[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

There is a Bai babysitting tradition. The youngest will be cared for by the next youngest.

Bai Qian was raised by Bai Zhen.

Feng Jiu was raised by Bai Qian.

Ali is sent to play with Feng Jiu.

one day, Ye Hua arrived home to find Bai Gun Gun playing with Ali.

GG: Father lord says that he is following Qingqiu tradition.

later that night, Ali and GG are banging on the door, demanding to spend more time with a 9-tailed fox.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Do you think JH  remembers her time in the mortal world? If so...she must have recognised FJ. In that case, why does she even bother. No matter immortal or mortal, Dong Hua doesn’t care about her (even when she was sick, Xiao Jiu has to persuade him to check in on her).

And when Xiao Jiu called the emperor Dijun in ep 13, do you think he thinks that is his love rival or what she privately calls him?

can you imagine DH making incense just for FJ? Sadly I can’t picture...not unless he recalls his mortal memories and is feeling like his mortal self

• Like 1

Randomly realized, on heaven, when the fire beast attacked the actors, and Dong Hua saved Feng Jiu, I realized he completely ignored his foster Sister. He chose to attend to a stranger than someone he was supposed to take care of. But then, Zhihe was hiding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Randomly realized, on heaven, when the fire beast attacked the actors, and Dong Hua saved Feng Jiu, I realized he completely ignored his foster Sister. He chose to attend to a stranger than someone he was supposed to take care of. But then, Zhihe was hiding.

In the series, ZH was not hiding. DH passed her by and ignored her. Even if she was hiding, (PB1, p28) he had seen the chariot and her beforehand, and what was happening at the terrace. ZH was not harmed, while FJ has been in a battle. He dropped FJ his robe before driving away the beast because he had known she was drenched.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Cross fingers and toes that the uncut version and unaired BTS will be released. :P Will watch it all over again, haha. Still lockdown where I am, so got plenty enough time. But even if it isn't lockdown anymore, I'd still make time for ELOD. :)

Do you think they will ever release this???

I've watched it once on my own, and recently a second time with my sister, and maybe a third time with my husband. 

Please help me, I can't move on........... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I don't even know why this series is torturing me......

They release BGM for the series and they release 29 songs that doesn't even have the BGMs that I really like.

They released a bunch, and after so many fans bothered them, they released a second wave. 

A lot of fans have been bothering the company to release more, but again........I don't have much hope....

Do you think i should still have hope? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

24 minutes ago, hwen2ee said:

I've watched it once on my own, and recently a second time with my sister, and maybe a third time with my husband. 

No worries, I've seen it too a few times now with the hubs when he's not in the frontline, and the mini-mes who like FJ coz she can draw and DH coz he's wearing purple. :lol: 

Jokes aside, a lot of what was shown, there's a thing or two that one can relate with in the series. So even if the settings are in fantasy lands, there are so many values or situations such as loyalty, respect to elders, proper behaviour and etiquettes, open communication between couples, responsibility for one's actions, etc that we viewers also do in daily lives.

Apart from the superb acting, almost everyone acted accordingly to their roles. Only a couple of crying and screaming I found unnecessary and annoying. :lol: The rest, almost perfect, even the kids.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

13 minutes ago, hwen2ee said:

I don't even know why this series is torturing me......

They release BGM for the series and they release 29 songs that doesn't even have the BGMs that I really like.

They released a bunch, and after so many fans bothered them, they released a second wave. 

A lot of fans have been bothering the company to release more, but again........I don't have much hope....

Do you think i should still have hope? 

Did they release more BGM? Second wave was 7, including the sword dance BGM. I've counted at least 5 more that aren't released while re-watching.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Did they release more BGM? Second wave was 7, including the sword dance BGM. I've counted at least 5 more that aren't released while re-watching.

I don't think they have released more as of right now. 

3 of the BGM they didn't release were my favourite - they almost always play it during their sweet scenes. I can't believe they can just rip us off like that. https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV12E411J7YN

TMOPB has released 2x more BGM than TPB :(

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, hwen2ee said:

hahahaha. Don’t worry. I think it will takes us a while before we moving on. Somehow tencent always put the clips in my newsfeeds. I’m at the stages of counting how many “oo” DJ have said from beginning to the end of the series :joy:.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, hwen2ee said:

I don't think they have released more as of right now. 

3 of the BGM they didn't release were my favourite - they almost always play it during their sweet scenes. I can't believe they can just rip us off like that. https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV12E411J7YN

TMOPB has released 2x more BGM than TPB :(

That one is like the music box version (first part) of snow pile BGM. Very apt for comforting sick FJ. :)

It is the same BGM used for FJ with Mufeng butterfly at DH's library at Ep2 12:43. :)

Instrumental of Pian Pian isn't released yet too. There are two or three more BGM in mortal arc, and even the cringe inducing HEA of JH has one.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

hahahaha. Don’t worry. I think it will takes us a while before we moving on. Somehow tencent always put the clips in my newsfeeds. I’m at the stages of counting how many “oo” DJ have said from beginning to the end of the series :joy:.

I'm watching with headsets recently and noticing the sighs and clearing of throats that are normally not so emphasized through normal speakers.:sweat_smile:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, Dreams87 said:

OMG!! tell me, how many did you count so far???

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

That one is like the music box version (first part) of snow pile BGM. Very apt for comforting sick FJ. :)

It is the same BGM used for FJ with Mufeng butterfly at DH's library at Ep2 12:43. :)

Instrumental of Pian Pian isn't released yet too. There are two or three more BGM in mortal arc, and even the cringe inducing HEA of JH has one.

You are super amazing!! You know where all of the BGM!!

I cropped out a clip in episode 2 at when FJ was in DH's library for the BGM :D it was the least talking

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

On 5/2/2020 at 1:41 PM, triplesung said:

Sorry. I can't even help you. I am in the exact same situation. :joy:

I tried Joy of Life, Skate into Love and Forget You Remember Love  but guess what? ELoD's youtube clips keep haunting me.

That's exactly what happened to me. I can't get away from the drama. I just accepted it and let it be for now. 

PB has clips that fans can keep going back to rewatch again and again and again. And we're never bored. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

46 minutes ago, hwen2ee said:

You are super amazing!! You know where all of the BGM!!

I cropped out a clip in episode 2 at when FJ was in DH's library for the BGM :D it was the least talking

:blush:

Still in the library, at 15:19, the BGM is another variation for that of the sword dance, minus the percussion sound mixed in. 

I liked all the scenes of FJ with the butterfly, even that one when it became gigantic.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Megan said:

Do you think JH  remembers her time in the mortal world? If so...she must have recognised FJ. In that case, why does she even bother. No matter immortal or mortal, Dong Hua doesn’t care about her (even when she was sick, Xiao Jiu has to persuade him to check in on her).

And when Xiao Jiu called the emperor Dijun in ep 13, do you think he thinks that is his love rival or what she privately calls him?

can you imagine DH making incense just for FJ? Sadly I can’t picture...not unless he recalls his mortal memories and is feeling like his mortal self

SR was definitely jealous, he used the energy from his jealousy to win FJ's love. Actually, SR making incense for FJ is such a DH move. Instead of physically making items, DH magic incense, gold fish and small fish bowl for FJ. 

Overall, I felt all three versions of DH loved FJ deeply, but the showed their love in different ways.

SR was positive and loved FJ by constantly giving her verbal praise and gifts.

SY was withdrawn and less confident, but loved AY silently by protecting her from behind the scene.

DH is the combination of SR and SY. DH indulges FJ, he happily tag along to do activities FJ wants and make sure she is protected at all cost. On top of all, DH encourages and teach FJ to better herself, but he never forces her to do anything she does not want.

In all three versions of FJ, she failed to recognise the extent SR/SY/DH loved her. SR/SY/DH prioritized FJ above themselves and others.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

8 hours ago, Megan said:

I loved how DH ignored ZH. I felt DH ignored ZH as much as possible,  even without FJ around. If it wasn't because of ZH's parents, DH most likely would not let ZH within 10ms of him. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4