone deaf and she couldn't sing at all. she was tone deaf and she took all these lessons and she practiced a lot and she was like named one of the best singers at our junior high. she sang for our graduation choir shows she got all the solos she sang at church. it's totally fixable.

what does tone deaf mean??

Guest predator

it means you can't distinguish the pitches in music, etc.

basically, you can't even really hit the right pitch when trying to sing.

if you would like to see some examples just look at the really bad American Idol auditions. ^^ lol

Guest SMiiLE**

^

HAHAHA.

tone deaf is kinda um...

like when you sing you can't hear yourself sing bad?

i dont really know how to explain it.

but people who are usually tone deaf DO NOT sing good.

no offense or anything...

but JJ sings great!

Guest JunRi<3

To the JJ tone deaf thingies: I'm wondering though. He auditioned for SM right? I remember reading up on how LSM said they could help him with his tone deafness but doesn't that mean he got into SM without the ability to sing very well? Just a thought. Anyways, I've been lurking around soompi and the funny thing is that theres a possibility for you to get scouted this coming May at LA (hollywood bowl!) Its like a 1/100000000000000000000 chance but Stephanie the trainee was scouted in LA (maybe I'm wrong), and wasn't BSG scouted just because at an H.O.T. concert she looked like she had the "potential" to be a star? Plus a lot of people got scouted for auditions just for walking around LA. Haha just a wishful thought for you guys.

Guest predator

To the JJ tone deaf thingies: I'm wondering though. He auditioned for SM right? I remember reading up on how LSM said they could help him with his tone deafness but doesn't that mean he got into SM without the ability to sing very well? Just a thought. Anyways, I've been lurking around soompi and the funny thing is that theres a possibility for you to get scouted this coming May at LA (hollywood bowl!) Its like a 1/100000000000000000000 chance but Stephanie the trainee was scouted in LA (maybe I'm wrong), and wasn't BSG scouted just because at an H.O.T. concert she looked like she had the "potential" to be a star? Plus a lot of people got scouted for auditions just for walking around LA. Haha just a wishful thought for you guys.

^too bad i don't live anywhere near LA :tears:

Guest dankyung
ppl say jaejoong was tone deaf before he debuted right?? but what exactly does tone death mean??

what does tone deaf mean??

you can't hear the correct pitch or tone a note is at. so wen you sing you'll think you'e singing fantastic and great but really it's off tune and not prettie to listen to. a lot of people have it. you can correct it. people who says you have to be born with talent anf you have to be born with a good voice to be a good singer that a bunch of BS. cause that friend at my junior high totally changes that. yu don't understand how bad she use to be. her mom even told us she was freakishly bad. but look how good she turned out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UIDVGNar2s

(she's the soloist btw. rofl.)

Guest ssica

question... is it better to audition in Korea? any pointers? like wut kind of person do they look for?

and wuts the SM Academy?

Guest chemical9
oh.

hahaa.

this is confusing.

well i responded back with teh same email and it said that my application got accepted and they'll inform me later about the auditions (if im in or out)

did anybody get that same email too after your application got accepted?

:sweatingbullets:

You mean you got the personal mail?

Or is it the automated one?

question... is it better to audition in Korea? any pointers? like wut kind of person do they look for?

and wuts the SM Academy?

This question has been asked tons of times.

SM academy is the school where people pay to get trained at.

So basically, anyone can be a student there.

The fees are kinda steep though.

And the people there are DIFFERENT from trainees.

They don't get trained to be singers.

But once in a while, if they happen to see potential in a student,

they'll take him and he'll train with the other trainees from SM.

That's about it. Sorry that I suck at explaining. <_<

And that's what i read.

So don't kill me if I got it wrong. >.<

Guest xiahukno

^

sm academy: you need to audition for. and its only during breaks. (korea student's summer and winter breaks) so its only held in 2 session periods. they break you up into different groups. (from already different categories. like composer, singer/dancing, acting, etc. and you can do multi stuff... but you also have to pay for the multi stuff you want to take classes for)

but after you audition tehy only take "qualified" applicants. i guess you have to be somewaht good to get in. (im not really sure of the approval process of the academy. sorry...) and then they break you up into i THINK 3 groups: good, moderately good, and SUPER good. and depending what group you're in, you take different classes and the better class you are, the more alone time you get with the instructors. i've heard that the instructors are SUPER nice and relaly helpful in assisting you with your questions about ANYTHING. and the instructors (some of them like Kenzi.) are famous for writing songs for DBSG, CSJH, practically ALL sm artists and also training them.

sometime in the academy, their artists will visit to kinda "cheer" the kids on. like saying encouraging wrods like, "dont give up. keep going!" i know DBSG and SJ went to talk to them a couple of times.

the academy is located at a DIFFERENT place than SM's actual office. and Lee SooMan says all thte time that his company (SM) has 100s of trainees and then notes taht the kids in the academy are "trainees" as well. (i think he says that to get the academy publicity out since SO many kids want to be trainees.) but as you guys all know, these kids ARENT trainees. with the only difference being that they are PAYING to get trained and dont necesarily have the right to go into the real SM building.

some kids that have gone into SM academy get scouted if they are really good. like the trainne right now, kim tae-hyun (a girl that apparently sings amazingly) got scouted from there... so did changmin from DBSG (im not sure on that...) and couple members from SJ.

it IS a lot of money, but if i were living in korea, i'd save up all i could as long as it takes me to get into the program. i hear only good and fun stuff about the program minus the fact taht it costs an arm and a leg. and if you impress them enough, you have the chance to get scouted. ^^

anyways... hope that answered some stuf... ^^

Guest lovablekrnstar63

^

that sounds like an amazing opportunity

to train at starlight..

but i would rather keep my arm & leg, thank you

and xiahukno,

we missed you around here =]

I think you compete against others in the singing, acting, modeling etc. You can also refer your friends to the contest. But I still don't understand why they named certain categories after the stars... maybe you imitate them or show off that you too can be at their skill level.

Either way, if you are succesful you will get a contract with S.M. as well as money. But first you have to go through a few rounds of jugding both by netizens and the casters themselves.

Guest sarss04

i was trying to upload my picture but it wont let me. the stupid file wont come up when i open the file. it sucks! =(

Guest krnpopfan

SM is holding a contest for all people to apply. They are divided into Three major categories-becoming a star, producing a star, or casting a star. For the becoming a star part, you can register in many categories that include DBSK, Ara, Super Junior, Boa, Lee Yeon Hee, SM Stars, and All Stars in general. you can act, dance, sing, or be in a CF.

You have to pass the preliminary round, judged by an SM panel, then the next auddition course will contest of netizens and another panel of judges from SM will judge you. Finally, the last round will occur and everyone (?) will judge. Then they will make a final decision and many people (llike...i dunno 7?) will be chosen fro different categories. You will get prizes (like money) and such. If you are really good, SM will give you an exclusive contract or a chance to be on the SM staff.

I hope that answered quesstions.......

So to people that register...GOOD LUCK1!!

Archived