[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

20 minutes ago, Megan said:

Hmm...we know Dong Hua is rich enough to hold the wedding again. But what about the Bais? Will they help to pay for stuff or just put it on Dong Hua’s tab? 200 day wedding...wow...long bill

I doubt the Bai family need to worry about money, but I bet DH will be happy to pay for everything.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Megan said:

Hmm...we know Dong Hua is rich enough to hold the wedding again. But what about the Bais? Will they help to pay for stuff or just put it on Dong Hua’s tab? 200 day wedding...wow...long bill

I don't think they worry too much about money. With DH alone, I'm pretty sure he can even extend the wedding celebrations if he wishes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Megan said:

DH lived for more than 360,000 years. He was also a former ruler for the 6 realms. He would have accumulated wealth, aside from spoils of the wars and tributes from subjects. He can easily afford that 200 day wedding. 

Besides, having Bai Feng Jiu back is worth that much day of wedding celebration and more. Just take it as 200 wedding anniversaries celebrated in succession because they were separated for 200 years.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He subtly pranks Ali, and he was brushing the head of the kid in mask at Aranya's dream. :wub: He's very tolerant of children, and it must be extreme unruliness before kids get a taste of the infamous vinegar tongue.

Its probably he remembers how bad it was for him when he was a kid so he doesn't want other kids to have similar experience

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Do they really need money? Just use magic to sum up everything is need... plus since he was previous ruler I'm pretty sure there will be lots of people thats willing help and summit their offerings...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Its probably he remembers how bad it was for him when he was a kid so he doesn't want other kids to have similar experience

Parentless and grew up harassed by the ghouls and demons living nearby Bihai Cangling. Not an ideal way to grow, but toughened him for battles, and to eventually be that ancient war hero.

He also half-raised Lian Song. His patience was tested and trained by Tianjun's rascal. :)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Aari sky said:

In general Chinese dramas Love's it's FL lead to be of naive type but most of the time it comes across as irritating than Adorable depending on the plot and the actress's potrayal of the characters.. 

Maybe that's why many neutral just assume ELOD is one of those cliche series? ELOD haters are not helping the case either. If only these people can watch ELOD with fresh set of mind by forgetting all those cringey drama they've seen so far then they'll see how brilliantly Reba played the FJ character. Her cuteness, naivety and pure Innocence was on point, none of FJ traits were overly done but all of them were very well balanced, only few actresses can pull off FJ Personality and Reba was perfect choice. Ontop of this the whole premises of ELOD is on another level coz of DH, no character in xianxia drama can come close to Dh's majestic self, so to see such unparalleled god falling in love itself makes this a unique love story of all time, many are missing out on such a magical romance 

P.S: I follow avenuex (YouTuber) reviews very closely, I love how mature she is when it comes to constructive criticism so I was really sad wen she gave negative reviews for ELOD and then decided to drop the drama in the middle itself :dissapointed: 

she also believed the first book was plagiarised unfortunately and this may have given her a bias. she had a video stating her opinion which I disagreed but people have a right to their own opinion.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Do they really need money? Just use magic to sum up everything is need... plus since he was previous ruler I'm pretty sure there will be lots of people thats willing help and summit their offerings...

i doubt money is an object to immortals anyway. When he was master of the universe he received a lot of tributes which is why that old man has a gold and jade mine....

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, triplesung said:

I don't think they worry too much about money. With DH alone, I'm pretty sure he can even extend the wedding celebrations if he wishes.

2 hours ago, FoxontheMoon said:

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

DH lived for more than 360,000 years. He was also a former ruler for the 6 realms. He would have accumulated wealth, aside from spoils of the wars and tributes from subjects. He can easily afford that 200 day wedding. 

Besides, having Bai Feng Jiu back is worth that much day of wedding celebration and more. Just take it as 200 wedding anniversaries celebrated in succession because they were separated for 200 years.

@MayanEcho

@Ninky

@Megan

I was thinking it's even possible DH can manage his weddings banquet and celebrates for 32,000 yrs long to remind him that Xiao Bai existence is a Blessedness to him.

And to think that everything can conjures with magic...at his two magic fingertips.:lol:

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

28 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

@MayanEcho

@Ninky

@Megan

I was thinking it's even possible DH can manage his weddings banquet and celebrates for 32,000 yrs long to remind him that Xiao Bai existence is a Blessedness to him.

And to think that everything can conjures with magic...at his two magic fingertips.:lol:

He sure can! :lol:

Joking aside, he should be more than loaded after living that long and being a former ruler. He'd have savings too because his things are mostly handcrafted by him, he rears his own plants, and he catches his fishes. 

If he can lug around a bed everywhere, he's also hiding a giant purse in his sleeves. B)

In Aranya's dream, he used a blue gem (sapphire?) to fire the kiln and the green one (emerald?) for the mirror. He might also have gems mines.

• Like 3

On 1/29/2020 at 9:45 AM, jimmylyne said:

Oh really..and who is this AvenueX? She can say anything she want or says about anything..or everything . That's her opinion ...but if she really think there was no chemistry between Vengo/Reba..what?.. where planet she is come from?( just kidding)

Nah..never mind her..think all she want..bc i still think the chemistry between Vengo/Reba was the best in C- drama..practically DongFeng couple was the reason i wanted to watch c- drama after watched their intensely sizzling and bedazzled by them in TMOPB. 

It is so unfair tho..bc we are just at episode 12 only not even at half...we have yet to see any real interaction between the main leads..at least wait until we reach the main part of the story..so for me her comments was invaluable totally INVALID( sorry not sorry to AvenueX ) bc it's stiil too early to judge...LoL.

For me Vengo/Reba dazzlingly intense chemistry..the off-charts chemistry..was everything i expected..( i wanted to say more but enough for now).

On 1/29/2020 at 10:15 AM, Bai Gun Gun said:

Lol honestly I cant be bothered anymore, I dont understand how someone can review a show so quickly. I get Avenuex is only doing a 'first impression' video on the series but it would make more sense if just finished the drama and made a full, constructive review on it all. Things like 'the main leads dont have chemistry and we haven't seen them together yet,etc' is a bit of pointless statement considering the whole point of their love story is that separated from each other due to their lack of fate. This is not a story where the male leads meet and never separate and always find each other. The whole point of the story is create tension and make us more excited for their interactions. For example I could say the say thing for tmopb and say wheres yehua and baiqian together the beginning episodes? It doesn't make sense. She does make a valid point on lighting and shadow but to be honest, who really noticed those details? The only things I've heard people complain about was worrying the wig difference or more makeup on vengo than usual and the excessive pastel colours in the heavenly kingdom. Anyways, my point is guys is that a review is just a review. It's not more important just because that person has a face and camera and a YouTube channel. You shouldnt let that put you off this show. ESPECIALLY, when we're only 12 EPISODES in to a 56 EPISODE SHOW which EACH EPISODE is around a hour each. I prefer to watch Avenuex reviews when she completes the show. Plus I personally find this story is wayy more interesting than baiqan and yehuas love story. In my eyes, she should ended up mo yuan anyway.

@Aari sky

An old post from me and @Bai Gun Gun was just two of many examples who's responded /reacted to Avenuex's reviews.

Avenuex!  

She became quite popular in this forum because of her biased reviews about ELOD because she already said a lot of comments Based on just seen 1/5 parts of the drama she already said a lots of negative thing...which is why I think her opinions was invalid.

She complained about everything, costumes, make up, lighting, directing , shadows, bad scripts...etc etc..the most gibberish one is " lack/no chemistry between the main lead!!!"?..

Maybe she not wrong about the costumes because ELOD was a low budget drama compared to TMOPB .The different like an Oscar party ( TMOPB) and High School Prom party(ELOD)..but I think ELOD's not bad, there's a few costumes on DH and FJ I'd loved tho..

I gained some experience and learnt a good lessons back then..not to bothered by any unpleasant comments just concentrated and enjoyed on what make me feels entertained.. loves what's l loved.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I am so confused about the whole plagiarism thing. One side says Tang Qi plagarized. Another side says she didn’t. I can’t read Chinese novels so I can’t compare. But I met someone who says she read the books and they are not the same.

8 minutes ago, Megan said:

I am so confused about the whole plagiarism thing. One side says Tang Qi plagarized. Another side says she didn’t. I can’t read Chinese novels so I can’t compare. But I met someone who says she read the books and they are not the same.

Me read both, i feel strongly there is no plagirism. She won case in court.Courts said plagiarism cannot be proven. Those accusers backed off after that. 

Tang Qi said she used to just let them attack her but she said she now grew a spine and will defend all allegations legally and will sue people for defamation should they try accusing her with 0 proof.

Those idiots cleared out of her weibo finally. Now she is back focused on writing this series.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Me read both, i feel strongly there is no plagirism. She won case in court.Courts said plagiarism cannot be proven. Those accusers backed off after that. 

Tang Qi said she used to just let them attack her but she said she now grew a spine and will defend all allegations legally and will sue people for defamation should they try accusing her with 0 proof.

Those idiots cleared out of her weibo finally. Now she is back focused on writing this series.

Thank you for clarifying. It is sad that the book’s reputation is now stained by these false allegations. I think there are some people who still believe Tang Qi plagarized.

does Hamster believe so? 

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

I was under the impression that the allegations of plagiarism were inconclusive at best (on a legal capacity) as the original author of the BL novel was unable to take the case to court. As BL is an illegal genre and would have essentially resulted in self-incrimination if the case went to court.

Plagiarism and copyright infringement is near impossible to prove if one side is not even allowed to present their novel as a viable piece of evidence. Keeping in mind that plagiarism is a word for word form of copying/stealing, whereas copyright infringement is taking concepts scenes and rewriting them with different characters (in this case, a heterosexual couple), paraphrasing or using synonyms, or even just changing a sequence of events/scenes (the harder to prove).

Regardless,  China is probably not the best judge of plagiarism/copyright infringement as their evaluation system for "copyrighting" is rarely updated or enforced. In fact, a committee for checking plagiarism in the entertainment field was not developed until 2017. With scripts being over 60 episodes long, that is a lot of reading that one person has to do in order to compare two separate pieces of work. Let alone works of this genre, which should have way more in common regardless if it was plagiarized or not. This is based on common folklore, fantasy, myths, etc.

As I have not read the original novel in question, I cannot agree or disagree one way or the other, but to be fair, there will never be a conclusive legal decision on the matter. As an educator and a member on the Board of Academia at the university I work with, this is too complex an issue. There are about 15 different criteria that two separate pieces of work have to have in common in order to be determined as plagiarism.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

I gained some experience and learnt a good lessons back then..not to bothered by any unpleasant comments just concentrated and enjoyed on what make me feels entertained.. loves what's l loved.

It's choosing the right battle to wage. :) Sometimes we want to react, but sometimes it's better to let it slide and move on.

"...Putting away your sword, is drawing out your sword better." - Xu Yang to Yan Chiwu, Ep53 ELOD

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Court decisions can take long, but the fact that TQ brought the battle to where losing it means her credibility on her being a writer will be very sorely affected says something.

If her detractors kept on it when there's legal backing that says it's her original work, then they all deserve being sued. How funny would it have been if they were sued for being that idiot who defies the courts and continue harassing someone because of what they thought she did.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vivi0303 said:

I was under the impression that the allegations of plagiarism were inconclusive at best (on a legal capacity) as the original author of the BL novel was unable to take the case to court. As BL is an illegal genre and would have essentially resulted in self-incrimination if the case went to court.

@vivi0303 How are you? :)

BL novel author and supporters probably never expected TQ to head to the courts. :)

The decision of the courts matter more and hold more weight than what they think she did. It must have been hard too for her.

There's no case for them if they can not present even scant evidences that what she wrote is not originally hers, or for that matter, meets the Chinese laws criteria to consider it as plagiarism.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

49 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It's choosing the right battle to wage. :) Sometimes we want to react, but sometimes it's better to let it slide and move on.

"...Putting away your sword, is drawing out your sword better." - Xu Yang to Yan Chiwu, Ep53 ELOD

Very true...

ELOD drama is a blessing to me actually. I love this drama and also loves the interaction between the fans especially in this forum..everyday learnt something new .

I really love all the members mostly because  everyone here is very polite and open minded.:wub: 

PS; One more page we'll reach 800:D

Hi @vivi0303 *wave*

It's been a while..

Thks for the insights regarding plagiarism.

• Like 3
  • Love 2