[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

7 hours ago, Ninky said:

Here’s the shot of the comic hahah. 

cpAr1Bc.jpg

Quick translation:

Pic 1: Heading towards Nan Tian Gate in 9 heavens. Di Jun was invited to the west to attend a buddha meet to cultivate, the meet will last 3 months. On the day of departure, Feng Jiu could not bear to let him go while sending him off at the Nan Tian Gate.

Pic 2: Feng Jiu: “Do you really have to go for three long months?”

Pic 3: Dong Hua: “uhm”

Pic 4: Feng Jiu: “Can’t you go for one day less? You are leaving for so long, what about my homework?

Dong Hua: “I have completed/finished writing all your homework for the next three months.”

Pic 5: Feng Jiu: Why didn’t you say so earlier! I am going back to bed!

Dong Hua:....

Hahahahahahahah

Didnt know there is a comic of them!!!

Greeaaat!!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Hide contents

Drama production politics aside, her HE with XY made me quite speechless. I thought by the way the interactions between XY and Jielu is going, they were foreshadowing something. Guess, maybe not eh? So, what is the point of showing XYxJL? One does have to wonder what JHxXY HE scene (which took away 5 mins of our precious DF couple screen time) contributed to the story? What is the moral of the story here? From XY's POV, as long as you are faithful and blindly love someone, then you will be each other's OTP? Or from JH's POV, it doesn't matter what you do, the one who love you will always forgive you for whatever sins you have committed and you will get a HE?

Spoiler

IMO, bad "business" decision. Perhaps creating more scenes as concession to the previous owner of the rights for the story. In the end, playing the role might not have been actually wise as proven by the backlash she received and still receiving. 

• Like 3

I wish Vengo can have photo shoot having the loose hair like DH in artworks. Like additional souvenir to us. He can pull that off. High quality photo shoot and photos. The author and illustrator might just loose their minds too :yum::love:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

This is funny. Just gonna put under spoiler, bcs it not related to ELOD

Spoiler

Clips from Reba’s drama back in 2015. I think she has a knack for comedy. She’s funny :joy:

in mr pride miss prejudice both V+R were funny. 

Pls have them both in romcom next. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, XiaoDong said:

I'm a bit confuse of the fairyland's calendar, Cheng Yu said that 1 yr in mortal realm is equivalent to 1 day in fairyland. Gun Gun's age is 197 yrs old, is that based on mortal realm calendar or fairyland?

If GG's age is based on mortal realm so 197 yrs= 197 days in fairyland. If fairyland also has 30 days in a month, and 12 months in a year, so in fairyland, 197days/30 days = 6.5 months. But GG doesn't look like a 6 month infant. :sweat_smile:

On the other hand, if GG's age is based on the fairyland year, so 197 yrs, 1 yr fairyland = 365 yrs in mortal realm, therefore 197 yrs fairyland times 365 = 71,905 yrs in mortal realm? Did FJ and GG stayed that long in mortal realm?? :joy:

BTW, does my computation make sense or everything I've said doesn't make any sense?:joy:

Always use immortal calendar. Gun Gun is 197 immortal tears old.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

There are posts on Weibo saying that overseas edition are 60 episodes long. I don't see it in WeTV here. What about you guys? 

56 only for me. Any screenshots as proof it's 60? Where overseas they say it's 60?

• Like 4

@MayanEcho I have actually replied to the Weibo post asking for more info but they haven't replied yet. That posts have over 600 plus replies all wanting to know more as well. My suspicion is ELOD was originally a 60 episodes long drama but whichever site the OP took the screen shot of didn't update after the reduction.

I also saw another posts with screenshot of the APP Just Watch which also shows 60 episodes. Couldn't find that posts now.

Screenshot-20200315-194357.png

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@MayanEcho I have actually replied to the Weibo post asking for more info but they haven't replied yet. That posts have over 600 plus replies all wanting to know more as well. My suspicion is ELOD was originally a 60 episodes long drama but whichever site the OP took the screen shot of didn't update after the reduction.

I also saw another posts with screenshot of the APP Just Watch which also shows 60 episodes. Couldn't find that posts now.

I wish they kept it at 60. Now, if they release in the near future special edition or director's cut episodes, that will be lovely. I think I've seen one or two series apart from Untamed in WeTV app having additional releases.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, bertrande said:

@Yori Ten @MayanEcho my provider here also says 56 only. :(

Hoping they would eventually release some special editions. I wish they kept it at 60 episodes. And if they really needed to shorten it, I wish they adjusted not at the ending episodes but somewhere in the middle of the series.

• Like 5

Does anyone know if Dong hua gets all the power he discharged back once he leaves the dream world? 

Naturally, I was worried....

On 3/11/2020 at 2:50 AM, janine Ang said:

I never imagined before that their is something in her birthmark.... now that the writer is releasing something from next book.... i felt maybe theirs more... and 

• Like 3

On 3/13/2020 at 7:43 PM, vivi0303 said:

Omg, I am dying from all the laughing.:joy::heart: The theme song to our "discussions"

been an active lurker for almost 1 year because of Pillowbook and i must say, i'm loving every minute/detail of the things being discussed here, definitely a stress buster with the things happening around us.  Regarding the 'lack of passion', it's like your all reading my mind as well....that's why i quoted this reply from @vivi0303

thanks for sharing your chinese skills with us in doing the translation... apologies if i cannot remember your handlers, my hats off to you all ladies.

sorry if my post is quite long...

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, mtalspaugh said:

Does anyone know if Dong Hua gets all the power he discharged back once he leaves the dream world? 

Dong Hua will regained his power upon coming out from Aranya's Dream. But Miao Luo managed to ambush him during the Dream when he is at only one percent of his power. He did not delayed tightening Miao Luo's "handcuffs"  and strike her for injuring Feng Jiu.

However, he did not have the chance to recuperate his injuries because of the Miao Luo's threat. He did not have minions who send 100 to 200 people to recharge his power. It is also noted that he did not regained 100% of his power even after returning from the mortal realm trial.

Going back to Feng Jiu's strategy of using tears to get your way, Dong Hua had the first hand of the power of her tears when she called out for her "Mother" and Dong Hua had to stand-in for that during her nightmares. I laughed at his look when he told her it is no point crying and she went 3 points higher in her wailing. Dong Hua gave in and he became her pillow.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

5 hours ago, BaiZiHua said:

I just found this super hot NFSW pix of Vengo (Modern Day Dijun hehe) on weibo. I thought I would share it with you to make up for the blanket ep/scene. He basically has on only a button up shirt and his underwear. OMG, I hope I dont get in trouble for posting it LOL. I thought since were coming to the end of the drama, this is the prolly the best time to post it. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Click at your own risk LOL  :blink:

A little too hot to handle :relaxed:

• Naughty 6
  • LOL 3

11 hours ago, They Sick said:

JH is not even first. FJ met DJ way before her. 

When I first encountered her character in the book, I felt that she feels so self-entitled that she pissed me off more than Zhihe, especially with the stunt that she pulled that ended up ruining FJ and DH's wedding.

• Like 6

@XiaoDong  Tang Qi answered some fan questions and said that although generally the rule of thumb is 1 day in heaven equals 1 year in the mortal realm, she says this isn't always the case. According to her, this world she created is a figment of her imagination and isn't real - so somethings aren't an exact science. So, don't crack your head so hard to figure out the calculations ...:innocent:

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
  • Thanks 2