[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

51 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

According to Bai Qian there's a billion of (parallel) mortal realm. So... he needed to be really creative if he wanted FJ to show herself instead of finding her in all that mortal realm.

@Miljenko1708

Even if Dijun knew she went into
hiding in the mortal realm, the mortal realm was composed of billions of
worlds. Sitting in front of the Miaohua Glass to scrutinize each world
might not even guarantee the discovery of her location.

So he used Ye Qinti case as a bait

*Bai Qian Letter to FJ 

DH action clearly showed that he wanted
to use Ye Qingti to force Fengjiu's hand. He really did find a good way to
seek her out. Fushen had once remarked that
Donghua had reached the state of single-mindedness in the nine mental
abidings where good and evil were separated by but one thought. What he
did was so unkind that perhaps he had lost his balance and was entering
straight to the dark side.

*sigh* If only Bai's family did not interfere

The Bai family just wanted to make things difficult for Donghua out of their indignation. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Hate to break it to you guys...

Make do of what you want with her witty answer!! :tounge_wink:

@Yori Ten even though I got dizzy with that answer due to comprehension, that’s alright. The book is her masterpiece and we love it, thanks for that info!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Hate to break it to you guys...

The author TQ actually posted a Weibo explaining why did she named her book 枕上书 (actual direct translation of the name is 'The book on the pillow').

哦对了记起来有读者朋友问过我起枕上书是什么意思,凤九的故事与枕头有关系吗,真的难道你们都没有发现吗,这个名字就是说如果一本书写不完,第二本就可以叫枕中书,第三本就可以叫枕下书,如果三本都写不完,第四本就可以叫枕底书。当然目前看来只需要一本枕上书和一本枕底书就够了。

Translation : Oh right, I remembered that some readers have asked me about why I named the book 'The book on the pillow'. Does Feng Jiu's story have anything to do with a pillow? Honestly, have you not discovered (the reason)? The name implies that if a book is incomplete, then the second book can be called 'The book between the pillow' and the third book can be called 'The book beneath the pillow'. If all three books are not completed, then the fourth book can be called 'The End Book'. Of course, right now, from the looks of it, only 'The book above the pillow' and 'The End Book' are enough.

Make do of what you want with her witty answer!! :tounge_wink:

My greedy brain wants this to be a way of saying she can revisit FJ and DH and make all the other "books":joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, MCrisD2020 said:

@Yori Ten even though I got dizzy with that answer due to comprehension, that’s alright. The book is her masterpiece and we love it, thanks for that info!

Haha, it's quite difficult to relay her message to English from Chinese. She's definitely humoring us but who knows what's going on inside that creative mind.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, MCrisD2020 said:

It is also 56 eps for me. I am watching both with viki and wetv english. In viki they have completed with translation til episode 45, (46-48 are still raw, and 4days from now will air ep 49 which i believe will still also be raw). Btw, viki’s translations are better than wetv eng but no complains ;)

Good for you, because WeTV translation is sometimes off. Sometimes, even wrong choice of words. Like when DH and FJ was using the cream to their faces. The sub was saying "dub". The right word is dab. Not complaining either so long that I can still get the gist of their lines, just that can't help noticing the written captions' grammar, spelling, or words used. :rolleyes: 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Haha, it's quite difficult to relay her message to English from Chinese. She's definitely humoring us but who knows what's going on inside that creative mind.

Tqvm for feeding us with such valuable info :love: I should have studied Chinese language harder when I was younger :pensive:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

7 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Ikr..I tried to Google it too. " Heroin cdrama" nothing came out.

Think must Google with the Chinese name instead. Coz the title itself is too vague. And it kept referring to BL drama :sweat_smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Think must Google with the Chinese name instead. Coz the title itself is too vague. And it kept referring to BL drama :sweat_smile:

It is a BL drama, it was banned 3 episodes before the finale in China. That's why the forum has so many discussions.

I believe the 2 actors are even banned from ever appearing on screen together again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Good for you, because WeTV translation is sometimes off. Sometimes, even wrong choice of words. Like when DH and FJ was using the cream to their faces. The sub was saying "dub". The right word is dab. Not complaining either so long that I can still get the gist of their lines, just that can't help noticing the written captions' grammar, spelling, or words used. :rolleyes: 

@MayanEcho right! As long as it is understandable on my part, i just go with the flow! ;)

• Like 4

On 3/11/2020 at 5:26 PM, Zelnk said:

Maybe the editor thinks we got loads of dong feng scenes already and decided to allocate a bit to other character. They did not anticipate the viewers thirst for the family....or maybe we may get some few scenes more like the one with A li and gun gun.

I don't think I'll ever get enough of DongFeng! I want more of them onscreen. On some scenes, I wished that it focused more on them.  ahahahaha

• Like 2
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

It is a BL drama, it was banned 3 episodes before the finale in China. That's why the forum has so many discussions.

I believe the 2 actors are even banned from ever appearing on screen together again.

Oh ic. So it was the correct drama searched. Guardian was my first BL drama followed by Untamed. Didn't watch any others after that. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

It is a BL drama. :tounge_wink:

As for your other reply, Chinese is amusing and it is of late that I am getting myself much more into Chinese materials. Don't worry about not learning it earlier, when there is a will, there is a way!

I find it hard to translate the ever popular memes/emojis that the Chinese netizens love so much and they are very good at it. The memes are called 表情包 (expressions pack). Those created from ELOD have me laughing so hard and very entertaining. :)

@MCrisD2020 Oh! (I love it when DH says Oh!) you got a point there. Was it or was it not?? ;)

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Lady.Nimue said:

Mymy, I've been scrolling this forum for a while that I didn't notice the time. Kinda looking for the Vengo and Reba cut of VLove link. Does anyone know where that page is?

This one ? It on page 59

• Like 3
  • Love 2